Profile for Audrey Lewis > Reviews

Content by Audrey Lewis

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Audrey Lewis (Memphis, Tn.)

The Bourne Identity: Jason Bourne Book #1
The Bourne Identity: Jason Bourne Book #1
by Robert Ludlum
Price: CDN$ 10.79
113 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Top-Notched, Thrilling Story,, Dec 12 2010
Jason Bourne, the hero is brought to life by Robert Ludlum. The author has a gift to bring this character to a stage that you can almost live his life with him, feel his distress and his agony. The story was very captivating and it was a thrilling read.

When it comes to the "spy" novel, there are few writers that exceed Robert Ludlum's talents. When I finished reading this book I came to this conclusion that most "thriller" writers fall way short. The book is fairly long, so set back and enjoy several evenings of an exciting, wonderful story.
I look forward to reading the sequel to this book. Highly recommend.

Dream Man
Dream Man
by Linda Howard
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
66 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Terrific Romance and Suspense story,, Dec 12 2010
This review is from: Dream Man (Mass Market Paperback)
"Dream Man" was an exciting story that combined both romance and suspense. I have read several of Linda Howard's books and I have enjoyed all of them, however in this book I thought there was a thick dose of lengthy descriptions of rape and murders. Still I was up most the night reading it, and I was thoroughly caught up in Marlie and Dane's story!

These characters had a chemistry that kept me from putting the book down because Ms. Howard captured their love story, and yet she wove it into a tension-filled adventure. I think that this book is one of Linda Howard's best, and I would recommend it to all my friends.

Even Now
Even Now
by Karen Kingsbury
8 used & new from CDN$ 3.42

4.0 out of 5 stars A Warm and tender story., Dec 12 2010
This review is from: Even Now (Hardcover)
I'm new to Karen Kingsbury and a friend gave this book to read. She thought that it was a wonderful story. Well, I have to agree with her, the book was terrific. Once I started reading the book I had a hard time putting it down.

The author's style of writing is warm and heartfelt and I can hardly wait to read another book by this author. So long.

The Last Juror
The Last Juror
by John Grisham
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
191 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great Small Town Story of truth and justice,, Dec 12 2010
I thought this story of the little Southern town; its small town newspaper owner and its citizens was just a super read. I enjoyed the world of Willie as he became more known by the folks of this Mississippi hamlet.

Mr. Crisham did an excellent jobe of developing his character in such a way that I couldn't help but read page after page wondering what adventure he would stumble into. Without hesitation I would recommend this book to all my friends.

Tommytown
Tommytown
by Robert L. Saunders
Price: CDN$ 17.43
10 used & new from CDN$ 17.42

4.0 out of 5 stars A Warm and Touching story among a difficult environment., Dec 11 2010
This review is from: Tommytown (Paperback)
Tommytown is a truly refreshing departure the typical best sellers that are out there today. The exception is A Thousand Splendid Suns and a few other books that I won't mention.

Mr. Saunders steps out of the box and encircles a world of writing that I would like to see more of from writers today. His passion and honesty drawn from his own childhood experiences are transposed into this captivating tale. Actually I found it hard to believe that the author was able to sit down and relive his horrible experiences of living in sheer poverty and constant fear of a father that showed no compassion or concern for the welfare of his wife and children. This family was dirt poor and the author made no effort to give me the impression that I would not be paying a visit to the home of the Beaver Cleaver's family. Still, I was glad the author sprinkled a bit of humor here and there because it kept the story from being so depressing. I really enjoyed the horse back ride the two brothers, Barry and Noah took on the hot summer night. I just had to laugh.

Gathering of Cans
Gathering of Cans
by Robert L. Saunders
Price: CDN$ 21.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 1.66

5.0 out of 5 stars I haven't found a book this engaging in a long time!, Dec 11 2010
This review is from: Gathering of Cans (Paperback)
I was mesmerized by this book. I read it in two sittings. I was so absorbed in the story I felt like I was standing with Zoie, Birdie, Nat and Jerry. When I got to the end I wanted more, and I wanted to turn the last page and see what else was going to happen to these exciting characters. I haven't found a book this engaging in a long time.
I was moved to tears several times and had to remind myself that I was reading a book. It definitely is a powerful story that will stay in your mind long after you are finished. A wonderful novel by an author that you will definitely remember. I plan to buy the author's Tommytown before the day is finished. I would recommend Gathering of Cans to anyone.