Profile for JC > Reviews

Content by JC

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

JC (Ontario Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Anjulie
Anjulie
Price: CDN$ 19.11
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Anjulie, Aug. 4 2009
Ce commentaire est de: Anjulie (Audio CD)
Anjulie is easily the best new artist I have heard in YEARS... her voice is rich and gorgeous, her range incredibly varied. She is at times reminiscent of artists like Nelly Furtado and Corinne Bailey Rae, but only in the best possible ways. Anjulie is a stunningly beautiful woman (just check out the intensely awesome video for the first single, 'Boom') and yet her music completely overshadows her genetic blessings. I hope to hear much more in the future from this amazing new artist, and I dare say that I think I smell a Juno... maybe even a Grammy?! in a perfect world...

The Comeback (HBO) (Sous-titres franais) (Sous-titres français)
The Comeback (HBO) (Sous-titres franais) (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Lisa Kudrow
Offered by Warehouse105
Price: CDN$ 18.94
16 used & new from CDN$ 4.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Lisa Kudrow is perfect!, Dec 23 2008
The fact that this show was canceled after only one season is criminal! It is absolutely hilarious in soooo many different ways. Valerie Cherish is one of the greatest television characters of all time... Lisa Kudrow nails it once again!! As perfect as a single season run could possibly be.

Human
Human
Price: CDN$ 9.49
21 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Brandy just keeps getting better!, Dec 12 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Human (Audio CD)
Brandy's last album 'Aphrodisiac' was phenomenal, so my expectations for this album were pretty high. 'Human' completely exceeded my expectations - I absolutely love it!! Her first single 'Right Here (Departed)' is certainly a highlight, but three other tracks that immediately caught my attention and kept me hitting repeat were 'The Definition', 'Piano Man' (not an Elton John remake), and 'Fall'. Overall, this is a solid release from a seasoned professional who doesn't get anywhere near the credit she deserves. As far as I'm concerned, Brandy is worthy of success parallel to that of Beyonce.

Wild Hope
Wild Hope
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 29.95
4 used & new from CDN$ 2.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive!, Aug. 24 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Wild Hope (Audio CD)
I have been listening to this album for over a year now and I still think of it as being shiny and new. Wild Hope is certainly her most sophisticated effort to date, and her collaborations on this album do not disappoint. Mandy Moore has proven herself as a relevant talent in the music industry, and I look forward to many more heartfelt recordings in the future.

Frank
Frank
Price: CDN$ 13.92
13 used & new from CDN$ 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Amy Winehouse is a legend!, Aug. 24 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Frank (Audio CD)
Despite all the negative media attention Amy Winehouse has, she is a relevant and important voice in music. She has got talent to spare and her debut is in many ways even better than her sophomore album Back to Black. I love both albums, but there is something about Frank that has me hitting the play button more often than with her follow-up.

Made Of Bricks
Made Of Bricks
Price: CDN$ 10.47
42 used & new from CDN$ 2.44

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!, Aug. 24 2008
Ce commentaire est de: Made Of Bricks (Audio CD)
I think Kate Nash is a great new talent! Her songs are catchy with a fun narrative, which I find to be a nice change of pace. This is one artist who is certainly not afraid to play with musical conventions, and she has created a quirky and fun debut!

My December
My December
Price: CDN$ 9.49
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Kelly has proven herself., June 9 2007
Ce commentaire est de: My December (Audio CD)
This album is INCREDIBLE. I have just finished listening to it for, ohh, the ONE MILLIONTH TIME since getting my hands on it, and I absolutely love it. Not only did Kelly have a hand in writing the entire album and fight with her label to release it, but it's actually GOOD... no, GREAT. It truely is. This is a 'must own' album not only for fans, but for anyone who appreciates good music. Kelly has poured her heart and soul into this music and the effort shows. Her voice is as spectacular as usual, no surprise there - but there is also so much feeling behind every lyric, every note, that it makes all her new songs that much more meaningful and that much more of an EXPERIENCE. Kelly Clarkson really is an artist, as hard as that may be for some to swallow, seeing as she came out of American Idol. But the proof is in this album. 'Breakaway' was fantastic and I love every song on that album... but somehow 'My December' feels different, special in a way I cannot explain. All I can say is that Kelly is a truely talented young woman who deserves our respect and this album will not disappoint. She refused to compromise her artistic integrity with 'My December' and managed to produce a worthy follow-up to 'Breakaway' on her own terms... I applaud her for this... she is a strong female role model and is a breath of fresh air to a celebrity obsessed culture that values manufactured idols... Kelly is the real deal.

The Best Damn Thing (Deluxe Edition with DVD)
The Best Damn Thing (Deluxe Edition with DVD)
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 26.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 7.62

5.0 out of 5 stars FABULOUS!!, April 17 2007
Why would anyone buy the regular (clean) edition when they could get this deluxe edition w/dvd and explicit lyrics? This edition is the way to go with this album, which is fantastic! Every song is a lot of fun, incredibly catchy, and I love the cheerleader-esque vibe of a lot of the songs. It seems like the only weak link here is Keep Holding On (which I like also, but its just so cheesy). Anyone looking for a more grown up and mature Avril should look elsewhere, you won't like this album.

Sex and the City: The Complete Series (Collector's Giftset)
Sex and the City: The Complete Series (Collector's Giftset)
DVD ~ Sarah Jessica Parker^Kim Cattrall^Kristin Davis^Cynthia Nixon^Chris Noth^David Eigenberg^Willie Garson^Kyle MacLachlan^John Corbett^Evan Handler^Jason Lewis^Lynn Cohen
7 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Legendary Show, March 1 2007
This show is fantastic. The writing, the acting, everything about it is superb. This Collector's Giftset is the only way to go for hardcore fans. The case is gorgeous, and the bonus disc is pretty cool also. A fabulous addition to anyone's DVD collection.

Katharine McPhee
Katharine McPhee
Offered by bigmediadeals
Price: CDN$ 14.98
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars McPhee is McPhabulous, Feb. 1 2007
Ce commentaire est de: Katharine McPhee (Audio CD)
McPhabulous is the best phony adjective to describe Katharine McPhee. This album is everything I hoped it would be and more. I was afraid that she would stick to "Over the Rainbow" sounding songs that made her a popular Idol, and that would have made for a seriously boring CD. She worked with some talented people on this album and the effort shows. The songs are a lot of fun and her voice is absolutely incredible. Granted, there is room for improvement, but that just gives us more to look forward to in the future! McPhee has made a lasting and loyal fan out of me.

Page: 1 | 2