Profile for fireignite > Reviews

Content by fireignite

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

fireignite

Scosche IPTM myTREK, Wireless Pulse Monitor
Scosche IPTM myTREK, Wireless Pulse Monitor
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 29.03
9 used & new from CDN$ 29.03

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price and Accuracy, Jan. 6 2014
I bought this unit from Walmart's in Canada and I paid nearly suggested retail price. I used it and found that Scosche makes a very good and reliable pulse monitor. However, I decided to check the web including Amazon to make sure that I got the best deal and I found that Amazon was offering this unit at 60% cheaper than Walmart's. I returned the Walmart's unit and ordered on From Amazon, and I received my Scosche in about 5 days.

This unit is very easy to use with my iPhone app. It reads my pulse in 2-3 seconds compared to using the pulse monitor built in to my home elliptical trainer. I must admit I do not have an expensive high end gym quality elliptical trainer and therefore it takes 30 seconds to a minute to get my pulse read. Therefore, I really appreciate the Scosche unit which is worn comfortably around your forearm and transmits your pulse reading consistently to the iPhone for display.

Note: I've purchased other pulse monitor type like watches with the monitor unit that is strapped to your chest. I found the watch operation to be complicated compared to the easy to use app on the iPhone. Also using the chest strap is a pain and for me because I found it very uncomfortable. I like to wear lose clothing when I workout so having to have a chest strap secured tightly around my chest is not ideal for me.

I highly recommend this product at the Amazon's pricing.

GMYLE (TM) Black PU Leather Magnetic Slim Fit Folding Folio Flip Case Cover Stand with Wake-Up Sleep function for ASUS Google Nexus 7-Inch 2013 FHD Version 2 2nd Generation
Offered by Gigacity
Price: CDN$ 8.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price, Great Product, Jan. 2 2014
It fits the Nexus 7 (2013) tablet model perfectly. The price was amazing and you cannot go wrong with this purchase.

Zyliss Classic Rotary Cheese Grater
Zyliss Classic Rotary Cheese Grater
Price: CDN$ 19.03
5 used & new from CDN$ 12.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Not designed for soft cheese, Feb. 11 2012
The description should have mentioned that this unit is not suited for soft cheeses. It is okay for harder cheeses but i bought it for cheddar and mozarella. When tried to shred mozarella it squishes the cheese and made a mess within the device. Disappointed that the decscription was not better written.

Zyliss Jumbo Garlic Press with Cleaner
Zyliss Jumbo Garlic Press with Cleaner
Price: CDN$ 22.39
7 used & new from CDN$ 22.39

5.0 out of 5 stars finally a good garlic press, Jan. 27 2012
The best i've used to-date. Had many other presses that break after a year or two and most crush garlic too coarsely for my liking. I even bought a garlic press that uses ratchet technology and that lasted less than a year and cost 3 times the price if this one. This press produces finely pressed garlic and the cleaner is simply clever and very useful. Hope this will be the last one i purchase!