Profile for Walt Dittrich > Reviews

Content by Walt Dittrich

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Walt Dittrich "Walt D in LV" (Las Vegas, NV)

Page: 1 | 2
4 used & new from CDN$ 19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a made-up documentary, July 22 2002
This review is from: Laramie Project, the (VHS Tape)
This movie is simply a documentary. In fact, it's really just a bunch of interviews. And interviews with actors portraying the original people that lived in this town. So, really, it's just a made-up documentary.
That understood, it was well done. It looked real, the actors did a great job. I don't remember hearing about this true-life incident, so I wasn't swept up in the emotion, nor was I really interested in the event.
I would have liked this movie a whole lot more if it was NOT a documentary, but a re-enactment of the whole incident, from the Shepard boy's life and home and at school, to the murder, to the aftermath. THEN, the interviews could have had some meaning.
I watched it. I sat through the whole thing. But if I came across this documentary, or rather, a REAL documentary with the real people on Discovery, A&E, or some channel like that, I would change the channel and not be interested at all.

4 used & new from CDN$ 19.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Just a made-up documentary, July 22 2002
This review is from: Laramie Project, the (VHS Tape)

Top Secret Recipes Lite!
Top Secret Recipes Lite!
Price: CDN$ 12.27
66 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Lite done Right!, March 30 2002
Not as good as Todd's other books, this book takes great recipes and makes light, low-fat recipes out of 'em. get the other books first -THEY are GREAT!

Unbreakable (Bilingual)
Unbreakable (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Bruce Willis
Price: CDN$ 9.97
63 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic! Shayamalan strikes again!, March 30 2002
This review is from: Unbreakable (Bilingual) (DVD)
Not quite as good as the Sixth Sense, but with just as big a payoff, this movie is fantastic!
If you love(d) comic books you will LOVE this movie.

Top Secret Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
Price: CDN$ 15.16
84 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Oh my gosh great!, April 19 2001
This book takes recipes from all over the country - Drinks like Snapple Ice Tea, candy bars, McDonald's sandwiches, KFC, and so many others (for a list, are spelled out easily and simply.
Imagine eating a Quarter Pounder in just 10 minutes for pennies! Make your favorite foods for cheaper and have more fun doing it! I have all the books in Mr. Wilbur's series and they are fantastic!

More Top Secret Recipes: More Fabulous Kitchen Clones of America's Favorite Brand-Name Foods
Price: CDN$ 12.64
61 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, April 19 2001
This follow up to Top Secret Recipes is also fantastic. Recipes from products around the country, laced with interesting history about the products! The recipes are simple, fun, and when you take a bite of that little thing you made yourself, wow!
Cinnabons, Snapple, and more! There are many candy bars to make, but they require a heavy duty mixer for the caramel and nougat. This book is inexpensive, and has great recipes ...
I also recommend very, very highly, Top Secret Restaurant Recipes, also by Todd Wilbur.

The Non-Designer's Web Book
The Non-Designer's Web Book
by Robin Williams
36 used & new from CDN$ 0.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Web Design!, April 19 2001
Robin's other book, Non-Designer's Design Book, was great at introducing simple design techniques. This one, however, takes it a step further, by introducing and talking at length about color, and of course, web design. I love this book! I am about to order the second edition, which I hope will be better because it's been updated to be more current with technology.
Robin's writing style is simple, to the point, and interlaced with humor.
I am one who knows computers and the various programs to make pages, but I have no artistic ability. This book and Robin's other books have helped me to understand many simple design techniques to make my pages look much better.

Naked Babies
Naked Babies
by Nick Kelsh
36 used & new from CDN$ 2.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Little Babies, Feb. 5 2001
This review is from: Naked Babies (Hardcover)
My wife and I saw this on Oprah and I knew I had to get it for her. We have three kids now aged 8 mos, 3 and 5 years. The wife loves this book, and anyone who likes kids can't help but love the beautiful pictures in here as well.
Similar to the Anne Geddes books and pictures you see all over, except these are not decorated with flowers and stuff. Just babies and parts. Close-ups of a foot, a hand, an ear. It really is amazing to behold.

Top Secret Restaurant Recipes: Creating Kitchen Clones from America's Favorite Restaurant Chains
Price: CDN$ 11.91
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Could not be better!, Aug. 3 2000
This was the first of Todd's books I bought (I now own all 5),and what got me started with cooking. The recipes are easy to understand, ingredients easy to find, and they taste like the originals!
Save money, buy this book, and have fun making food at home!...

HTML Goodies
HTML Goodies
by Joe Burns
Price: CDN$ 28.95
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.77

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy It Now!, April 4 2000
This review is from: HTML Goodies (Paperback)
I bought this book, and it's sister publication, JavascriptGoodies, sight unseen! The site was soincredible, I knew I had to support the guy and buy his book(s).
As it turned out, this book was even better than I had anticipated. A lot of the stuff was on the website, but now I had a reference I could carry around with me AND that I could look at while programming, rather than switch back and forth between web pages.
Probably the best asset is the author's writing style. It's in an everyday how-do-you-do-plain-English style. You can tell he's a very well liked professor at the college he teaches at.
When Dr. Burns tells you how to do something, he also tells you WHY you'd want to do that way, as well as other ways you could do it.
This book is just fantastic. Visit the website, and come back here and buy it. END

Page: 1 | 2