Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Great Raid [Blu-ray] [Import]
Great Raid [Blu-ray] [Import]
DVD ~ Benjamin Bratt
Price: CDN$ 10.93
21 used & new from CDN$ 6.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars Indeed..., July 4 2014
Daniel Jolley you are my hero my friend”sorry for being so presumptuous to call you my friend,but I totally
agree with your review on this movie, Oh the forgotten people that give us what we call freedom,are we really,
I always hear people say how they had it so good back in the old days,try living in the Philippines back in 1945 or
China, 1937. (see the movie City of Life or Death) for that matter, when the Japanese invade both country,
now I will not say that I’m up on this subject or claim to be an expert,but I know war is hell,from what I’ve seen,
even so, to burn your enemy and watch them die, and is willing to shoot them as they try to escape is beyond despicable,
these officers I know had orders, but to carry them out so willfully with glee, is Way beyond my thinking of what Us, We,
Humans are supposed to be, my good lord this had me on the edge of my seat,hoping that everything would turn out good,
and it did, plus it was nice to see the Raw footage of the actual event that took place on this Disc,
and I was wondering how they get them to show us the actual footage,because I heard this was a long time coming for this movie,
now I can understand your concern Ernst Wiltmann” about what you said, but don’t you think, it shouldn't be about the goggles
and the inaccuracy of a low budget film that I am sure people didn’t want made, now I know that’s really bad,
but the cry should be mostly about all those soldiers who lost their lives to a horrendous, heinous, despicable, Crime towards humanity,
but giving this one Star is doing the same as they are, I don’t think Any war movie should get any Stars so to speak,
but it’s there to give, so I will give five only, only to those brave men who perform this rescue, and to the victims who suffer
at the hands of the enemy, That’s Ten, I sincerely hope I never offend anyone at any time, thanks’
5.1 Master Audio. I don’t think it’s DTS-HD it don’t sound like it,voices were very Low.
Runtime 131 Minutes.
Five Stars Indeed....

22 Jump Street (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
22 Jump Street (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
Price: CDN$ 25.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Will Wait For It,, July 3 2014
Boy I tell you people her ego must be getting the best of her”, I think you better stop or it will explode,
now I hope you’ve done everything in your handy dandy Scale,I don’t know which Provence you live in
to get 1 dollar days, maybe there’re not educated enough to know that the prices is gone up,which is a
good thing for you, now I will take your Advice Sheilah, and wait a Year and a half, or maybe more for the
price to go down,because where I live we don’t have that luxury to find stupid people to let me in the theatre,
or the last time I check, I can’t seem to find anymore movie rental outlet, please direct me. Wow.
Will Wait For It,

Hannah Arendt [Blu-ray]
Hannah Arendt [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Barbara Sukowa
Price: CDN$ 28.47
19 used & new from CDN$ 22.24

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT......, July 1 2014
This review is from: Hannah Arendt [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
“Margarethe Von Trotta” on “Hannah Arendt”the light that comes from a person’s work enters directly into the
world and remains after the person dies,Whether it is large or small, transitory or enduring depends upon the world
and its ways, Posterity will judge, the light that comes from a person life—spoken words, gestures, friendships—survives
only in memories , If it is to enter into the world,it must find a new form, A story must be made from many memories and stories,
--Elisabeth Young Bruehl, Author of Hannah Arendt, for Love of the world....
This was taken from the 20 page Booklet that came from this very fine movie that I think I could watch over and over,
this woman had an understanding that I don’t think a lot of people can comprehend, for the simple fact,they though she hate Jews”
and that was farthest from the truth,like she said, thinking should not be a crime,
“Barbara Sukowa” who stared as Arendt was so good I though I was watching the real woman, what a chain-smoker she was, Wow,
what an Intelligent movie for the senses, they were some real footage of the trial of “Adolf Eichmann” in this movie,
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. English And German, with Subtitles in (English).
Runtime 113 Minutes.
LOVE IT......

The Fifth Estate [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
The Fifth Estate [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: CDN$ 20.64
29 used & new from CDN$ 13.74

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, For When You’re Sad About Something,, July 1 2014
Well I got to say I love the headline from Bernie’ on his review of the the “Fifth Estate”
which states, give a man a mask and he will tell the truth”this is what I’ve been saying about other
people that write reviews here on Amazon hiding behind there computer (Mask) getting other people to
do there dirty work for them, you know it’s okay to come out of the closet,lots of people done it,
what was this movie about really,what were they trying to tell us, something we already know but we will
never ever get the facts about our leaders,about how wars are started and who suffer the consequences,
want to know who, the civilian of course, the mother or father who cry's for there kid to come back alive,
but the good thing about it, we have our freedom, isn’t it always the truth that make people runaway from you,
hey man you know,know ones going to know, no, not until someone feels guilty, about it,
what this movie tells me, it’s nice to know you have friends you can trust, every one wants a piece of everything,
know matter who they hurt to get it, and if you don’t believe that,see if you can swallow it without water,
look, lots of people told a lie even me, some time or another, but what that lie consist of is a different matter,
two stars for Benedict Cumberbatch”performance, two for the movie,
Runtime 128 Minutes.
Not Bad, For When You’re Sad About Something,

Kill Charlie Countryman [Bluray] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Kill Charlie Countryman [Bluray] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Shia LaBoeuf
Price: CDN$ 26.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 4.00

4.0 out of 5 stars It Is Not A Very Bad Movie.When I Consider Some Of The Rest I’ve Seen., June 27 2014
Well first off”I have to say something about this “Dolby true HD,it STINKS really bad,when in your surround system,
had to turn my T.V. volume up,which you’re not supposed to do when you have surround sound,at 15 Dbs. still can’t hear,
now that’s way too bad, finally had to turn the subtitles on,
Now the movie is not that bad, but I wish some director would give “Shia LaBoeuf” a more grown up role to play,
I wonder if that’s why he’s acting out all his frustration on his inability to get those roles, getting tired of the mommy thing,
like the “Transformer Trilogy, they sort of give him the same theme here, but it was good,when his mom died he was lost
and didn’t know where he belong, so he took a trip to Bucharest when he fell in love with Gabi (Evan Rachel Wood) but Gabi
has a dark past that she herself would like to forget,her husband played by, Mads Mikkelsen”who in turn is also being hunted
by another Til Schweiger”so you know this is not going to turn out good for all involved, even though Shia was good in this,
I still need to see him do something a little more grown up, Mads Mikkelsen is the one that really brought some well deserved
credit to the movie, the guy really made his presence felt every time he’s on screen, even little Ron” Weasly” hope it’s spelled right,
(Rupert Grint) had a not so small role, which was very very funny,
this was sort of like “True Romance” with Christian Slater”
5.1 Dolby True HD. what a Dud.
Runtime 103 Minutes.
2.35:1 Widescreen.
It Is Not A Very Bad Movie.When I Consider Some Of The Rest I've Seen.

The Attack [Blu-ray + DVD]
The Attack [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Ali Suliman
Price: CDN$ 19.97
3 used & new from CDN$ 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It’s A Gripping Film. From Start To Finish..., June 25 2014
“I think I’ve seen almost every kind of genre movies that’s out there” I don’t know why that is but it gives me a
sense of realism as to what’s in the Director’s head, or the author of the book that become a movie, fact or fiction,
which brings me to this movie “The Attack” staring Ali Suliman” as (Amin Jaafari) who’s trying to come to grips with
the fact of what his wife has done, you would believe after fifteen years of marriage you would know someone you live with,
sometimes that’s not always the case, and when you try to give your innocence as to the fact you didn’t know nothing,
still know one believes you, this movie is simple as they come so I will not spoil any of it in my review, but watching the Haunting
performance by Mr. Ali (Jaafari) is nothing more than compelling, this man wants to find the truth in a world where no one would
ever dare go for answers, and come out alive, but he presses on but still doesn’t get anywhere,
this is the beauty of the movie, it tells you why for a cause, but doesn’t give away anything as to why it must be done,
who in their right mind would kill the innocence of the world, that no one wants to know because it’s a despicable Act,
I don’t know how I would feel if this was to happen to life, Even if it’s not on a huge scale as this, could you imagine the pain
of knowing someone you love could do this, something you would have to live with for the rest of your life, now That’s Tough,
this is what the story gives you, and Ask you, do we really know,
now just today I was reading in the Toronto Sun,about people punching people on the sidewalk to see if they could knock them out
with one blow, they Arrested one guy, it’s happing in the U.S.A. right now, The Man In The Iron Mask mean anything to you, Wow.
Arabic 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
English Dolby 2.0
1 H 45 Min.
It’s A Gripping Film. From Start To Finish...

Bushido Man: Seven Deadly Battles
Bushido Man: Seven Deadly Battles
DVD ~ Mitsuki Koga
Price: CDN$ 14.99
22 used & new from CDN$ 14.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Choreographed Movie. With A Good Story Too., June 18 2014
“Oh my, you say you like action movies that give you a sense of direction to follow,then look no further,
it’s right here in this movie, BUSHIDO MAN SEVEN DEADLY BATTLES, The Cosmic Way”
after arriving from a pilgrimage across Japan, warrior Toramaru tells the tale of his seven Battles to his Master, “Gensai,
how you should know your enemy by eating his food,sounds silly enough for you, no it’s not,this movie is so well choreographed,
it’s not even funny, what I’ve learned from the features is, that most of the fight scene was done on the spot while they were filming,
and none of the Actors got paid for doing their part,in the movie, it’s good to know you can get a good movie for under a Million”
this is so way, way better than "Man of Tai Chi" it’s funny at times with a very Neat, I’m telling you Neat SURPRISE,
the English dub is fantastic,but I always leave it in it’s original form, is very easy to read,
Shout Factory always seem to put some Fantastic Blu-Rays, most of the time and this one is no exception,
1.78:1 NTSC.
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Not Rated (Contain Adult Content)
Runtime 88 Minutes.
Beautifully Choreographed Movie. With A Good Story Too.

The Colony (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
The Colony (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Laurence Fishburne
Offered by 1000Deals
Price: CDN$ 7.94
10 used & new from CDN$ 7.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Well. I Love It To The Last Drop.., June 9 2014
“Now I will not waste a lot of time boring you to death like Robert Badgley did with his review,about every
dam detail about the movie that he seem to don’t like,why waste time and computer space (paper) talking about
something you don’t like, I don’t think anyone compel you to wright your review,
if you’re trying to influence me to not see it,didn’t work, I think the movie was good for what it is,
it wasn’t trying to be over the top like the other big budget movies are,and then fail to the highest level,and I’m sure you
will knock that one as well, I really enjoy this movie, everything flow to what the movie was about,
it was a frozen planet,so they had to go live underground,a place they call the Colony”there is nothing high tech about the movie,
they had to survive, to the very last person,and the other people they encounter they knew nothing about,
that for me was the best part,I’ll say it again people seem to wait for a hero to save the day,I’m so tired of that S***,it’s been done
ever sense the inception of movie making, I’m sure a lot of people know by now that life's not fair,no matter were you live,
even underground it seems, you think,
2.35 LB. Widescreen.
Runtime 94 Minutes.
Well. I Love It To The Last Drop..

The Counselor (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
The Counselor (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Michael Fassbender
Price: CDN$ 10.49
11 used & new from CDN$ 6.00

5.0 out of 5 stars “This Is A Movie I Would Recommend., June 5 2014
“What an absolutely phenomenal movie” if movies should only get as real as this one is, we would all give five stars,
there is no good guy going to save the day in this movie,like all the rest I’ve seen, won’t mention any names,
it’s all about the very bad people that we have in this world,the drug cartel, when you mess with these people, it never ends well,
every scene in this movie tells a story, to some people that seem like a life time,you just have to read between lines,
take your time don’t rush this movie or you would miss everything it’s trying to relay to you,
especially the scene with “Rubén Blades’ and “Michal Fassbender” listen to every word that was said,even if you think it’s not right,
what he’s saying,there is a meaning to those words that these people live by, no ifs or buts with these guys,Humans at there best,and worst”
these people the Cartel, don’t want to know if brother did it or if your mother did it,they want there money,so everyone's going to pay,
right down to the smallest person,it doesn’t matter to them who gets it, “Cameron Diaz was one badass in the movie,I loved it,
and I don’t think she over did it at all, like I said before there is no hero in this movie that’s going to save the day,this is what I like,
“Cormac McCarthy” screenplay is brilliantly done, the movie was so lurid,with Fassbender at the helm of it as usual,remember “Shame”
“Ridley Scott” you did yourself justice with this one, after your near Debacle with “Prometheus”, nice comeback,
it was nice to see “Goran Višnjic” from E.R. even though it was a small part,
the one scene with “Brad Pitt” was so horrific, I had a nightmare after seeing it, that, was down right pretty gross,
when people get so used to seeing the good guy win all the time, it’s like their eyes is so focus on someone winning that they can’t
see what’s happening right in front of them, this is art at it’s best, I just bloody love it,
Unrated 138 Minutes.
Rated 117 Minutes.
“This Is A Movie I Would Recommend.

Beyond Outrage [Blu-ray] [Import]
Beyond Outrage [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 32.56
15 used & new from CDN$ 21.47

5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Love This Movie. It Was A Pleasure Watching It., May 23 2014
“We get to the final of “Beyond Outrage” I can’t remember ever seeing a movie, that’s’ so debatable to the point,
of never ever getting to be boring,the way the movie was presented to the viewer in this classic nuisance style,
when you need to get rid of your enemy don’t waste your time and energy with your own men, get a friend of a friend
to do the job for you,just sit back and watch,when the real killing take place, watch out,
I love the way this guy thinks,there is no holds bared in this man brain,”Takeshi Kitano”I never knew Baseball was such
a beautiful game, Ha Ha. you’ll see, watch, I dare you, again I’m going to stress the subtitles is (or) not hard to read,
it stays long enough, so that’s’ not a problem, now I know wear Amazon get there product description from,it’s the people that
don’t buy the movies from there web-site, (you better solve that) it’s bloody deceiving,you have 1.85:1 it’s 2.35:1.
I think I know what the problem is, these people like to get a pat on the back, this is why it always say, Verified Purchased beside my review,
love me or hate me, (Don’t Care) ask yourself one thing, am I right,
2.35:1 Widescreen.
Japanese 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 112 Minutes.
Special Features 62 minutes. Making of outrage “Further” Beyond.
I Just Love This Movie. It Was A Pleasure Watching It.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20