ARRAY(0xaff56c48)

Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Dallas Buyers Club (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
Dallas Buyers Club (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Matthew McConaughey
Price: CDN$ 19.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story Of Human Triumph...., March 30 2014
“No wonder Matthew McConaughey won best actor,for his role as an HIV. suffer, “Ron Woodroof”(M.McConaughey)who was told
he had thirty days to live,and ended up living Seven years,to see his transformation is nothing more than astounding,
this guy (Woodroof) was one free-Wheeling Texas cowboy,and sexually induce maniac,having sex with multiple women
at a time, (not that there is anything wrong with that) trying to fight the FDA after his diagnosis with Aids,took matters
into his own hands,going all around the world,and I mean all around,Mexico,England,Israel, Japan,places I can’t even remember,
and my hats off to “Jared Leto”as well for his best supporting Oscar,back in the eighty's this disease was killing a lot of people,
and no one knew how to stop it,but just to see how this guy try to fight for his life was heart broken,
Director “Jean-Marc VallÉE”, edited this movie perfectly,it just scares me when subjects like this comes along and people really
don’t want to know about it,I see it on the news when people say what a sad story,but really, I don’t want to get involved,
like I see here with only seven reviews (mine make eight) but then you’ll have 1,023. for “Firefly” and the “Matrix”,which has 2,742,
I guess it’s easy to die and be forgotten,than looking for a super hero,That Never Ever Ever Come.maybe,it is a real bird in the Air.
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
it’s also in Français DTS 5.1
2.40: Widescreen.
Runtime 117 Minutes.
Great Story Of Human Triumph....

Dances with Wolves (20th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
Dances with Wolves (20th Anniversary Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Kevin Costner
Price: CDN$ 8.00
26 used & new from CDN$ 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Movie...., March 29 2014
“So. coming in at 3 Hours and 53 Minutes”this 20th Anniversary edition of “Dances with Wolves”
starring Kevin Costner” is the best in picture quality that I’ve seen,for a movie that was made back
in 1990. when VHS was available,then D.V.D. now with blu-ray you can’t go wrong,the 7.1 DTS-HD Master.
didn’t lived up to it’s sound quality for me.I’ve heard way better than this,but it’s still better than the true HD.
quality.I can tell by some of the reviewer response for the length of the movie that it’s long and boring,
this length is so essential to the outcome,especially when you read the last notes at the end of the movie,
here you have the war of the 18th hundred going on,and it seems that everyone is in chaos. even the commanding
officer.who gives him his assignment.eventually shooting himself.what was the most beautiful thing,is the understanding
of each other,that Kevin Costner capture so well,my hats off to him for that,you have to remember this man Lt. Dunbar.

was sent to an outpost that was Desolate,was waiting for his release from another battalion company.that never came
in time,so he was forced to fend for himself,for months on end,even for the love of two socks,that he shared his home
with,just to see the love the man had for the wolf,and the Wolf show in return,is nothing more than heartbroken in the end.
I Absolutely love this movie.and there is So much Extras on the movie disc.and the disc two.so you don’t have to get
up and change discs the movie is on one disc,so even if you can’t watch the whole movie at once,it has a resume option when you
turn your unit back on,
Love This Movie....

Tangled [Blu-ray + DVD]
Tangled [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Mandy Moore
Price: CDN$ 24.00
28 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Never A Dull Moment”, March 27 2014
This review is from: Tangled [Blu-ray + DVD] (Blu-ray)
I just love this movie. it was so funny,I think I love the horse better than the guy,it was
funny watching the different faces he made, what a happy movie.just love it.
Never A Dull Moment”

Ain't Them Bodies Saints [Bluray] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Ain't Them Bodies Saints [Bluray] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Rooney Mara, Ben Foster Casey Affleck
Price: CDN$ 24.98
5 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is All About Heart And Love.For Each Other., March 27 2014
“I’ve been waiting for a long time” for a movie like this to come along,and here it is,on no small terms
do this movie try to give you. it’s not about love and dedication,and murder, “Ain’t Them Bodies Saints”
is about Bob Muldoon (Casey Affleck) and Ruth Guthrie (Rooney Mara) two young outlaws on the
run, was captured at an abandon house after Ruth shot one of the sheriff deputy, but Bob took the
blame and went to prison, the way it took its time to show you how Ruth had to grapple with the though
of raising her Daughter without her father,because when Bob was sent to prison she was pregnant,and bob
would write her almost ever week, I just don’t want to give you any more,you have to see this,
what a great movie,I’ve never seen “The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo”but I’ve seen “Side Effects” now
this one with Rooney Mara,and I’m starting to like her Acting skills,
there is no special features on this disc.
Runtime 96 Minutes.
1.85:1. 5.1. True HD.
This Is All About Heart And Love.For Each Other.

Moneyball (BD+DVD Combo Pack) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Moneyball (BD+DVD Combo Pack) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Brad Pitt
Price: CDN$ 6.97
14 used & new from CDN$ 2.38

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Movie..., March 26 2014
“Not winning the last game makes no difference if you’ve won twenty”that was one good
line from this movie,I can’t believe I enjoy this movie this much,to see how the baseball world
works,I guess some people see these guys (the players)and think all the antics they do on and
off the field, just comes from them being brats maybe sometimes,but after seeing this I have a
totally different perspective on the way the baseball world works,it’s not easy getting fired from your
job every month or year,even if you make 30 Million,I’ve hold from watching this for a long time and
now that I’ve seen it,some parts of the movie was very emotional for me,it’s really well played out to
the point of giving the viewer the cut-throat world of baseball, “Money-Ball” work on so many levels,
especially “Jonah Hill” which I love in this movie,he played the young just out of Yale-educated economist
so good,I almost didn’t see Jonah Hill as the actor that he is,it was that good, I mean “Brad Pitt” is Brad Pitt
he’s done way more movies than J.Hill,sometimes I caught Brad looking at the camera to read his lines,
Very Good Movie...

Higher Ground [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
Higher Ground [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Vera Farmiga
Price: CDN$ 21.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 18.99

5.0 out of 5 stars “Great Movie”, March 24 2014
“I totally agree with every word you say about this movie” Sara.you had everything right,
and I love “Vera Farmiga”I think I have every one of her movies,just love her and this movie,
for the first directing,what a job she did,I was watching some of the special features,and she was
saying, the reasoning for her to do this movie,stem from her father and her own beliefs in finding
her higher Ground,plus this movie was a long time in the making,and her sister played her when she
was young in the movie,her husband and a hole lot of her cousins were in this as well..
I hope a lot of people will be able to get past all of the singing of church songs,and the praying to
the lord,which was very necessary for the movie.
“Great Movie”

In The House / Dans La Maison [Blu-ray] (Version française)
In The House / Dans La Maison [Blu-ray] (Version française)
DVD ~ Fabrice Luchini
Price: CDN$ 25.49
6 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie. Funny As Well.., March 24 2014
“This is such a sweet and beautiful movie”that I can’t give anything away on it’s premise,
I see one reviewer already did that,it is such a shamed to do to this movie,it’s nice to experience
this movie on your own,without any help from others,sometimes not knowing is good,
I don’t know how or when, or how you could see it,but check it out,even though it’s in French
with English subtitles,trust me it’s not hard to read, Thanks’
“In The House”is a very good movie,
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 105 Minutes.
1.85:1
Great Movie. Funny As Well..

Solomon Kane (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
Solomon Kane (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ James Purefoy
Price: CDN$ 24.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Bone-Crunching Is Not The Word For This.., March 23 2014
“I guess when you make a deal with the devil it can’t be Fun”as one reviewer state here,
I did not know that killing and mayhem was that funny, in 16th century England,”Solomon Kane”
who was banished by his father for not following the rules of his castle,became this brutally efficient
killing machine,who’s pistols,and cutlass with a rapier,unleash his bloodlust with a band of his men
across England,fighting war after war,the movie opens with Kane and his band of pillagers carving a
bloody path through an exotic city in north Africa,when they decide to attack this mysterious nearby castle
to plunder it’s riches,his men was picked off one by one leaving Kane to face the Devil’s own reaper,
though his soul was so corrupt,Kane at last manages to survive,and have to renounce his violence and,
devoting himself wholly to a life of peace and purity,that was hard to do in 16th century England,now he
has to face his demons all over again when his life is put to the test,at the hands of the very sort he used
to ride with,but now they have the Devil on there side,I will say I wasn’t around in the 16th Century to
know if the costume was right,but it was good according to my eyes,and the makeup too.
Bone-Crunching Is Not The Word For This..
2.35 LB. Widescreen.
Runtime 104 Minutes.
5.1 English DTS-HD Master Audio. on your Surround could deafen you so be careful.it is wow.

Great Expectations (U.K. Edition) (Masterpiece) [Blu-ray]
Great Expectations (U.K. Edition) (Masterpiece) [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 26.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 20.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Masterpiece From PBS., March 21 2014
“Great Expectations” by Charles Dickens,is a macabre tale,of a woman who was jilted by her
lover,on her wedding day he took of with some of her money,was never to be seen again,
Pip” the young orphan boy wants to be like is brother-in-law as a blacksmith’s Forge.until fate
intervenes,twice actually,first by an escape convict (Ray Winstone)who ambushes pip in the marshes
and threatens him into helping him cut his shackles off, and soon after a wealthy reclusive,summoned
him to her macabre Satis House, Miss Havisham, played by the gorgeous and beautiful (Gillian Anderson)
this woman was so devastated by her lover, everything in the Satis House was exactly the same as when she
was planning her wedding,the cake,the way the table was set,all the flowers and the curtain with all it’s lace
and trim,even her wedding dress,that she would not abandon,she wore this dress all through the movie,wouldn’t
even comb her hair,and you can see all through the movie it’s getting blacker and blacker,the walls of the home
is starting to get molded,there is webs all over the place, Pip was supposed to be a playmate for her adopted daughter
Estella,pip falls in love with Estella,but miss Havisham will have none of it,she doesn’t want her to suffer the same
fate as she did, there is so much more to this story than meets the eye,I can’t give anymore away,I Love this Story,
Running at 2 Hours and 56 Minutes.you wouldn’t even know it,I was so caught up in the story,I almost didn’t had
time to take a breath. I see one person is referring this to “Gone With The Wind”are you crazy, not even close,
Another Masterpiece From PBS.

Enemies Closer [Bluray + DVD] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Enemies Closer [Bluray + DVD] [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jean-Claude Van Damme
Price: CDN$ 25.15
9 used & new from CDN$ 15.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Action Galore and More Action..., March 17 2014
“I love this movie” Van Damme look like he was really crazy for the part,he played it to a tee,
it has a good story to it,when you see the opening I’m sure you’ll figure out the premise of the
movie,there is two stories to this,and one neat surprised as well,”Enemies Closer”is what it is.
what I like about it is,one story has nothing to do with the other,the two just happen to meet at a bad time,
it’s Action filled to the brim,I will not bother myself or even bring myself to a new low,as to
what Van Damme, has done in the past,who gives a rats-ass, isn't it good to have friends,
I am sure when someone cut you off on the high-way,or anywhere,the first thing you say,oh thank you.
would you like to be my friend let’s go have a drink.
2.35:1 Widescreen.
Runtime 85 min.
5.1 Dolby Surround.
Action Galore and More Action...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20