Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
3 Days to Kill [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
3 Days to Kill [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Kevin Costner
Price: CDN$ 23.99
10 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

4.0 out of 5 stars “Three Days to Kill” is Not Bad Movie..., Aug. 10 2014
“Before you go out tonight, check your itinerary” because you don’t want to run into
something you don’t want to do, like killing people, never know it might happen,
sick or dying F.B.I. Agent just happen to be the guy for the job,
this have a lot of action, and some tender moments with father and daughter,
“Three Days to Kill” is Not Bad Movie...

The Family/La Famille [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Family/La Famille [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Robert De Niro
Price: CDN$ 9.96
13 used & new from CDN$ 6.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it., Aug. 10 2014
“The Family” is to “Robert De Niro” what De Niro is to his family, you don’t disrespect me
in anyway shape or form, or it’s hell going to break loose, this is the type of movie that De Niro”
excel at, you can almost see the glee in his eyes, when his part of mayhem comes along,
there is no twist and turns to this movie, just strait up Gangster, never seen a Gangster movie with a twist,
after spending weeks looking for the man who snitch on the mob, but before the big climax,
the in-between settling of their new life is the most hilarious, they resort to the old ways of settling
scores, the old fashion way, only silly part to this, never seen and old guy run so fast after a young girl,
now if they'd put “David Belle” from D 13 Ultimatum” fame, that might-have been too easy,
this new kid “John D’Leo played this movie to a tee, he was so good, Dianna Argon” who I love,
her character seems force, at times, but I like it,
Runtime 111 Min.
English & Français 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Widescreen 2.40 LB.,
Making of the Family Featurette.
the Many Meanings of Fu*%! featurette. that was so funny. yea funny.
Love it.

NEW Queen - Queen (Blu-ray)
NEW Queen - Queen (Blu-ray)
Offered by nagiry
Price: CDN$ 7.74
12 used & new from CDN$ 7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Love It. Love It..., Aug. 9 2014
“I really don’t need to get into details or the primes of the movie” who doesn’t know, isn’t born yet,
when you’re born into that era, it’s hard to break that tradition of respect for privacy of family,
I was always one to not care about the Royal Family” but after this viewing of the “Queen’
some things changed my mind that was said, in the movie, I think the only one I don’t like now,
is “Prince Philip” I know for a fact the man is a foul mouth cheating prick, trust me I know,
there was some very emotional and very sad scene to this movie, some I will not divulge,
I absolutely love this movie now, after waiting so long to view it, last night I did 8/9/2014.
“Helen Mirren” I absolutely Adore and love, the woman can bloody well take on any role,
and turn it into something spectacular,
this is what I do , I write from the heart, I don’t write because someone say that’s the way you should,
they can kiss my sunshine, or more,
HD picture is great, but HD Sound is way too low. it’s terrible.
1080p High Definition 1.85:1
English 5.1 Uncompressed (48 KHz 16-Bit)
English 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Runtime 103 Min.
Absolutely Love It. Love It...

Wanted [Blu-ray]
Wanted [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 8.00
10 used & new from CDN$ 4.50

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love The Movie. The BD-Live is Awesome., Aug. 8 2014
This review is from: Wanted [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
What’s not to love about this movie” the action is great, the movie tells you not
to take it seriously, if you do, your brain will not comprehend why you couldn’t
like it, so the next time you see all the bad news on T.V. pop this in player,
and if your brain can’t do the rest, can’t help Ya.
now I’m going to go watch “the Avengers” and see a man turn into a green Monster,
another guy wear a iron suite, with a Battery life of a life-time, (no wonder my flash-light don’t work)
and yet another, who wears red white and blue,with a shield no doubt, that he never seems to use,
to protect him from the sun, traveling that close you could get burn, I could go on, but no.
Runtime 110 Min.
English DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio.
2.35:1 Widescreen.
I Love The Movie. The BD-Live is Awesome.

Letters from Iwo Jima [Blu-ray]
Letters from Iwo Jima [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Ken Watanabe
Price: CDN$ 19.20
29 used & new from CDN$ 6.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie Of Pride..., Aug. 8 2014
This is a great war movie” from Director “Clint Eastwood” after watching the special features,
he really got a lot out these actors, “Letters from Iwo Jima” show you how cruel war is,
the Japanese show you what pride and Honor mean to them, they would take there own lives for their pride,
what’s really sad is, reading some of the reviews, that state, from the enemy’s perspective, who is the enemy,
isn’t both sides not the enemy, don’t know how you could be the enemy when you're defending your homeland
against invading American forces during World War 11. the way I see it, it was the untold story of what happen,
I tell you the way we live our lives, is definitely not the way we see the world,
like when people say, you’re the scum of the earth, the same earth we get food, the same earth we buried our dead,
not to mention were we walk, but hey who cares, “eh”
Widescreen 2.4:1
Japanese 5.1 Dolby True HD. Subtitles. English Français. Español.
Runtime 140 Min.
Great Movie Of Pride...

Hysteria (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) / La petite histoire du plaisir (Blu-ray/Combo)  (Bilingual)
Hysteria (Blu-Ray/DVD Combo) / La petite histoire du plaisir (Blu-ray/Combo) (Bilingual)
Offered by Moviezone
Price: CDN$ 16.35
11 used & new from CDN$ 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars It Is The Best Medicine. Laughter., Aug. 8 2014
“If you want to laugh into hysteric” this you have to see, know as hot-flashes now to woman,
the English back in 19th century, know it as Hysteria, if a woman act-out of order, she could be
subject to a loony-bin, (lunatic asylum) and up comes the invention of “Da Da” (the pleasure Rod)
Dildo to some folks, this is a true story, but my god, I’ve never laugh so much at scenes in a movie before,
not even some of the comedy shows on T.V. “Be warn this could Arouse you”??
2.35 LB. Widescreen.
Runtime 100 Min.
It Is The Best Medicine. Laughter.

Day of the Falcon [Blu-ray] [Import]
Day of the Falcon [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 19.72
15 used & new from CDN$ 8.09

5.0 out of 5 stars Not That Bad Of A Movie. Entertaining Though., Aug. 7 2014
“I took a chance and got this movie without reading any reviews” I was totally vindicated with it’s presence,
“Day of the Falcon” is about two warlords, who decided to end their years of bloody conflict,
“Antonio Banderas” and Mark Strong” are at the helm of the conflict,
this conflict between the two, who ever wins get’s to keep the looser children how many there are,
but the conflict don’t last long after oil was found between their territories, by some Texas oil man,
director “Jean-Jacques Annaud” (Enemy at the Gates) show some impressive battle scene between the two,
“Freida Pinto” did play a small part in the movie, didn’t see too much of her, what I saw I liked though,
“Tahar Rahim” (the Eagle & the Past) was the driving force of the movie,
Widescreen 2.35:1. Subtitles English SDH. Spanish.
Runtime 130 Min.
Not That Bad Of A Movie. Entertaining Though.

The Fall [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
The Fall [Blu-ray] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Lee Pace
Price: CDN$ 21.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 18.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Movie., Aug. 7 2014
“What a stunning picture of beauty this is, filmed over a four year period in eighteen different countries,
Director “Tarsem’s, the Fall” is an unforgettable movie experience,
1920 Los Angeles, Follow a little girl Alexandria (Catinca Untaru) a five year old girl Hospitalized from a fall,
who was told this fascinating story about this bad Governor Odious, the story has a significant meaning to the
story teller, that I wont divulged in my review, this kid was so outstanding in her role, I was captivated by her performance,
presented by David Fincher” and Spike Jonze” this is one spectacle to behold, Stunning movie,
5.1 Dolby True HD.

Offered by CG Movies
Price: CDN$ 39.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 20.80

5.0 out of 5 stars I Don’t Know What To Give.., Aug. 5 2014
This review is from: Zulu [Blu-ray] [Import] (Blu-ray)
Look” what ever the Historical fact is, I don’t care, did i say I don’t care, oh yea I did, what I will
say, I really would like to live in peace for a change, could you imagine if that happen, people would
be so overjoyed, you think they could kill each other,?? the last scene of this movie, had me going what,
where did all the horses came from, and if the “Zulu's were so dominant as to massacre the first garrisons',
of seventy men, I don’t think they would have a problem with one hundred or more, against four thousand,
does the word “Custer mean anything to anyone, and my other problem is, where in the hell did they put all
those dead bodies, maybe if they'd stack them up like in 300. plus the fake death was an insult to the actual
fact of the history, I don’t think I’ve seen anything so lame in my life, this movie should not have been made at that time,
and they want to build a bridge across a pond?? and guess what, there’re using a floating raft type to get across,
and so, who knows were in the hell (again) all the wood came from, they must’ve cut all the trees down, didn’t see any,
maybe the Zulu’s had a truce, as to let them truck (sorry Donkey them in) you know that’s going to take a while,
I wonder how far the airport was from there,
and for the love of me, what in the hell were they defending, like one soldier said, this land was dry, just dirt,
look I understand what was being done here, but to not have the resources and a budget to put to good uses, it failed miserable,
2.35:1 Widescreen.
Runtime 138 Min.
I Don’t Know What To Give..

Machine [Blu-ray] [Import]
Machine [Blu-ray] [Import]
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 12.93
19 used & new from CDN$ 12.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice. Very Nice Movie. Not for kids. very dark indeed., Aug. 4 2014
“What a nice movie to come out of England, again, Britain’s Defense Minister wants a game-changing weapon,
lead scientist (Vincent) “Toby Stephens” has developed a super-solder (dubbed) the Machine”
but the “Machine” has a mind of it’s own, that doesn't sit well with the Minister, you can guess what???
I would say though, some parts are bloody and Brutal, “Caity Lotz” that played the Machine, was so good,
you would actually think she was a Machine, very very good Acting from her,
Runtime 91 Min.
2.40:1 Widescreen.
Nice. Very Nice Movie. Not for kids. very dark indeed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20