Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Boy Next Door [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
The Boy Next Door [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
Price: CDN$ 26.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh Boy The Thrill Of It All”, Feb. 8 2015
“I Tend to not get too overly excited going to see movies like these, I don’t have an image to upkeep,
like some, that have to see every movie that comes along, don’t think I’ll see this even with my Cat,
the first thing she’ll say is, do you really know what Cats do, yes I do, so why would you put me through
something that I already know would be a Big Fat Dud, my oh my, the intelligence of a Cat,
the only thing that’s good about this, is the trailer, (Maybe) I rather watch “Stalker” that’s on T.V.
“Maggie Q” is better to look at, if you really really want to be disappointed go ahead make your day,
there must be some bullets left for this Dud, they say you shouldn’t write a review if you didn’t see it,
I’m just going out side the Box, I guess I’m not a Sucker for punishment, thanks’ for reading,
Oh Boy The Thrill Of It All”

Snowtown [Blu-ray] [Import]
Snowtown [Blu-ray] [Import]
Offered by Only Rarities
Price: CDN$ 73.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I’m done..........., Feb. 7 2015
Well Mr. FilmFan” you have said everything that I would’ve like to say about this movie,
but after watching it, I was stunned to the core, of it’s depiction of brutality, there is some very
graphic sexual scenes of young man on young kid, that was so very hard to watch, this guy John Bunting
is one Sick bastard I hope he find no peace, don’t think he’s capable of that,
IF YOU’RE AN ANIMAL LOVER I WARN YOU THIS YOU SHOULD NOT WATCH, THE KILLING OF THE ANIMALS
WILL TURN YOUR STOMACH, IF THEY WERE REAL, BUT ALL THE SAME YOU KNOW WHAT’S HAPPING,
if there is no lesson learn from this, my god we’re in for more of the same, the most sicking of all this,
is no one really gives a S*** why these people went missing,
I’m done...........

The Judge / Le Juge (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Jr. Robert Downey
Price: CDN$ 24.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Cliché Outcast This Is..., Feb. 1 2015
The Judge” is like waking up to a bad cliché hangover that you take nothing for, you just
sit there all day being bored to death, saying what did I just watched, oh my money,
where did you say it went, down the drain, everywhere you look you don’t see anything special,
and when the Devil comes, he brings with it the most outrageous lifestyles of all, “Self Deprivation”
it is so Nice being who you are, not with this movie though,
Cliché Outcast This Is...

Secretary [Blu-ray] [Import]
Secretary [Blu-ray] [Import]
DVD ~ James Spader
Price: CDN$ 12.45
21 used & new from CDN$ 7.42

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Fascinating Character Studies Of Will Power., Jan. 26 2015
“Lee Holloway “Maggie Gyllenhaal” just out of a Mental institution has a few strikes against her, we never
knew what they really were or was about, her family is protective of her, more so her mother,
she lands a job of a Secretary, obviously the name of the movie is? with E. Edward Grey “James Spader”
who I can gather from has a very compulsive disorder of neatness an punctuality, an very Shy, but his
sexuality, how should I put this, is more of a unusual classic melodramatic, like let me look you over first,
than the normal person would have, I hope that make any sense, probable not to some people,
the one thing that people don’t get is the whole world there’re living in with others, if there were no family’s
to come home to, I bet it’ll be a different kind of circumstances we would encounter, that we would never know,
people have very unique ways how the mind works, and if you don’t see it that way, you’ll never learn the mind,
the spanking scene I was very uncomfortable with, I don’t know if it was from her getting hurt or wanting to be
submissive, to some higher power, it looks like both of them were two lost souls living in a fish bowl, heard that before,
this is a role that many a woman would pass up in a heart beat, except maybe “Sharon Stone” maybe she has limits too,
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 111 Min.
16x9 Widescreen 1.78:1
Two Fascinating Character Studies Of Will Power.

Maleficent [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
Maleficent [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Angelina Jolie
Price: CDN$ 20.00
23 used & new from CDN$ 15.39

5.0 out of 5 stars “Maleficent Is Purely Magnificent”, Jan. 26 2015
“Maleficent is a Magnificent thing of beauty, Angelina Jolie really took the time to enhance this character,
playing the bad witch who put the irrevocable curse on the King’s only daughter Princess Aurora in this classic
Tale of Sleeping Beauty, it’s no small feet, it’s done by so many already, this one gives you all the visual to go
with an already know fairy-tale, the King who’s played by “Sharlto Copley” I don’t know if the character fit him,
but man did he really act it out to the fullest with that menacing look of his, like he did in “Elysium”even though,
he never had much to say, or was seen enough, but when he was on screen you know it, but it’s Miss Jolie
who took this movie to a whole new level with her presence, with her one time very bad self then the very good,
this woman is so dam Beautiful, I could watch all day, she almost look much Healthier, in her face after that
operation an good on her, love this movie, it’s not all the time Disney screw up, (John Cater “Doh”) but this is good,
I could’ve watch this for over two hours an didn’t care what else they did,
Runtime 97 Min.
Widescreen 2.35:1.
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
“Maleficent Is Purely Magnificent”

Point Blank [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Point Blank [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Price: CDN$ 19.37
15 used & new from CDN$ 13.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Entertaining Movie., Jan. 26 2015
“Oh my good lord, it’s been said stupid does what stupid say, that was my saying, Can I Tell
You, this Has Nothing To Do With Any, Okay Any Die Hard Movie, you should stop watching movies,
(It’ll help others)I can’t understand people saying that to a movie like this, for one thing, there was no
Dam pregnancy in any, “Again” Die Hard that I’ve seen, when people make up stories they must feel very
prouder than not with themselves, but with the fact they’ve told a completely different story than
the original, “Point Blank” is not a crime thriller by any stretch of the imagination, it’s about a Very
Desperate man on his own quest to save his pregnant wife from some very bad people, that happen to
enter his normal everyday life of peace, with bad police in pursuit of a Art thief, who happen to see the
killing of a prominent figure, this is a very fast paced movie at only one Hour an twenty four min,
it remind me of Red Eye” with Cillian Murphy” an Rachel McAdams” closer to the end you're on edge
hoping if he’ll make it before the movie ends, great thriller,
French With English Dub 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 84 Min.
Widescreen 2.35:1
Very Very Entertaining Movie.

Treasure Island [Blu-ray]
Treasure Island [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Eddie Izzard
Offered by Entertainment Outpost
Price: CDN$ 16.94
26 used & new from CDN$ 1.60

4.0 out of 5 stars Well That’s Not Enough To Make You Sleep... Ah Stop It., Jan. 25 2015
“I have this feeling they were going for more on the kid side of things with this, you know sometimes,
when you’ve seen enough violence in movies, an it’s time to relax an watch something where you need
no brain function to move, I can say though the acting was not at it’s worst, this kid Toby Regbo” was
the most outstanding for my money, Eddie Izzard” was just Eddie, if you know what I mean, the captain
Philip Glensiter” was also great, for what he had to work with, yes adventure on the high seas based on
the Robert Louis Stevenson classic epic, very authentic re-imagining of the most beloved pirate tale,
“Treasure Island is no “Pirates of the Caribbean” not even close, the one thing I can give this, the Sound track,
voices was clear an crisp, there is one death scene in the movie that the kids should Not See, rest was funny,
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime part one 90 Min. part two 93 Min. 183 Min Total
1.85:1 16x9
Well That’s Not Enough To Make You Sleep... Ah Stop It.

Taken 3 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Taken 3 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Liam Neeson
Price: CDN$ 32.89

1.0 out of 5 stars How Much Can Happen To One Family, Enough Is Enough,, Jan. 25 2015
“Oh my good lord this one Stinks, the action in this movie was Actually done by someone who knew
nothing about action, the Nissan commercials has way more than this,
I think a ten year old could’ve done better, I don’t think you people know crap about movies,
or you don’t know your ass from your elbow, amazon you should have a Zero Colum for movies
like this, I guess after finishing A Walk Among the Tombstone , an None Stop, an the Third Person,
Liam Neeson” was Very tired between sets, he Walked he was Third an he couldn’t Stop so he got
Taken for a ride, my dear if I didn’t know better, I’d be dam fool, knowing that Liam Neeson knows me
makes me So Happy,
Stay Away From Taken,

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Blu-Ray + DVD) (Bilingual)
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Blu-Ray + DVD) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Gary Oldman
Price: CDN$ 19.83
21 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I’ll Still Give Four Stars., Jan. 22 2015
The way this movie was edited an cut was All over the dam place, Tom Hardy” had more
to say than Colin Firth” Benedict Cumberbatch” was just walking around with not much to
say as well, how could you not use these people to there fullest potential, first off the movie
was too short, you need way more time for a movie like, the one with Alec Guinness” is 324 Min.
but I know that can’t be done for a theater movie, another half-hour of some intrigue would be nice
the only one that shine here is Gary Oldman” an Mark Strong” was good as well, I’ve seen some
better ones done by the British, that has way more drama an intrigue than this, even if he had added
some of his own pieces to it I wouldn’t of cared to much, just a touch of his own spy world would be good,
it is not all that bad, you know like the umbrella with the blade attach, in the back street of the night
where all businesses go unnoticed,
Runtime 128 Min.
Widescreen 2.35:1 1080p High Definition,
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
I’ll Still Give Four Stars.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Ian McKellen
Price: CDN$ 24.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoilers Alert..., Jan. 21 2015
This review contains Spoilers an it’s Not As accurate as the Book, oh dear I haven’t seen the
movie yet, let me get back to you on that one, the book the movie the book the movie the book
the movie, I can’t seem to decide which one to talk about, I have two Minds it must be the Host”
that’s “Taken” over my Brain, or is it Liam Neeson” I’ve seen the first two, so lets see,
there are lots of Hobbits and Orc’s, Book an Movie Ends, thank god for that,