Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Thor: The Dark World [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Thor: The Dark World [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Chris Hemsworth
Price: CDN$ 21.99
30 used & new from CDN$ 19.93

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Could Only Fly. An Be Who I Want To Be.., Dec 19 2014
“How many more worlds can we get out-of super-hero's movies” like Lord Of The Rings” we
get Middle Earth, which in my mind could be class as a superhero, with Gandalf walking stick,
Batman we get Gotham City” Superman give us the Daily Planet of Krypton” almost always,
everybody comes out of Space, Spider-man just stay true to who we are, if you ever think that way,
I got this feeling it’s happing right here on our own land we call earth, “Transformers” don’t Transform
us, it only makes us complain that it’s not transform to our liking, “Ironman was build with good old
man power, to kill the enemy we call War, but stop short of doing that, because of some evil doer,
So now with “Thor he found love on good old earth, but still found time to battle his own Father and
Brother, and hence the powerful evil leader called Malekeith” my good lord I could go on an on an on,
so now with “Guardians of the Galaxy” we get their world within there world, but started out with ours,
this is just a note to see who has decided to figure this out, I absolutely love Both of them”, now X-Men?
Is there an underworld World you know, the Ocean” can’t remember if there is or not,
Runtime 112 Min.
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
1080p High Definition 2.40:1 Widescreen.
If I Could Only Fly. An Be Who I Want To Be..

Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Guardians of the Galaxy [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Chris Pratt
Price: CDN$ 24.96
9 used & new from CDN$ 19.49

5.0 out of 5 stars If I Could Only Fly. An Be Who I Want To Be.., Dec 19 2014
Is there an underworld World you know the Ocean” can’t remember if there is or not,
Runtime 121 Min.
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
1080p High Definition 2.40:1 Widescreen.

300: Rise of an Empire (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
300: Rise of an Empire (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Sullivan Stapleton
Price: CDN$ 14.47
10 used & new from CDN$ 12.49

5.0 out of 5 stars “Limb For Limb. you Be The Judge., Dec 19 2014
“Ah the cutting of limbs with a little bit of sexual intervention in the golden age and years of
the Greek general, “Themistokles” who is pitted against invading Persian Forces that’s ruled by
the god king Xerxes” and led by the very, very vengeful Artemisia, who’s stunning performance is
played by “Eva Green” this woman has some stunning eyes that will pierce right through you,
what a display of “Acting from her, who stole the show in my mind, actually, I actually though this
would’ve been more on a softer side then went to mayhem, I hate saying this, the last one was all
mayhem, so they give us more, some how I think they were more advance in sharping their weapons
than we were, I don’t know how hard it is to cut someone limbs, or want to know, but they did it, not
once not twice, but multiple times, the only guy that comes close to a sharp knife is “Ron Popeil” but
he use his for legal uses, Eva Green” gets Three for her performance alone”
Runtime 103 Min. Of Uselessness.
1080p High definition. 2.4:1 Widescreen.
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. What a Killer Sound.
“Limb For Limb. you Be The Judge.

Tracks [Blu-ray]
Tracks [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Mia Wasikowska
Price: CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars “What A Stunning Beautiful Movie. Also Touching”, Dec 18 2014
This review is from: Tracks [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
“There was almost a selfishness to Robyn Davidson” at that young of age, who didn’t want to be
around people because of her mothers death, who actually hang herself, but absolutely not in a
bad way, because on her journey of who knows why she did it, the fact to let her dog run wild, only to end
up on the wrong side, was selfish to me, what more can you expect from a harsh spectacular yet unforgiving
Australian desert, I mean, I’m not being the bad guy here she said it herself, in one of her interviews,
I’m so in love with this movie I’ve seen it four time now, and I will see it many more times again that’s for sure,
almost 2000 miles of nothing but sand and dead animals, with a few pit stops in-between of human contact,
who also had a reporter monitoring some of her moves along the way, to have no money to take on a journey
like this, she had to beg some of the locals for three camels, which some were very Leary of helping, which you
had to train, to follow you, I guess you don’t just grab them an go, I know absolutely nothing about camels, this
two and half years she took to train them by living of the land, must’ve been hard enough for her,
“Tracks is a beautiful movie to watch, the performance by “Mia Wasikowska’ is nothing more than outstanding,
who bye the way was the only choice to do the part, bye Robyn Davidson” the woman wanted no one else but her,
when watching this movie you have be calm, if at anytime you start to pick away at it you will loose the glory of
oneself, “And please watch” till the end credits are gone, there is an Haunting musical score through the end,
I hope you would have a Surround system to listen to it, it’s dam amazing, the movie brought me to tears, happy tears,
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, There is an Audio Description as well,
1080p Widescreen 2.40.
Runtime 108 Min.
“What A Stunning Beautiful Movie. Also Touching”

RoboCop [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
RoboCop [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Joel Kinnaman
Price: CDN$ 9.47
2 used & new from CDN$ 9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Movie. Love It., Dec 11 2014
“Now tell me, why in the hell would I want to see the same version that was back in the eighties,
if I do, I’d go get the original, the harping of people just makes me want to puke, it’s like driving in
the Snow, they think if they drive fast they’ll get out of it quicker, they don’t care who gets hurt, or like people
who walk their dogs, that crap on your lawn, just because they have a dog you would think there're dog
lovers, oh no you’re ignorant, pick it up, so when you see one version of people the other follow suit,
like this movie, just because the older version is in peoples mind, this one make no sense, I Absolutely love this
movie, Gary Oldman”was the most outstanding for me, as his Doctor, a man who’s trying very hard to protect
his client and product of invention, the year is 2028, you have a greedy Conglomerate that runs OmniCorp who
uses robotic technology to transform critically injured police officer Alex Murphy, (Joel Kinnaman) into the ultimate
crime fighter, I like the way this movie stay much more on the primes of, why this should not be done, the implication
an the consequences of the outcome, if it could be harmful to the public, even though the job of Robocop” seem to
work in some peoples mind, but how would it work for the man himself, who has no legs no arms, just barely a brain,
but a full memory of his ordeal, an the way it was shown how he gets his energy/vitamin source, his carbs,
the only thing wasn’t shown where the waste go, (that’s a joke) maybe,
Widescreen 2.40:1 1080p 50GB Dual Layer.
Runtime 117 Min.
Very Good Movie. Love It.

Now You See Me / Insaisissable [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Now You See Me / Insaisissable [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Jesse Eisenberg
Price: CDN$ 14.96
14 used & new from CDN$ 9.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Entertainment For The Mind..., Dec 10 2014
“What a five star movie this is” if you can’t give that, you don’t know movies period, fun an more fun,
that’s what this is, there is nothing else to learned from a movie that gives you more entertainment
than you can shake your wand at, (get it) this one is more fast pace than say The Prestige” with
Christian Bale” and Michael Cain” too, they use a lot of trickery an mind bending stunt to make you
go oh yea that was good, like the high-way chase, that was soooo good, “Now You See Me” will be,
great for your mind, and Fun”
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Widescreen 2.40 LB. 1080p
French 5.1 Dolby Digital.
Run Time Blu-Ray 115. Min. (Theatrical) 125. Min. (Extended)
D.V.D. 115 Min. only.
Great Entertainment For The Mind...

The Amazing Spider-Man [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
The Amazing Spider-Man [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Andrew Garfield
Price: CDN$ 12.49
16 used & new from CDN$ 6.96

5.0 out of 5 stars I Really Enjoyed This..Movie.., Dec 6 2014
“I guess it’s never too late to write a review for a movie, after seeing the first three previous “Spider-Man”
movies, and how Toby McGuire's perky but more reserved character work so well, now Andrew Garfield” give
us almost the same continuation factor, that I love actually, it’s hard when you stop movies when they have sequels
to come, then you get new actors for the next one, my first impression with Mr. Garfield at the helm was pretty impressive,
I don’t think he wanted to impress us to the point of overdoing it, which is very good on his part, don’t think it’s
hard to overdo the spidery-wet suit caper man of web, all his villainy characters do a fine job of that,
I Really Enjoyed This..Movie..
1080p High Definition 2.40:1 widescreen.
Run Time 136 Min.

Iron Man 2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Iron Man 2 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr
Price: CDN$ 24.96
21 used & new from CDN$ 18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Movie....., Dec 5 2014
“Sometimes I don’t know what is expected of a super-hero movie that people seem to want more,
maybe he can fly around the world in less than eighty days, or he can part the red sea, and find a new
world, that’s never been discovered before, or save the Eifel tower from falling over, I don’t know what’s
supposed to be good about any super-hero movie, oh my god now I know, the super-hero of course,
he can do any dam thing he wants, I know he can kill Godzilla, that should put an end to the Chinese theory
that he exist, how about him finding Big-Foot, my oh my I could go on an on an on an on an on,
“Ironman 4 please Do Not lend your suit to anyone, I beg you please don’t, you wont get it back, I’m telling you,
Love This Movie.....

Sabotage [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
Sabotage [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Arnold Schwarzenegger
Price: CDN$ 17.88
11 used & new from CDN$ 6.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely 100% Percent Love It...., Dec 4 2014
“Sabotage” is one Adrenaline fuelled rush of a movie, hold onto your hats, it’s going to be a bumpy ride,
“Obviously 200% or more, is not enough to agree with you Mr. Stephan Klose, you hit it on the head,
the critics are idiots and I know some reviewers are also idiots, I’ve been saying that a long time now,
this movie is awesome, Take your mind off Arnie for awhile, and look at the performance for once in your
life, like the other movie he did recently “the Last Stand” which I loved, it wasn’t just about him,
because, I don’t think I’ve seen a cast of actors carry out each of their performance so diligently,
the only reason I think why people don’t like this, is because of it’s depiction of violence, which has to work
for the movie, because there’re DEA. agents, and when you’re dealing with the Guatemala Cartel, these people
are savages, as depicted in this movie, everyone has his or her moment in the movie, no one outshine the other,
and it was so different in some aspect too, not like previous action/drama movies, like the one scene with the train,
I absolutely didn’t see that coming, it was picture perfect with that grainy tinge to it, almost like an undercover film,
I can’t elaborate enough on the performances, right down to Olivia Williams” even Sam Worthington” surprised me,
and he hasn’t done that in awhile, and Josh Holloway” had a part in this too, after his cancelled show “Intelligent”
my one gripe would be, it’s not in DTS- HD.
English 5.1 Dolby True HD.
1080p High Definition 1.85:1.
Run Time 109 Min.
Absolutely 100 Percent Love It....

Cold in July [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Cold in July [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Michael C. Hall
Price: CDN$ 18.96
5 used & new from CDN$ 18.96

5.0 out of 5 stars “Nice Thriller” Of A Movie..., Dec 2 2014
“The tension in this low budget movie out-weigh some of the more prominent ones I’ve seen, there's many,
I hope a lot of people get to see this, if only for the performance of “Michael C Hall” never have I seen
Dexter” there is an naturalistic acting ability that I see in him, the way he moves, the way he talks
to his fellow actors, especially in this movie, he doesn't overdo it or thinks he can, or “Want a Pat” on the back,
“Cold in July” is based on a book by Joe R. Lansdale which he claim was a dream he had, that was left for
a long time, and then came to life with some encounter with a friend, even the director “Jim Mickle” (Stakeland)
had a hard time convincing the studio to fund the project, if you get this blu-ray watch the features Q.A. with
Jim Mickle and Joe R. Lansdale and George R.R. Martin, your wife wakes you up in the middle of the night after
hearing a strange sound in the house, you get up to investigate, you go get your gun, hands shaking as you load
the bullets, you tell your wife, stay put as you head out the bedroom, confront the intruder, you raise your weapon
and fires, man lays dead, as always, your wife calls to you, you turn with gun still in hand, they just don’t listen, do they?
an what transpires after that is most intriguing, I have to leave something for you imagination,
otherwise you’ve been told the whole movie by others,
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. isn’t nice to know the information I give you help with your purchased of the movies,
Run Time 109 Min. French Dub. Spanish Sub.
Widescreen 2.40.
“Nice Thriller” Of A Movie...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20