Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Masterpiece: Worricker: Salting the Battlefield [Blu-ray]
Masterpiece: Worricker: Salting the Battlefield [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Winona Ryder
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 23.55
21 used & new from CDN$ 16.25

5.0 out of 5 stars You Have To See All Of This Series. Great Show..., April 28 2015
There are 3 movies to this series, “Page Eight, “Turks & Caicos, part 2 “Salting the Battlefield part 3,
I can’t begin to tell you how much I love watching Bill Nighy play his character of (Johnny Worricker)
when his boss an best friend (Michael Gambon) end up dead Johnny is left on his own to deal with a
contentious Top Secret file that threatens the stability of the entire MI5 organization,
the one thing I Absolutely love about the British espionage game is, No big guns No random killing or
mayhem of body parts to look at, just plain intrigue an cat-mouse, without the death of the mouse?
Again, I could watch Bill Nighy all day in this series, I wish David Hare’s would do more of this,
this is his first contemporary spy thriller an screenplay in two decades, “Christopher Walken what a
nice mix to add to this already delicious piece of great English drama, I just love it,
With all three movies you 300 min. of great entertainment, the picture quality is outstanding plus the
voice is clear with it’s 2.0 Master HD. they never seem to do the 5.1 thing,
You Have To See All Of This Series. Great Show...

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Jennifer Lawrence
Price: CDN$ 9.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Mocking Mockingjay This Is???, April 25 2015
Mockingjay what a dumb stupid ass movie goodness sake, Madam President Julianne Moore, uh? good
grief how in the hell could this be good, some people say it’s action packed, they wouldn't
know action if it wasn’t even there like they do here, the best part of this movie is her playing with
the Cat with the flash-light, all was done through this was talk an more talk, should she be the Mockingjay,
gees I wonder why it was called Mockingjay, maybe there is a reason, I don’t know I’m stuck with that,
Miss Everdeen awakes from her girl on fire inside the bunkered catacombs of District 13, I would’ve
stayed sleeping if I was her, kissing her can’t make it better, being her I don’t want, killing her still wouldn’t
make any sense, what would be good is if they’d put an apple on top her head only to shoot it off,
that would be intriguing an give it some tense moments, you know what they say, where the apple falls,
what an outfit she was wearing all she needed was a rag hanging out of her back pocket an she look like a
Mechanic, nice baggy pants an those work boots look so good, is it Mockingjay or how’s your Car Running,
Mocking Mockingjay This Is???

1911: Revolution (Blu-ray + DVD)
1911: Revolution (Blu-ray + DVD)
DVD ~ Jackie Chan
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 34.37
23 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars “1911 Revolution Is Still Something To See., April 23 2015
“Jackie Chan’s 1911 Revolution” Is such a short tale of history he put together here, which did
not give the movie the essence it deserve, this should be about three hours long, if you don’t have
the Money or the Time why do director’s seem to put people through a history lesson that’s not
fully complete, you don’t have to get everything right but at lease make an effort,
it’s like there’re afraid of others getting mad at them, they'll get mad no matter what we’re all humans
after-all, when you’re been subject to 250 years of rule by the Qing Dynasty it’s time to break free,
“1911 Revolution Is Still Something To See.

Blackhat [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
Blackhat [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
DVD ~ Chris Hemsworth
Price: CDN$ 24.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

1.0 out of 5 stars What A Dreadful An Awfully Inspired Movie,, April 22 2015
“If “Paul Blart” an “Black Hat” was to guard your interest you would end up being Pinocchio,
you have our square-jawed tilter character altogether in a joyless movie with a brainless hero
to match, this movie is so forgettable it’s not worth your time an some give it four stars,
I think Amazon should make it harder for people to click on for stars, like when you do it should
say are you sure, if you hesitate for one second you’re looked out, Thor should stay Thor” watching
Chris Hemsworth staring out into space like he knew what the movie was about was laughable,
There is a hole in the bucket an it can’t seem to be fixed by anyone other than “Michael Mann”
maybe a Thirteen hour episode so we can see every character develop to it’s conclusion,
What A Dreadful An Awfully Inspired Movie,

Interstellar [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
Interstellar [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Matthew McConaughey
Price: CDN$ 25.12
7 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fighting On Mars Or Space. Okay I Get It??, April 18 2015
“I so love this movie even though It's beyond the Realm of reality to us mere morsels of Humans,
“Whether this movie explain itself in the right form or the wrong form of our earth, an the
outer limits of our galaxy or what the hell ever, it sure as hell wouldn't be this easy, you can bet
on that, just ask Thor” he should know, the one thing I can’t get is, he actually didn’t find that NASA
location they invite him in for crying out loud, this is what TARS said to him how did you find us, really,
the last time I went to Florida we got lost, end up on NASA lot an all the time we were turning around
the guy had his hands on his weapon, he TARS didn’t even know who the heck cooper was much less to
let him in, when movies like this are on the cutting floor you think they'd do a better job of that,
hey look they made it not me I just observe an pay attention to what I’m seeing, the science behind this
is like, hey we’ve given up on earth too many BadAss people around we want to go to Space to contaminate
what we have left, we’ll leave all the criminals on earth when they finish killing each other we’ll come back
to earth, whenever that is, maybe that’s when the criminals will get smart an wait them out,
look I love a good movie an this one is, but when you have hypothesis of quantum mechanics an wormholes
an soaking people in water for years, if I stay in the bath too long I shrivel up into an dried up state,
the water-brothers should check that out, an the one other thing about this is, the Dust Storm didn't seem the
render those vehicles inoperable, just asking, like the Fan belt or say the engine I could be wrong,
“Interstellar is like maneuvering through the I-95 to Hell or is that earth, I’m so confused my mind is Racing,
or should I say Matthew McConaughey driving his Lincoln Continental with ease,
I like how Christopher Nolan filmed this, with it’s widescreen an full screen, just like he did Batman,
Widescreen 2.40: Then Back To 1.78:1 16X9.
Runtime 168 Min.
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Fighting On Mars Or Space. Okay I Get It??

Wild (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Wild (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Reese Witherspoon
Price: CDN$ 19.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

3.0 out of 5 stars What We Know Is An Incantation Of Repeat Guilt..., April 6 2015
I once walked from Dundas an Young all the way to Eglinton an Markham Rd, an the most intriguing
part of my journey was fighting off all the badass people I encounter along the way, my walk
wasn’t even to find myself I already knew where I was going who I was an what my role was in life,
to be myself an my self only, if i was to ever live my life to everyone's expectations that would boring,
some people see things like this an think their lives are going to be inspired by what they see,
an soon as they hit the bricks (Work) someone throw a spoke in their wheel,
twenty five years ago I sort of heard that phased before from my ex who said she wanted to find
herself now I don’t know where she is, now that’s what I call loosing one’s self, thank god for that,
I actually called one production company to do a movie about it didn’t work, this is a True story now,
well when you’re Famous it is so easy for people to talk about you, I guess this girl Cheryl don’t like
psychiatrist I don’t know if they can help or not but a lot of people seem to use their service, if you think
I’m being funny think again, if I was to ever sit for two hours to watch someone find themselves it
would never End, it is absolutely truth to what I say, people have this image to upkeep, or else they wither
into obscurity, I’ll pass on this one I’ve seen my own life flash before me,
What We Know Is An Incantation Of Repeat Guilt...

Moebius [Blu-ray] [Import]
Moebius [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 37.83
16 used & new from CDN$ 21.68

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is Desperation To The Extreme..???, April 5 2015
Well I will never attempt to say that this is disgusting in any way bloody well shape or form, if
this is not real to life I don't know what the heck is, I'm not even going to begin to tell you
the story one reviewer already done that, but before anyone should question the validity of humans
think again, these are the stories the Detectives who work so hard to stop from happing, when
people see stuff like this the first thing comes to there mind is disgusting, sorry wrong answer,
these people are not Animals we're dealing with, you know the ones that walk strait up has arms an
legs, an who by-the-way can be charged in a court-of-law, This, This shows you what it's all about
to be human an if you can't fathom that you have no use being human, I will say it's hard to watch this
at some points, Actually all of it, but man does it give you a lesson in off-human-bondage,
it dares you to watch what unfolds before you very eyes, the suffering of others an what we do to
each other, a woman that's desperate an so depraved of her husband infidelity she could extract such
revenge on her own son in extraordinarily an gruesome fashion is beyond believe, and the
aftermath of this despicable crime of loosing your manhood, how your body can cope in other ways,
what this show as well, the Actors who never utter one single word in this movie the body language
an the facial expression you see tell the story, 'Moebius' will leave you breathless an then some,
This Is Desperation To The Extreme..???

True Detective: Season 1 [Blu-ray + Digital Copy]
True Detective: Season 1 [Blu-ray + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Matthew McConaughey
Price: CDN$ 46.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 39.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Like Any Other...That’s For Sure..., April 5 2015
“True Detective is the most true to life show that I’ve seen an I’ve watched a-lot of them, from
Law & O, to Colombo, to Night Stalker an so on, nothing going to compare to this in anyway shape
or form, Matthew McConaughey an Woody Harrelson work so dam good together hope that
Vince Vaughn an Taylor kitsch do the same in the next series which I’ll be watching for dam sure,
this you could say is America at it’s real gravest time in the seventy’s, when no one cared what his
neighbour was doing, which is regarded as, entitled to kindness would you believe it, sure as hell don’t
want to see when there’re mad my goodness, the pace this movie move at is sort of breathtaking,
waiting for things to happen is more tense than waiting for your driving instructor to say you pass your
exam, just watching M. McConaughey talk with that presence of his and the delivery of his lines, the guy can
really Transform himself to his character, you almost want to have sex with guy, an hear him talk an talk,
after it’s done, boy that Michelle Monaghan is such a gorgeous woman (girl) what an great Actress,
just love this show an hope it can get the justice it deserve from the next two,
Not Like Any Other...That’s For Sure...

Iceman [Blu-Ray]
Iceman [Blu-Ray]
Price: CDN$ 22.93
6 used & new from CDN$ 9.37

3.0 out of 5 stars I’m Flying An It's Not Even Windy......, April 4 2015
This review is from: Iceman [Blu-Ray] (Blu-ray)
“Well the only good thing about this, I now know man can Fly an Fly, I’ll stop right there,
and I know I’ll like or love Curry Chicken an Noodles um yummy,
for some unknown reason the director left out some parts to the movie I think did not help
my viewing pleasure, you have a Ming Dynasty palace guard wrongly accused of murder,
now being hunted by three brothers who’s bent on revenge, after there were Frozen by an avalanche
now it’s 400 years later there’re in the big city of China with all the lights an tall building which
they know nothing about or never seen, I’m lost as well so bear with me, the only time they encounter
him is at the very last of the movie, and it end, I’ll tell you one thing the visuals is to die for,
great job on that for them, “The Iceman Never Commit” for me he should stay lost,
the one thing they have going for them is, their movies are almost always in 2.35:1 I like that,
Runtime 105 min.
Widescreen 2.35:1
Cantonese 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. English (Dub) Spanish (Dub) French (Dub).
I’m Flying An It's Not Even Windy......

The International [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The International [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Clive Owen
Offered by Empire DVD
Price: CDN$ 11.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 3.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I Like It A Very Very Lot...., April 3 2015
“I can’t believe people say this was just okay, the movie had some Tense moments to it,
especially that shoot out, I hate saying it but you have to, no awards will be given, here,
but for entertainment value you can’t go wrong with this, Clive Owen almost always have that
scruffy look in his movies the guy loves it I’m sure, no black tie for this guy,
those “International Banks will get you every time, while you’re looking at the bank the Architecture
will change you perception of what your outcome will be of them, smart very smart,
I’m not going to list everything about who should get how many stars, I’ll give it five on different levels,
I Like It A Very Very Lot....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20