Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Nurse / Infirmière [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
Nurse / Infirmière [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Paz de la Huerta
Price: CDN$ 26.98
10 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Strikingly Provocative. Sexually Seductive As Well..., Sept. 20 2014
“When I first saw “Sandra Bernhard” in King of Comedy, for the first time with those lips,
(that I loved) I said to myself Hollywood is going down the road that I love, not just pretty wins,
now years latter, I’ve just witness another actress that has the same charisma, but much more sultry,
and seductive than Sandra Bernhard, her name is “Paz De La Huerta” (Boardwalk Empire) never seen it,
but I’ve seen this movie “Nurse” and what a delight is was to enjoy this movie in all it’s Raw Form,
this girl obviously doesn't have a problem with being Naked, all through the movie actually,
don’t think I saw an actress pull off a role so convincingly as this girl did, with it’s cunning detail to her crimes,
Abby Russell (De La Huerta) Nurse at the All Saints Memorial Hospital attends to her patients by day,
but prowls the night clubs scene at night to do her best work,will leave it there, with it’s 84 min. running time,
you wouldn't know it, and it was shot in Toronto too, Unlike American Mary” this one is Much Gory, the way I like it,
if you can’t give this five stars, just three for her performance alone, is not asking much,
Widescreen 2.40 LB.
Now this English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. is absolutely unbelievably.
Strikingly Provocative. Sexually Seductive As Well...

Blackthorn [Blu-ray] [Import]
Blackthorn [Blu-ray] [Import]
DVD ~ Sam Shepard
Price: CDN$ 26.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Movie.., Sept. 17 2014
“Butch Cassidy is still alive, imagine that, what a great surprise of a western in this day an age, “Sam Shepard,
“Blackthorn” (Assume Name, as the ageing (Cassidy) don’t think anyone could’ve come close to the face I’ve known,
(like Newman)what was nice to see though, is the way they went back and forth in their lives, like when there were young,
then back to old,and another thing too, there is some French specking with Subtitles, but not all the way through,
“Nikolaj Coster-Waldau” (Headhunters) as the young Cassidy was very impressive, the movie starts with,
Cassidy writing a letter to his son, hopping for a chance to go see him, which he has no idea what he looks like,
but his plans took a turn when he meet this criminal “Eduardo Noriega, (The Last Stand)with Arno,S. who told
him he’s got lots of money if he could help him, that course of there journey is the best of the movie,
this is a very smart movie, I like the way they let the movie flow, it’s very interesting stuff to this,
I just love the cinematography to the movie, outstanding in every way,
Runtime 102 Min.
Love This Movie..

Age of Uprising [Blu-ray]
Age of Uprising [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 28.12
15 used & new from CDN$ 22.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Revenge Sometimes Not So Sweet..., Sept. 16 2014
“Age of Uprising “the Legend of Michael Kohlhass” remind me of the old western days movies,
Revenge is always on the mind when I think of these movies, but watching “Mads Mikkelsen” do what
he does best, is nothing more than brilliant, the very first time I saw him in “Casino Royal” didn’t like him,
now a couple of movies later, he’s my favorite, with such a diverse ability in his acting I can honestly say,
the man can do almost anything, not going to say much about the movie, one reviewer already did that,
like he said, not much action, but the Humanity of the movie is what you have to see,
after suffering years of a grave injustice, took matters into his own hands, and reek havoc on the Baron
that did him wrong, love this movie, at times seem so cold dreary,
Music Box Films, always seem to give you the best HD Sound,
Runtime 122 Min.
French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Widescreen 2.35:
Revenge Sometimes Not So Sweet...

Patrick: Evil Awakens  / Panique - Blu Ray [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Patrick: Evil Awakens / Panique - Blu Ray [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Charles Dance
Price: CDN$ 11.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark and Effective..., Sept. 15 2014
“The opening sequence to this movie, “Patrick” when one of the nurses was taking pictures,
(with her sell-phone,) and end up getting a needle in her eye, is a good lesson for people today,
who take pictures of people in distress, Patrick a comatose patient who is the subject of this
mad scientist’s unusual experiments, what start out as an innocent fascination for the doctor soon
took a turn for the worst, as Patrick begins to use his psychic powers to manipulate everyone who
cross his path, this is the high-tech version of the Re-Make, which has it’s scary moments at times,
“Rachel Griffiths” who played the head nurse is much more sinister than Patrick, the woman is scary,
So is “Charles Dance'” as the evil Doctor for his first time role playing in a scary/Horror movie,
some parts will make you jump, that’s what make a good Horror movie,
English 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound. Really Good.
Widescreen 2.39:
Runtime 93 Min.
Dark and Effective...

The Paperboy  [Blu-ray + DVD]
The Paperboy [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Nicole Kidman
Price: CDN$ 21.98
2 used & new from CDN$ 21.98

5.0 out of 5 stars ”Outrageous Is Absolutely Not The Word For This.., Sept. 14 2014
“There is nothing sweet and lovely about “The Paperboy” the profanity is rampant, it’s sexually explicit,
the setting is in the backwaters of steamy 1960s South Florida, dingy and nasty, the swamp will make you cringe,
all the actors are sweltering in sweat, that’s dripping from their faces, watching this movie on a couch is not
a good idea, you need a hot-tub, believe me it will work, I don’t think for all the movies I’ve been watching,
never seen anything so real in my life, the things that “Nicole Kidman” went through for this role,
had to be the most humiliating thing to her loyal fans, even if she had a double to play some of the parts,
we know her for this role, her name is on the movie credits, but the most inhospitable person you would want to meet,
is “John Cusack” what a presence of a vile man you'd ever want to meet, and he played it So Well, I wanted to hurt him
so bad, actually all of them, this is why I can say it’s so Real and Authentic, if you love animals, the scene with the Croc,
you better fast-forward, and I love animals, I blink once, you are warned,
investigative reporter Ward Jansen (McConaughey) and his partner Yardley Acheman (David Oyelowo “Jack Reacher”)
trying for his first career-making story, when one of the Sheriff was killed, death-row groupie Charlotte bless (Kidman)
pairs together and tries to prove violent swamp-dweller Hillary Van Wetter (Cusack) was framed for the murder,
even the names for these so called characters are weird, the Sexual Content is very Graphic in this movie,
even though, i still love it,
Runtime 113 Min.
”Outrageous Is Absolutely Not The Word For This..

W. [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
W. [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Josh Brolin
Price: CDN$ 13.93
21 used & new from CDN$ 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots Of Extras On This Disc, Love the Movie., Sept. 12 2014
This review is from: W. [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) (Blu-ray)
“I can’t believe I got this for $3. bucks at the dollar store, went there for something totally different,
and came out with this movie, and it played great, I was shocked at my luck,
my hats are off to S.H. you couldn’t have taken the words out of my mouth any better, I agree 110% with
your review, this depiction of G.W. Bush by “Josh Brolin is bloody uncanny, the man that I though was a poor
excuse for a president, but was only hiding behind his father, with no great skills of his own,
just trying to prove himself a worthy son to his father, Josh Brolin” YOU GOT ROBED OF AN OSCAR MY FRIEND,
nice to see Oliver Stone” keep the naked stuff out, but had to show the drinking to make it real,
Runtime 129 Min.
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Widescreen 2.35:1
Lots Of Extras On This Disc, Love the Movie.

Blue Ruin [Blu-ray] [Import]
Blue Ruin [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 32.75
15 used & new from CDN$ 20.61

5.0 out of 5 stars One Great Movie. You’ll see.., Sept. 12 2014
“It’s been a long time coming, and waiting for a movie to shock me, as much as this one did,
not of it’s depiction of the killing, I’ve seen way worse, but it’s telling of the story, “Blue Ruin” is that movie,
that will give the story, put it in your lap and you still can’t figure why you can’t understand it’s ending,
this is no ordinary Revenge movie, this has a purpose, what you understand about that purpose is,
whatever you do will have some consequences, no matter what, so you better be prepared to suffer it’s outcome,
there is telling words in this movie, that make me go back to the old days, one in particular, “The Good the Bad and the Ugly”
when “Eli Wallach said to the guy, when you come to shoot, shoot don’t talk, (love that scene) so that brings me to my point,
when you’re on the revenge path, don’t make it an emotional one, because you lose focus, when that focus is gone, hell break lose,
I just love the way the movie open, you would think this is not going to be good, But let tell you, You will get hit with it’s force,
I found myself so rooting for this guy, not because of how he is living, but because of the man pain and anguish,
it was like I was living it with him, his acting was so Real, I was right there with him, you have to see this movie,
Runtime 90 Min.
Widescreen 2.40:1
One Great Movie. You’ll see..

Out of the Furnace - Au coeur du brasier (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
Out of the Furnace - Au coeur du brasier (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Christian Bale
Price: CDN$ 14.96
12 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars “Love The Ending....., Sept. 10 2014
“Out of the Furnace” will not leave an indelible mark in your brain, but you could get burn from it,
this has been done Oh SO MANY TIMES BEFORE, CAN’T EVEN COUNT, but what I can say though, it put
a spin on it’s true nature of human suffering, between two brothers who are trying to live their lives as best
they can, one works at the town Mill, the other don’t seem to know where his life going to take him,
he knows he wants to get out or die trying, this is real human emotion delivered by “Christian Bale” that he always
deliver, (not the last Batman though) even “Casey Affleck” impress me a little, this is the third movie I’ve seen from him,
I think some of these directors are willing to go the extra mile and kill off some of there well known stars, like this one,
didn’t say any names okay, which I like very much, because it changes the game to a whole new level, and shocks you,
like in “the Counsel” with one very famous Actor, I’m not going to say the movie was slow to develop,
because I don’t think that was the director vision of building it’s tension, there was tension already to begin with,
within the house-hold, with the one tragedy that one brother had to endure, I don’t think it was trying to be blood and gore,
like one reviewer claim it should’ve been, and to say, only men can give you gore, have you seen “The Descent” some girls
do have fun, sometimes you have to calm yourself down for the Storm,
English. French. 5.1 Dolby True HD.
Widescreen 2.40:1
Runtime 116 Min.
“Love The Ending.....

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition (Bilingual) [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + UltraViolet]
Price: CDN$ 38.99

5.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT ANIMATED IN THE LEAST,, Sept. 6 2014
What in the world are you talking about, THIS IS NOT ANIMATED IN THE LEAST, and VHS tape,
man you need to get out of the dark-ages, I hope you can see this and delete what you wrote, or re-write,
you are going down for the count at –18 my friend, they are people mind you, only miniature at best,
still not going to pay $50. bucks,

Hercules [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Hercules [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Price: CDN$ 29.99

2.0 out of 5 stars “”””Hercules Eh””””, Sept. 1 2014
“It seems like there’re going to put the (Rock) Dwayne Johnson” in any kind of movie,
and hopefully people will go see it, got suckered no doubt, please don’t do the same, all brawn
and no brain, that’s for the writers and director, I remember one movie with Clint Eastwood,
it’s maybe “High Plains Drifter” or “Outlaw Jose Wales” can’t remember clearly, when the one guy
said to Eastwood” who was being payed to kill him,a mans got to make a living, Eastwood was so incline to reply,
dying isn't much of a living Boy,I think that is the best line I’ve heard in a movie ever,
so Dwayne if it’s money you don't need,leave "Hercules alone, i love your other movies, not this,
or pick the movie that suit you, not everything has to do with your brain,Ha Ha. remember “Tooth-Fairy”
“”””Hercules Eh””””