Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Judge / Le Juge (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet] (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Jr. Robert Downey
Price: CDN$ 24.96

3.0 out of 5 stars Cliché Outcast This Is..., Feb. 1 2015
The Judge” is like waking up to a bad cliché hangover that you take nothing for, you just
sit there all day being bored to death, saying what did I just watched, oh my money,
where did you say it went, down the drain, everywhere you look you don’t see anything special,
and when the Devil comes, he brings with it the most outrageous lifestyles of all, “Self Deprivation”
it is so Nice being who you are, not with this movie though,
Cliché Outcast This Is...

Secretary [Blu-ray] [Import]
Secretary [Blu-ray] [Import]
DVD ~ James Spader
Price: CDN$ 11.29
19 used & new from CDN$ 8.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Fascinating Character Studies Of Will Power., Jan. 26 2015
“Lee Holloway “Maggie Gyllenhaal” just out of a Mental institution has a few strikes against her, we never
knew what they really were or was about, her family is protective of her, more so her mother,
she lands a job of a Secretary, obviously the name of the movie is? with E. Edward Grey “James Spader”
who I can gather from has a very compulsive disorder of neatness an punctuality, an very Shy, but his
sexuality, how should I put this, is more of a unusual classic melodramatic, like let me look you over first,
than the normal person would have, I hope that make any sense, probable not to some people,
the one thing that people don’t get is the whole world there’re living in with others, if there were no family’s
to come home to, I bet it’ll be a different kind of circumstances we would encounter, that we would never know,
people have very unique ways how the mind works, and if you don’t see it that way, you’ll never learn the mind,
the spanking scene I was very uncomfortable with, I don’t know if it was from her getting hurt or wanting to be
submissive, to some higher power, it looks like both of them were two lost souls living in a fish bowl, heard that before,
this is a role that many a woman would pass up in a heart beat, except maybe “Sharon Stone” maybe she has limits too,
Runtime 111 Min.
16x9 Widescreen 1.78:1
Two Fascinating Character Studies Of Will Power.

Maleficent [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
Maleficent [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Angelina Jolie
Price: CDN$ 28.99
21 used & new from CDN$ 19.89

5.0 out of 5 stars “Maleficent Is Purely Magnificent”, Jan. 26 2015
“Maleficent is a Magnificent thing of beauty, Angelina Jolie really took the time to enhance this character,
playing the bad witch who put the irrevocable curse on the King’s only daughter Princess Aurora in this classic
Tale of Sleeping Beauty, it’s no small feet, it’s done by so many already, this one gives you all the visual to go
with an already know fairy-tale, the King who’s played by “Sharlto Copley” I don’t know if the character fit him,
but man did he really act it out to the fullest with that menacing look of his, like he did in “Elysium”even though,
he never had much to say, or was seen enough, but when he was on screen you know it, but it’s Miss Jolie
who took this movie to a whole new level with her presence, with her one time very bad self then the very good,
this woman is so dam Beautiful, I could watch all day, she almost look much Healthier, in her face after that
operation an good on her, love this movie, it’s not all the time Disney screw up, (John Cater “Doh”) but this is good,
I could’ve watch this for over two hours an didn’t care what else they did,
Runtime 97 Min.
Widescreen 2.35:1.
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
“Maleficent Is Purely Magnificent”

Point Blank [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Point Blank [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Price: CDN$ 19.37
12 used & new from CDN$ 14.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Very Entertaining Movie., Jan. 26 2015
“Oh my good lord, it’s been said stupid does what stupid say, that was my saying, Can I Tell
You, this Has Nothing To Do With Any, Okay Any Die Hard Movie, you should stop watching movies,
(It’ll help others)I can’t understand people saying that to a movie like this, for one thing, there was no
Dam pregnancy in any, “Again” Die Hard that I’ve seen, when people make up stories they must feel very
prouder than not with themselves, but with the fact they’ve told a completely different story than
the original, “Point Blank” is not a crime thriller by any stretch of the imagination, it’s about a Very
Desperate man on his own quest to save his pregnant wife from some very bad people, that happen to
enter his normal everyday life of peace, with bad police in pursuit of a Art thief, who happen to see the
killing of a prominent figure, this is a very fast paced movie at only one Hour an twenty four min,
it remind me of Red Eye” with Cillian Murphy” an Rachel McAdams” closer to the end you're on edge
hoping if he’ll make it before the movie ends, great thriller,
French With English Dub 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 84 Min.
Widescreen 2.35:1
Very Very Entertaining Movie.

Treasure Island [Blu-ray]
Treasure Island [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Eddie Izzard
Offered by Entertainment Outpost
Price: CDN$ 17.02
24 used & new from CDN$ 2.02

4.0 out of 5 stars Well That’s Not Enough To Make You Sleep... Ah Stop It., Jan. 25 2015
“I have this feeling they were going for more on the kid side of things with this, you know sometimes,
when you’ve seen enough violence in movies, an it’s time to relax an watch something where you need
no brain function to move, I can say though the acting was not at it’s worst, this kid Toby Regbo” was
the most outstanding for my money, Eddie Izzard” was just Eddie, if you know what I mean, the captain
Philip Glensiter” was also great, for what he had to work with, yes adventure on the high seas based on
the Robert Louis Stevenson classic epic, very authentic re-imagining of the most beloved pirate tale,
“Treasure Island is no “Pirates of the Caribbean” not even close, the one thing I can give this, the Sound track,
voices was clear an crisp, there is one death scene in the movie that the kids should Not See, rest was funny,
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime part one 90 Min. part two 93 Min. 183 Min Total
1.85:1 16x9
Well That’s Not Enough To Make You Sleep... Ah Stop It.

Taken 3 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Taken 3 (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Liam Neeson
Price: CDN$ 33.35

1.0 out of 5 stars Stay Away From Taken, It's Already Held Up, Talk About Razzes', Jan. 25 2015
“Oh my good lord this one Stinks, the action in this movie was Actually done by a five year old,
I think a ten year old could’ve done better, I don’t think you people know crap about movies,
or you don’t know your ass from your elbow, amazon you should have a Zero Colum for movies
like this, I guess after finishing A Walk Amongst the Tombstone , an None Stop, an the Third Person,
Liam Neeson” was Very tired between sets, he Walked he was Third an he couldn’t Stop so he got
Taken for a ride, my dear if I didn’t know better, I’d be dam fool, knowing that Liam Neeson knows me
makes me So Happy,
Stay Away From Taken, It's Already Held Up, Talk About Razzes'

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Blu-Ray + DVD) (Bilingual)
Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (Blu-Ray + DVD) (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Gary Oldman
Price: CDN$ 9.99
19 used & new from CDN$ 6.49

4.0 out of 5 stars I’ll Still Give Four Stars., Jan. 22 2015
The way this movie was edited an cut was All over the dam place, Tom Hardy” had more
to say than Colin Firth” Benedict Cumberbatch” was just walking around with not much to
say as well, how could you not use these people to there fullest potential, first off the movie
was too short, you need way more time for a movie like, the one with Alec Guinness” is 324 Min.
but I know that can’t be done for a theater movie, another half-hour of some intrigue would be nice
the only one that shine here is Gary Oldman” an Mark Strong” was good as well, I’ve seen some
better ones done by the British, that has way more drama an intrigue than this, even if he had added
some of his own pieces to it I wouldn’t of cared to much, just a touch of his own spy world would be good,
it is not all that bad, you know like the umbrella with the blade attach, in the back street of the night
where all businesses go unnoticed,
Runtime 128 Min.
Widescreen 2.35:1 1080p High Definition,
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
I’ll Still Give Four Stars.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD + UltraViolet]
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoilers Alert..., Jan. 21 2015
This review contains Spoilers an it’s Not As accurate as the Book, oh dear I haven’t seen the
movie yet, let me get back to you on that one, the book the movie the book the movie the book
the movie, I can’t seem to decide which one to talk about, I have two Minds it must be the Host”
that’s “Taken” over my Brain, or is it Liam Neeson” I’ve seen the first two, so lets see,
there are lots of Hobbits and Orc’s, Book an Movie Ends, thank god for that,
Spoilers Alert...

Gone Girl (with Amazing Amy Book) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Gone Girl (with Amazing Amy Book) [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ben Affleck
Price: CDN$ 24.96
5 used & new from CDN$ 20.46

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone Girl Is. He Said She Said..., Jan. 20 2015
“Gone Girl” I would like to say I love this” but I can’t, it’s like this should be a documentary of a very bad couple,
Who manipulate the police an the public into thinking there’re the worst couple on earth, they have to be,
how many wife's could be so cunning to come up with a plan of this magnitude, this was the biggest elaborate
scheme I’ve seen, not too many wife’s are capable of this, this is why I say it was planned, they leave it all up
to you to decide, they were broke and up to there neck in debt, everything else you see is just gravy on their cake,
this is very smart on their part, (the director) because the investigation went no where, not even father than there
own nose, remember what Tyler Perry said to him, Ben Affleck” you guys are the worst couple, when he was
laughing at him, when he was being told of there problems by Ben Affleck, he even mention in one of there session,
about a book deal or a movie, which would make them a lot of money, and the reason why it was long, they needed
that time to suck you in an then make you forget the whole concept of forgiveness, because there was none,
he hasn’t forgiven her, because she still thinks she did the right thing, now after she’s left with no money, the new plan
came into focus, but not till after she saw on T.V. he would like to have her come home, and he love her,
“Talk about, he said she said, nothing more classical than a case like those Four little words,
I really don’t want to write about who did a good job about there Acting here, because some days you have good an bad,
I mean what the hell do I know about acting, never went to drama school, even drama school don’t get you that Oscar everyday,
Runtime 149 Min.
Widescreen 2.40:1
7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Gone Girl Is. He Said She Said...

Warm Bodies / Zombie malgré lui (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
Warm Bodies / Zombie malgré lui (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Nicholas Hoult
Price: CDN$ 11.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 4.70

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Very Warm Movie..., Jan. 20 2015
“Warm Bodies” an Teresa Palmer” didn’t gel for me, she was sort of flat sometimes, show you’re scared,
“I don’t think I’ve ever love a movie so much as this one” first though, I have never seen a
dead person walk before, only in movies, don’t think there is any documentation of it on record,
but I think this kid “Nicholas Hoult” did a Fantastic job with this character, the way he walk and how
He Run when he was being chased, was so dam funny, I just love it,
this is the most beautiful of undead of undead love story I’ve ever seen, the reasoning for saying that,
both worlds were in a state of dead-zone zombie like creatures, only one was more dead that the other,
watching Rob Corddry” in his zombie like state was So hilarious, what is most intriguing is the way they
there were attempting to speak, and the boney dead's who was far gone beyond survival, played the
important part to the movie, without them, we wouldn’t get added pleasure from this movie, the best thing,
there was not a lot of excessive eating of human flesh, like you see in countless other movies,
Director Jonathan Levine” who also did the screenplay, really got us thinking about the ones we lost???
1080p 16x9 2.40 LB.
Runtime 98 Min.
What A Very Warm Movie...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20