Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Kill the Messenger [Blu-ray] [Import]
Kill the Messenger [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 29.96
23 used & new from CDN$ 18.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Kill The Messenger For The Truth....., July 28 2015
When you try to do the right thing, it’s hard to sustain the loyalty from the people Who you think would
ride with you till the end, as we see here not bloody so, anyway shape or form, there is always someone
waiting in the wing to discredit your story, it never fails does it, when you’re a small time reporter stories like
this should not be given to you, that’s what some would think,
Kill The Messenger For The Truth.....

Force Majeure [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Force Majeure [Blu-ray] (Bilingual) [Import]
Price: CDN$ 25.30
19 used & new from CDN$ 18.21

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Great Movie To See..I Love It..., July 28 2015
“Force Majeure” Man oh man take the advice from Mr. Tommy Dooley an don’t see this as a couple, oh my the
question will start flying would you or would you not do what you’re about to see, an then to compare
it to other situation of other people, how they would handle it, it’s a very tough movie to handle,
the conversation would be rampant with tough question of loyalty of what the role of a father should be,
I’m not in no way going to give away any aspect of this very fine film, see this for the sheer pleasure of
the most communicable conversation you will have with your other half, even the way this movie was
filmed with it’s long takes with No conversation is like they want you to communicate in-between those
dead silence scenes, an actually how this movie come about is the Director actually witness this on his
vacation in the south of France, even though the opening scene was shot in Vancouver,
What A Great Movie To See..I Love It...

Jurassic World Limited Edition Packaging [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]
Jurassic World Limited Edition Packaging [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD]
DVD ~ Chriss Pratt
Price: CDN$ 37.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Two Hours Of Some Fun.., July 28 2015
If you have seen this movie Jurassic World” read on, if not please pass it by you wont learn a thing from it,
Went to the theater to see this movie, so I hope I can write a review for the blu-ray that hasn’t arrive
for sale yet, some people say we shouldn’t but seeing who I am I’ll do it anyway, because I can,
what you have here is a absolute failure to be predicable, oh let me rephrased that, it is predicable,
Chriss Pratt was very good for what he was given to work with, why they try to give us something of a love
interest between him an Bryce Dallas Howard is beyond me, but the funny stuff they share together was good,
then to tell us the Dinosaurs are smart by scratching the wall an then hiding so they would think it’s not there is
good but come-on now really, I distinctly remember people trashing “Transformers” for it’s brutality of Robots,
now we have dinosaurs eating people I wonder what they'll say about this, not that we haven’t seen something like
this before, we have in the previous three, now the things that strike me is the predicable stuff an the cliché one’s,
you have the co-star Bryce Dallas Howard with her nice white outfit all through the movie, with an iPhone that seems
to have Velcro on it and her hand, how they did that no one knows, then the two brothers (kids) were told to turn back
but was entice to go on by the oldest one, now if that’s not the oldest cliché predicable crap don’t know what is, an then
the killing of Vincent D’Onorfio oh my I feel so sick, my girlfriend was cringing and hiding her face when that was shown,
imaging what the little one’s went through, or was this for grown-ups only, I can’t tell anymore, I think I know what happen,
I eat too many chicken wings before I got there then wash it down with a tall glass of Rickard’s Red, boy that was good,
I was still savoring the eat, two stars for Chriss Pratt one for Howard two for CGI..
Two Hours Of Some Fun..

The Dead 2 [Blu-ray]
The Dead 2 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Joseph Millson
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 19.97
24 used & new from CDN$ 11.37

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dead Of The Deadliest Of Dead..., July 26 2015
This review is from: The Dead 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There is a little more dialogue to this movie, than the first one with a little more of a family History/Dynasty,
but what you see is enough to give you a sense of what the Ford Brothers got out of this India’s crew of actors,
an why that is, there is a-lot of them to begin with,
person walk up-right, but they look good an real for my taste, this is definitely “Not” a thinking mans movie,
but what the Brothers did is make it sort of, you want to know what has happen, an why..which makes you
wait with such anticipation you actually don’t care what the movie turn out to be, I mean for me I love it,
there is more “Cheese” here than you can eat but that’s not what I was looking for, there is some, some bloody
parts but not the excessive kind like you see in others of the same genre,
Runtime 93 Min.
5.1 Dolby TrueHD.
16x9 1.78:1
The Dead Of The Deadliest Of Dead...

The Dead [Blu-ray]
The Dead [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Rob Freeman
Price: CDN$ 21.00
23 used & new from CDN$ 11.29

5.0 out of 5 stars The Dead Of The Deadliest Of Dead..., July 26 2015
This review is from: The Dead [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
There is not a lot of dialogue to this movie, but what you see is enough to give you a sense of what the
Ford Brothers got out of this African crew of actors, an why that is, there is a-lot of them to
begin with, they're everywhere you look for crying out loud, I think I’ve said this before never seen a dead
parts but not the excessive kind like you see in others of the same genre,
Runtime 104 Min.
5.1 Dolby TrueHD.
16x9 1.78:1
The Dead Of The Deadliest Of Dead...

Love Exposure [Blu-ray]
Love Exposure [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Takahiro Nishijima
Price: CDN$ 34.95
19 used & new from CDN$ 27.80

5.0 out of 5 stars Sion Sono Is A Bloody Genius Wow....., July 14 2015
This review is from: Love Exposure [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
Let me give an example of this? I’m really hard press to say anything you’ll see what I mean if you watch,
now the back cover, this is how it’s stated, “Perverts Prowl And Women’s Panties Tremble In “Love Exposure”
A Tangled, Tumultuous Love Story, remember the word “Hard” I have nowhere to begin with this outrageous
movie, I’ll try Hard “again” to see if I can help, growing up with a devout Christian family young Yu Honda,
“Takahiro Nishijima” is desperate to please his father who is a Sin-Obsessed Catholic priest, with no sins of his
own Yu sets out to be the worst sinner of all, taking pictures of young girls panties in the streets of Japan,
which is called Voyeurism as you know it, now this movie is 3 hours an 57 minutes, of family strife where do we
belong in society how should we fit in an how honest should we be to our self, what is our sexual desire how limited
we have to be, I’m telling you I’ve never never ever Seen so many women’s panties in my life as it was in this movie,
there was not one Dull moment to this, like I said outrageous an very poignant movie at some points, there is lessons here,
but let me warn you there is some graphic scenes to this movie, oh my it’s graphic, and it won the (New York times critics
pick an winner of the prestigious caligari and fipresci prize award at the 2009 berlin film festival), the one thing with this
movie is the actors, my goodness it look so dam real to the point of saying oh yea it’s real alright, almost four hours
and I don’t think I nodded off once, if this does not capture your attention you should not be watching movies,
Japanese. English Subtitles 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 237 Min. of sheer mayhem. on one Disc.
1.78:1
Sion Sono Is A Bloody Genius Wow.....

Foxcatcher [Blu-ray]
Foxcatcher [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Channing Tatum
Price: CDN$ 14.49
15 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Murder An Betrayal....., July 4 2015
This review is from: Foxcatcher [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I was trying very hard to not watch this movie then when I saw the low price I took the chance an got it, now that
I’ve seen it I still get that eerie feeling about rich people, an this story in particular, a man that’s
fighting his inner demons as a kid learning his mother paid another kid to be his friend, wealth always comes
with a price no matter how much money you have or how successful you are there is that inner persona you
can’t stop thinking about to achieve more, to be more now that you’re on you way to great things, you feel there
is nothing you can’t do, the true story of this tragic event lies way beneath the surface that we didn’t see or was even
shown to us, how this man John DuPont wanted so much to please his mother that after her death feel like his time
was up in life, because he didn’t achieve his goal of wanting her to love him for what he his, like one reviewer said it,
Tech Guy, this really feels like a horror movie but not with the gory parts, the sinister look of Steve Carell” those eyes
seem to pierce right through you with a burning desire to hate this man for what he’s done to one family,
I was really surprise they had this movie made, I mean there is no end game to the movie no twist just one tragedy of one
sick individual with a lot of money an nowhere to go but?
like the part when his mother was wheeled into the auditorium, he try to show her how dedicated he is to his craft, which
he probable didn’t know S**T about, just want to win a gold medal,
Run Time 2 H 14 Min.
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Murder An Betrayal.....

Housebound BD [Blu-ray]
Housebound BD [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Morgana O'Reilly
Price: CDN$ 25.49
6 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Is From New Zealand House of The Haunted”, July 2 2015
This review is from: Housebound BD [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I don’t know if I was more annoyed at the main character or the movie itself, but it was a trip of a movie,
“Morgana O’Reilly” must’ve been going down some very bad road to nowhere close to no good,
as we can see in the opening scene, her an some guy we’re not told who is trying to rip off an ATM.
with a sledge-hammer but the sledge-hammer backfire an knock him out cold when he try to smash it,
that was funny from the start, she got caught an was sentence to house arrest at her mother house, which she
was not in agreement to serve, but had to, why I say annoyed she’s on a very bad trip to nowhere didn’t like her
mother actually no one for that matter, but had to endure living under these circumstances if she need to be
rehabilitated, then the strange things that keep going on in this spooky house will come to light,
Runtime 112 Min.
1.78:1 Widescreen Presentation.
English 5.1 Dolby True HD.
This Is From New Zealand House of The Haunted”

Noah [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
Noah [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Russell Crowe
Price: CDN$ 9.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 6.34

5.0 out of 5 stars A Square Boat. Who Would’ve Tunk It.. An A Pregnancy That Lasted Forty Days An Nights., June 30 2015
Why oh why can I not believe people don’t like this movie, this super hip version makes me wanna go find
some rock monsters to play with, an the new version of the Ark which is Squarer than square no
wonder the dam thing never capsized I mean with all the ruff seas an all, an poor Logan Lerman” the kid just can
not catch a break in the Ladies (Girls) department, an Ray Winstone” can they ever give the guy a bad role to play,
Noah” is a remarkable movie to have I absolutely love it, and I don’t even like Russell Crowe” he looks like
somebody put him together an didn’t know what they were doing, he walks like a robot, watch closely you’ll see,
I have quit a collection of his movies so far, not that I wont watch any of his movies, one thing I don’t want to get
into is the Biblical aspect of the history, I just can’t justified something I can’t see happing about all the animals in
the world living in one confine space without some of them being extinct, (like eaten) on less it did happen an those that
didn’t make it is now the ones we don’t know about, we’ll never know do we, there is something to think about,
when watching this think about Quinton Tarantino” writing this bible version, the rain will never stop,
Runtime 137 Min.
English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Widescreen 2.35:1

The Gambler [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Gambler [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Mark Wahlberg
Price: CDN$ 14.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I Just Love This Move. Performance Of A Lifetime From Wahlberg..., June 29 2015
It must be hard for people to comprehend or even understand the social injustice that people do to themselves,
here you have a man that’s willing to go all the way of hurting his own family just because he’s on a high,
a high of something he himself don’t even know the outcome because he’s not done yet, borrowing money from
one person to pay the other then doing the same thing to a third person, sometimes people don’t want to know who
they really are, it’s not that it scares them or think you’re trying to scare them, it’s the fact that people are who they
are no matter what circumstances their under, until they realize the bad road they have taken, it’s like a drunk
telling you I’m not an alcoholic but then you find more bottles than the liquor store in the house,
The Gambler” is an outstanding performance from Mark Wahlberg” a man that is about to self-destruct with his own
inability to not know when to quit, because quitting is Not an option with people like this..until it crumble to the ground,
the Bad thing is, I just, just couldn’t see anymore of John Goodman” without his shirt on why oh why they did that,
if I was to ever watch this again I Will Fast-forward you bet Yaw. even if you rent it you wont regret it,
I Just Love This Move. Performance Of A Lifetime From Wahlberg...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20