ARRAY(0xa72475c4)

Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Monuments Men [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Monuments Men [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ George Clooney
Price: CDN$ 32.99

2.0 out of 5 stars I Didn’t Even Wait For The Credits..., April 17 2014
“Just what I think” “George Clooney”thinks that for some reason he can get a bunch of talented Actors
together and make a movie about missing painting that the Nazi’s stole in World War II,for bloody well
hell who cares,if this movie is not boring I don’t know what is,
just yesterday I was reading about one of the Boston Bombing victims who refuse to go on meet the press,
if they mention the bomber name,in light of her request,the producers did not grant her that request,sighting,
it was difficult to have a panel discussion on this subject without the mention of the said person name,
I don’t know if this person has P.T.S.D. from this ordeal,but I think they are a lot of people who have suffered
from this tragedy,I know I know some,now for Mr. Clooney to make a lame movie as “Monuments Men,” is one
wasted tragedy in itself,they were some moment of, Oh really is that necessary,even if there are some good
moments to the movie it gives nothing to the viewer in terms of good History,
I Didn’t Even Wait For The Credits...

Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon [Blu-ray]
Young Detective Dee: Rise of the Sea Dragon [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Angelababy
Price: CDN$ 26.28
14 used & new from CDN$ 18.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Love The Movie.Not The Subtitles., April 15 2014
"First off" the movies (both of them the detective Dee) are in widescreen 2.40:1 not the 1.85:1
that amazon list here,now the movie only problem is, is the subtitles,it's so fast you can't read it,
I don't care how much you are a speed reader,this you will not catch up to it,no dam way you would,
why in the hell do they do this I don't know, it pisses me off,I almost want to send it back,but I don't think
amazon would allow me that right,the first was okay,but this one is not,
after seeing this,you'd think the theory of relatively started with this movie,I'm telling you, the wire work
is incredible,it's way beyond incredible,to see men upside down hanging from edge of the roof-top,
I think maybe I would hire them to do my windows and the eaves-trough,they sure wouldn't need a ladder,
the 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio is a killer,wow what a sound,if you like buying movies like me and have a good
sound system you'll love it,but if watching a movie on some little puny screen while in the back-seat of a mini-van,
or on an air-plane,really with sixty or so people, then you come wright a review,telling other people that they should buy,
when you know nothing of the product you're writing about,that you've only seen,you know who you Are,
Love The Movie.Not The Subtitles.

Ronin [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray] (2009)
Ronin [Blu-ray] [Blu-ray] (2009)
Offered by marvelio-ca
Price: CDN$ 15.96
15 used & new from CDN$ 15.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Love To Buy But???, April 14 2014
“I really don’t know how Amazon could say this is helpful,when you have Twelve,count them Twelve
different posters (pictures) of the same movie (Ronin) and all has a different price,some as high as Can $191.91.
but that’s not the problem (price),every review they have here is listed to the Twelve different movies,
the problem I have ,I would like to purchased one, but which one is the question,some reviews are not so good
for the product in question,like quality of the picture, the car chase is the only thing that give the movie a bigger
feel,other than that what a great movie,
So I don’t know if you will see this you people at Amazon,but it really don’t help when you say, Most Helpful Customer Reviews,
Love To Buy But???

Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame [Blu-ray]
Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 25.46
22 used & new from CDN$ 9.51

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It No Matter What..., April 13 2014
“Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame” is a spectacle to be-hold in my view,
why can’t people just sit-down and enjoy what they see,come-on now people,it wasn’t that bad,
you have action to replace what is known as a story,every movie contain one even if it’s as lame as
others,it still is one last time I check,
I Love It No Matter What...

Grandmaster, The / Le grand maître Combo (Blu-ray + DVD)
Grandmaster, The / Le grand maître Combo (Blu-ray + DVD)
DVD ~ Ziyi Zhang
Price: CDN$ 26.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Movie.Oh. Make Sure You See The Credits., April 13 2014
The “Grandmaster”a “Wong Kar Wai” film about yet another Ip Man movie,about the man who
though the famous,considers one of Martial-Arts best, Bruce Lee”although it’s on the same primes
as the other four,this one seem more detail,big on fighting styles too,but there is also a reminiscent
aspect factor to the movie,this is not big on Action,so if that’s what you’re looking for it’s not there,
the choreography fighting, which was done by the man who give us (The Matrix and kill Bill) “Yuen Wo Ping”?
is like a dance of intrigue,I would say first,watch some of the special features with Bruce Lee’s daughter,
Shannon Lee and Gina Carano, there is some exclusive clips of Bruce lee fighting skills,my good lord the
guy was fast Wow,plus “Keanu Reeves” gives his two cents as well,Gong Er”the woman that Ip man spent
most of his time with,after he left his village of Foshan and his wife and kids behind,was different here,
in this she was a very good fighter,who never lost a fight,the 64 Hand style, that was taught to her by her father,
and in those days was never taught to a girl,only men,in the previous Ip-man movies she was a woman of the night,
who died of an illness,will not spoil any more for you,if you have seen the rest you have to check this out,
now I see on some web-sites,there is three version of this movie,this one 108 min.other 123 min.another 130 min.
so which ever version you end up with I don’t think you would be disappointed at all,
“some of my other reviews,I’ve mention about The DTS Master,let me tell you this one,will Blow your mind,
this Mandarin 5.1 DTS Master will blow you away,I had to turn mine down to 33 DBs
the English Dub which is not bad,is in 5.1 Dolby digital is not as powerful as the other,
Amazing Movie.Oh. Make Sure You See The Credits.

Paycheck (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Paycheck (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Not A Bad Movie..., April 9 2014
“Love this movie”I think it’s way beyond it’s years,the one thing though “Ben Affleck will not
win any running competition hands down,it was very smart movie,
taking other people invention and enhancing it to the highest level,to the point of them not knowing
how it was done.
I think I watched this six times since it came out.
Not A Bad Movie...

House of Cards Trilogy: Special Edition [Blu-ray]
House of Cards Trilogy: Special Edition [Blu-ray]
Price: CDN$ 24.99
16 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars You Might Think That Mattie.But I Can’t possible Say That., April 9 2014
“House of Cards”? first Disc, “To Play The King”? Second Disc,“The Final Cut”? Third Disc,I think is the most
outstanding series or movie I have ever seen,this screen play by “Andrew Davies”based on the novel by (‘Michael Dobbs”)
is one deviously delicious and excitement I’ve had in years,”Ian Richardson” and “Diane Fletcher”as his wife,grew
on me so much I forgot how bad these people were,but if you were going to ask me anything,
I would have to say,You might say that Mattie , but I can’t possible think that,don’t you agree Mattie,I just love that line,and it was used so
many times,it’s stuck in my head ever sense, I will take away one star though for the ending,I was very disappointed on that level,
this guy has been bad from the get go,but to let it slip to a climax that was so mediocre and down right one note,was really bad,
you almost want this guy to be hurt so much more,there is one line on the first disc,when his long time friend and now chief Whip,
that I love,said, “To be sucked off for a Nickel in the railcar,I was laughing so much I had to pause the disc,couldn’t stop,
All three disc runs just under Four hours, respectively,with each episode under an hour,
would’ve loved if it was in Widescreen or full” it’s in 4.3.
You Might Think That Mattie.But I Can’t possible Say That.

The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Faye Dunaway
Price: CDN$ 11.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good..., April 7 2014
“I’ve never really got into watching period pieces”until I saw “Downfall” about Hitler's life and
fall from power,and many others after that,but this one the “Messenger” the “life of Joan Of Arc”
that “Luc Besson”did so well,shows us a woman that was so tormented by her fait,the love for France
and her King,lead an army of a few to squash the English,what we see here is a woman that was so determined
to take her country back,and was also laughed at by the church and called a devil,in 1426 the church was
the only place you go for advice,because it was the lord who will help you,if you say anything against the church,
they would burn you to the stake,now in 2014,we have Cable,Twitter and Face Book, funny how things change and
we don’t even get it, imagine getting burn at the stake while others look on,even the kids.
2.40:1 Widescreen.
Runtime 158 Minutes.
5.1 Dolby True HD. I wish it was in DTS-HD.Master.
Very Good...

Hansel & Gretel [Blu-ray] [Import]
Hansel & Gretel [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 18.82
15 used & new from CDN$ 10.98

5.0 out of 5 stars "We'll Be Good If You Stay.Won't You., April 3 2014
"What a good little movie this is"if you ever get lost in the woods stay away from the Ginger Bread House"
the one with bright lights,the movie was creepy,but the lighted scenes didn't give it that real scary feel,
it was way too bright,I really liked it even though it lacked in that sense,
The Korean 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio will absolutely give your surround a work out,
runtime for the movie is 116 minutes,
"Now First off" the aspect ratio that amazon has here "for "Hansel & Gretel"is wrong,it's 1.85:1.
I know this because I buy these movies from their web-site,so I have the disc to prove that,
That's' why it say Amazon Verified Purchased when I wright a review,not like some who watch
elsewhere then tell you to buy it,at $24.95 a pop or more or less,the point is,why should someone
tell you how to spend your money,when amazon don't even suggest that you do,of course they want
you to buy, that's what there're there for,when I speak,I speak so that everyone can have a voice,
"Some people get very testy when you say stuff,even though now, their name is right beside there review,
it's almost like you can't question what they write,even though there're telling you to like what they say or
like about the said movie there are talking about,when you don't know logic,everything must take a backseat?
yea right, I used to get a very important saying from my dad,
he said, "The Fish Is Always The Last to Notice The Water In Which It Swim", "meaning,he's too busy eating everything,
"We'll Be Good If You Stay.Won't You.

Dallas Buyers Club (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
Dallas Buyers Club (Bilingual) [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Matthew McConaughey
Price: CDN$ 19.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story Of Human Triumph...., March 30 2014
“No wonder Matthew McConaughey won best actor,for his role as an HIV. suffer, “Ron Woodroof”(M.McConaughey)who was told
he had thirty days to live,and ended up living Seven years,to see his transformation is nothing more than astounding,
this guy (Woodroof) was one free-Wheeling Texas cowboy,and sexually induce maniac,having sex with multiple women
at a time, (not that there is anything wrong with that) trying to fight the FDA after his diagnosis with Aids,took matters
into his own hands,going all around the world,and I mean all around,Mexico,England,Israel, Japan,places I can’t even remember,
and my hats off to “Jared Leto”as well for his best supporting Oscar,back in the eighty's this disease was killing a lot of people,
and no one knew how to stop it,but just to see how this guy try to fight for his life was heart broken,
Director “Jean-Marc VallÉE”, edited this movie perfectly,it just scares me when subjects like this comes along and people really
don’t want to know about it,I see it on the news when people say what a sad story,but really, I don’t want to get involved,
like I see here with only seven reviews (mine make eight) but then you’ll have 1,023. for “Firefly” and the “Matrix”,which has 2,742,
I guess it’s easy to die and be forgotten,than looking for a super hero,That Never Ever Ever Come.maybe,it is a real bird in the Air.
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
it’s also in Français DTS 5.1
2.40: Widescreen.
Runtime 117 Minutes.
Great Story Of Human Triumph....

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20