Profile for trek fan > Reviews

Content by trek fan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

trek fan "G. Man." (tornto. on)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Machete Kills  [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
Machete Kills [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Danny Trejo
Price: CDN$ 14.93
17 used & new from CDN$ 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE IT...., July 28 2014
“This is the most stupidest movie I’ve seen” that has more Action than any other movie on a sub-par level,
the action and killing is so hilarious, if you can’t feel entertainment coming on while watching this, you're dead,
I remember the movie 300. with all it’s decapitating and dismembering of body parts, this was way funnier,
“Danny Trejo” you got to love the guy, he always give you his all, “Amber Heard” I do wish I had my 3-D glasses,
I think it would’ve broke anyway, after that scene, what an insult to all the other people who have played President
in movies, to cast Charlie Sheen” as such, wonder what kind of Prime Minster he would make, for us, Ha Ha. don’t laugh,
here I go again, anytime someone wright a review about a movie, it is open for discussion by anyone, so if people don’t
like the way I talk about their review, don’t wright it, once you say it you leave yourself open to anything,
because if you tell someone to buy this movie, sometimes I do too, so if you’re a spoke-person for this product, you better
believe you’re going to hear about it, and if Amazon don’t like it, they better change their format, all they do is SELL.
and Nothing else, trying to tell others, not to vote on peoples review, is like having Sex with the whole neighborhood,
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT....
Runtime 107 Min.
1.85:1
English. Français. 5.1 Dolby True HD.

Evidence [Blu-ray] [Import]
Evidence [Blu-ray] [Import]
Price: CDN$ 22.31
20 used & new from CDN$ 11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Not So Bad Of A Movie., July 26 2014
“I’m going to give this movie “Evidence, five stars for it’s originality and deadpan sequence of events,
the camera work is shaky like “the Blair Witch Project” that I’ve not seen, (that everyone knows)
you almost have two movies in one here, Detectives “Burquez (Radha Mitchell) Silent Hill) and Reese,
(Stephen Moyer) True Blood) are investigating a series of murders, of five people through the eyes
of a home movie camera and a phone as well, this is almost like “Quarantine and (o Rec) can’t get a red dot,
I can tell this went right to disc, and of course there will be another one too, just by the ending,
there is a very good twist at the end, I almost turn this movie off, thinking it was going to be bad, but it hits you,
Runtime 94 Min. Subtitles Spanish & English.
English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio

DVD ~ Sandro do Nascimento
Price: CDN$ 10.97
24 used & new from CDN$ 5.94

5.0 out of 5 stars “Sad. Very Sad”, July 22 2014
This review is from: Bus 174 [Import] (DVD)
“I watched this documentary (movie) with great astonishment about a society that rest it’s morals on greed
and corruption, the invisible kids of a society that want no part of them, who would rather kill them than deal with them,
Bus 174” tells the story of “Sandro Do Nascimento” who at a young age, watched three men stab his mother and
almost decapitated her, this is real life folks, there is no movie here, this woman had her own business and was killed for it,
how would you like to witness that as a kid,
Then to be one of the survivors of the worst massacre in Brazilian History, where about nine kids or more were killed because
there were a nuisance to society, sometimes I think if we’re really loved, or it’s all a sham, we feel pain, but who gives us that pain,
I don’t know if you want the answer to that one???
“Sad. Very Sad”

Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion (The Criterion Collection) [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Gian Maria Volonté
Price: CDN$ 34.49
21 used & new from CDN$ 29.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie To Own. for Immediate Discussion .., July 21 2014
“Time and time again” I’ve written about people not wanting to see movies with subtitles” I’ve read
some of the reviews stating that fact here on Amazon, if that’s going to be a fault of missing a fine gem
of a movie like this, there will be no more open minded people left on this planet, we will be left stagnant,
watching a movie like “22 Jump Street” is O.K. if that’s all you like to watch is Handsome men and woman.
there is no huge big name to this, just the element of one fantastic character study of public perception,
of those under suspicion of anything for that matter, Director “Elio Petri” is master of his craft with his directing skill,
a man who was obsessed with death at a younger age, that almost went to a tragic end,
this “Criterion” blu-ray here is dam good for picture quality, and two d.v.ds. as well, plus a ton of special features, with a booklet too,
you’re going to love or hate chief inspector (“Augusta Terzi) played by “Gian Maria Volonté (from Fistful of Dollars fame)
they couldn’t of pick a better guy to for the Role, if this is not controlled chaos, don’t know what is,
Monaural in Italian With English Subtitles.
1.85:1 Aspect Ratio.
Runtime 115 Min.
Great Movie To Own. for Immediate Discussion ..
Would love to give this Six Stars.

Phantom [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Phantom [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ed Harris
Price: CDN$ 8.00
3 used & new from CDN$ 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classy White Knuckler” of a Movie.., July 16 2014
“Submarine Captain (Ed Harris) who suffers from mind-altering Seizures was force back into a Classified
mission that the KGB. think he would fail at, his problem is compounded by a Rogue KGB. agent played by
David Duchovny” who is willing to set off a Nuclear bomb to start a war between the US. and China,
this is a nice cat and mouse game of a movie, that sometimes keep you on the edge of your seat,
I guess there was not enough Germans to convince to do this movie, I didn’t think they would allow them to do it.
this was in the sixties,and to this day both sides deny everything that happen,
why do people feel the need to tell you every dam detail that happen in a movie, it just pisses me off.
with their review, as soon as I see it’s a long one I stop reading, don’t need to see or buy after that,
Widescreen 2.35:1
English. Français. 5.1 Dolby True HD.
Runtime 98 Min.
do you need information on the product that Amazon is selling or some one to tell you the whole movie.
I know I've already decide, if I have to pay at least $30. bucks.
A Classy White Knuckler” of a Movie..

The Raid 2 [Blu-ray]
The Raid 2 [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Iko Uwais
Price: CDN$ 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars If Action and Mayhem is you Thing. You Got To Love This.., July 15 2014
This review is from: The Raid 2 [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
“You will never” never ever see another Brutal Action movie with fight scenes so well choreographed
on any planet, especially the last one on one in the Kitchen with Iko Uwais” and the other guy forgot his name,
by any other director than “Gareth Huw Evans” the guy has written and directed and edit this fine gem of a movie,
I don’t think I’ve seen a movie so well made, that everything flow so well, it’s hard to say a bad thing about it,
even if it’s missing some parts that I don’t think would hamper your viewing pleasure, TRUST ME THERE IS ENOUGH
VIOLENCE IN THIS MOVIE TO MAKE YOU CRINGE WITH DELIGHT IF THAT’S’ YOUR PLEASURE OF CHOICE,
now look you two guys Gabriel Paquin and TicTacFoe I know how you feel about what Sony did, or whoever did it,
don’t know, not an expert on the subject, but I think I’ve seen enough of that Hammer going up a lot of peoples throat,
and I just love the Baseball bat scene too, No Digital Copy here, don’t use it.
Runtime 150 Min.
5.1 Indonesian (with Subtitles) and English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio. Français 5.1.
2.40 LB. Widescreen.
If Action and Mayhem is you Thing. You Got To Love This..

Past [Blu-ray] (Version française) [Import]
Past [Blu-ray] (Version française) [Import]
Price: CDN$ 39.39
19 used & new from CDN$ 9.58

5.0 out of 5 stars This is Superb Storytelling. by Director Asghar Farhadi., July 12 2014
“I seriously think the Academy of Motion Picture is one Bias Entity” to not give this movie an Oscar” is a shame,
this is one family Drama that never stops evolving, there is so much intrigue and complexity to this story,
it just makes you want to keep watching to the very end,
look I know some people don’t like or love subtitles but I swear to you, it will not be hard to read,the way it was filmed
gives you that chance to read and look at the person you’re seeing on screen,
everyone in this movie was outstanding right to the little kid,You Have to give this movie a chance, you’ll see I’m right,
and I don’t really want to give away anything about the movie,
because that would hurt your viewing pleasure of this fine film, so make a date with it, I bet you will not Regret seeing it,
only one hint, Ahmad (Ali Mosaffa) returns to Paris to finalize his divorce so his wife Marie,
(Academy Award Nominee bérénice Bejo 2011 best supporting Actress The Artist) can marry her new boyfriend Samir,
that’s tough enough, wait till you get to the real twister,
French only 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 130 Min.
1.85:1
This is Superb Storytelling. by Director Asghar Farhadi.

Bullet To The Head [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
Bullet To The Head [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 19.83
15 used & new from CDN$ 6.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Your Time. Maybe Well Spent. Maybe.., July 11 2014
“Stallone always seem to give you a good time for your money” regardless if it’s not a four star movie,
would never say five, but this is a Good movie to have if you want to see something a Little different, not much,
but different, than some, it was nice to “Sarah Shahi” (from Person of Interest) in the movie, who played Stallone's Daughter,
I don’t know if I could waste your time with all the “Bull that goes on in the movie, it’s Action you should know
what comes next, and they say “Kick Ass 2 was Brutal, they better see this, talk about Testosterone, this have all you Need.
1.85 LB.
English. Français 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 92 Min.
Your Time. Maybe Well Spent. Maybe..

The Other Guys (Unrated) Bilingual [Blu-ray]
The Other Guys (Unrated) Bilingual [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Will Ferrell
Price: CDN$ 9.83
17 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughter is the Best Medicine. Love It., July 9 2014
This is for people who don’t understand the reasoning about Digital Copy, that they don’t get,
it is housed inside the case of the Blu-ray movie, if they put it outside you wont even have to buy the movie,
so I don’t think that Amazon would know when it expires, unless they open the case, even if they did,
don’t think they would tell us, you would have to complain to the manufacturer for that, hope that helps,
“I love this movie even though some parts were a little dull” I so totally respect “Will Ferrell”for not kissing
Eva Mendes” in that scene when he invite Mark Wahlberg” over for dinner and he (Wahlberg) couldn’t stop
looking at her Breast, I almost fell of the couch, couldn’t stop laughing, had to rewind to see what I miss,
I mean who wants to kiss Eva Mendes and stop, not me, “Samuel L. Jackson” and “Dwayne Johnson” last
hurrah was so freaking hilarious, it was so nice to see “Ray Stevenson” this guy should be the next Jack Reacher”
No doubt about it, he’s got the height the look and the intensity in those eyes that would make it real,
the guy is not as big a star as “Tom Cruise” is, even though I loved the one he did, but sometimes star power
gets the best of you, I think I’ll go buy a Toyota Prius. you can watch this movie in so many forms on this Disc,
it’s incredible, there is so much stuff here, plus. the gag reel is just as good as the movie,
Widescreen 2.40:1
5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.
Runtime 116 Minutes.
Laughter is the Best Medicine. Love It..

District 13 Collection: District B-13 + District 13 Ultimatum [Blu-ray]
District 13 Collection: District B-13 + District 13 Ultimatum [Blu-ray]
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 14.57
16 used & new from CDN$ 14.57

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It..., July 5 2014
I just love this” you want Action that’s not on the same scale as say “The Raid”so to say,
but will give you Entertainment through out, check this out,
there is two Disc in this set, both of them are in Widescreen 2.40:1 with English. 5.1 Master Audio.
Love It...