Profile for Tameron Cantrell > Reviews

Content by Tameron Cantrell

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tameron Cantrell (Nassau, The Bahamas)

Price: CDN$ 7.35
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars We are a part of the rhythm nation..., July 6 2004
This review is from: Rhythm Nation 1814 (Audio CD)
I was never a huge Janet Jackson fan until I heard the song "Rhythm Nation". I picked up this album and listened to it. I was close-minded when I first bought the CD, thinking that the only song I would like would be "Rhythm Nation". But as I listened to more and more of the songs, I began to like more and more.
There are several songs on this album that sound the same. "Escapade" begins to sound like "Miss You Much" after a while, and so does "Love Will Never Do (Without You)". The disturbing "State of the World" is a rude awakening for our society, as is "Livin' In A World (They Didn't Make)".
Jackson's thin voice is well hidden with loud rhythms and excellent musical arrangements, which actually saves the album in a way. It is obvious that the beats and rhythms in this album play a very important role.
The highlights of the album are obviously "Rhythm Nation" in addition to "Black Cat", "Come Back To Me", and the unlikely "Someday Is Tonight". (After spending 3 hours in a car listening to this CD over and over, I found "Come Back To Me" and "Someday Is Tonight" to be actually the BEST songs on the album, with the exception of "Rhythm Nation".)
For your first Janet Jackson CD, invest a few dollars in "Rhythm Nation 1814". This is Jackson's strongest album.

The Door to the Secret City
The Door to the Secret City
by Kathleen J. Forti
9 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Review for "The Door To The Secret City", June 10 2004
Although the terms "heaven" or "God" are never mentioned in the book, it still gives us the basic facts about guardian angels. The stories find Freddie getting himself into some silly messes, with his guardian angel (or "guide" as they are referred to in this book) Daniel. The stories are great to read to your children, they have good morals and teach about spirituality. Kathleen J. Forti had good intentions when she wrote this book, but unfortunately this was the only book in the proposed "Adventures of Freddie" series that was ever written; no "book 2" was ever made. She is definetely writing towards a younger audience, it is not at all difficult reading and maybe your kids will actually pick it up and read it themselves. It doesn't go into enormous detail, which is actually a good thing in this kind of writing because it will keep a child involved in the book without getting lost or bored. Read it to your kids- it will make them better people!

Price: CDN$ 7.35
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.50

5.0 out of 5 stars People of the world unite..., June 8 2004
This review is from: Rhythm Nation 1814 (Audio CD)
This CD is amazing. Janet's wonderful (but not that strong) vocals mixed in with amazing rhythms makes this a great album. Each song tells a story. Definetely worth checking out.

My Lives
My Lives
by Roseanne Arnold
Edition: Audio Cassette
Price: CDN$ 13.87
10 used & new from CDN$ 13.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Roseanne Barr Pentland Arnold Thomas: Part 2, June 8 2004
This review is from: My Lives (Audio Cassette)
I must say that I didn't exactly know what to think when I saw a book with Tom and Roseanne on the cover. But seeing as "Roseanne" is one of my favorite shows, I had to pick it up. This is Roseanne Barr-Arnold's second book; I have not yet read the first one. The book discusses everything between the start of her stand-up act through her marriage with Tom Arnold. She has lots of fun bashing all of the people she worked with on her hit sitcom and her ex-husband, Bill Pentland, who she was married to for 16 years and had 3 children with. The thing that is ironic about this book is how Roseanne talks about how much she loves Tom Arnold, when she divorced him the same year that this book was released. The book is actually quite interesting, however. We see that Roseanne Barr and Roseanne Arnold are definetely two different people. This Roseanne is sticking with her story about her father molesting her and her sisters. (The Roseanne Barr of 2004 is now getting along with her family.) I think that this book is a little one-sided, though. Roseanne doesn't seem to think about how her children must feel during this divorce. I do recommend it for those of you intrigued by Roseanne Barr-Pentland-Arnold-Thomas's life story.