Profile for Cindy > Reviews

Content by Cindy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Cindy "lovely_kitty02" (Stanfield OR, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
To Sir Phillip With Love
To Sir Phillip With Love
by Julia Quinn
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars What can I say?, July 10 2003
I love julia Quinn's books but this one it lacked something that the other Bridgeton stories had. Don't get me wrong parts of it were funny but once those parts were over the story dragged.

Texas Wildflower
Texas Wildflower
by Susan Wiggs
22 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Big YAWN!, March 3 2003
I'm a big Suasn Wiggs Fan I love all her books, Well, almost. This book was slow and predictable and sorry to say the charecters were a bit flat. If you are looking for a fun read than this isn't the book for you.

Forever...: A Novel of Good and Evil, Love and Hope
Forever...: A Novel of Good and Evil, Love and Hope
by Jude Deveraux
95 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read!!!, Oct. 5 2002
I love all Jude Deveraux books and this doesn't leave the reader wanting. Just when your tried of the same old stories she comes up with something totally original.
This is a Montgomery story but unlike all Taggert and Montgomery Adam the "hero" is not raised with the perfect family he suffers and not something normal like being broke or unloving parent. He loses his parents in a very mysterious therefore he grows up to be a very secretive person. Until he meets Darcy.
She's great eventhough her life has been anytihng but perfect she is still very nice and optimistic person with a great sense of humor. When she is hired by Montgomery she starts learning things about herself that she never dreamed possible . These two have a great adventure together. If your lookingfor a book with sex scenes in it this one not for you but if your into a good story I strongly recommend this one.

The Magnificent Rogue
The Magnificent Rogue
by Iris Johansen
Price: CDN$ 9.89
81 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, Sept. 2 2002
I enjoyed this book every time I read it. The heroin is so like able and the Hero is of course reluctant like most heroes alll he wants is to live in peace at his home. this book was fabulous it had some sense of humor but not so much that it seemed that the writer was trying to hard andi don'tknow abotu anyone else out there but I detest books were the hero Rapes the Heroin this book has none of that. I liked this book very much I Hope you do too.

Romancing Mister Bridgerton
Romancing Mister Bridgerton
by Julia Quinn
92 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Yeah another good one!!!!!, July 8 2002
If you have never read a Bridgerton nove than your in for a treat. This family is just plain ol' funny their great kinda what a family should be like.
If your looking for a book full of action than this book is not for you but if you like to laugh try to get your hands on a copy.
Colin and Penelope are great they don't really have problems like they come from diffrent countries and their love is forbiden but their just two people with every day problems.

Ritual of Proof
Ritual of Proof
by Dara Joy
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, June 28 2002
I liked the story and in swicthing the roles of women and men was great it did seem ridiculous for the men to be needing protection but I think thats what Ms. Joy was trying to show that women are not superior to men but EQUAL.
Green the heroin of the story I thought was strong but open minded and I didn't feel she was cold at all but caring and kind and Jorlan the hero is fighting for equality and through out the book the reader feels like cheering him on and thats how your suppose to feel.
All in all to read this book you have to have and open mind I liked it very much I just hope Ms.joy writes a sequel to this wonderful story.

Dreaming Of You
Dreaming Of You
by Lisa Kleypas
Price: CDN$ 8.54
81 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars It was the best, April 21 2002
Its a great read and keeps you entertain is all I can say so I totally recommend it to everyone.

The Pursuit
The Pursuit
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Ehh it was okay, April 21 2002
This review is from: The Pursuit (Hardcover)
I was thrilled at the thought of reading more about The Macgregor's after Love Me forever I was expecting something with a little more of a kick than wht the Pursuit had Melissa had spirit there was no doubt about it but the author din't do a go job in explain why she was they way she was usually her books are about a couple fighting the love that they have for one another but in this one melissa's loved ones were causing the problems. Lincoln the hero seemed more like a boy that thought that the whole world had wronged him in the end he excepts he was acting childish toward the McFearsons and he lets things be. This was an Okay book if you have nothing else to read, I just hope that Johanna Lindsey gets outs of her writting sulmp and gives us something that can we can copare wth her other hits.

Heart of a Warrior
Heart of a Warrior
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the other novels of this family, July 26 2001
This review is from: Heart of a Warrior (Hardcover)
Heart of a Warrior is the best of the series I Personally couldn't stand the thought of a woman being punished that's why I didn't like the other ones. Okay so she does get punished but not severely and its great what happens afterward when I read a book I like to laugh and this one had me laughing hard. There wasn't much that I didn't like so it wasn't perfect for me but every one has their own opinions, the things was that she was 28 American and a virgin not that its impossible but highly unlikely and how did her family feel when she up and disappeared? huh? well Nothing is perfect but this one came close.

Keeper Of The Heart
Keeper Of The Heart
112 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars What was she thinking?, July 8 2001
I love to read Johanna Lindsey's books but this one lacked something. Shanelle the heroine was scared to death of pain of any sort but in her home planet the men ruled and got to punish their women something along the way of leaving wanting sexual satisfaction and sheer toture for them well anyway Shanelle had to pick a "Lifemate" but in Falon's land they believed also in punishing there women but with spankings AHHH!! like they were some naughty children and don't know what is good or bad like if they themselves were so superior again Ahhh!! that was the only wrong thing with the book the thought of a man treating his wife like a bad kid is just plain silly. The book was kind like a Scotish Historical novel with Larid's and clan but with "punishment". Other than that the book was Okay.

Page: 1 | 2