Profile for LiisaReads > Reviews

Content by LiisaReads

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

LiisaReads

Little Cakes from the Whimsical Bakehouse: Cupcakes, Small Cakes, Muffins, and Other Mini Treats
by Kaye Hansen
30 used & new from CDN$ 1.22

3.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas!, Jan. 11 2012
I love the creativity in the Whimsical Bakehouse cookbooks. The only issue I found with this one is that you need all kinds of odd sized pans that I just don't have.

1001 Things To Spot On The Farm
1001 Things To Spot On The Farm
by Gillian Doherty
15 used & new from CDN$ 5.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Hours of fun with Gramma, Jan. 11 2012
My 2 year granddaughter got this book from Santa this year and it has become her go to book. We spend hours looking and counting and making up stories about each picture. The illustrations are fun and colourful. My sweetie is getting 2 more 1001 books for her upcoming 3rd birthday. Highly recommended!

Mad Men: Season 2
Mad Men: Season 2
DVD ~ Jon Hamm
Offered by DealsAreUs
Price: CDN$ 39.95
10 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch show never fails to make you think., Oct. 5 2010
Ce commentaire est de: Mad Men: Season 2 (DVD)
My husband and I don't watch TV but we do rent or buy shows that look interesting. When we found MadMen, it was just mind-blowingly good. The characters are so complex and interesting and infuriating and the writing is so smart. Stories unfold with such subtlety and nuance and of course the timeframe (1960s) allows for some truly outrageous behaviour, sexism, racism, homophobia. All the things the characters don't say are as fascinating as the things they do. We are on the second go around of the series and wait with huge anticipation to add season 4 to our collection. I highly recommend this for anyone interested in smart adult drama.