Profile for littlegolferboy > Reviews

Content by littlegolferboy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

littlegolferboy

Startech.Com UUSBHAUB6LA Micro Usb Cable A to Le Feet Angle Micro B
Startech.Com UUSBHAUB6LA Micro Usb Cable A to Le Feet Angle Micro B
Offered by biddeal
Price: CDN$ 12.49
22 used & new from CDN$ 5.86

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect fit, Aug. 21 2013
This cable is perfect.The plug on my phone is right where the palm of my hand is when I'm holding it in my left hand, which I usually am, so having to bend the cable out of the way when I'm holding it has caused two cables to break right at the plug. With this I can hold it comfortably and not worry about bending the cable in ways it shouldn't bend.

John Dies at the End [Blu-ray]
John Dies at the End [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Chase Williamson
Price: CDN$ 11.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 11.25

4.0 out of 5 stars The usual complaints about movie adaptations of books, Aug. 21 2013
I'm a huge fan of the book and I was well aware when I heard that they were making a movie that there was no way they'd be able to encapsulate all the awesomeness of the book into a single 2 hour movie, so I didn't get my hopes too high. For the parts that they did manage to include they impressively faithful to the book (with the exception of Molly/Bark Lee), but unfortunately that's only about a quarter of what's actually in the book.

It felt like they tried staying true to the book for the first hour or so and then they realised they were going to run out of time so they decided to cram as much as they could into the end to make it make sense. I was disappointed they barely touched on Amy and her relationship with Dave; all of a sudden she's just his girlfriend when it seems like they've hardly interacted before. Also for some reason I always pictured her as a redhead.

Overall it was an enjoyable movie, especially if you haven't read the book yet. Personally I would suggest watching the movie before reading the book so you'll be pleasantly surprised by all the extra content.

How to Train Your Dragon [Blu-ray + DVD]
How to Train Your Dragon [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Gerard Butler, America Ferrara Jay Baruchel
Price: CDN$ 19.83
6 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected, Nov. 15 2012
I'm usually not very big on animated movies and even less so on children's movies, but this was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. I'm a 27 year old male and some of the scenes with Toothless were so cute that I almost died. It has loads of comedy -- understandably because all the children are voiced by some very funny actors -- and the action scenes look great in HD.

Prometheus (Collector's Edition) - Bilingual [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Noomi Rapace
Price: CDN$ 15.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more, Oct. 28 2012
The amount of bonus material in this movie is amazing. If you were confused about the plot even after watching it multiple times just sit down for a few hours and go through all the behind the scenes stuff.

Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Inception / Origine (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Leonardo DiCaprio
Price: CDN$ 9.93
29 used & new from CDN$ 3.45

5.0 out of 5 stars The closest you'll get to theatres, Jan. 28 2011
When I found out when this was coming out I knew I had to get Blu-ray or nothing. Anything else just wouldn't do it justice. I haven't even gotten around to the bonus features yet but I know they'll be just as good as the feature. I'm not sure if I'll even use the digital copy but it's kinda nice knowing it's there and that I won't have to make my own copy of it if the time comes. If you have the appropriate TV you should definitely be getting this.