Profile for Mark > Reviews

Content by Mark

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mark (Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Resqme The Original Keychain Car Escape Tool, Made in USA, Orange
Resqme The Original Keychain Car Escape Tool, Made in USA, Orange
Price: CDN$ 11.14
3 used & new from CDN$ 11.14

4.0 out of 5 stars 4/5, April 8 2015
Hopefully this thing will work if/when the time comes. It would be hard to know for sure unless you can find some automotive glass to test it on. According to the insert, there are versions out there that include a key ring, lanyard and/or sun visor clip. This particular one is just the key ring.

A model with a steel or titanium body would be the ideal option, with a permanent sun visor clip attached.

Fosmon Mini Display Port (MiniDP/mDP) to HDMI Adapter Cable for Apple MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air - 6 Feet (White)
Price: CDN$ 14.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 10.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Gold Plated, Still Good, April 5 2015
Works as intended for me. Connects my 27" iMac to its Samsung second display via Thunderbolt to HDMI. I believe the primary photo should be corrected as it shows a gold plated HDMI connector, but it's definitely not. Gold plating is supposed to resist corrosion, be more durable and improve signal transmission. I'm still happy with it for now so the plating issue is more of an FYI.

GreatShield VIES Nylon Protective Case for Google Nexus 7, iPad 3/2/1, Samsung GALAXY Tab 8.9, Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1, Blackberry Playbook, Le Pan I / II / S 9.7-Inch and other 9.7 inch Tablet Pads - Black
Price: CDN$ 15.25
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.25

5.0 out of 5 stars pocket was good enough for a cable and stylus pen, April 5 2015
Before switching to the iPad Mini 2, I used this on my iPad 3 for a couple of years and it served its purpose perfectly. Zero wear and tear with daily use/travel, pocket was good enough for a cable and stylus pen, great snug fit for the tablet. I bought a similar one for the iPad Mini and couldn't be happier this time around as well.

Lock & Lock 750ml Butter Container
Lock & Lock 750ml Butter Container
Price: CDN$ 5.99

4.0 out of 5 stars ... it for but hey I suppose that's not a bad thing. Closes shut nicely, April 5 2015
It's larger than what I need it for but hey I suppose that's not a bad thing. Closes shut nicely. I wanted something low-cost and functional to use here at home and to bring to the cottage without paying triple the price for some heavy ceramic version.

SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-032G-B35
SanDisk Cruzer Fit 32GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive- SDCZ33-032G-B35
Offered by DSE FOX
Price: CDN$ 23.00
38 used & new from CDN$ 18.34

4.0 out of 5 stars Great physical size, Feb. 12 2015
Great physical size, enough storage for everyday stuff. I wish it would have came with some type of small lanyard but I scavenged one off of another electronic.

GreatShield Quick Grip (ONE TOUCH TRIGGER) Windshield Dashboard Universal Car Mount for Phones and GPS Devices - Works with Samsung Galaxy S4/S4 Mini/S4 Active, S3/S3 Mini, LG Nexus 4, Apple iPhone 5/5S/5C, Blackberry Z10/Q10, HTC One M7, Nokia Lumia
Price: CDN$ 14.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I use a Magpul iPhone case and with this on it doesn't quite clamp down like it should, Feb. 12 2015
Stays put, hasn't fallen off or needed adjustment yet. I use a Magpul iPhone case and with this on it doesn't quite clamp down like it should, but still holds just fine.

GreatShield VIES Nylon Protective Case for Apple iPad Mini 2 (2013) iPad mini (2012), Google Nexus 7 1st / 2nd Gen, Blackberry Playbook 4G LTE, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, Tab 3 7.0 / Note 8.0, ZTE Lite Tablet, ASUS MeMO HD Pad 7" Tablets- Black
Price: CDN$ 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits a little snug with a smart cover but just enough that it's not going to ..., Feb. 12 2015
I had a similar version for my iPad 3, so when I upgraded to a retina iPad mini I opted to try it out again. Fits a little snug with a smart cover but just enough that it's not going to rattle around in there.

Sightmark .223 Boresight
Sightmark .223 Boresight
Price: CDN$ 40.31
4 used & new from CDN$ 32.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, Aug. 10 2013
This review is from: Sightmark .223 Boresight (Sports)
It'll save you a few bullets but don't expect this thing to be perfect. It does the job and it will get you reasonably close @ 50 yards, but beyond that it will definitely take some fine tuning as to be expected. Just be aware that the laser itself is not 100% straight and I tested this out using a method that I found through the US reviews.

1) Put the sight in one of the grooves of your .223 magazine (an AR-15 mag is what I used)
2) Point it at at wall, flat surface, etc.
3) Rotate the bore sight in the groove so it spins in the channel.
4) Watch the dot on the wall spin in a circle.

This is your radius for error. And even at 50 yards it is fairly big, so at 200 yards+ you still have quite some work to do. It can be fine tuned with some watchmaker's tools (my precisions screwdrivers were still too large) if your model has the outer screws. Otherwise you can scratch one side of the bore sight and always try to place it in the chamber aligned to that mark every time.

But this particular bore sight is quite inexpensive and those high-end models cost over 600 bucks. So there ya go.

Hoppe's No. 9 Silicone Gun and Reel Cloth
Hoppe's No. 9 Silicone Gun and Reel Cloth
Offered by BIC Warehouse - (Includes all tax and Duties)
Price: CDN$ 14.68
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Shiny but messy, Aug. 9 2013
If you're putting your firearm away for storage this is a decent product to use. It really brings out the shine on any material. There are better products out there to protect your firearm but this one is inexpensive, quick to use and doesn't take up much space. I don't recommend using this if you plan on shooting any time relatively soon after application because the silicone makes it very slick and you'll have to wipe it all down again to remove it.

Gerber 22-01769 Shard Keychain Tool
Gerber 22-01769 Shard Keychain Tool
Price: CDN$ 8.63
26 used & new from CDN$ 7.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, awesome EDC, Dec 11 2012
For under $10 it's hard to find a better "that's so cool" gift, I keep one in my EDC bag and have purchased others as gifts for friends. Every single person that sees it asks about it and wants one. I only gave it 4 stars because I doubt the effectiveness of it Phillips "cross" head screwdriver, and I haven't tried the wire strippers because I have a professional pair of those. I like my Gerber products and I take some comfort in knowing that I at least have this item on me at all times. And sometimes you just need to open a cold brew with a little style.

Page: 1 | 2