Profile for Book Boy > Reviews

Content by Book Boy

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Book Boy

Your Soul's Compass: What Is Spiritual Guidance?
Your Soul's Compass: What Is Spiritual Guidance?
by Joan Z. Borysenko
Price: CDN$ 10.79
37 used & new from CDN$ 1.40

5.0 out of 5 stars A Divine Guide, May 10 2008
Ever since I read a book called Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow by Steven Lane Taylor, I have been intrigued by the concept of divine guidance, and how spiritual discernment can help us live more effortless and fulfilling lives. This book, "Your Soul''s Compass," is a great expansion on the principles that Mr. Taylor presents. Tuning into divine wisdom is a very subtle art, and "Your Soul''s Compass" presents a very thorough study of this subject by calling on the expertise of spiritual sages around the world, from Buddhists and Quakers to Jewish mystics and Sufis. I highly recommend this thoughtful work.

Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
by Joe Vitale
19 used & new from CDN$ 15.43

5.0 out of 5 stars It's About Time!, Feb. 5 2008
I have always had trouble with the "'law of attraction"' as it is presented in the popular book, The Secret, because I found that I don''t always attract the specific thing I am focusing on. Often, I attract something that is even better that what I thought I wanted --' something that is more fulfilling, and something that is always in the best interests of everybody. Up to now, the only book that ever explained to me why the universe seems to have a mind of its own, is 'Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow' by Steven Lane Taylor. But now there''s Zero Limits by Joe Vitale. I love this book because, like Mr. Taylor''s, it clearly explains the difference between intention and inspiration . . . and it shows how love is the "'real secret"' for manifesting a wonderful life. I recommend both of these books.

Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires
by Esther Hicks
Price: CDN$ 10.79
71 used & new from CDN$ 1.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Still An Absolute Joy!, Aug. 27 2007
I read "Ask And It Is Given" two years ago, and it still holds up as the book that has brought me more joy than any other. Its message about how our positive emotions guide us to our good is incredibly simple, yet profound. And in the back there are a set of processes that you can practice that make this book highly practical and actionable, too. So why am I just now getting around to writing a review of it? Well, I just attended my first Abraham-Hicks workshop, and I am more enthusiastic about their work than ever! These days, Abraham's message revolves around the metaphor of "going with the flow downstream, or paddling against the flow upstream." Again, so simple, yet so helpful. I'm not sure if any of the Abraham-Hicks books use this metaphor, but here is one that does: Row, Row, Row Your Boat: A Guide for Living Life in the Divine Flow This book is also a simple guide to manifesting your desires effortlessly, and I think it's an excellent book to read in addition to "Ask And It Is Given."