ARRAY(0xb393f8e8)

Profile for cheeky > Reviews

Content by cheeky

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

cheeky (Ottawa, ON)

Two-Ism
Two-Ism
Offered by Rarewaves-CA
Price: CDN$ 13.98
17 used & new from CDN$ 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars BoC are experts at their craft, Jan. 5 2004
This review is from: Two-Ism (Audio CD)
I downloaded a few of the tracks from Twoism when I first heard of BoC. After purchasing the album, I tried their more recent work on Music Has The Right To Children. Comparing the two, Twoism is very minimalist; however, it still retains that gorgeous BoC feel, nostalgic yet an even stronger sense of something sinister in the air. BoC always seem to save the best for last in their albums. The final track, "1986 Summer Fire" is the simplest of all the tracks, yet it gives rise to the entire spectrum of emotions. The entire album is class.

Turn On The Bright Lights
Turn On The Bright Lights
Price: CDN$ 14.47
34 used & new from CDN$ 2.91

4.0 out of 5 stars really impressed, Jan. 5 2004
I initially would have given this album 3 and half stars, but I don't think 4 stars is too generous for this fine album. "Turn On the Bright Lights" takes a couple listens to get past the grit and uncover the gorgeous. Interpol combine the two quite nicely. It's both retro and modern. Don't expect this album to give immediate gratification; patience is definitely a virtue when it comes to this album. It's well worth your time.

All American Rejects
All American Rejects
Price: CDN$ 13.32
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Good thing the price was so low., Jan. 5 2004
This review is from: All American Rejects (Audio CD)
The All American Reject's debut album was a big disappointment. I had heard "Swing Swing" on the radio a couple of times, and it was catchy as hell. HMV was selling the CD for only $10, so I thought I'd give it a go. I found the entire album annoying and dull, except for "Swing Swing". I'm not one to need immediate gratification out of my music, but even after a third lesson I was bored out of my mind. The lyrics were the same old thing from almost all other emo bands, and the melodies just didn't work. It's albums like this that make an argument for downloading music. I should have spent the $10 toward a DSL subscription.

Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 16.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 10.72

5.0 out of 5 stars most gorgeous music I have ever heard, Jan. 5 2004
This entire CD, through and through, is absolutley gorgeous. It is the most beautiful and moving thing I have ever heard. It's nostalgic and futuristic, mechanical and organic, all at once. When I listen to it I'm transported back to my childhood, back to watching TVO (Canada's PBS); yet there's an almost sinister quality to it that keeps you in reality. I've listened to it over and over again since I received it in the mail (on the second listen the beauty sank in). I almost cry at the end of the album, Happy Cycling, when the synths come in near the end. It reminds you of childhood lost. This album will take you through all the range of emotions. It's just perfect. I'm a huge fan of BoC now.

Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 16.95
5 used & new from CDN$ 10.72

5.0 out of 5 stars most gorgeous music I have ever heard, Jan. 5 2004
This entire CD, through and through, is absolutley gorgeous. It is the most beautiful and moving thing I have ever heard. It's nostalgic and futuristic, mechanical and organic, all at once. When I listen to it I'm transported back to my childhood, back to watching TVO (Canada's PBS); yet there's an almost sinister quality to it that keeps you in reality. I've listened to it over and over again since I received it in the mail. I almost cry at the end of the album, Happy Cycling, when the synths come in near the end. It reminds you of childhood lost. This album will take you through all the range of emotions. It's just perfect. I'm a huge fan of BoC now.