Profile for Gerald J. Gambale > Reviews

Content by Gerald J. Gambale

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Gerald J. Gambale

Page: 1 | 2
A History of Pi
A History of Pi
by Petr Beckmann
Price: CDN$ 13.71
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars What a piece of Pi ., Aug. 30 2001
This review is from: A History of Pi (Paperback)
I recently read Pi and found it intellectually stimulating. Although, growing up, I could not get into any mathematical formulas or theorms; however, being middle age I enjoy a challenge ever now and then. Dr.Beckman has simplified the difficult and made it understandable. If I can understand this book anyone can. I recommend Pi without any reservations. It's worthwhile to indulge. Thanks.

Thinking In Pictures: and Other Reports from My Life with Autism
Thinking In Pictures: and Other Reports from My Life with Autism
by Temple Grandin
79 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars insightful, Aug. 30 2001
I am a professional trained in medicine and often encounter people with PDD, as well as austism. This book, "Thinking in Pictures", was more informative than any neurology book I have read. Its perspective is from one who has austism and not another medical professional who continues to talk with medical terminalogy that no one understands. It seems as though the author was given this gift from God to share and teach anyone willing to learn. As a result of this book, I have a different perspective and outlook towards PDD & autism. Thank you.

Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
Conversations with God: An Uncommon Dialogue, Book 1
by Neale Donald Walsch
Price: CDN$ 17.87
196 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars What a joke., April 12 2000
I recently had the opportunity to read Book 1 Conversations with God and found that the author is probabloy suffering from Schizophrenia especially when he hears voices and communicates with these voices. I believe that he (the author) was going through such a trying time that he perthaps went off the deep end. However; he was/is intelligent enough to bamboozle the general public. I hope the reader/s aren't caught up in this nonsensical dialogue.

Understanding Children's Drawings
Understanding Children's Drawings
by Cathy A. Malchiodi PhD ATR-BC LPCC
Price: CDN$ 30.41
23 used & new from CDN$ 26.11

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, March 8 2000
I have recently completed the book in question and found it extremely helpful. It provided the basics that I can build on to understand children's drawings and perhaps children in general. I,at least have a fundamental idea of what to look for and how to interpret what is presented to me by a child. This book will not make one an over night expert on children's drawing (that takes time) but it does provide simple and understandable direction.

Bully
Bully
by J Schutze
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Price: CDN$ 9.89
61 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Lost children, Feb. 26 2000
This review is from: Bully (Mass Market Paperback)
Bully, was extremely confusing to me. I found all these teenages with nothing to do but contemplate murder. What a sad commentary for the American youth. What happen to getting a job, or involve oneself in sports, or reading a book. I wonder what was/is the rate of STD's, HIV, and Hepatatis in Broward county or any other American county for that matter. Where are the parents of these children? There is a tremendous lack in the US of parental guidance and if it does exist, its misdirected (one parent households). When my friends and I were growing up in the 60's, we participated in sports,got involved in school activities, and held down part time jobs and as a result became doctors,lawyers, engineers, etc.

Tis: A Memoir
Tis: A Memoir
by Frank McCourt
Price: CDN$ 24.26
183 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Tis McCourt's life, Feb. 20 2000
This review is from: Tis: A Memoir (Hardcover)
I have read both books Angela's Ashes and Tis. Although,Angela's Ashes had more of a gentle perspective basically from a child's point of view. Tis perspective was more of coming of age (not in Samoa)in the USA. Nevertheless, Mr.McCourt did capture my attention and I found myself at times looking forward to the next chapter. What is great about human beings is that in face of adversity and hardship,humans do prevail and some accomplish greatness.Thank you Mr.McCourt for sharing your life with me and world and may God Bless.

Fascinating Hieroglyphics: Discovering, Decoding & Understanding the Ancient Art
by Christian Jacq
23 used & new from CDN$ 3.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Diffculty Decoding, Feb. 6 2000
I recently completed the above named book and am still in the dark on decoding the Hieroglyphics. However,I did come away with how complex the ancient Egyptians were. I will once again tackle the book and probably walk away with the basic fundamentals of Hieroglyphics. I recently visited the Metropolitan Museum in New York City and they had an exhibit on Ancient Egypt, and to my surprise, I was able to decipher a small portion of the hieroglyphics.

Treating Mental Disorders: A Guide to What Works
Treating Mental Disorders: A Guide to What Works
by Peter E. Nathan
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Mentally Stimulating, Feb. 5 2000
I have read other books on mental disease and found this one easy to read and understand without all the psychiatric jargon. The book was concise,clear,and gave both a psychosocial,as well as a psychopharmacological perspective. I recommend this book without any reservations.

Angela's Ashes
Angela's Ashes
by Frank McCourt
Price: CDN$ 18.80
238 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Much Sadness, Feb. 5 2000
This review is from: Angela's Ashes (Hardcover)
Mr.McCourt walks us through his life of extreme poverty,without any "light at the end of the tunnel" and yet,he prevailed. It's amazing what the human psychic could endure and come out a shining star. There was death, starvation, alchoholism, and poverty but love was always twinkling. It must have taken Mr.McCourt a great deal to jot it down on paper. God Bless.

Other Side And Back
Other Side And Back
by Sylvia Browne
66 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Enlightening, Sept. 7 1999
This review is from: Other Side And Back (Hardcover)
The Other Side and Back covers the entire gamut of the spirit world and then some. She uncovers the intangible with an uncanny sense of humor and insight. She lets you peek in her own world intentionally, in order to show the non medium Sylvia. It was a good book but I prefer more psychic readings. Nonetheless, Thank you.

Page: 1 | 2