Profile for Roland O. Takang > Reviews

Content by Roland O. Takang

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Roland O. Takang "Roben" (Canada)

Linux on 8Gb USB Flash and 3-DVDs, Installation and Reference Set, 32-bit: Ubuntu 14.04 and Kubuntu 14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package !, April 19 2013
I have chosen this rating because I didn't find any problem with the product. I am not taking into consideration the instruction manuals or linux tutorials that are in the USB stick because I did not use them. But the CD installed properly several times and did not pose some problems like the one I downloaded and burnt by myself.
I like the Ubuntu CD, I have not used Kubuntu yet, the USB is great and can be used for other purposes.
I recommend this product to any one who is having problems with the self burnt iso image file.

Linux on 8Gb USB Flash and 3-DVDs, Installation and Reference Set, 64-bit: Ubuntu 14.04 and Kubuntu 14.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Great package !, April 19 2013

AdvancED ActionScript 3.0 Animation
AdvancED ActionScript 3.0 Animation
by Keith Peters
Price: CDN$ 21.28
35 used & new from CDN$ 2.54

3.0 out of 5 stars Advanced but, Aug. 19 2009
This book is okay, but did not actully complete the advanced knowledge to examples on daily life needs. Which means the reader has to figure out how to apply it, which might not be easy. If you want to make a rotating carousel, for example, if you don't want to attach the photographs with XML, because you just want to have a single SWF file to send to a friend at the end, how else do you do that with action script 3.0, is never covered. Figuring out how to do it is not easy.
Otherwise it is a good advanced action script book, if you would have time to make experiments with the examples.

Object-Oriented ActionScript 3.0
Object-Oriented ActionScript 3.0
by Todd Yard
Price: CDN$ 32.92
38 used & new from CDN$ 0.88

4.0 out of 5 stars What this book does., June 19 2009
This book is interesting and shines a lot of light on OOP. I would recommend this book to anybody. The explanations and examples are really good, and are all directed to object oriented programming.

ActionScript 3.0 for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Classroom in a Book
ActionScript 3.0 for Adobe Flash CS4 Professional Classroom in a Book
by Adobe Creative Team
Price: CDN$ 36.36
42 used & new from CDN$ 0.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Who is this book good for., June 19 2009
It is an excellent introductory to flash CS3 and action script 3.0, for somebody who never came across this version before. My problem with it is that it doesn't give an introduction about some other things that one would meet in flash CS4 action script 3.0. The system the Author uses to teach somebody is excellent. I just wish he continued a bit deeper, touching all the aspects of flash action script, even just staying at the introductory level. This is a book for an absolute beginner, who should get other books to move on.