Profile for maiden_mania > Reviews

Content by maiden_mania

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

maiden_mania

Greatest Hits
Greatest Hits
Price: CDN$ 8.21
34 used & new from CDN$ 3.95

1.0 out of 5 stars greatest?, Jan. 9 2005
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
How could you have a greatest hits album missing some of the absolute best Alice in Chains tracks like "Down in a Hole", "Nutshell" and "Whale & Wasp"? You are better off getting DIRT and JAR OF FLIES instead of this stuff.

Price: CDN$ 15.13
27 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of their best, Jan. 1 2005
This review is from: Powerslave (Audio CD)
I don't understand the hype with this album, and I am a huge Maiden fan. In my opinion it is one of the weaker releases with Dickinson. However, it still has great tracks I enjoy listening to like 2 minutes to midnight, aces high, powerslave and rime of the ancient mariner. Losfer Words is also pretty good, but not as good as previous instrumentals. Also, I find that the other songs on the album are weak. If you are a huge Maiden fan I understand why you would buy this album, but if not I suggest checking out the self-titled debut or Piece of Mind, both which are better overall in my opinion.

Price: CDN$ 15.13
27 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not one of their best, Dec 31 2004
This review is from: Powerslave (Audio CD)
I don't understand the hype with this album and I am a huge Iron Maiden fan. For me it is one of the weaker albums with Dickinson. However, there are still great songs on the album that I enjoy listening to including Aces High, 2 minutes to Midnight, Powerslave and the Rime of the Ancient Mariner. Losfer Words is a pretty good tune, but not as good as their previous instrumentals. Apart from that, the other songs I find are weak. If you are a big maiden fan then I understand why you would get this album, but if not you should check out the self-titled debut or piece of mind, which are both better in my opinion.