Profile for kmorghan > Reviews

Content by kmorghan

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

kmorghan "avid reader" (Eugene, OR USA)

Dairy-Free and Delicious
Dairy-Free and Delicious
by Brenda Davis
Price: CDN$ 12.96
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Vegan Nutrtional Info and Recipes, Dec 23 2002
I really enjoyed the nutrition section at the beginning of this book. I've been a vegan for a long time, so I've got to be impressed when a cookbook teaches me some new things about vegan nutrition.
The recipes are great as well - as is expected for Joanne Stepaniak's work. My small complaint is that some of the recipes are identical to those in the Uncheese Cookbook. Yeah, that Gazebo cheesecake is excellent enough to deserve getting printed again, but I was really hoping for some new cheesecake recipes! Quite a few of the recipes are new, so it is still worth picking up this one as well, especially if you've got picky non-vegans to feed.

The Complete Book Of Running For Women
The Complete Book Of Running For Women
by Claire Kowalchik
Price: CDN$ 15.16
115 used & new from CDN$ 0.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, Aug. 20 2001
Great motivational stories and information for woman runners. Lots of very useful stuff, including two great chapters on stretching and strength training. Personally I don't find running on a vegetarian diet quite as "challenging" as she makes it out to be, but few authors can keep their personal biases from creeping into their writing. Overall a very helpful book to have.

The Runner's Handbook
The Runner's Handbook
by Jack Shepherd Bob Glover
88 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent comprehensive guide for new runners, Aug. 20 2001
This review is from: The Runner's Handbook (Paperback)
I picked this book up just as I began running and found it the best overall information source for all of my questions about running, racing, nutrition, stretching, injuries, etc. Well written and amusing! After only ten weeks I went from being fairly sedentary to running four miles at a stretch, and am training for my first 5K.