Profile for Tara > Reviews

Content by Tara

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Tara (Canada)

The Lonely Moose
The Lonely Moose
by John Segal
18 used & new from CDN$ 7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Good humour and great moral, Jan. 21 2011
This review is from: The Lonely Moose (Hardcover)
My children (ages 5 and 3) LOVE this book. They love the language, the wit, the humour. I love that the story has a great moral in two ways: first, an unlikely pair form a lifelong friendship. Second, the bird teaches the moose that one can never have too many friends! I love this story about frienship, and I love listening to my kids giggle at the way Segal brings the moose and the bird to life! I looked for this book in Chapters and they said they didn't carry it anymore because it was a "bargain book". I think it is a wonderful story and I am glad I found it on Amazon!

Tara, B.A., B.Ed.

Dan In Real Life
Dan In Real Life
Price: CDN$ 19.23
18 used & new from CDN$ 15.61

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time!, March 24 2008
This review is from: Dan In Real Life (Audio CD)
I think Steve Carrell is a fabulous actor and amazing comedian... so I watched this film. TERRIBLE. It is very slow moving, not that funny, and over all, disappointing.

The Mother of All Pregnancy Books: An All-Canadian Guide to Conception, Birth and Everything in Between
by Ann Douglas
28 used & new from CDN$ 1.63

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Impressed with this one!, June 4 2005
I read some raving reviews about this book, but I admit, I was quite disappointed. Factual, I'm sure, but it lacks details and tries to touch on too much without going into any depth. Many other pregnancy books go into further detail.

Pregnancy After a Loss
Pregnancy After a Loss
by Carol Cirulli Lanham
Price: CDN$ 15.16
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort, March 9 2005
This review is from: Pregnancy After a Loss (Paperback)
To start, I want to say I would recommend this book to everyone who has suffered a loss and is pregnant. C. Lanham covers every single feeling you might have and talks about them honestly. After receiving several self help books, along with advice from people who had NO idea what I was going through, this book offered me some comfort. I hated every book I read about infant loss and I resented every person who thought they had something wonderfully new to help my husband and I through our loss. After almost a year of trying for another baby, we finally got pregnant -- along with this pregnancy was fear and the grieving did not automatically stop. I did not suddenly want to see other's babies. I had many feelings and emotions, and this book was amazing. During our loss, I was tired of being told we were "normal" to feel the way we did. That was of NO comfort to me. Suddenly, being told I was normal when I had many strange thoughts and feelings (at this stage... after finally being pregnant again) and being told I was normal WAS a comfort to me. Thank you Carol Lanham for writing this book and helping me through a difficult time. Even my parents don't understand about what I am feeling and how I am acting. I have asked them to read parts of this book to help them understand. I would recommend it to everyone.