ARRAY(0xb39b1810)

Profile for pkw > Reviews

Content by pkw

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

pkw

Page: 1 | 2
P3 International P4460 Kill A Watt EZ Electricity Usage Monitor (Gray)
P3 International P4460 Kill A Watt EZ Electricity Usage Monitor (Gray)
Price: CDN$ 45.37
18 used & new from CDN$ 38.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Kill A Watt is an easy 5 star, March 16 2014
The Kill A Watt meter is very easy to use, and performs as advertised. I gave it five stars because of the ease of use and what it reveled So far it has paid for itself by identifying power usage at duplex receptacles using way more kilowatt hours than I thought, In this case, a 35 inch TV and all the associated paraphernalia. Needless to say I do not leave tt on unless I'm actually watching it. No more using the TV as a radio. The Kill A Watt monitor also motivated installing 60 watt equivalent LED bulbs were the light is on more than 12 hours.

Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger
Battery Tender 021-0123 Battery Tender Junior 12V Battery Charger
Price: CDN$ 28.89
7 used & new from CDN$ 28.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Tender is a great value, March 16 2014
Although I have ways to safely charge S.L.A. batteries, I purchased the Battery Tender because of its size and advertised specs.
I'm happy to tell you that so far, it performs properly. It comes with two types of good quality cables, one with mid. sized alligator type battery clips the other with 5/16 ring type wire terminals. Both have a 2-Way Flat Molded Connectors with a 7.5 amp. blade fuse and holder within 6 inches of the battery terminal.
I use it to maintain charge of two 12V 33 A/H AGM batteries on a limited duty cycle when the solar panels cannot.
So far no problems.

Battery Tender 081-0069-6 Ring Terminal Harness with Black Fused 2-Pin Quick Disconnect Plug
Price: CDN$ 8.46
5 used & new from CDN$ 8.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Tender cable performs as advertised, March 16 2014
This cable has polarity identification - + on the connectors, is awg16 wire and appears well made especially compared to so called bargain cables. Comes with a 7 amp blade fuse in the holder and has a connector cover to protect against shorting if it falls in the wrong place when exposed. All in all, its worth the price.

ALEKO 20W 20-Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel
ALEKO 20W 20-Watt Polycrystalline Solar Panel
Offered by GudCraft Canada
Price: CDN$ 60.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 60.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice panel for the price, March 16 2014
The two panels I received were well protected by the packaging and arrived in good shape. Its important to understand in most cases, you get what you pay for. The ALEKO panel performs as advertised and in my opinion is good value. I have the two panels sitting in a window on a fourth floor apartment and do not get nearly as much sun light if placed outside and facing up towards the sky.
The two panels wired in parallel have the potential to deliver approx. 2000ma under ideal circumstances. I get 200 to 400 ma in the window location.
If I put these panels into the weather I would need to do some weather proofing at the power output and use a strain relief on the output conductor. I'm not sure how these panels would stand up to outside exposure but would probably be fine during late spring to early fall. Forget it during winter. Bring then in doors.

2-6S LiPo Battery Voltage Tester Low Volt Alarm Buzzer and LED / Microprocessor Controlled High Precision Voltage Detector
Offered by All Dazzling
Price: CDN$ 14.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A very useful device, Jan. 31 2014
I use the 2-6S Lipo Battery voltage tester as an inexpensive voltage meter on a 12 volt SLA batter bank.
Can be used to monitor the voltage of a battery pack made of 1.2 or 1.5 cells and of course it's main purpose as a Lipo battery low voltage tester and alarm. . The low voltage alarm is adjustable from 3 to 4 volts. In my opinion it is well worth the price and would recommend as a good product at the price. I would have given it 5 stars if the low voltage alarm had a wider range of up to 11.5 volts.

HQRP 10 Amp 12V / 24V Solar Charge Power Controller / Regulator 10A 150W with LED Indicator for Home Solar System plus HQRP Coaster
Offered by HQRP-CA
Price: CDN$ 16.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Charge Controller - Works as Advertised, Jan. 14 2014
Took awhile to arrive but that has to be expected with certain items. Very Easy to use. Has 17 mode settings for load ON - OFF control.
The writer of the instruction sheet gets the point across but in a comical way. I cannot write anything in Chinese, let alone an instruction manual,so he/she did a great job. Bottom line, I like it and would recommend to anyone needing a light duty charge controller with this product feature set.

HOBBYHOT ™ GT Power 130A High Precision Watt Meter and Power Analyzer BK320 with Android Apps Special Bundle

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value works as advertised, Dec 29 2013
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars :4.0 out of 5 stars
Using this watt meter for several 12 to 24 volt applications. Shows the info you need and it is accurate as tested in tandem with a good digital multimeter. My only minor complaints. The red and black input/output wires are a bit short. Some readings show in sequence but do not remain on screen for more than a second each. Worth the price.

New 31 in 1 precision Torx Screwdriver disassembelly Set Mobile Phone Repair Kit Tools T3 T4 T5 T6 T7 T8 T10 T15
Offered by Brainydeal-FBA
Price: CDN$ 10.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 1.45

5.0 out of 5 stars All You Need for Light Duty, Dec 23 2013
Has a whole tribe of bits. Several various multi point star bits like those found on Hard Drives. For the price, its great but I doubt the bits will withstand the vigor's or a professional every day use. I could be wrong.
Cheers,
Paul

Abrams RC Battle Tank
Abrams RC Battle Tank
Offered by grabthesale
Price: CDN$ 95.69
4 used & new from CDN$ 95.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Toy, Dec 23 2013
This review is from: Abrams RC Battle Tank (Toy)
It arrived undamaged and worked as advertised. Has a 9.6v 8 cell NiCd and runs for about 30 to 40 minutes. Transmitter uses a supplied 9volt battery and has a minimal range of 10 to 15 feet indoors. Shoots plastic BB's quite a range so you need to use LOTS of caution.will Knock an empty pop can over from three feet.
Cheers,
Paul

Bushnell 360411 Backtrack Original G2 GPS Digital Compass and Personal Locator, Black/Green
Price: CDN$ 64.99

1.0 out of 5 stars I cannot Trust, Dec 23 2013
EDITED Dec 29, 2013
I Have tried "several times to get this item to work. North was known and verified with a good base plate compass.
After getting a satellite lock with the back tracker it pointed to SE in compass mode and did not give proper back track direction to the car.
I must reduce my previous review to one star. Basically I'm out 70 bucks. If it was any more I would return but I will eat this loss.
Cannot in good faith recommend this product.

First Review:
So far, I'm not sure If I can trust this item. I checked its. compass with a good base plate compass and they do not agree. I marked position at the car in a well known department store "large" parking lot but it pointed in a totally different direction as to were the car was actually located. 0 for 2 . Perhaps it's user error so I will try again and see what happens. I suggest you have a good base plate or sighting compass if you are entering wilderness and know how to use it.

Page: 1 | 2