Profile for D. Argento > Reviews

Content by D. Argento

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

D. Argento (Calgary, Alberta Canada)

WOSS Military Strap Trainer Black, with Built-In Door Anchor, Made in USA Suspension System
Offered by WOSS Enterprises, LLC
Price: CDN$ 32.49
2 used & new from CDN$ 32.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value., May 20 2015
Great product! I really don't know why the TRX brand would justify the 5 times cost premium. This looks and feels durable and does everything I need.

Snugg iPad Air (iPad 5) Ultra Thin Smart Case in Black - Flip Stand Cover with Auto Wake and Sleep for Apple iPad Air (iPad 5)
Offered by TheSnugg
Price: CDN$ 69.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case. Great value., Dec 22 2014
Works and fits perfectly. Many covers only protect the screen. The Snugg protects the back as well. Has a good grippy feel. It may not survive a drop onto concrete but will do well with the daily bumps and scuffs. Ports remain unobstructed for headphone and lightning connectors. A great alternative to the high $$ Apple cases.

Wish You Were Here (vinyl)
Wish You Were Here (vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 27.99
32 used & new from CDN$ 24.43

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Vinyl Release., Nov. 15 2011
I'm certainly not one of those people who claim that "everything sounds better on vinyl, just because it's vinyl". I have been disappointed on several occasions upon receiving reissued and/or remastered versions of some of my favourite albums. Everything from poor sound quality to extreme surface noise to awful quality control (when you're spending upwards of $25, I wouldn't expect to receive records with scuffs, scratches and the center hole not completely punched through). That being said, I wouldn't give out a five star rating too easily.
So I love Pink Floyd and when this album became available, I held my breath and ordered it. I'm glad I did. It's awesome in every respect. Sound quality, quality control and the packaging are all superb. Most other manufacturers could learn a few things from this exceptional release. If you like Floyd, get it!

Been Webster Meets Oscar Peterson (Vinyl)
Been Webster Meets Oscar Peterson (Vinyl)
Offered by importcds__
Price: CDN$ 17.48
21 used & new from CDN$ 17.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Own Jazz Record, Nov. 15 2011
This record is a must have for any Jazz fan. Perhaps not as well known as the greats like Davis and Coltrane to some casual jazz listeners. Admittedly I overlooked this album until a friend lent me his cd copy. I was hooked! Ordered the LP and it's seen some heavy rotation on my turntable ever since it arrived. The quality of the music is great. The recording quality (considering is a 1959 recording) is exceptional. Finally the quality of the vinyl pressing and cover is also top notch. Very pleased!

Joseph Joseph Rocker, Garlic Crusher
Joseph Joseph Rocker, Garlic Crusher
Offered by WIREDREAM-JAPAN
Price: CDN$ 33.61
6 used & new from CDN$ 29.69

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. Less Mess., Nov. 15 2011
I bought this after I broke my last (traditional style) garlic press. After stumbling across this rocker here on Amazon, I realized what the problem is with most of these presses. This idea just makes perfect sense. No moving parts and nothing really to break. Super-simple to clean. It gives more of a minced texture than a mush but that's what I prefer. I don't think I'd ever go back to a regular garlic press.