ARRAY(0xa6aeeb4c)

Profile for Mia Miaow > Reviews

Content by Mia Miaow

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Mia Miaow (Quebec, Canada)

Hot Finish
Hot Finish
by Erin McCarthy
Price: CDN$ 9.99
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Bittersweet opinion, Oct. 11 2010
This review is from: Hot Finish (Mass Market Paperback)
My first of that serial. My third of Erin. Hmmm. She's good, ok. Good characters, good intrigue, well written with action, sex/love scene, interactions/reflexions of characters. But... to me, I'm left (like with the others stories from her) with a sense that there's a little something's missing to say Wow! I'm feeling that she could have make it better...

For example, Suzanne and Ryder are yet in love with each other, even if they are divorced since two years, but Oups! They're not divorced! Ryder's trying to do good beside Suz to show her he loves her and he tells her the truth: He loves her. But she can't believe him. Then, later, in a sweet moment of intimacy, instead of telling her the truth and make her flee, he's pratical and says they'll take it one step at a time... NOw, she's furious because he's not romantic and doesn't love her.... Wait a minute! He can't know what you wanna hear!! Ok, I know that we, girls, can be like that... But, I don't know... t'was not what I wanted to see in that story. Seems too easy and capricious to me, worthy of a less good quality story.

I'm left bittersweet anyway. You may try it and find it to your taste, if you're used to read her and liked her. If not, be cautious.

The Taking
The Taking
by Erin McCarthy
Price: CDN$ 9.99
40 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Searching for a sweet story, with little magic and romance? Evil against the good? Then it could be for you!, July 1 2010
This review is from: The Taking (Mass Market Paperback)
A good book. Actually, I liked it but, feels like it's missing something to be a really good one. The characters are well-build, pleasant. I came to care about them. The story is intriguing even if we have an idea of where we are heading. Don't misinterpret me: it's good enough to buy but... not sure it is one to keep et re-read often... or to dream about long after it's finished. That's what I mean. If it's what you're searching, you could be deceived. If not, you'll enjoy it.

The Kept Woman
The Kept Woman
by Susan Donovan
Price: CDN$ 8.54
57 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading! :), April 10 2010
That's a good story. About grown adults. Putting true things on the table concerning their deal. Choosing to fall for their attractions, and then to give a chance at them beeing a "real" couple. Jack happens to be quite charming, Samantha quite witty. Both are funny, according to who they are. Children adds funny developpements. And even the bad girl of the story, Christy Schoen is strangely not so detestable... Conclusion: maybe not my favorite from her, but worth the while! :)
Have a good read! :))

Storm of Visions: The Chosen Ones
Storm of Visions: The Chosen Ones
by Christina Dodd
Price: CDN$ 9.49
80 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best of Dodd's but somehow not too bad..., Sept. 3 2009
Okay, the story does not have full action like with the Darkness chosen. Okay, the plot's going slow... But still, I think it's worth reading 'cause each time, when I've started to ground my teeth in annoyment, she surprised me in creating a scene to drag me back into the story. As an example, Jacqueline takes a lot of time to achieve her first vision. BUT, when she came to it, wow! To resume, we could say that there's more about Jacqueline's story than after the Chosen Ones... Maybe there'll be more in the next story (Storm of shadows)? ... So, it's up to you to choose if yes or not it's worth reading...