Profile for Patrick Bueno > Reviews

Content by Patrick Bueno

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Patrick Bueno (Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA)

The The Element of Freedom (Vinyl)
The The Element of Freedom (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 24.00
15 used & new from CDN$ 20.15

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon needs to get proper shipping packages for vinyl..., Jan. 4 2010
This is not a review on the record itself.

I would just like to say that I am displeased with the way Amazon ships its records.
Mine was shipped in a rectangular box that was too small for the record but it was squished flat to the bottom of the box, with bubble wrap on top. When I got the record out it was bent pretty bad on one corner and it was warped with a curve in the middle from being in a box that is slightly too small.
I have read many reviews on Amazon before about this happening but I thought I would try my luck anyway. I have bought a few records off of Amazon now and luckily they weren't warped before, but now that it's happened to me, I thought I would chirp about it here. I thought they were probably isolated cases but it seems it happens a lot. It really sucks to get a warped new record in the mail. What I would like to see is a more appropriate sized shipping box, like a thick, flat one with the record card-backed on both sides, even with a fragile sticker where appropriate. That way we would get a nice flat record with nice sharp corners!
I guess the record will play ok (I opened the box just now), but who wants to pay the cost of a BRAND NEW record and receive a WARPED one with BENT CORNERS???!!!
Even though I might pay a little bit more, I think I will be ordering from my local record shop from now on, unless Amazon changes its shipping methods. It shouldn't be that hard, I've seen the right sized boxes at Office Depot and such.

Sorry for the 1-star review Alicia Keys fans, but you should know I am a huge fan as well. I think she is one of the most beautiful, talented artists out there, period...just for the record. ;)