Profile for M. Chuhna, M. Ed., L.M.H.C., D.A.P.A. > Reviews

Content by M. Chuhna, M. ...

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

M. Chuhna, M. Ed., L.M.H.C., D.A.P.A. (Tampa, Florida USA)

Eat Away Diabetes
Eat Away Diabetes
by Kristine Napier
Price: CDN$ 15.16
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.28

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Methods of Managing Type 2 Diabetes, July 5 2002
This review is from: Eat Away Diabetes (Paperback)
As a Cardiac Counselor/Behavioral Health Specialist, I have been searching for a well-written and comprehensive book on Type 2 Diabetes. Many of my cardiac clients have the additional challenge of dealing with this serious complication. Kristine Napier's new book, "Eat Away Diabetes," not only provided an excellent overview of the disease itself, but delicious recipes that help people to become active in beating their diabetic diagnosis.
I have both professionally and personally seen the damage that Type 2 Diabetes can do to a client's health. Two of my uncles had heart disease, bypass-surgery and eventually lost toes/legs due to Type 2 Diabetes. Kris' book provides the reader with tried and true recipes that enable people to eat well while protecting their hearts and managing their diabetes. There is even a dessert section with yummy entries such as Berry Fresh Cheese Cake and Chocolate Silk Mousse!
As a professional who believes in holistic health and bibliotherapy, I am pleased to have a book with interesting recipes that I can now recommend to my clients. It is very reader and user friendly. I recommend it highly!