Profile for T West > Reviews

Content by T West

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

T West

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
Creating Money: Keys to Abundance
by Roman & Packer
83 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars Money Motivator not a creator, April 14 2004
If your looking for ways to magically make money,then don't buy this book. You will not find ways to hit the lottery or just all of the sudden come across millions of dollars. What this book teaches is to focus on ways to achieve success and create money. Alot of visualazation goes into it,looking inside yourself for answers and thanking the universe when things come your way. How to circulate your wealth with the thought if your give without regret you will recieve. Not to focus worry on paying bills or rent but to pay with happiness that you are able to pay your bills. When you recieve a paycheck,you must be grateful for the paycheck instead of saying is that it. A lot of universal stuff going on here. Just be grateful and things should go your way. Very good book spiritually.

Notes from a Friend: A Quick and Simple Guide to Taking Control of Your Life
Notes from a Friend: A Quick and Simple Guide to Taking Control of Your Life
by Anthony Robbins
Price: CDN$ 11.55
135 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars As always Excellent., April 14 2004
This little ditty is just like a greatest hits from Anthony's books. Quick and to the point. A easy read to give you quick motivation. Also to go with the Robbin's style all the money from this book goes to chairity. So if your not familar with Anthony's teachings-I dont know how you can't be-this is a great place to start plus you are helping out others. Like the book a quick simple review.

Change Almost Anything in 21 Days: Recharge Your Life with the Power of Over 400
by Ruth Fishel
14 used & new from CDN$ 9.34

5.0 out of 5 stars I love affirmations, April 6 2004
I've read many books on how affirmations work. I picked up this one to see what it had to say. To my surprise the book is loaded with all kinds of affirmations to get you through all walks of life. It explains why they work,and why it takes 21 days to sink in the sub-concious. Well I never tried affirmations before so I gave it a shot on this one. Well I must say I started two and I am at about the 21 day mark and they seem to be working. So if you stay positive focused and motivated this should work. If you go into it with an attitude that this is garbage but I will try it you probally wont get anywhere. I am happy to say I have seen some changes in my life from the affirmations. Thanks Ruth.

This Symbiotic Fascination
This Symbiotic Fascination
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Started off great then got pretty corny., April 6 2004
This book started off great,like it was going to be a dynamite grisly murder mystery. Then it took a nose dive into,well just plain old corny. We start off with grisly murder images of women with no idea of the motive or killer. It was edge of your seat. Then all of the sudden we got a vampire a werewolf,and a video tape of some kind of demon,who shows people there biggest fears and kills them. It wasn't a total loss. It was gruesome and like I said started off great,but just too much unrealistic things going on at once. I will read other books by the author.

Midden
Midden
by Tom Sharpe
15 used & new from CDN$ 2.91

4.0 out of 5 stars Not his best,but still hilarious., Feb. 10 2004
This review is from: Midden (Hardcover)
Tom Sharpe is an absolute madman. The Midden is another example of that. Timothy Bright is in his late twenties. Finicial advisor with nothing but a bright future. Then it all goes into disarray when his advice just fails. Totally in debt,Timothy hooks up with the mob,robs his Aunt,and has to frame one of the top judges or else the mob turns him into "piggy chops".
Timothy sets out on his mission,shacks up with his Uncle for a bit before moving on. Tired of Timothy leaching and stealing his tobacco,the Uncle decides to slip some "toad" into the tobacco which Tim has been smoking. Toad is some kind of hallucinogetic that sends Timothy off on his scooter naked at 140 mph. Timothy finds a houseboat,finds a way in and hops into the bed. Unknowingly the house boat belongs to the Chief Constable and the bed is also occupied by the chiefs wife. The chief beats the heck out of Tim and chucks him in the basement. Trying to figure away to dispose of the intruder without causing any seen of finding a naked man in bed with his wife he decides to dump him off at the hated Middens mansion.
It was insane up to this point,then it just gets off the hook. The chief in his worries of getting pinned in dumping the the naked boy,decides he will frame the Middens with acts of child abuse. From here we get bumbling policemen acting like sheep to get closer to the mansion,an old geezer remembering his buffalo hunting days trying to shoot the cops. A church group on a retreat and on and on,and when it all comes down all heck breaks loose.Absolute chaos and hilarity. A must read for Sharpe fans.

You Can Be Happy No Matter What
You Can Be Happy No Matter What
by R Carlson
70 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars All the info you need to be happy., Feb. 6 2004
All the info you need to be happy is contained in this book. Individual thought patterns are explained through out the book,how are emotions control are thoughts and how we make decisions based on the emotions we are experiencing controled by thought patterns. The decision to be happy or upset or angry are the results of thoughts. If we learn to control are thoughts or rather do not make decisions until are thought patterns are in the right frame of mind we could live a happier life. It seems difficult to change thought patterns when you are highly upset or angry,but with patience and persistence,thoughts can be controled to a happier way of thinking.

ROGUE WARRIOR'S STRATEGY FOR SUCCESS: COMMANDOS PRINCIPLES OF WINNING CASSETTE: A Commando's Principles of Winning (The Rogue Warrior)
4 used & new from CDN$ 9.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Seals approach to success., Feb. 3 2004
When I first put this tape in I thought to myself what the heck is this guy going on about. But I kept on going. It will grow on you. Richard's navy seal strategy to success is definitely one of the original motivational tapes out there. With a warriors attitude and what the author describes as "Testical Fortitude" you know your in for a ride. The author takes real navy missions and turns them into business strategies. With a philosophy of breaking rules only hurts the person who made the rules Richard just puts a foot in the face of whoever stands in the way. Dont be a follower. Set the standard not live up to it. Its a very inspiring look at a different approach to success. Exciting and motivating.

Man's Search for Meaning an introduction to Logotherapy
Man's Search for Meaning an introduction to Logotherapy
by Viktor E. Frankl
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
32 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Kinda basic but interesting., Feb. 3 2004
The first half of this book is the authors struggles held in a Nazi prison camp during the second world war. No matter how many times we here these stories they still hit you hard. But to survive the atrocities commited in these situations takes a mental attitude of the most extreme strength.
The second half of this book is a term called logotherapy. The Doctor decribes this as how are thought patterns can make us or break us in intense situations. How some prisoners lost all hope and eventually died or got sick. And how some just continued to hope and made it. It tries to describe the meaning of life that man is always asking himself. The doctor actually says that the meaning of life is the meaning that you give it in any certain situations. I like that philosophy. Other than that the basic concept I got from it is you think your way to happiness or gloom.

Success Secrets: Letters to Matthew
Success Secrets: Letters to Matthew
by Richard Webster
Price: CDN$ 10.76
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent motivator., Jan. 27 2004
I was surprised to see how easy it was to read this book. It was a well wrote book about how to motivate yourself in whatever you do. To find your passion in life and that when you do it wont even seem like your working. Uplifting,motivating,inspirational. I could not put it down till I was finished. No need to go on and on. Just a very cool book.

The Dog Catcher
The Dog Catcher
by Alexei Sayle
11 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Alexei is the best, Dec 17 2003
This review is from: The Dog Catcher (Hardcover)
Alexei Sayle is a comic genius with a twisted darkside to his humor. I read this book in a couple of days because I just had to see what the next story delivered. A couple of the stories could be best compared to koans,I had to sit back and just try to put it all together. I would if I could detail each tale and try to pick the best or worst but I can't,for all the stories had there own little vibe and left me with different feelings.
Another great job by Alexei. I would love to se a full length novel in the future.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8