Profile for moulton72 > Reviews

Content by moulton72

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"moulton72" (Ontario Canada)

by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Audio CD
10 used & new from CDN$ 130.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Addendum!, Feb. 9 2004
I'm a big LOTR fan. I hoped to find this a way to enjoy the books while walking, etc. And up to now it has been wonderful.
The production of this audiobook is great (five stars)--the care in putting it together physically is nil stars--so I've opted for three.
Inglis manages to bring Middle Earth and its inhabitants to life--and while some say he sounds bored at times, I think it may be that curious "story-telling" inflection, not boredom at all. It's like having someone tell you a rousing good story without being over dramatic and loud. No musical distractions No bombast, no sound effects. Just a warm, jolly voice telling me a great tale. Although I must say I was disappointed not to hear the prologue.
However, I am missing disk 16. I see someone else is missing disk 15. I wonder if the makers were in a rush to get some product out there after the success of the films, and were a bit lax in quality control.
I wish to make it clear that in NO way do I blame AMAZON for this problem. They have been more than fair...and I am quite happy with their service and wouldn't hesitate to deal with them again. I will also say that the package arrived almost a full month before I expected it! I will put it down to a freak of packaging.
Still...one anticipates, and I am disappointed.

by J. R. R. Tolkien
Edition: Audio CD
10 used & new from CDN$ 130.04

3.0 out of 5 stars Missing disk!, Feb. 9 2004
Don't get me wrong, I love this book, this audio CD version as well! So far...I too have TWO disk 15s and NO disk 16!!
I waited MONTHS for AMAZON.CA to finally admit they couldn't get it, finally "lucked out on AMAZON.COM and now this.
I am SERIOUSLY displeased!