Profile for Sorele > Reviews

Content by Sorele

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Sorele (Oregon)

Kadosh [Import]
Kadosh [Import]
VHS
2 used & new from CDN$ 20.87

1.0 out of 5 stars Response from an orthdox woman, Nov. 17 2002
This review is from: Kadosh [Import] (VHS Tape)
It's an interesting phenomenon that if someone looks at a thing and wants to find a trait in it, if they look hard enough they will find what they are looking for regardless of whether or not that trait is there. Kadosh is an example of this.
Much of what is in this movie is completely made up, and the rest is taken completely out of context. It was made by a secular Jew, not someone familiar with the subject (or if he is at all familiar, he is very biased), and is about as representative of Orthodox society as the human characters in the movie Chicken Run are representative of humans.
I might add that I was born Jewish but that I became Orthodox by my own choice, and that I have never felt discriminated against as an orthodox woman.
If I were to show you a movie and tell you that it is a political propaganda film, you would take it with a grain of salt. If I were to show you a movie and tell you that it is a racially biased propaganda film, you would take it with a grain of salt. But people accept the movie Kadosh as fact, when it is really one of the saddest types of slander around - it is a Jewish director targeting other Jews. For some people this might add credence to his message. I don't find that it does so. I could make a film about my very helpful neighbor. We have a lot in common - we are women and we live on the same street. But if I chose I could make a movie portraying her as a real pain in the neck... and people would accept this just because they think the opinion of someone who has met her is objective. It isn't. The director may be Jewish, but he has a completely different background from the people he thinks he is portraying. He has probably been fed the same biased opinions regarding orthodox Jews as you have, by watching his movie. These are strong words, but I consider this movie pre-digested slander. Be discriminatory in your decision to believe it.