Profile for Bap > Reviews

Content by Bap

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Bap

Castle: The Complete First Season
Castle: The Complete First Season
DVD ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: CDN$ 19.47
33 used & new from CDN$ 13.17

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series, April 22 2013
When Castle was first aired on TV I wasn't a big fan. I found Rick Castle a walking ego and Kate Becket too intense and unbending. They were stereotypes but after watching the DVD a couple of times I've come to appreciate where the producers were going with the characters. By the end of the first season you could see Beckett starting to unwind a little and Castle maturing from the little boy he was protrayed.
Both actors are good at their craft and draw us in with their acting. The writers give us original stories which compel us to continue watching.
If you enjoy a well told story, good acting, interesting characters, you'll love Castle. I've bought all 4 seasons and can't wait for season 5 to be available.

Castle: The Complete Fourth Season
Castle: The Complete Fourth Season
DVD ~ Nathan Fillion
Price: CDN$ 19.47
32 used & new from CDN$ 15.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Gotta love these two, April 22 2013
I've seen all the episodes of Castle from season 1,2,3 and 4 and found this season to be the most satisfying. Rick Castle has grown as a person so much since he started working with Kate Beckett. He's more serious, more mature, but still has the playful side of him that is so appealing. And Kate has mellowed and is more relaxed, less intense and is able to smile and have fun once in awhile. I love the relationship Rick has with his daughter and mother. It's a side of him you that is welcome and endearing.
The producers have wisely given us a mix of very intense episodes intermixed with more "lighthearted" murders. I don't think it would be as interesting if every week we were on the edge of our seats chewing the insides of our mouths wondering what will happen next.
I enjoy the supporting cast was well though miss Captain Montgomery so much. Captain Gates isn't much fun and I hate the fact she likes being called "Sir" though I understand her reasoning.
I can't wait to get Season 5 so I can watch this year's episodes again.

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season (Sous-titres franais)
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Fifth Season (Sous-titres franais)
DVD ~ Jim Parsons
Price: CDN$ 14.47
28 used & new from CDN$ 14.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Still funny after 5 years, Sept. 13 2012
I've enjoyed all 5 seasons of the Big Bang Theory and was thrilled when my copy of Season 6 arrived yesterday. Thanks Amazon.ca for being so fast in delivery.
The show continues to be brilliantly written and acted. Bernadette and Amy have added so much to the cast and watching Howard become less slimy around women and Sheldon become more human around Amy has been gratifying. The show still makes me laugh. I grew up with a "Sheldon" next door- his name was William and his parents were like Leonard's. Those people do exist. Looking forward to Sept. 27th when the 6th season starts. Keep the laughs coming.

The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season
The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Third Season
DVD ~ Johnny Galecki
Price: CDN$ 14.47
40 used & new from CDN$ 9.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bang for your Buck, June 9 2011
Big Bang Theory never disappoints, laughs every few minutes, quirky humour and terrific acting. If you liked Season 1 and 2, you'll love season 3 with the added feature of Howard and Raj leading you on a tour of the set. Also enjoyed the casual interviews with the cast sitting around the coffee table. Can't wait for Season 4 to come out in DVD, and for Season 5 to begin in the fall.