Profile for Nina > Reviews

Content by Nina

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Nina (Florida)

Teen Witch: Wicca for a New Generation
Teen Witch: Wicca for a New Generation
by Silver RavenWolf
Price: CDN$ 14.08
59 used & new from CDN$ 0.18

1.0 out of 5 stars This is for teens?, Nov. 10 2002
Ok, let's get some basic facts out of the way first. I am a teenager. An older teenager, to be sure, and a cut above the rest in intelligence, but a teenager all the same. The first real book I came across when I first began to study paganism was "To Ride..." I thought it was ok. Not outstanding, but ok. I read a few of Scott Cunningham's books, and then i come across this one. Upon seeing the title, my first reaction was, "Huh? I thought 'To Ride...' WAS written for teens!" And you know what? I still think it was, along with a lot of other books supposedly aimed at adults over 40. The problem with being a good reader is that not very many books challenge you into actually thinking. This one is on the opposite end of the spectrum. My advice is not to read this if you're over twelve, and not to read any of Silver's other books if you're over fifteen.

The Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
The Rider-Waite Tarot Deck
by Arthur Edward Waite
Edition: Cards
Price: CDN$ 15.85
25 used & new from CDN$ 14.62

3.0 out of 5 stars An OK deck, June 11 2002
This review is from: The Rider-Waite Tarot Deck (Cards)
When I become interested in a subject, I research it. The Tarot is no different. I bought this as my first deck based on the reviews here at amazon, and in various books and online sources. The symbolism is very rich, but i found it incredibly difficult to read and interpret. The reason is a simple matter of personal aesthetics: the cards are ugly. Because I didn't like them, I fought them every step of the way. Because of the rich symbolism, this is a very good deck for a seasoned expert, or someone who likes to look at them, but they are definitely not for me.

Pagans & Christians: The Personal Spiritual Experience
Pagans & Christians: The Personal Spiritual Experience
by Gus diZerega
Price: CDN$ 15.12
37 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars To Dig Through Scholarly Fluff, Sept. 25 2001
I managed to get through about half of this book. As I was reading, I got the impression that everything Dr. Dizerega had to say could be summed up in a paragraph or two, and had to fill it out with quotations and excessive research just to have a book to publish. Overall, mostly fluff, but worth buying for the gems it contains.