Profile for Kardek > Reviews

Content by Kardek

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kardek "plabo" (Richmond, VA USA)

AWAKENED IMAGINATION
AWAKENED IMAGINATION
by NEVILLE
Price: CDN$ 10.51
23 used & new from CDN$ 3.31

5.0 out of 5 stars For REAL Christians indeed!, May 28 2004
This review is from: AWAKENED IMAGINATION (Paperback)
To the reviewer who says that this material is not for Christians, a view which is endemic, especially in the more fundamentalist groups, how about the following quote from the Man himself?
"Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be taken up and cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." (Mark 11:23-24)
This is EXACTLY what Neville is recommending to do, no more, no less. Don't try to learn about Jesus from so-called "Christians"!

Frights
Frights
13 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dark fantasy anthology, May 22 2003
This review is from: Frights (Mass Market Paperback)
This is a great collection of dark fantasy stories in the tradition of the original, classic Twilight Zone. I you like those old Rod Serling type stories, you'll like these too. I liked them so much that I've always remembered the title of the book, even though I read it about fifteen years ago.

Mutant Message Down Under
Mutant Message Down Under
by Marlo Morgan
106 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars go to [...], Sept. 3 2001
I read this book in 1994, and it read like something written by a new-ager who went to the library to gather some info on Australia, and then put her beliefs on paper with an Aborigine twist on them. Although at the time I was sort of a new-ager myself, even I could smell something rotten. If you read critically, the very language she uses TELLS you that it's a hoax--it's just too new-age! If your interest is to see what Aborigines really believe and practice, and not to indulge your new-age appetite, then get something else. I'm amazed at people who say that they don't care if the story is real or not, because it so appeals to their new-age souls...this book is seriously misrepresenting the people of a REAL, as well as ancient, spiritual tradition. And those people are upset!!
If you want to read about how this book has been received by the real Aboriginal community, go to [...] You'll be glad you didn't buy it. Myself, I'm glad I returned mine as soon as I finished it--I couldn't stand owning it.