Profile for Marko Vuorsalo > Reviews

Content by Marko Vuorsalo

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Marko Vuorsalo "m_vuorsalo" (Turku, Finland)

Symphony No. 8 In Full Score
Symphony No. 8 In Full Score
by Gustav Mahler
Price: CDN$ 21.26
29 used & new from CDN$ 19.91

5.0 out of 5 stars The biggest and most powerful symphony ever written, June 27 2001
This symphony is so big, that if one has any chance to read the score while listening to it, do it! The score has revealed so many details about this great work that my opinion about it has changed totally! At first when I heard this, all I could hear was the song, and it didn't tell me anything, but now with the score in hand, I can see the different melodies used with the cross-references all over, and I can follow the progress of the sonata form in the first movement, which is so ingeniously developed that one can barely trace it, but it still follows a very logical consistency. All this I could only see when I read the score! Now this is one of my very favourite works of music!

Symphony 1; Songs Of A Wayfarer
Symphony 1; Songs Of A Wayfarer
Price: CDN$ 17.05
31 used & new from CDN$ 6.45

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Mahler conductor does the best job!, April 2 2001
I remember when I first listened to a Mahler symphony, and I was NOT impressed at all, but when I heard Kubelik conducting the 1st, I was blown away by the powerful, simple yet so complicated music of this genious composer, who I must recommend everyone and anyone reading this to listen to. The 1st Symphony is the best way to introduce yourself to this music. Anytime I get depressed, I just listen to the finale of this piece, and I get in such a good mood instantly, and the "Victory Celebration" at the end is so powerful, that I almost cry tears of joy! If you get a chance to hear this one, take it!!!

Symphonies No.s 5 & 7
Symphonies No.s 5 & 7
Price: CDN$ 11.08
36 used & new from CDN$ 4.53

5.0 out of 5 stars The most intense Beet 5th and 7th!, Sept. 17 2000
This review is from: Symphonies No.s 5 & 7 (Audio CD)
This was the very first recording of classical music I ever got, and ever since, I've been hooked. Even my friends at my school, when they heard the magnificent C-Major opening of the Finale of the C-minor symphony, thought it was superb! They had never heard anything like it, they said! They are not classical music-fans, but they were amazed by the wildly extatic Finale to the 7th symphony too... If young guys who never have liked classical music say that this is good music, it can't get any better!