Profile for K > Reviews

Content by K

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K

Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Easy Spanish Novels) (Spanish Edition)
Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Easy Spanish Novels) (Spanish Edition)
Price: CDN$ 1.05

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy and kind of fun., Oct. 19 2014
I was probably looking for something more intermediate, but this is a well-written, extremely simple story. It also got me reading, since it was so gentle.

Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 (T-Mobile), Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515  (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S2 X T989D (Telus), SPH-L700 (Sprint)
Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 (T-Mobile), Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S2 X T989D (Telus), SPH-L700 (Sprint)
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: CDN$ 29.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely thrilled., Oct. 19 2014
So far this battery is great! My phone was purchased second-hand and, after having it for almost a year, my phone was not lasting all day. I have been testing the new battery by setting my phone's screen to full brightness and using power-sapping apps and my battery still lasts longer than a day! A definite improvement. The battery arrived in a plastic pack with a warranty and other information and looked brand new.

I also wanted to mention something ridiculous: my battery arrived THE NEXT DAY from AnkerDirect. (I live in Ottawa, ON.) It was fantastic and very unexpected!

If anything becomes less than satisfactory, I will edit my review. For the time being, I am a very happy camper!

The Billionaire's Obsession: The Complete Collection Boxed Set (Mine For Tonight, Mine For Now, Mine Forever, Mine Completely)
Price: CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and enjoyable, March 13 2014
I liked everything about this set. Very easy to read, well written, and likable characters. The first book hooked me, and the last book satisfied me.

The History of Mary Prince A West Indian Slave
The History of Mary Prince A West Indian Slave
Price: CDN$ 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very moving, authentic feel, Dec 9 2013
No one will ever know how much of this narrative is truly the words of Mary Prince, but I still feel like this is one of the most authentic of the early slave narratives.

The piece is well-formatted and readable. It could be improved by a table of contents to skip to various portions, but since I rarely use a table of contents anyway, and since it's a fairly short piece, not much is lost.

Worth reading. Be warned that it's sad and moderately graphic.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great companion product, Nov. 27 2013
I love this wash. I love that it's super-concentrated so that one little bottle lasts almost forever. I love that it's 100% natural and unscented. I love that it is pH balanced so that I don't have to worry about using it on sensitive areas. The wash specifies that it is external only, so be aware of that. It works beautifully on anything that needs to go in there.

Diva Cup Model 1 Pre-Childbirth
Diva Cup Model 1 Pre-Childbirth
Offered by Maple Leaf Naturals
Price: CDN$ 37.38
8 used & new from CDN$ 33.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Revolutionary, Nov. 27 2013
This review is from: Diva Cup Model 1 Pre-Childbirth
I have been using this product for years and have never gone back. The chances of leaking are very small: the same as tampons and less than pads. The first time using it, it feels weird, and you get to know yourself a little better, but from your second use onward, it is infinitely more comfortable and convenient than any other product. You can use it for 12 hours at a time without worrying, you help the environment, AND you save tons of money. I LOVE my DivaCup!! I will never feel icky again!

Work and Days
Work and Days
Price: CDN$ 1.12

3.0 out of 5 stars Translated by David Grene, Sept. 30 2013
This review is from: Work and Days (Kindle Edition)
I think that the kindle version is not the same as the print version, because mine says "Translated by David Grene", not by Tandy and Neale. Fairly difficult read, but probably accurate. I have no background in Greek mythology.

Red is Best
Red is Best
by Kathy Stinson
Price: CDN$ 1.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in a miniature., Feb. 8 2012
This review is from: Red is Best (Paperback)
I was very happy with how quickly the book arrived. This was one of my childhood favourites, but my excitement was severely dulled by the fact that this book is a ninth the size of the original! How can I enjoy and be immersed in the book when I can hardly see the detail? Very disappointed. Now I'm reluctant to re-buy this in the larger size because this book feels like a waste.