biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Learn more snsflyour Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools ca_ty_gno
Profile for K > Reviews

Content by K

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K

Page: 1 | 2
iKross Cooling Pad cooling for ASUS Chromebook C200MA-DS01/ C300MA-DB01
iKross Cooling Pad cooling for ASUS Chromebook C200MA-DS01/ C300MA-DB01
Offered by emaxland
Price: CDN$ 7.95

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay product for very low price, Feb. 7 2016
I will continue to use this fan, since it does solve my netbook-sized laptop's overheating issues, but I might not have bought it if I had known what the quality was like. I folded the legs out then back in only once, and one broke immediately. Now I use it with three legs, so it only makes an esthetic difference, but the plastic is cheap. I don't expect this product to last for years.

When I first got the fan, it was pretty quiet, but that only lasted for a week or so. Just being carried in my backpack (I was not rough and it was nestled in nicely) jostled the fan enough that it is audible over the rest of the laptops in my small classroom.

PROS:
- cheap
- very light (HUGE plus if you have back problems or lots to carry)
- compact (but don't fold it in if you can help it)
- good for netbook-sized laptops
- works

CONS:
- very fragile
- some noise
- small laptops may only have one USB port

Norpro Glass Froth Master
Norpro Glass Froth Master
Price: CDN$ 14.90
13 used & new from CDN$ 14.16

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't ship well, Jan. 19 2016
Broken on arrival. Didn't get to use it.

Tech Armor Samsung Galaxy S3 S III Premium Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protectors with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [3-PACK] - Retail Packaging
Offered by Tech Armor CA
Price: CDN$ 6.95

Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Eats, Shoots and Leaves
Offered by HarperCollins Publishers CA
Price: CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very good. You will not be disappointed., Oct. 11 2015
One of my favourite books of all time; it is so informative, hilarious, and well-written that I have now read it twice. My love of this grammar book nearly rivals my love of Harry Potter and Sherlock Holmes. That is no small claim.

LuguLake Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, Wired, USB, 1000 DPI, Right Hand Stress Relieving - Black
Offered by LuguLake Direct CA

The No Brainer Wardrobe: Feel More Like Yourself
The No Brainer Wardrobe: Feel More Like Yourself
Price: CDN$ 8.73

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all good for me., July 30 2015
It reads more like a diary than a helpful book. No doubt it will help some, but I have gotten better advice from free web pages before.

I will say that if you truly identify with the writer's personal style as per her blog, you will enjoy the walk-through of her process.

The visual formatting is also mediocre, but that did not influence my reading or my rating.

The Victorian Mystery Megapack: 27 Classic Mystery Tales
The Victorian Mystery Megapack: 27 Classic Mystery Tales
Price: CDN$ 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction to new authors of Victorian mysteries, Jan. 23 2015
Any fan of the Sherlock series will ADORE this collection. You will inevitably like some authors better than others, but it's refreshing to be exposed to so many other period mystery writers. I can't wait to look up some other works by my couple of favourite new authors!

Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind Box Set
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind Box Set
by Hayao Miyazaki
Price: CDN$ 50.99
18 used & new from CDN$ 50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 10/10 would recommend, Jan. 23 2015
10/10 would recommend to any Nausicaa lover who's always wanted the whole series. Amazing value and very good edition. The paper is even slightly sturdier than the 7 book series. Entirely happy that I bought this.

Spanish Novels: Muerte en Buenos Aires (Spanish Novels for Beginners - A1) (Spanish Edition)
Price: CDN$ 1.29

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy and kind of fun., Oct. 19 2014
I was probably looking for something more intermediate, but this is a well-written, extremely simple story. It also got me reading, since it was so gentle.

Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 (T-Mobile), Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515  (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S2 X T989D (Telus), SPH-L700 (Sprint)
Anker® 2200mAh Li-ion Battery for Samsung Galaxy S2 T989 (T-Mobile), Samsung Galaxy Nexus SCH-I515 (Verizon), Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-I727 (AT&T), Samsung Galaxy S2 X T989D (Telus), SPH-L700 (Sprint)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely thrilled., Oct. 19 2014
So far this battery is great! My phone was purchased second-hand and, after having it for almost a year, my phone was not lasting all day. I have been testing the new battery by setting my phone's screen to full brightness and using power-sapping apps and my battery still lasts longer than a day! A definite improvement. The battery arrived in a plastic pack with a warranty and other information and looked brand new.

I also wanted to mention something ridiculous: my battery arrived THE NEXT DAY from AnkerDirect. (I live in Ottawa, ON.) It was fantastic and very unexpected!

If anything becomes less than satisfactory, I will edit my review. For the time being, I am a very happy camper!

Page: 1 | 2