march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage SmartSaver Furniture Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Registry
Profile for G. Perry > Reviews

Content by G. Perry
Top Reviewer Ranking: 712

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

G. Perry (Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2
The Imitation Game [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
The Imitation Game [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Benedict Cumberbatch
Price: CDN$ 15.00
12 used & new from CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars This Great Hero of World War II, helped prevent all of us from being been under Hitler's dreams to this very day!, Sept. 15 2015
I just love anything to do with the British cracking the codes of the enemy. The people of Bletchley Park were such an integral part of the allies winning the war. What a shame to a hero of the Second World War to have to face such discrimination after the war. Thank goodness, and thank you, Queen Elizabeth I,I for bringing this person to his proper place in society and being recognized as a hero. What a shame he never lived to see this revelation by his country, coming to it's senses and lifting this man up to Hero Status! If he hadn't cracked the Enigma code machine, God help us! Could you imagine a 1000 year Reign of the evil Nazis. What would our lives be like now????

In Like Flint / Our Man Flints
In Like Flint / Our Man Flints
Offered by USA_Seller_4_Canada
Price: CDN$ 49.01
10 used & new from CDN$ 48.16

5.0 out of 5 stars Move over 007, Here comes Our Man Flint, Sept. 15 2015
Great to Get the Soundtrack to these two movies. I still think Bond is Number 1...or is that 007. But James Coburn almost makes it as far as that other "James". You know the one with the license to Kill! The spoof of the JB flics were good and I do enjoy the music theme to Flint.

GHOST & MRS. MUIR-SEASON 2
GHOST & MRS. MUIR-SEASON 2
Offered by Paragon OS3
Price: CDN$ 89.82
2 used & new from CDN$ 45.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Same Comments for Season 2, as Season 1. You need to get this series..Excellent for FAMILY Viewing., Sept. 14 2015
This review is from: GHOST & MRS. MUIR-SEASON 2 (DVD)
What can I say? Exactly the same way I reviewed for the 1st season..here is the review:..."What a wonderful show to see yet again. I loved it as a youngster and I still love it today. The movie, ( sold as a separate dvd), with Rex Harrison and Gene Tierney, was just as wonderful too. What a warm FAMILY show this is. Suitable for all ages. Better than the trash they put on nowadays that certainly ISN'T suitable for young ones. Come to think of it Older ones too!!"

GHOST & MRS. MUIR-SEASON 1
GHOST & MRS. MUIR-SEASON 1

5.0 out of 5 stars A show Suitable for ANYONE. Family Friendly Viewing., Sept. 14 2015
This review is from: GHOST & MRS. MUIR-SEASON 1 (DVD)

Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 5 (U.K. Edition) [Blu-ray]
Masterpiece: Downton Abbey Season 5 (U.K. Edition) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Elizabeth McGovern
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 37.54
23 used & new from CDN$ 29.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Usually in the UK editions there are a few minutes/scenes that haven't been edited out like the North American release, Jan. 1 2015
This is in response to Mrs. B's, and "LIGHTSPRINGS'", reviews, who both, INCORRECTLY believe, or state, that they cannot play the "UK Edition". Even though it says "UK Edition", this is a region "A" bluray,or region 1 dvd, produced by PBS in the United States. PBS is NOT in the UK, thus only produces, Region "A" blurays or region 1 dvds, that DO PLAY in North America. What "UK Edition" means is, the BLURAY AND DVD release by PBS, is the same release format, of the show, as the United Kingdom's release format, of the show. The only difference is, in the United Kingdom, their Blurays are region "B" and region 2 for the dvd. Usually in the UK editions, there is NO scenes that have been edited out, unlike the North American release, that has scenes cut. As far as Downton Abbey is concerned, the "UK Edition" tends to be more desirable. Hope this will clear up the confusion for everyone.

Skyfall  [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
Skyfall [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Price: CDN$ 32.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 007.....Licence to Kill..The Name's Bond..James Bond., Nov. 29 2012
This is the highly anticipated 50th anniversary Bond film. What a ride. Stupendous!! Bond's back and what a thriller. I think of Daniel's 3rd time out as Bond as being his best. Lot's of action and suspense. Next to Connery, I think Daniel is the best Bond yet. What a surprise at the end of the film though. The scenery in the film is also outstanding through Scotland, my home nation, and a change to have most of the content to take place in MI5's jurisdiction as opposed to Bond's MI6 jurisdiction. I personally think they are going to have a difficult time coming up with a bigger Bond film for the next time out. Definitely a must buy to complete my Bond 50 Blu-ray collection.

Marvel's The Avengers [Blu-ray + DVD]
Marvel's The Avengers [Blu-ray + DVD]
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: CDN$ 14.99
36 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, BUT!!!! Watch Out!!!, Sept. 26 2012
I purchased this Blu-ray plus DVD but found out that it won't play on my Samsung BD-UP5000 player since upgrading the firmware on this machine to ver 1.6. Not the movie's fault (Disney) but rather the support from Samsung, So I had to watch the SD Dvd instead. Fantastic Action and it is making me want to get the other Marvel movies like Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America, which I don't have at the moment. Looking forward to a sequel of this movie and I believe I heard it was in the works..

Philips PD9000/379 -Inch LCD 5-hr playtime Portable DVD Player (Black)
Philips PD9000/379 -Inch LCD 5-hr playtime Portable DVD Player (Black)
29 used & new from CDN$ 159.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be made multi-region with remote., Aug. 4 2012
This philips portable dvd 9 inch PD9000 dvd player can be made a multi-region player by entering in a code on the remote to the unit. Excellent machine. Have had it now for 9 months and no problems with it playing my British or Australian dvds/

The Three Stooges: The Complete Collection--1934-1959
The Three Stooges: The Complete Collection--1934-1959

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuyk! Nuyk! Nuyk!, Feb. 14 2012
This is it! What a wonderful collection to own. All 8 sets in one collection ranging from 1934-1959. This has brought back the laughs of my childhood again. Got it at a fantastic price just before Christmas. Would have been willing to pay twice the price for this collection. This is slapstick comedy at it's best. You have to own it.

CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU? THE COMPLETE FIRST
CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU? THE COMPLETE FIRST
DVD ~ CAR 54 WHERE ARE YOU: COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
Price: CDN$ 78.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 27.10

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand the complaining of this series!!!, Aug. 27 2011
This is a very entertaining series as comedies from the early 60's goes. Take it for what it is. So what if some of the episodes are out of order. Does it really matter? And the packaging is fine. My disks certainly are fine as well. I always look after my disks and these disks I have had since the dvd was released and I have had NO problem with taking them in and out of the packaging many times. You just need to be a little careful that's all. Anyway I am looking forward to the second series to be released hopefully soon. Do get the series on dvd it is worth it and all the laughs are worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2