Profile for G. Perry > Reviews

Content by G. Perry

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

G. Perry (Canada)

Skyfall  [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
Skyfall [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
Price: CDN$ 13.49
17 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars 007.....Licence to Kill..The Name's Bond..James Bond., Nov. 29 2012
This is the highly anticipated 50th anniversary Bond film. What a ride. Stupendous!! Bond's back and what a thriller. I think of Daniel's 3rd time out as Bond as being his best. Lot's of action and suspense. Next to Connery, I think Daniel is the best Bond yet. What a surprise at the end of the film though. The scenery in the film is also outstanding through Scotland, my home nation, and a change to have most of the content to take place in MI5's jurisdiction as opposed to Bond's MI6 jurisdiction. I personally think they are going to have a difficult time coming up with a bigger Bond film for the next time out. Definitely a must buy to complete my Bond 50 Blu-ray collection.

Marvel's The Avengers [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
Marvel's The Avengers [Blu-ray + DVD] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Robert Downey Jr.
Price: CDN$ 21.99
31 used & new from CDN$ 21.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie, BUT!!!! Watch Out!!!, Sept. 26 2012
I purchased this Blu-ray plus DVD but found out that it won't play on my Samsung BD-UP5000 player since upgrading the firmware on this machine to ver 1.6. Not the movie's fault (Disney) but rather the support from Samsung, So I had to watch the SD Dvd instead. Fantastic Action and it is making me want to get the other Marvel movies like Iron Man 2, Thor and Captain America, which I don't have at the moment. Looking forward to a sequel of this movie and I believe I heard it was in the works..

Philips PD9000/379 -Inch LCD 5-hr playtime Portable DVD Player (Black)
Philips PD9000/379 -Inch LCD 5-hr playtime Portable DVD Player (Black)
11 used & new from CDN$ 175.48

5.0 out of 5 stars Can be made multi-region with remote., Aug. 4 2012
This philips portable dvd 9 inch PD9000 dvd player can be made a multi-region player by entering in a code on the remote to the unit. Excellent machine. Have had it now for 9 months and no problems with it playing my British or Australian dvds/

The Three Stooges: The Complete Collection--1934-1959
The Three Stooges: The Complete Collection--1934-1959
2 used & new from CDN$ 120.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nuyk! Nuyk! Nuyk!, Feb. 14 2012
This is it! What a wonderful collection to own. All 8 sets in one collection ranging from 1934-1959. This has brought back the laughs of my childhood again. Got it at a fantastic price just before Christmas. Would have been willing to pay twice the price for this collection. This is slapstick comedy at it's best. You have to own it.

Car 54 Where Are You?
Car 54 Where Are You?
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 48.92
24 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I don't understand the complaining of this series!!!, Aug. 27 2011
This review is from: Car 54 Where Are You? (DVD)
This is a very entertaining series as comedies from the early 60's goes. Take it for what it is. So what if some of the episodes are out of order. Does it really matter? And the packaging is fine. My disks certainly are fine as well. I always look after my disks and these disks I have had since the dvd was released and I have had NO problem with taking them in and out of the packaging many times. You just need to be a little careful that's all. Anyway I am looking forward to the second series to be released hopefully soon. Do get the series on dvd it is worth it and all the laughs are worth the money.

A Bit of a Do (1989)
A Bit of a Do (1989)
DVD ~ David Jason
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 115.97
22 used & new from CDN$ 37.29

2.0 out of 5 stars More Drama than Comedy, May 29 2010
This review is from: A Bit of a Do (1989) (DVD)
I was rather disappointed in this program as it is advertised in the UK as a comedy-drama. I found very little comedy and pretty much all drama. I was surprised when there is such a stellar cast of comedians, like David Jason, Gwen Taylor, Stephanie Cole, Tim Wylton, and Paul Chapman. If I knew that this wasn't so funny, I would have given it a miss.

Quantum of Solace [Blu-ray]
Quantum of Solace [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Daniel Craig
15 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The name's Bond......James..Bond. Shaken and not Stirred., Feb. 9 2009
Daniel Craig..what can I say. This is a continuation of Casino Royale, and what a continuation. Loaded with action, adventure, and excitement. I thought Sean Connery was great as Bond,...but whoooo Daniel. I saw this movie twice in the theatre and can't wait for it to come out this March on Blu-ray. I will be first in line to purchase to add to my Bond collection.

The Love Boat: Season 2, Volume 1
The Love Boat: Season 2, Volume 1
DVD ~ Gavin MacLeod
Price: CDN$ 22.99
20 used & new from CDN$ 17.84

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful cruise from the comfort of my lounge chair., Feb. 9 2009
I think it is wonderful that we can watch a show from my youth that had me dreaming every Saturday night about where we would be sailing to.
I don't agree with one person's comment on only getting 1/2 a season on one set. Remember these are 1 hour equivalent episodes that we are watching. When you purchase other full one hour seasons of other shows it does work out to approx. the same money layout.It's not a rip off.

The Love Boat: Vol. 1, Season 1