Profile for Lillian > Reviews

Content by Lillian

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Lillian (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Learn Spanish the Gringa Way: The Easiest Way for English Speakers to Learn Spanish
by Erin Ashley Sieber
Price: CDN$ 20.83
12 used & new from CDN$ 19.74

4.0 out of 5 stars learning spanish made easy, May 11 2015
I have always loved the sound of the Spanish language and often said that if I was capable of learning a language, beyond English and a little sign language, it would be Spanish. Well, I finally got my chance!...Whenever I check out a book I am often interested in how eco-friendly it is and while this soft cover book is printed on acid-free paper, it has no recycled content or any mention of carbon offset. ...I’m excited to study this book and it will certainly be a member of my personal library collection for life

Mother's Day Gifts 180 Cosmetics Pure Swiss, Hyaluronic Acid Serum + Vitamin C - No Needles Needed & Highest Concentration of Hyaluronic Acid Skincare Line - Designed to Fill Fine Lines & Wrinkles to Plump Smooth & Hydrate For Younger Looking Skin. Anti Aging - Anti Wrinkle - Instant Lift Solution - Strengthen- Face Lift - Tone - Rejuvenate - Facelift, Gift Ideas For Mother's Day
Offered by Expederm - experts in natural skincare
Price: CDN$ 14.98
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.98

3.0 out of 5 stars I think with products like these it is always a personal thing – some ..., May 11 2015
I think with products like these it is always a personal thing – some people with have reactions, others might not see positive results, and still for others they may have a good deal of improvement of wrinkles and softer skin. Most of the reviewers who had something positive to say were saying it didn’t really give them anti-aging qualities but certainly gave them softer skin, and some people did find the fine lines around their eyes were not as pronounced.
Personally, I found the product doesn't measure up to the other brand I tried - my face definitely flushed red and felt hot, but it soaked in easily. I'm not sure I'd purchase this myself, but would certainly recommend others try it

Dual Cable Clips - Wire Organizer / Cable Management System - High Quality 3 Pack - Authentic 3M Self Adhesive for Long Lasting Hold - Perfect Cord Organizer for Your TV, iPhone, Smartphone, Cell Phone, Desktop, Computer Wires, USB Cords
Offered by C-Mall Canada
Price: CDN$ 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Drummers - musicians - studios, May 8 2015
All in all – I have to say that we are impressed and pleased with the product. Musicians should definitely have this in with their gear – sound studios and recording studios would greatly benefit from the clips, too. We highly recommend this product.

Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar's Way to Transform Your Dog . . . and Your Life
Be the Pack Leader: Use Cesar's Way to Transform Your Dog . . . and Your Life
by Cesar Millan
55 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't rate this book high enough!!!, Jan. 16 2008
Cesar’s Way

Cesar Millan is one of the most sought-after dog rehabilitation experts of all time and his Dog Psychology Center (Los Angeles, CA) experiences more than 100 calls per day. He is most famous for the Nation Geographic Channel’s Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan TV series, which is currently in the fifth season. However he has appeared on numerous television programs, as a guest on popular talk shows and has been profiled in numerous magazines. He works tirelessly as a lecturer and an author of two best-selling books. His wife Ilusion, which I can tell you from personal experience, has created a revolutionary collar to help owners be the leader during walks. The couple has also founded a wonderful charitable organization known as the Cesar and Ilusion Millan Foundation where they provide financial support and rehabilitation expertise to shelters.

Cesar’s television show offers DVD’s for season one through four for those who are interested in owning a copy. He also offers several DVD’s through his website dealing with specific issues, such as bringing a puppy into a home and how to start the training. Readers can find articles, advice, short videos and more at: [...]

His first book, Cesars Way, was on the bestseller list for 15 weeks in a row and there are over a million copies in print. His second book, Be the Pack Leader, Use Cesar’s Way to Transform Your Dog… and Your Life, is bound to be equally embraced by dog-lovers, if not more so.

In this book Cesar offers an in-depth look at the methods he uses and the principles of dog psychology. This book goes deep in to the psychology of dogs and humans and offers realistic tips on how to become a pack leader at home, and in life. Over and over Cesar reiterates that everything revolves around the handler’s energy. I found that changing my responses and feelings were certainly the key to handling our two young and energetic dogs and noticed an immediate change in their responses. The book also delves into Cesar’s background and his personality, which I could relate to quite well.

I was amazed at examples of extreme cases such as the two pit bulls that were trained to fight with other dogs, but when they failed their owners they were abandoned with their wounds and one was even doused in gasoline and set aflame. Yet Cesar shows us that even these dogs can be rehabilitated and the abused animals can enjoy a long, healthy and happy life with the people they love. Both our dogs are rescued animals and it gives us such hope for them to know that if those poor animals could survive and thrive after an experience like that, ours will be just fine.

Be the Pack Leader, Use Cesar’s Way to Transform Your Dog… and Your Life has a suggested retail price of $25.95 (US), which is a bargain for a self-help book of this genre and for its size, 336 pages. It is made for heavy handling and is protected with both a durable hard cover and a glossy slipcover. Be the Pack Leader, Use Cesar’s Way to Transform Your Dog… and Your Life is also available as a Random House audio book and an ebook. Cesar co-wrote this book with Melissa Jo Peltier, who is an executive producer and writer for the Nation Geographic Channel’s Dog Whisperer with Cesar Millan TV series. Harmony Books recently released the book in Oct 2007 and yet it is already becoming a common topic for dog-lovers.

My husband and I have been big fans of Cesar’s TV show, and rent the DVD’s at our local video store quite often. (We choose not to have cable TV). When I noticed the title come up on the list of available books to review at Curled-Up With a Good Book, I was excited and thrilled to send in my acceptance for the project. When the box of review projects arrived in the mail, my husband took this copy to read as soon as he saw it in the stack. He was lucky that I was already involved in another project! It was an experience I will not soon forget. This book is certainly destined for our reference shelf, and will never leave our hands – its just too valuable!

Rating 8 out of 5 stars.

~ Lillian Brummet: co-author of the books Trash Talk and Purple Snowflake Marketing, author of Towards Understanding; host of the Conscious Discussions radio show ([...]

Stones & Bones [With CD]
Stones & Bones [With CD]
by Char Matejovsky
Price: CDN$ 23.35
24 used & new from CDN$ 0.67

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, Nov. 9 2007
Author Char Matejovsky has partnered up with illustrator Robaire Ream to create an exceptional children?s book that teaches through rhyme and incredibly detailed images. I feel the book would be most appropriate for children aged between 5 and 9.

Stones & Bones would appeal to children, classes and families interested in scientific study of history, anthropology, dinosaurs and early man. Stimulating, full-color images challenge the mind and educate at the same time as supplying a sense of comfort through the cozy, family-like scenes. They are so detailed that the more one looks at the illustrations, the more one sees.

The 32-page hard cover book does not have a slipcover, but seems to be of high quality. The pages feel thick and sturdy. It is accompanied by a CD that contains the ?stones & Bones Song: The Song of the Meadowlark? performed by the Santa Rosa Children?s Chorus. The pianist was Mark Osten, the lyrics and music were created by Char Matejovsky and it was directed by Carol Menke. With this long list of contributors I came to realize how this book became such a wonderful creation. I certainly appreciated the phonetics glossary at the end of the book. Parents, grandparents and teachers are encouraged to visit the stonesandbonesbook.com website, which they will find is a valuable resource.

I encourage parents to pick up this book for their young ones ? it?s never too early to learn. Without hesitation, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

True Green: 100 Everyday Ways you Can Contribute to a Healthier Planet
True Green: 100 Everyday Ways you Can Contribute to a Healthier Planet
by Kim Mckay
Price: CDN$ 24.95
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars well-written, Oct. 19 2007
I thought this was a well written book - you should definitely consider "True Green" and another book I enjoyed that is very similar only more focused on showing the individual they are truly powerful, that they can find a positive lifestyle and leave a lasting legacy... "Trash Talk - An Inspirational Guide to Saving Time and Money through Better Waste & Resource Management"... These are both excellent books!

The Green Book: The Everyday Guide to Saving the Planet One Simple Step at a Time
by Elizabeth Rogers
Price: CDN$ 12.24
92 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars wonderful, Oct. 19 2007
A fun and interesting look at an important issue. I thought this was a wonderful book - you should definitely consider "The Green book" and another book I enjoyed that is very similar only more focused on showing the individual they are truly powerful, that they can find a positive lifestyle and leave a lasting legacy... "Trash Talk - An Inspirational Guide to Saving Time and Money through Better Waste & Resource Management"... These are both excellent books!

Living Green: A Practical Guide to Simple Sustainability
Living Green: A Practical Guide to Simple Sustainability
by Greg Horn
Price: CDN$ 17.10
69 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars very good!, Oct. 19 2007
I thought this was a wonderful book - you should definitely consider "Living Green: a Practical Guide to Simple Sustainablilty" and another book I enjoyed that is very similar only more focused on showing the individual they are truly powerful, that they can find a positive lifestyle and leave a lasting legacy... "Trash Talk - An Inspirational Guide to Saving Time and Money through Better Waste & Resource Management"... These are both excellent books!

It's Easy Being Green: A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living
It's Easy Being Green: A Handbook for Earth-Friendly Living
by Crissy Trask
Price: CDN$ 17.99
58 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent!, Oct. 19 2007
I thought this was a wonderful book - you should definitely consider "It's Easy Being Green" and another book I enjoyed that is very similar only more focused on showing the individual they are truly powerful, that they can find a positive lifestyle and leave a lasting legacy... "Trash Talk - An Inspirational Guide to Saving Time and Money through Better Waste & Resource Management"... These are both excellent books!

An Inconvenient Truth: The Planetary Emergency of Global Warming and What We Can Do About It
by Al Gore
Price: CDN$ 26.95
116 used & new from CDN$ 0.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, Oct. 13 2007
Excellent - do buy this book! I loved it. While you are here, check out Trash Talk (ISBN#141372518X) which helps individuals make a real and measureable difference in their communities and in the world... simply through better waste and resource management!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3