Profile for tall robb > Reviews

Content by tall robb

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

tall robb "tallrob" (Toronto, Canada)

Capote / in Cold Blood Set [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
Capote / in Cold Blood Set [Blu-ray] (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Philip Seymour Hoffman
Offered by torontomediadvd_com
Price: CDN$ 54.88
4 used & new from CDN$ 54.88

5.0 out of 5 stars A great double feature, June 7 2009
I've always been a fan of the black & white classic "in Cold Blood". It looks spectacular now on Blu-ray, a strong image with presence and rich blacks and detail. Pairing it up with Capote was a great idea and the two films are a good compliment, one a well made "Bio pic.-Drama" pic. of Truman Capote the author of the original book and the other, the great film based on the book... a great buy and a good addition to my Blu-ray collection.

Nintendo DS Lite Cobalt and Black
Nintendo DS Lite Cobalt and Black
23 used & new from CDN$ 51.82

5.0 out of 5 stars A very pleasant surprise, May 11 2008
Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Cobalt and Black
I've resisted getting any hand held game system for a long time. Brain Age got me interested in trying a DS. I love it. The Deep blue colour is really a nice rich colour. a very grown up aesthetic to see the black and blue colour combo.
My personal test of any simple electronics device or software is basic: without reading instructions, how much can I just figure out by trying it out. Well The DS won the test. I opened the case, flipped open the top on the unit , switched on and the first thing that happened was a welcoming setup screen that was very straightforward to use. Very user friendly from the word go. The screens are great, the size and layout of controls are pretty intuitive.

Had a ball with it from the word go. So I have to eat my words about hand helds as kids stuff because I was totally engrossed by the interactive experience: touch screen, voice recognition, electronic writing pad and sound sensitive too, with some games. I got Brain Age to start with and it uses the DS functions very well. Not a childish game or system, if you don't want it to be.

I'm a forty something man that has always had just a casual players love for gaming and realized what a great way to pass the time while commuting. Test my IQ and "exercise" my brain, do sudoku or maybe even dip into a bit of Mario for some fun. I look forward to more fun and interesting games & applications with it. A comfortable gaming system with great functionality and a broader range of age appropriate games, for many types, than you might expect.