ARRAY(0xb1228a80)

Profile for Papa > Reviews

Content by Papa

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Papa

HP Pavilion Elite h8-1030 Desktop PC (Windows 7)
HP Pavilion Elite h8-1030 Desktop PC (Windows 7)

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon 5 Star. HP 1 Star, Feb. 8 2012
I bought this Desktop to upgrade my old Dell computer. It's 9 Years old and has a hard time keeping up. Looked at the consumer report ratings and HP showed Top 3 units. Ordered the computer and Amazon did a great job getting it to me. Set it up and turned it on. "Got a CPU Fan Fail. Shutting down CPU" warning. Called HP Support right away. Opened it up to try a few things and I noticed the internal aux fan was unplugged from the mother board. Plugged it in but no change in the boot up. Worked for 1.5 hours with support. I can now take apart and put back together the thing but can't get away from the CPU fan Fail. Told the support guy that I didn't want them to fix this one, I wanted a new unit. He said he would have to escalate that request and a supervisor would contact me within 48 hours. I didn't realize at the time that Amazon would exchange it for me but was mad at HP. My new Dell has arrived and I still havent heard a thing from HP. Returning the unit to Amazon was very simple and quick. Hats off to Amazon as their part in this was blameless! If someone at HP had bothered to get back to me, I may have had a different story to tell.