Profile for Canadian Chick > Reviews

Content by Canadian Chick

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Canadian Chick (Kitchener, Ontario Canada)

Yellow Crocus: A Novel
Yellow Crocus: A Novel

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, lovely, lovely book!, July 22 2014
I loved this book. It was sweet, poignant and a very enjoyable read.
I finished reading it an airport where I would normally be distratced by noise and people, but nothing could distract me from reading it. However, I did feel like a bit of a goof when the tears started to stream down my face and I had no tissues. I had to keep sniffling and wiping my eyes in the airport. Fabulous book.

The Unraveling of Abby Settel
The Unraveling of Abby Settel
by Sylvia May
Price: CDN$ 15.79
19 used & new from CDN$ 12.48

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, Sept. 19 2011
The Unraveling of Abby Settel is a wonderfully written debut novel. Abby is a character that is easliy identifiable and watching her navigate through the unexpected changes in her life is something to which many people can relate. Sylvia May has written a wonderful novel that flows well from beginning to end. I look forward to reading more from this new author.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 14.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 4.6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 2.7-Inch LCD (Orange)
4 used & new from CDN$ 576.42

1.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic is a pain for Canadians!!!!, June 10 2010
I bought the predecessor of this camera. The TS1. I bought it in December. In May I went to Bermuda and took it underwater and the next day it completely died on me. Here is the kicker.... Since I bought it from Amazon.ca, it is stilled considered an American product (Amazon is American), therefore the Canadian Panasonic will not do anything for the warranty. The US Panasonic will service it but will only ship it to the US, so unless you have friends or family who live in the states, you are screwed. They did not repair my camera either - they replaced it with a refurbished TS2. I called to complain but it was to no avail. They will do NOTHING for me. So now I have a refurbished camera that is not even the model that I bought. Anytime I have bought anything refurbished, it has always died on me. I told them I do not want refurbished - if something goes wrong, I need to send it to the states again, have them ship it to a friend, and have my friend ship it to Canada. If you buy it from a Canadian retailer, if anything goes wrong, they will send you a postage paid envelope to mail it back and if they cannot repair it, they will give you a NEW one.
Up until the camera died, we liked it - but for $400 or so, I am shocked that it died in 5 months.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS2 14.1 MP Waterproof Digital Camera with 4.6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom with 2.7-Inch LCD (Silver)
Offered by Urban Inspirations
Price: CDN$ 726.67
2 used & new from CDN$ 726.67

1.0 out of 5 stars Buying Panasonic from Amazon is a pain for Canadians!, June 10 2010

Surviving Paradise: One Year on a Disappearing Island
Surviving Paradise: One Year on a Disappearing Island
by Peter Rudiak-Gould
12 used & new from CDN$ 10.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, Jan. 17 2010
I really enjoyed this book. It opened my eyes to a culture that I knew nothing about. Although one might think that it would be nothing but dreamy to live on a tiny island paradise, the author shows the good, the bad and the ugly. It was very entertaining and educational.