ARRAY(0xaf851e40)

Profile for SlyFox > Reviews

Content by SlyFox

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

SlyFox (Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Christmas Lodge
Christmas Lodge
DVD ~ Erin Karpluk
Price: CDN$ 14.95
26 used & new from CDN$ 4.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, Nov. 17 2012
This review is from: Christmas Lodge (DVD)
This movie will satisfy bible thumpers. There is no reason for movies with heavy christian overtones in 2011. The best example of a movie with a spiritual message without thumping us on the head with a bible is the Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant. How come in the 1940s they were capable to make such a movie and in 2011 we are served this drivel by christians foaming at the mouth. They cannot accept that people spirituality relies less and less on religions. The acting was bad, the directing was bad and I am embarrassed to say that this was made in Canada. You can make a good family movie without serving us this type of rubbish. I bought the movie and I will throw it in the garbage. I have a heart and I could not expose another human being to this piece of crap.

Prancer DVD Repackage
Prancer DVD Repackage
DVD ~ Sam Elliott
Price: CDN$ 6.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie, March 8 2012
This review is from: Prancer DVD Repackage (DVD)
I enjoy this movie every year at christmas time. It is simple and tells the story of a young girl and her love for Prancer which she tries to save. It is a very good family movie for all.

Miracle on 34th Street [Import]
Miracle on 34th Street [Import]
Price: CDN$ 23.17
13 used & new from CDN$ 5.22

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good remake, Nov. 16 2011
It is rare that we see good remakes of classics, but in this case it is a winner. We have to remember that the story had to be adapted to a new era. They did it without losing the beauty of the orginal story, its lessons and the magic. I love it and I listen to both versions every year during the holiday season.

Bridesmaids
Bridesmaids
Price: CDN$ 14.98
5 used & new from CDN$ 14.98

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad!, Nov. 16 2011
This review is from: Bridesmaids (DVD)
I love comedies a lot, but I have to say that in the past 5 years we rarely see a good one. This one is no exception! GOD, IT WAS BAD!!!!! Everything is MORE than predictable and they are not even funny doing it. I felt bad for the main character and that's not suppose to happen when you watch a comedy! We are suppose to laugh when we watch a comedy not feel bad. I had high hopes for this one but the creators of Knocked Up and the other bad comedies strike again. I don't understand how one person can say they laugh from beginning to end. It is beyond my comprehension!!!!!! It seems they try to re-capture the magic of movies like There's Something About Mary and the first few American Pie, just to name these ones, and they fail miserably. I already got rid of my copy.

Halloween: Special Edition Unrated Director's Cut (2007) [2-Disc DVD]
Halloween: Special Edition Unrated Director's Cut (2007) [2-Disc DVD]
DVD ~ Scout Taylor-Compton
Offered by Kay's Movies
Price: CDN$ 12.99
21 used & new from CDN$ 1.48

1.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre, Aug. 1 2011
I watched this version of Halloween the other day and it is a shame that Zombie was allowed to remake this classic horror film. He failed completely and made it a trailer trash bloodbath. Nothing more! I will not watch his remake of Halloween 2. I can honestly say, save your money or go down memory lane and watch the original.

Battle: Los Angeles / Mission : Los Angeles (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
Battle: Los Angeles / Mission : Los Angeles (Bilingual) [Blu-ray]
DVD ~ Aaron Eckhart
Price: CDN$ 16.98
17 used & new from CDN$ 4.68

1.0 out of 5 stars Crapola!!!, July 13 2011
This movie has all the cliche that Hollywood can throw in a Alien invasion war movie. The one star was for the aliens. Hollywood is dying because they want to make money more than making good movies. Don't buy or rent this movie because it is not worth it at all and I wish I could get my time and money back. The critic that compared this movie to District 9 should be sued by the writer and the director of District 9.

Christmas in Connecticut (Bilingual)
Christmas in Connecticut (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Barbara Stanwyck
Price: CDN$ 9.93
31 used & new from CDN$ 2.78

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful! :), Dec 14 2010
This feature film is the type of movie that puts a smile on my face. It is one of my favorite Christmas movie that I watch in the last two weeks prior to Christmas day. It is light hearted and does not pretend to be an oscar contender. It simply lifts your spirit and make you wish you would be part of the cast. If unsure try to rent it and decide if it worth buying it. You might end up making it part of your traditions during the holiday season. Also, Barbara and Dennis were so cute together.

Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season
Supernatural: The Complete Fifth Season
DVD ~ Jared Padalecki
Price: CDN$ 18.99
23 used & new from CDN$ 9.94

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the previous seasons, Sept. 23 2010
I was very anxious to see the 5th season, but unfortunately the show's quality is going down. I guess it is not a bad idea that they will stop the show after six seasons. The main actors said they are stopping after their contracts run out. There are some good moments, but this year it is all about their darkness and Dean always doubting Sam. It seems they are out of fresh ideas and they decided to take a dark alley with their characters There are some long scenes that can be aggrevating, you lose sympathy for them and to make matters worse they feel sorry for themselves to the point you wish you could slap them. They are basically in a bad mood 90% of the time and that includes Bobby. I think they are stretching it a bit too much with their deaths and resurrections. I hope for the final season they will do better. We'll have to wait and see!!!

Better Off Ted S1 [Import]
Better Off Ted S1 [Import]
DVD ~ Jay Harrington
Price: CDN$ 27.99
19 used & new from CDN$ 22.99

5.0 out of 5 stars So Funny, Sept. 7 2010
This review is from: Better Off Ted S1 [Import] (DVD)
I just found out that they cancelled this show... O.o GRRRR!!!! Are they out of their minds!!! It's been a while since I watched a show that is funny. I just don't get it... The Office has been on forever and it is just one HUGE snore fest and this REALLY FUNNY comedy comes along and they cancelled it after 2 seasons. I just wish I had the excutives (commonly call the morons in charge)at front of me so I can bitch slap them until they come to their senses. I want this show back for at least another 5 years. SIGH!!!!!! :(

Buy it because it is just pure silly fun.

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
10 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Movie!!!, June 27 2009
This is without a doubt one of the best movie of 2008. It is about life and how it feels to be different from others. I enjoy it as much as Milk, Doubt and The Reader. It is a wonderful story even if it is a long movie. I enjoyed it so much, but it is not for the hyperactive people or the ones who are suffering of attention defenciency syndrome. Brad Pitt seems to be getting better and better at his craft. Cate Blanchet once again proves she is one of the best actress. If you like to relax and have time to think of what is going on in a movie... this one is for you.

Page: 1 | 2