Profile for K. LENOVER > Reviews

Content by K. LENOVER

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

K. LENOVER "mellowing" (Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Spider Woman's Daughter
Spider Woman's Daughter
by Anne Hillerman
Price: CDN$ 14.43
11 used & new from CDN$ 8.96

1.0 out of 5 stars Diasappointing, Feb. 24 2014
I am on page 175 and I've decided that I'm not interested enough in the plot or the characters to invest any more of my time.

Whistling Past the Graveyard
Whistling Past the Graveyard
by Susan Crandall
Price: CDN$ 18.17
26 used & new from CDN$ 14.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Didn't Want It to End!, Jan. 11 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this 'coming of age' novel. Didn't think I'd ever come across a child narrator as captivating as Scout in ' To Kill a Mockingbird' but Starla could give her a good run for the money. At times I was so exasperated by her character that all I could do is just shake my head in disbelief but by the end of the story she had matured so much that you found yourself rooting for her with every revelation she figured out through her experiences, both good and bad. You found yourself actually caring about the characters presented which is no mean feat. Would recommend this book to anyone - especially to those who have read and reread 'To Kill a Mockingbird.

Agatha Christie's Poirot: Series 2
Agatha Christie's Poirot: Series 2
DVD ~ David Suchet
Price: CDN$ 39.74
20 used & new from CDN$ 30.14

5.0 out of 5 stars More please!, Jan. 8 2014
Poirot never fails to entertain. In a world of 'reality' tv these dvds are such a refreshing change and a treat to watch. Intelligent scripts based on Agatha Christie's books keep the 'grey cells' working in an effort to solve the mysteries before Poirot does. As always the acting is superb and we look forward to each and every episode.

Orphan Train: A Novel
Orphan Train: A Novel
by Christina Baker Kline
Price: CDN$ 8.99
52 used & new from CDN$ 4.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Well researched tale, Jan. 8 2014
This review is from: Orphan Train: A Novel (Paperback)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book. Story of teen named Molly and 91 year Vivian. Circumstances throw these two together and over the course of a few short weeks they discover how much they have in common. Both characters are likable and believable and you learn to appreciate what each one has gone through. Very well researched from life in Ireland, life as an unwilling participant in the social experiment dubbed 'the orphan trains' and life as a foster child. Engrossing book. Read it in two days and don't regret the time invested. Will look for her other novels now.

Agatha Christie's Poirot: Series 1
Agatha Christie's Poirot: Series 1
DVD ~ David Suchet
Price: CDN$ 39.74
23 used & new from CDN$ 23.62

5.0 out of 5 stars Beats TV!, Jan. 7 2014
The whole family just loves Poirot and his little grey cells! Intelligent mysteries backed up by great acting! So much better than anything you might find on tv. Why is it the British come up with quality programming while the American and Canadians can only serve up garbage with few exceptions? Try this little Belgian dectective. You'll love him.

Totally Bamboo 20-6628 Expandable Trivet (Brown)
Totally Bamboo 20-6628 Expandable Trivet (Brown)
Price: CDN$ 16.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, Jan. 7 2014
These trivets are perfect. They can be used for just about any sized dish. Liked the first one I bought so much I asked for a second one for my birthday (and got it). Love them.

The Pecan Man
The Pecan Man
by Cassie Dandridge Selleck
Price: CDN$ 10.86
17 used & new from CDN$ 7.02

5.0 out of 5 stars Enthralling, Jan. 7 2014
This review is from: The Pecan Man (Paperback)
As soon as I finished the last page of this novel I went searching for others by Cassie Dandridge Selleck. From what I can gather it is her first.
The story centers around Ora Lee Beckworth, a recently widowed woman, a homeless man she hires to do yardwork and her maid of many years and her children. It tells a tale of lies and secrets devised to protect a small child and those around her. This tale was once described as a cross between To Kill a Mockingbird and The Help, two of my favourite novels. Highly recommended!

Reconstructing Amelia: A Novel
Reconstructing Amelia: A Novel
by Kimberly Mccreight
Price: CDN$ 17.55
41 used & new from CDN$ 2.73

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, Jan. 7 2014
What a great debut novel. Took me a few chapters to get into it but once I did I couldn't put it down. Some books that go back and forth from one character to another are just plain annoying but this one did it in such a way that it built suspense. Will certainly be looking forward to more from Kimberly Mccreight.

Gone Girl: A Novel
Gone Girl: A Novel
by Gillian Flynn
Price: CDN$ 18.77
50 used & new from CDN$ 2.85

3.0 out of 5 stars Uneven to say the least, July 15 2013
This review is from: Gone Girl: A Novel (Hardcover)
For all those who have not read any of Flynn's novels please note that all of her books are peopled by disturbing, dysfunctional and dark characters. Really enjoyed her first novel Sharp Objects but hated her second, Dark Places. Thought I had hit upon another winner and that her second book had been an anomaly. Plot had me hooked until about two thirds of the way through when things became more than a little predictable. I had not been able to put it down but when both main characters were shown to be thoroughly nuts I lost a little of my enthusiasm but I was determined to 'see' what the outcome was going to be. The ending was thoroughly unsatisfying as one of the characters did a complete about face which I could not fathom. Be forewarned.

Missing: The Secrets of Crittenden County, Book One
Missing: The Secrets of Crittenden County, Book One
by Shelley S Gray
Price: CDN$ 10.82
49 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars Part One - Be Warned, July 7 2013
This book was an easy read but I felt ripped off when I discovered that it was the first of a trilogy and nothing was really resolved or wrapped up in this first installment. I would have to pay $45 plus to get the 'whole' story and I'm not about to do that as the plot was not all that original.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5