Profile for B. L. Adduci > Reviews

Content by B. L. Adduci

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

B. L. Adduci "lle" (PA)

Page: 1 | 2
Beauty and the Beast (Disney Special Platinum Edition)
Beauty and the Beast (Disney Special Platinum Edition)
DVD ~ Paige O'Hara
Offered by M and N Media Canada
Price: CDN$ 184.30
8 used & new from CDN$ 41.89

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, Oct. 26 2002
this is a very good movie, and the DVD release fully accentuates the goodness of the film. it comes with a french language track, the real french version (not dubbed in Québec), and there are many extras on the two CD set. i would have liked to have also seen a spanish and italian track, but life's not perfect. there is also an extra musical sequence, and the movie was quite fun to re-watch!

The Pocket Oxford Greek Dictionary
The Pocket Oxford Greek Dictionary
by J.T. Pring
Price: CDN$ 12.96
39 used & new from CDN$ 6.24

4.0 out of 5 stars good dict., Aug. 1 2002
This is a decent, solid dictionary. It has some typos, as in the very first page, but it has the words I need and the greek font it mostly clear. It was a good price, and so I recomend it, although I know better are out there!

201 Modern Greek Verbs
201 Modern Greek Verbs
by Vassilios Christides
Price: CDN$ 14.43
36 used & new from CDN$ 1.00

4.0 out of 5 stars etsi kai etsi, July 28 2002
This review is from: 201 Modern Greek Verbs (Paperback)
I'm learning modern Greek and thus I needed a conjugation book to help me. This one is not the best. There is not a good verb conjugation book out there - yet. (If only 501 verbs would publish one!) In the 70s or 80s, the Greek language was modified. Before, there were many accents and Greek was more complicated. Now, there is typically only one accent per word, but this book isn't new enough to reflect that major change in the Greek language. For example, "ãgapó" - to love (i love), is written like that with two accent. In the new standard Greek, it's just 'Agapó". This is a good reference though, it does have complete conjugations, but not enough verbs. Also, sometimes the print is hard to read. But, if you want a reference source for Greek verbs, this is the best I've found.

Collins Gem Russian Dictionary
Collins Gem Russian Dictionary
by HarperCollins Publishers
14 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars let's take a second look, July 28 2002
I own at least 8 Collins Gem Dictionaries for various languages. This product is a fine dictionary. I have always been pleased with Collins Gem language products, and their pocket dictionaries are indeed very mobile and durable. About the lack of Russian pronunciation - I'm not an expert in Russian, and of course there are exceptions and dipthongs that one must learn - but Russian IS A PHONETIC LANGUAGE! Why would you need a pronunciation guide? Learn the sounds of the Alphabet and you'll be able to pronounce it fine! It's not a difficult alphabet - try learning arabic and you'll appreciate the Cyrillic alphabet. Indeed!

Eyewitness Phrase Book: Greek (with cassette)
Eyewitness Phrase Book: Greek (with cassette)
9 used & new from CDN$ 64.52

4.0 out of 5 stars good product, April 6 2002
this is a pretty good phrase book
it comes with a tape, and make the pronounciation thus much easier and more benificial. this only have key phrases, enough to get a fairley solid base in greek from which one can expand. the key feature for me it the take, there is also the version w/o the tape for 6.95 i believe. it's worth it to pay more for the tape

The Faculty (Widescreen)
The Faculty (Widescreen)
DVD ~ Jordana Brewster
8 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the BEST movie in the world.!!!, Dec 14 2001
This review is from: The Faculty (Widescreen) (DVD)
This is the best movie in the world! It was exciting and you never knew what would happin next! It was scary but, a kool kind of scary. The characters that played the part were very good... the matched the character that they were playing very well!

I Know What You Did Last Summer
I Know What You Did Last Summer
by Lois Duncan
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
63 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

2.0 out of 5 stars I Know, Dec 14 2001
Me, being a very big fan of Lois Duncan well, I was very dissapointed in the book. I saw the movie first and I guess that spoiled it. In my opinion, the movie was a lot better. The book wasn't very exciting and after seeing the movie it was dry with excitment and dull.

Harpercollins French Concise Dictionary, 2e
Harpercollins French Concise Dictionary, 2e
by HarperCollins Publishers
Price: CDN$ 18.36
29 used & new from CDN$ 2.88

5.0 out of 5 stars pourquoi ne l'aimez-vous pas alors?, Dec 12 2001
I own this Dictionary, and it is my second french dic. after the Collins Gem pocket one. This dic. is complete enough to satisfy all the words I need to look up, was a great grammar section, tells usage and examples of important words and has cultural highlights. To refuke what the other reviews say, I've had mine for a year, I use it often, and her spine and pages are still well intact. Maybe I was lucky, but mine is used and no where close to falling apart. Ça me semble que vous avez un peu de mal change là, n'est-ce pas?

Romanza
Romanza
Price: CDN$ 17.33
78 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars La sua música è bellisima!!!, Dec 2 2001
This review is from: Romanza (Audio CD)
When I first heard Andrea Bocelli, I thought opera, and I didn't give him a chance. However, I recently heard one of the songs on this CD. Vivo Per Lei is absolutely the most beautiful and powerful song I have ever heard in my life. For that song and Con Te Partirò, I bought the CD, and after listening to the entire CD, I was very impressed. What BEAUTIFUL music! Andrea Bocelli takes me away. "Vivo per lei perche me fa vibrare forte l'anima, vivo per lei e non è un peso." [In reference to music] I live for her because she makes my soul vibrate strongly, I live for her, and it's not a weight [burden]." Listen to this amazing CD, hear those words and you can see for yourself how passioned Andrea is about his music. I'm just learning Italian, but possi dire che la sua música è di il suo cuore! (His music is from his heart.) Buy this CD, you may be surprised and at the very least, spiritually moved!!! = )

Babylon 5: The Gathering/In the Beginning (Widescreen, 2 Discs)
Babylon 5: The Gathering/In the Beginning (Widescreen, 2 Discs)
DVD ~ Michael O'Hare
Offered by OMydeals
Price: CDN$ 43.34
9 used & new from CDN$ 1.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome movie, Sept. 21 2001
Alot of my friends make fun of me for loving Babylone 5, but I have found in this series something special that holds my attention episode after episode. This movie is the first, and in my opinion, the best. It portrays the Earth-Minbari war, the the graphics, storyline, and acting are superb. A must see for any science fiction fan, although it does help to know the backstory to B5. Our last best hope for peace....

Page: 1 | 2