Profile for SSK > Reviews

Content by SSK

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

SSK

The Floral Knitting Book - Or, The Art of Knitting Imitations of Natural Flowers
Price: CDN$ 3.40

1.0 out of 5 stars no pictures, June 12 2014
What is the point of a book of intricate knitting patterns with no images. Patterns are impossible without images to follow.

The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars
by John Green
Price: CDN$ 10.99
49 used & new from CDN$ 9.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Work of Fiction, Jan. 22 2012
This review is from: The Fault in Our Stars (Hardcover)
What a beautiful book. Green has found the truth, deep sadness and lots of humour in the story of teenagers living with cancer. His prose is delicious, literate, poetic and but with a forward momentum that makes it impossible to put the book down. This a book with big ideas and is ultimately life affirming.

It was an equally great read for my teenage nerd-fighting daughter and for me. I highly recommend it.

I hate to sully my review for this wonderful book by mentioning the massive failure of Amazon.ca to deliver on the promise of signed copies but there is no place else to mention it. Epic fail. It will make me think twice about ordering from Amazon ever again. But I am a fan for life of John Green.

Triptych
Triptych
by J. M. Frey
Price: CDN$ 15.12
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, April 20 2011
This review is from: Triptych (Paperback)
Once I started, I simply couldn't put it down. I whipped through it and then was very sorry when it was over. Here's hoping for another from J.M. Frey very soon.