Profile for Chris Letempt > Reviews

Content by Chris Letempt

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Chris Letempt (Bentonville, AR)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Lucky
Lucky
Price: CDN$ 17.06
46 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible!, Feb. 11 2004
This review is from: Lucky (Audio CD)
I am so happy to have a new album from Melissa! She is back and completely on her game. This album is much more upbeat and hopeful, compared to the darker "Skin".
My favorite track on this album is "Secret Agent". What an incredible song! My wife and I were lucky enough to hear a preview of this song at her concert in Charlotte 2 years ago and wow! It absolutely rocks and is definitely full of "hidden meaning" while making you just have to dance.
The rest of the album is just as good and so listenable. As for her band, they have to be one of the most underrated in the world. Take a listen to the smoothest bass and driving drums in music today. And of course, Melissa with her signature guitar playing.
I can tell that "Breakdown" will have some new competition for the cd player in the car. All I can say is, Thank you Melissa. You absolutely rock! Keep 'em coming. We are listening!

Star Trek Shattered Universe
Star Trek Shattered Universe
6 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Why is it so hard to do?!?!, Jan. 30 2004
Why is it so hard to produce a good, quality, well thought-out Star Trek game? Not since Birth of a Federation has there been a really good ST game.
The game showed much promise, especially since we would finally get to see some of Captain Sulu in action (without a bloated Kirk interfering). I really enjoyed the animations of Sulu and Chekov. They are really well done.
With that said, the rest of the game is pretty bland. As mentioned by one of the other reviewers, space is primarily black! What is up with all the colorful nebulas? It greatly detracts from game play and makes it really hard to fight the enemy ships. Yes, the game designers got to show their artistic side... great... but that is not why I play the game!
And as for the fighters, I would think that 24th century fighters would have better targeting systems than that of WWII aircraft. Yes, you can lock on to a target and keep track of it, but no, your weapon systems are not smart enough to do the same. Dont think so, folks!
I would have really enjoyed a chance to get at the helm and weapons of the Excelsior. Such a grand ship would have had a field day on those pesky fighters...
I'm afraid this one is just a rental. Sorry. Please keep trying guys! I want a really good ST game. PLEASE!!!!!

Sacred Love
Sacred Love
Price: CDN$ 12.44
56 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive and Enlightened, Jan. 1 2004
This review is from: Sacred Love (Audio CD)
Once again, Sting has created another masterpiece. I always look forward to his next album, and this time was no different. And as usual, the album is a complex and entertaining mixture of recurring themes, complex melodies, and new ideas. Never one to fall back to the same repetitive themes, Sting has apparently embraced his new decade(his fifth)of life and is exploring and applying his knowledge and experience. And why not listen to him???
This album broadcasts a message to those who want to hear it. "Send Your Love" is a rallying call for all of us to wake up, get over our pettiness, and love each other. Simple message, cool and driving songs. I would say there is something for everyone on this album.

Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters (Bilingual)
Tsui Hark's Vampire Hunters (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Ken Chang
Offered by e-moveo
Price: CDN$ 4.99
25 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh, the torment..., Aug. 22 2003
I could not finish watching this movie. It is horrible. Anyone who would dare to compare this to "Crouching Tiger" should check into a mental ward! Do yourself a favor and skip this stink bomb!!! Remember, I WARNED YOU!!!

Band of the Hand (Sous-titres français)
Band of the Hand (Sous-titres français)
DVD ~ Stephen Lang
Offered by mostlymusic-ca
Price: CDN$ 149.77
3 used & new from CDN$ 71.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!, Feb. 16 2003
This is a great movie. At the time, Miami Vice was king (still is to me)and this has the same flavor, just with a coming of age storyline. The charachters are kind of like a group from the Magnificent Seven and the Dirty Dozen combined. All in all, a fun action movie with some good messages just under the surface. Biggest thing about this movie is the incredible soundtrack! Used to have the tape, and would kill for a cd.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling (Musical Episode)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Once More with Feeling (Musical Episode)
Price: CDN$ 17.01
18 used & new from CDN$ 9.60

5.0 out of 5 stars "First I'll kill her, then I'll save her...", Oct. 5 2002
This is an incredible soundtrack from one of those rare shining moments of network television. Being a Buffy fan, this is a definite treasure for me. I was so impressed by the talent of this ensemble. Finally, my mp3 disc can be replaced with a professional copy!
Amber Benson is incredible. This woman has so much talent. She shines above everyone else on this disc. We can only hope she will be appoached to do an album or another musical. Besides having the voice of an angel, she is also now quite the accomplished film maker with her new short movie, "Chance" which stars both her and Buffy alumni, James Marsters. What a delightful person she is. What a shame she got such a raw deal from the show's producers by having her charachter killed off in such a lame and horrible way. But, I digress...
James Marsters is the epitome' of cool on this show. Spike sings from the heart about his love for Buffy. Very touchingly and achingly done in a Billy Idol/Brian Setzer rockabilly kind of way. He really delves into the duality of Spike, wanting to be the big bad, yet bound by his feelings for the slayer. This guy can sing. Check out his website and find a way to get his band, "Ghost in the Robot"'s cd.
Sarah Michelle Gellar was very impressive with her vocals also. Her voice was really very surprisingly pleasant to listen to. Going through the Motions is one of my favorite songs and alltime favorite scenes.
Anthony Stewart Head, what can I say, this guy is amazing. He has such a soothing voice. Truly a talented man who we all need to hear more from. His own cd, "Music for Elevators" is awesome. He truly sings from the heart and almost effortlessly shows us how concerned Giles is for Buffy's future. Really cool. What a shame they didn't put his other singing parts from other shows on this disc!
Xander and Anya's number is lots of fun. Poor Willow, her singing is timid, yet ever so cute. The extra music from the episodes "Hush" and "Restless" is great to have also. Lord, I can feel the Gentlemen floating down the hallway now giving me a polite smile and nod of the head.
I really enjoy listening to this disc and will treasure it always. My wife and I have listened to this episode more times than we can count and will continue to do so.

PS2 Network Adapter
PS2 Network Adapter
9 used & new from CDN$ 17.87

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, that was easy..., Sept. 1 2002
This review is from: PS2 Network Adapter (Electronics)
I got the adapter to play SOCOM: Navy Seals. I had the job done in less than five minutes. It was really easy. Pull the cover out of the back of your ps2. Open the supersealed package of the ps2 network adapter. Remove plastic cover off of plug. Push it in. Tighten 2 screws gently. Plug it up to network cable. Install software. Bam. done...
A very nice and easy to use product. Sony should be commended for keeping its modular design easy to use. No problems yet!

Socom: U.S. Navy Seals - PlayStation 2
Socom: U.S. Navy Seals - PlayStation 2
Offered by Just 4 Games
Price: CDN$ 5.99
43 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent shooter... intense visuals..., Sept. 1 2002
This game is a lot of fun to play. The interface is relatively easy to learn and works smoothly during play. I love being able to communicate with the rest of my team. Weapons are good but might have had more variety.
The animations between game chapters are awesome. I feel like just watching a couple of discs of those! The graphics during game play are some of the most realistic and fluid I have ever seen.
Using the headset also adds to the game. Hearing your team relaying info in your ear while events are happening through the tv's sound is pretty cool. It definitely adds to the realism {bad guys speak in their authentic language!} and intensity. The sound effects are very effective as they rely on distance and direction for level and intensity.
I bought the network adapter for my ps2 and logged in. I still haven't been able to play online due to some server problems they are having, but I am hoping they will get it fixed soon.
All in all, this is a first rate game. Very timely in its content, and excellent in its presentation. This sets the standard for others to follow with a shooter.

The Fat Flush Plan
The Fat Flush Plan
by Ann Louise Gittleman
Price: CDN$ 19.40
154 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative book..., Sept. 1 2002
This review is from: The Fat Flush Plan (Hardcover)
I really like this book. I really learned alot about how my liver functions and what it needs to do its job. I better understand the need for detoxification. The information on supplements is also first rate. I have a whole new appreciation for flax seed oil and evening primrose! Ms. Gittleman writes from the heart and adds her own experience and impressive knowledge in to the mix for a great read.
My wife and I were going to do this program but decided in the end we could not follow the meal plans completely. Especially the lunch time menus. Since we both work pretty demanding jobs, we cant create such menu items due to lack of stove, area, and time. The grocery list isn't too bad, just a bit pricey in my area of the south. We are going to attempt to do our own adaptation of the meal plan, though. Might take longer and not be as rigid, but I figure we will really benefit if we follow and apply the principles set forth in this book.
Just a sidebar here. I found it amazing how difficult it is to eat out and try to remain true to a plan like this. Dishes at so many restaraunts are just loaded with carbs{obvious and hidden}! The American diet is pretty scary sometimes.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: the Album (1999 Television Series)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: the Album (1999 Television Series)
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 22.95
12 used & new from CDN$ 4.45

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an incredible soundtrack!, Aug. 22 2002
I love listening to this soundtrack. It has a great array of familiar to new voices on it. The songs are haunting and eclectic just like this fantastic show. If you are a fan of Buffy, then you will recognize some of your favorite tunes on this cd. Garbage's "Temptation Waits" is really cool. I like Teenage FBI and of course Nerf Herder's aweinspiring theme music for the show.
My wife and I find it fun to drive to Columbia and listen to the soundtrack, reminiscing about our favorite Buffy episodes by their respective songs. This show is highly addictive and this soundtrack helps to feed the craving. Hopefully, their will be a second one sometime soon.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6