Profile for mereth > Reviews

Content by mereth

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"mereth" (Westminster, CO USA)

Spaceballs
Spaceballs
VHS
Offered by vidsale
Price: CDN$ 21.69
6 used & new from CDN$ 19.75

4.0 out of 5 stars The best movie Brooks has done!, March 22 2002
This review is from: Spaceballs (VHS Tape)
i can't think of this movie without laughing outloud! Dark Helmet is a character that will live on forever...and every time i watch this movie, there's another joke that i get...there are so many subtle jokes (a word here, an odd saying there) that you're constantly having epiphanies everytime you watch it...and watch it with a group of people...because there are jokes that will go right over your head, but someone else in the room will understand (my mother had a Ford Galaxy when she was younger and had to fill me in on that joke)....and the cast of actors is perfect!

Shooting Fish
Shooting Fish
VHS
3 used & new from CDN$ 14.87

4.0 out of 5 stars Charming romantic comedy..., March 22 2002
This review is from: Shooting Fish (VHS Tape)
i picked this movie up because when i glanced at the cover it had three actors i just adore....and when i watched it i was charmed by the characters...most especially Stuart Townsend's Jez...the developing attraction between Georgie (Kate Beckinsale) and Jez is adorable to watch...and the end, although a bit cheesey, is a feel good happy ending....there is enough wit and quiet humor in this movie to keep you watching...

The 13th Warrior (Bilingual)
The 13th Warrior (Bilingual)
DVD ~ Antonio Banderas
Price: CDN$ 6.25
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

1.0 out of 5 stars where was the fast forward button when I needed it?, April 24 2000
This review is from: The 13th Warrior (Bilingual) (DVD)
I thought the movie would be worth watching simply because Antonio is in it--I was wrong. I kept watching because I thought "this has to get better." I was disappointed on that account. Several of the co-stars are wonderful--bringing humor into a dark, corny movie. But I too often found myself rolling my eyes mumbling "yeah, right."