Profile for Stewart > Reviews

Content by Stewart

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stewart "Corgitop" (Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2
Body Back Company Buddy, 1-Count
Body Back Company Buddy, 1-Count
Price: CDN$ 39.95
9 used & new from CDN$ 34.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Good product, poor marketing., Aug. 11 2014
I bought a Body Back Buddy to help with middle and upper back pains, and find that I can easily target aching spots better than trying to direct someone else to hit the sore spots for me. When I have a sore spot I reach for the buddy.

The buddy came with no documentation or DVD to show how the various parts can be used, not even an inexpensive booklet was enclosed. Sure, some knobs can be figured out intuitively, but giving NO instruction is poor business practice. For the price, a DVD should have come along with the blue gadget so that purchasers wouldn't have to look to YouTube or elsewhere for instructions.

Cuisinart SM-70BCC 7.0 Quart Stand Mixer, Brushed Chrome
Cuisinart SM-70BCC 7.0 Quart Stand Mixer, Brushed Chrome
Price: CDN$ 455.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 455.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mixer, May 16 2014
Purchased as a gift. The recipient loves it and is amazed at the time it saves compared to the little hand mixer she had previously. Powerful motor, should last a long time.

Cuisinart SM-55MBBC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Cuisinart SM-55MBBC 5.5 Quart Stand Mixer Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl
Price: CDN$ 54.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Spare bowl, May 16 2014
This bowl works with the 7.0 quart mixer and was purchased as a second bowl.Good solid bowl and handy to have.

Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV2000100)
Seagate Expansion 2TB Desktop External Hard Drive USB 3.0 (STBV2000100)
Price: CDN$ 90.98
30 used & new from CDN$ 82.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Extra storage, Jan. 22 2014
I wanted extra storage as my hard drive was getting full. The Seagate Expansion drive does what it is supposed to and doesn't waste space with unsolicited backups. Easy installation and no problems so far.

Photive Original LP-E6 Ultra High Capacity Li-ion Battery For Canon EOS, 60D, 70D, 5D Mark II & MarkIII (Canon LP-E6 Replacement)

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't work reliably in all LP-E6 cameras., Nov. 4 2013
I bought three of these from Amazon.com to use in a Canon 5D Mark iii. After being fully charged they showed depleted in the camera. This is intermittent. The camera goes dead spontaneously using these batteries and the battery has to be removed and replaced to get it working again. In other words, very unreliable and could be a disaster during an important shoot.

I gave one of these batteries to a friend with 5DMii and he had no problems with it. The problems occur with the 5DMiii and newer cameras, such as the 6D. I don't know what Canon has done, but they want to eliminate the use of non-canon batteries it seems.

These batteries might work well in cameras older than the 5DMiii.

Neewer DMW-BCG10E Li-ion Battery FOR Panasonic Digital Cameras
Neewer DMW-BCG10E Li-ion Battery FOR Panasonic Digital Cameras
Offered by Eshopic
Price: CDN$ 19.94
2 used & new from CDN$ 19.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, May 9 2013
Works as well as the Panasonic original. No problem charging this battery. Lasted five days on a recent trip before needing to be recharged. Good purchase.

The Pogo Whisk
The Pogo Whisk
Price: CDN$ 14.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made, April 22 2013
This review is from: The Pogo Whisk (Kitchen)
Does a good job. Should last if not abused by rough handling. Bought two to give away - recipients like them very much.

Denon AVR-2310CI 7.1-Channel Multi-Zone Home Theater Receiver with 1080p HDMI Connectivity

1.0 out of 5 stars Refurbished Dud, April 22 2013
This refurbished amp was a lemon with a capitol "L". After several weeks the modes kept switching by themselves. I put it in for repair at a Denon repair shop and after ten weeks with no receiver I got it back. It worked fine for a couple of weeks then the picture began to fade which looked like poor reception but there was not-a-thing wrong with the reception on my cable. Tried lots of cable switching to make sure it was not a bad cable. All cables were fine.

This Denon amp is in my garage in a box. I bought a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1010 which works flawlessly.

This "review" only has to do with the particular refurbished amp I received and not Denon amps in general which I can't comment on. Buying refurbished works sometimes, in this case it was a bomb-out!

Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)
Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10E)

5.0 out of 5 stars Works, April 22 2013
Does what it should. Works as well as other cards costing a lot more. Hope it lasts for a long time.

Garmin Friction Mount
Garmin Friction Mount
Price: CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Move, April 22 2013
Ordered this after having my Garmin fly off of the windshield several times using the suction device that came with my Garmin. This happened to me at a critical junction once and I was relying on the Garmin when it fell onto the car floor and I didn't know where to turn as I had never been to this location before.

The friction mount stays where you put it and has never moved in my car. Just make sure the dash is clean and not dusty which will stick to the base of the new mount and make it less effective. When I remove the friction mount I just fold it up and put it in a plastic bag to keep it clean which only takes seconds to do. Garmin should give these out as part of the purchased kit instead of the suction cup.

I would recommend this base.

Page: 1 | 2