summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Home All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for Stewart > Reviews

Content by Stewart

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Stewart "Corgitop" (Ontario, Canada)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Place to Call Home, a - Season 01
Place to Call Home, a - Season 01
DVD ~ Marta Dusseldorp, Noni Hazlehurst Brett Climo
Offered by Fulfillment Express CA
Price: CDN$ 41.72
20 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, May 19 2016
Great series. Love the characters and the location in Australia. Looking forward to the next three seasons.

Place to Call Home, a - Season 02
Place to Call Home, a - Season 02
DVD ~ Noni Hazlehurst
Price: CDN$ 65.99
19 used & new from CDN$ 29.11

4.0 out of 5 stars Great except for the outdated ending., May 19 2016
Season 02, episode 10 was out-of-date as it featured "The End" of APTCH. But it did not end, it stretched into season 03 with 04 coming. You will NEED to get hold of the updated S02, 10th episode, which ends setting the stage for what follows in season 03. The differences are significant.

Rada Cutlery R119 Quick Edge Knife Sharpener
Rada Cutlery R119 Quick Edge Knife Sharpener
Price: CDN$ 10.57
9 used & new from CDN$ 8.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Affordable enough to try. Glad I did!, May 11 2016
I've worked with knives all my life and would never have looked at a gadget like this to sharpen a knife. This Rada sharpener on the other hand works unbelievably well, so well I can hardly believe it! I can't recommend it enough, especially for dull knives that are fairly new and have a lot of metal left, but just need to be sharpened. Example: I have a new Santoku knife that was very sharp and had become dull due to use. Instead of using sharpening stones, I used the Rada sharpener and the machined edge was restored to new condition. I find that the Rada works best with machined edges and it doesn't take much to bring the edge back. I believe that using sharpening stones would have ruined the original machined edge on the Santoku.

Conair Battery Operated Fabric Defuzzer
Conair Battery Operated Fabric Defuzzer
Price: CDN$ 14.96
10 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy defuzzer, March 29 2016
This battery operated defuzzer is convenient to use. The first thing I used it on was a black tuque. Worked very well. Wish the reservoir was bigger.

Hamilton Beach 22301C 2-Slice Toaster, Black
Hamilton Beach 22301C 2-Slice Toaster, Black
Price: CDN$ 29.99
14 used & new from CDN$ 25.49

4.0 out of 5 stars OK toaster, March 14 2016
I bought this because my four slice toaster doesn't make toast dark enough for me. This does the job, but I have to turn it up to the longest setting to get what I want. I could have used a toaster that wasn't designed for bagels, with the heating elements closer to the bread, so that I could have my toast dark on the outsides and not dried out so much in the centre on the bread.

HIC Brands that Cook Essentials 11.25-Inch Silicone Scraper, Blueberry
HIC Brands that Cook Essentials 11.25-Inch Silicone Scraper, Blueberry
Price: CDN$ 5.49
11 used & new from CDN$ 5.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy., March 14 2016
My wife loves this scraper. She commented on the one piece construction and the excellent quality. Would recommend.

Car Mount, AEDILYS® MagGrip CD Slot Magnetic Universal Car Mount Holder for the Samsung Galaxy S6/S6 Edge/S5, LG G4, Apple iPhone 6/5S/5C/5/4S/4, HTC One M7/M8/M9, Amazon Fire Phone
Offered by CiDoss
Price: CDN$ 16.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Solves my phone holding problem!, March 11 2016
I didn't know how well this would work with my Motorola Moto X as the back of the phone is curved. However, I had no problems fitting the metal plate behind the protective cover. Held firmly even over bumps. My only challenge was in determining how tight to make the holder after inserting it in the CD player slot as I didn't want to break it.

This holder works very well and saves me from putting my phone in a cup-holder as that's all I could do without the MagGrip.

Tool Time Gate Latch Cable Pull
Tool Time Gate Latch Cable Pull
Offered by UrbanInspirations
Price: CDN$ 19.45
8 used & new from CDN$ 14.76

5.0 out of 5 stars I like the new improvements with the metal insert for the ..., Aug. 12 2015
I like the new improvements with the metal insert for the cable side of the gate and the new pull handle. Hope it lasts!

eFuture(TM) Generic GU24 To E26/E27 Adapters/Converts GU24 Pin Base Fixture To Standard Screw in Bulb Socket +eFuture's nice Keyring
Offered by eFuture.SR
Price: CDN$ 4.19

5.0 out of 5 stars They Work!, Aug. 12 2015
I wanted to dim my GU24 dining room lights, but counldn't with the GU24 bulbs. Bought new dimmable screw-in LED bulbs and ordered these converters from eFuture to accommodate the new bulbs. The convertors work fine and I can now dim my dining room lights.

Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig
Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig
Price: Click here to see our price
13 used & new from CDN$ 169.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Works well, but pricy, with a couple of flaws., Aug. 12 2015
Bought the K5 to build a table for my daughter. Had good results practising with scrap in my workshop. Looking forward to using the jig wherever I can.
Update Aug. 24: I found that using the vacuum attachment made using the Kreg jig easier and quicker as most of the waste was sucked-up out of the way. There is a problem with the vacuum attachment though. It is flimsy in construction and can come apart easily. I don't know how long it will last. The vacuum attachment does not fit a standard shop vac., and it would have been thoughtful to include an adapter to allow immediate use of a shop vac.
The convenient tray extensions which fit on either side of the jig are handy for longer pieces of wood and are the same thickness as a 2"x4" which makes it easy to extend the tray support. I'm sorry to say that the trays don't close very tight for storage and can open up while being carried in the box.

Considering the flimsy vacuum connection and the box lids which others have mentioned being not tight enough, plus the high cost of the K5, delivered without even a clamp being included in the kit, $173C is too much for the K5, (unless they include the micro kit and the Kreg HD along with it). Just commenting about the cost, considering the production cost of these items, compared to the retail price. Kreg knows they have a good product, but there's no need to gouge their customers. (IMO)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3