summer boutiques-francophones snsflyout Pets All-New Kindle Music Deals Store sports Tools
Profile for NT > Reviews

Content by NT
Top Reviewer Ranking: 798

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

NT (Surrey, British Columbia Canada)
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Etekcity 0.05pH High Accuracy Pocket Size Digital PH Meter Tester with ATC and Backlit LCD (Yellow)
Price: CDN$ 21.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pH meter for quick readings!, June 21 2016
Good pH meter!

There is a process to calibrate the pH meter properly the first time you use it. Included are very detailed instructions as well as the control powders to calibrate the unit. There is a small screw driver that you can use to adjust the potentiometer if need be. The instructions go into more detail on that/ If you need to do more calibration, you'll have to look up some control pH test which can be found in any hydroponics store. I believe Amazon also sells some. Included was also a set of extra batteries so that was a nice surprise. the pH meter comes in it's own plastic storage case.

Once calibrated, I tested it out with some tap water and coffee. My tap water read fairly balanced (neutral). Coffee was as expected acidic around 4.4

The tool is well constructed and sturdy. Not flimsy. Certainly does not feel cheap. Looks like it could take a couple of accidental drops onto the floor. That being said, it is a tool so like all of your tools, treat it with care and respect and it will last you. I do not own an aquarium or a fresh water pond so I can't speak to it's usefulness for that. From the other reviewers, this pH meter seems to do the job well for those purposes.

If you need a quick digital meter to test out the pH of water sources, this is a good unit. I docked a star due to the process of calibrating the unit. From the factory, I would have expected it to be calibrated and ready to use. Other than that, no issues.

Disclaimer: I received this item for discount/review. The review is unbiased.

TYC 800025P Toyota Replacement Cabin Air Filter
TYC 800025P Toyota Replacement Cabin Air Filter
Price: CDN$ 7.22
6 used & new from CDN$ 7.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Great filter!, June 17 2016
Purchased this to replace the cabin filter in my Rav4. Works great! No need to get the more expensive OEM from Toyota. Replace this once a year or earlier depending on where you live and drive.

Install was straight forward. Pay attention to the air flow direction arrow on the filter. If you are unsure, stick a thin piece of paper into the cavity with the fan running on low, you'll find it very quickly where the air flow is going.

After using the TYC for a few years, I bought a couple of filters from china to try out. They came in not so nice shape, a bit squished so I had to get them back into shape. In terms of filtration, I think it did an OK job. I don't think i really noticed much of a difference as to how much dust came into the cabin. But compare with OEM and TYC, the quality is definitely better on the TYC. The TYC does not have as many pleats as the picture shows. It has less than OEM and the chinese noname brand I bought. How much difference does it make? To me, not noticeable. I certainly have not noticed that the air is any "fresher". They are not charcoal filters so I wouldn't expect to be.

GOOQ® Replacement USB Charger Charging Cable Cord for Fitbit Charge HR Band Wireless (Charge HR Cable*2pcs)
Offered by GOOQ
Price: CDN$ 8.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cables! Secure fit!, April 25 2016
Great quality cables. Works much better than the original cables that came with the fitbit. These ones are more secure when plugged in. The one that came with the charger was loose and we found that the fitbit would not be sufficiently charge as the cable had slipped out. No issues with fitment with these ones.

I would definitely recommend using these over the factory included one.

Classic Accessories 55-211-012401-EC Hickory Patio Seat Cushion/Cover Storage Bag
Price: CDN$ 50.99
8 used & new from CDN$ 50.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy and well constructed bag!, April 5 2016
I was looking for a bag to store our patio set cushions for rainy days and for the winter season. I needed a bag that was big enough to fit the cushions but also some extras if need be. The bag had to be sturdy and not flimsy, easy to carry. I didn't need it to be waterproof as it was going to be hug up in my garage.

This is a great storage bag for my needs. Loading the cushions into the bag was easy as the zippers opened up the bag fairly wide so you have lots of room to work with. The handles are a leathery type of material. Feels nice so if the bag gets a bit heavy it's not so hard on your hands to carry. The zippers are smooth and not rough to close. Construction of the bag is good quality and the stitching is done well. Does not look like it will fall apart but only time will tell.

GOOQ® Replacement USB Charger Charging Cable Cord for Fitbit Charge HR Band Wireless (Charge HR Cable (1PCS))
Offered by GOOQ
Price: CDN$ 5.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice cable!, April 5 2016
Good quality cable. If you need an extra fitbit charging cable to have in the vehicle, work or around the house, this is a good option.

The cable end that goes into the fitbit does not have the little slit the stock one has. I don't think it matters much. Plugging and unplugging from the watch was not an issue. Fit is firm but not really tight. Definitely not loose.

Price is great when compared to a fitbit branded one.

Etekcity 6" Glow Sticks Party Favors Supplies 30-Piece
Etekcity 6" Glow Sticks Party Favors Supplies 30-Piece
Price: CDN$ 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool glow sticks., March 31 2016
This item was provided in exchange for unbiased review. As with all my reviews, either purchased or provided with a sample, they are based on the product's functionality and performance for their intended purposes.

If you want glow sticks at a party, these will do the job nicely. Just open the package and snap the light stick. Give it a good shake and you'll have a glow stick that stays lit in excess of 10 hours. During my testing, I opened up a green stick. After 6 hours, it still had what I thought was a fairly bright glow. No, not a bright glow that will light up a dark room. You will see it CLEARLY in the dark if you use them as markers on the floor or on the walls. I did not expect them to function like a night light.

I knocked off one star in the review due to poor wording on the packaging. There are some grammatical and spelling errors that need to be addressed. If we are talking about just the product itself without the printing mistake on the packaging, I would give it a 5 star rating. For the price and quantity you get, it is a good deal. I would purchase these when I run out of the ones provided to me for review.

Etekcity Digital TDS Meter Water Quality Tester with 0-9990 ppm Measurement range (Battery Included) Blue
Price: CDN$ 25.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tool to have around!, March 31 2016
This is a great tool to have around when travelling. Helps you gauge how clean the local tap water is so if you're in doubt, you can use it to test out. I wouldn't rely on this tool if you are travelling and drinking off streams, lakes, etc. I'd use it to test only after purifying it by either boiling, filtering or tablet.

The device comes calibrated from the factory and is easy to use. Just turn it on, remove the end cap and place it in water. A reading will come up quickly. You'll need to reference the reading to an official source that states what levels are acceptable.

There were no scratches on my LCD screen as experienced by other reviewers.

I've used it to test my local water from the tap vs filtered. Turns out, the tap water is just as clean as filtered. The filter is mainly for taste it seems. If you're looking for something quick to test out your local tap water with, this is good tool to use for that purpose.

This item was provided in exchange for unbiased review. When I review the item, I rate it based on ease of use, functionality, and quality. If it is a poor product, I would still rate it poor, even if it was provided to me without cost.

Greatest Hits (2LP Limited Edition Silver Vinyl)
Greatest Hits (2LP Limited Edition Silver Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 40.00
9 used & new from CDN$ 40.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice pressing!, March 18 2016
I was a bit hesitant in purchasing this but am glad I did. How good would it sound vs the CDs I already had. Well...REALLY GOOD. The tracks on the record is very well laid out. The vinyl is not silver in color. Mine was grey marble and it looked cool!

Sound quality was great and the details are fantastic. Definitely brought back some fond memories. If you are a fan of the RHCP, you'll like this. I have a pressing of their album Stadium Arcadium and it too was solid! Pick this vinyl up, you won't regret it!

The sound will only be as good as your equipment. I have not had any tracking issues as stated by a previous reviewer. No issues with the grooves and I suspect the turntable they were using was incorrectly setup. I run my vintage hitachi turntable with a Shure M97xe cartridge. No issues with vinyl new or old.

niceEshop(TM) Bike Motorbike Handlebar Seatpost Roll Bar Mount for Gopro 1 2 3 3+ 4 Camera,Black
Offered by niceEshop
Price: CDN$ 5.59

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed mount - AVOID!, March 8 2016
The mount clamps well and looked to be promising but where the camera sits, it is not secure. There is quite a bit of movement so your camera will move around. I had it attached to the seat post of my mountain bike. For the most part it was ok but when things got rough, it definitely moved as the viewing angle changed from looking at the trail to further upwards.

I also tried using the attachment screw that came with it aside from the gopro version, still was too tight. After comparing the additional arm mounts that came with it. The additional attachments had slots that were wider and fit a lot better. I maybe able to shim for the extra spaces but not very hopeful for it.

Avoid it and get the original for a secure fit. No, I was not provided a sample for review. Even if i was, this review will stand. It's a poor product that should not be on the market.

Filtrete Allergen Reduction Filter, 1000 MPR, 16x25x4, 4-Pack, (DP01DC-4C)
Filtrete Allergen Reduction Filter, 1000 MPR, 16x25x4, 4-Pack, (DP01DC-4C)
Price: CDN$ 159.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value when on sale., March 7 2016
Great value. Got it when it went on sale.

We have our furnace fan on 24/7 so this filter does not last a year. I would check it at the 3 month mark to see if it needs replacing. I eventually replaced mine at around the 6 month mark. Our new furnace takes this size vs the conventional one inch. I usually buy the highest rated one but I was unable to find it locally for the size.

I've had no issues with the filter. Fits well and filters well though I have noticed more dust particles than the higher rated one I used to use. Not a big deal for me. I do have allergies but so far, the increase in dust has not had an affect on me.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6