Profile for NT > Reviews

Content by NT

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

NT (Surrey, British Columbia Canada)

Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance
by Lennard Zinn
Price: CDN$ 16.62
53 used & new from CDN$ 16.62

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for the serious mountain biker!, June 24 2014
This book is a must for any mountain biker. It goes over pretty much all of the bike and its components. The tips and advice are invaluable and will save you a lot of money on simple repairs. Do not be afraid to do some basic maintanence! This book will help you through many repairs that you can do at home. Something as simple as cleaning your bike to a fork overhaul, this book has it all!

The explanations are clear and concise. There are numerous illustrations througout guide to help you through the steps. Each of the sections will list off tools that you will need to do the job so you're not fumbling around looking for the right tools for the job when you start.

Philips AVENT SCD510/00 Basic Baby Monitor with DECT Technology
Philips AVENT SCD510/00 Basic Baby Monitor with DECT Technology

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great and very portable, June 24 2014
Great quality! I know the price is a bit up there but it is high quality. The sound is clear and we can hear our child quite well in all volume settings. The walkie talkie function works well for communication between parents. You can use rechargeable batteries for the base so no need to keep it plugged in all the time.

We have travelled with it and it has performed flawlessly. It is definitely worth the investment.

Cytosport Cytomax Sport Energy Drink, Cool Citrus, 4.5-Pound
Cytosport Cytomax Sport Energy Drink, Cool Citrus, 4.5-Pound
Price: CDN$ 42.05
3 used & new from CDN$ 28.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, June 24 2014
My first time trying out Cytomax products and this has not disappointed!

Taste great and mixes very well! Much better than Gatorade or the other commercially available sports drinks. It is not full of sugars. I take it during and after my workouts and feel refreshed! It has cut down on cramps and muscle fatigue quite a bit and rehydrates you very quickly.

BlenderBottle Classic Bottle, 20-Ounce
BlenderBottle Classic Bottle, 20-Ounce
Price: CDN$ 8.84
4 used & new from CDN$ 8.84

5.0 out of 5 stars Great shaker!, June 24 2014
Awesome, no more chunks of protein powder to deal with. Mixes up my shakes very nicely. I have 3 of these and will not use anything else. The smaller 20 ounce bottle works well for a quick drink at the gym. No leaks so far and it has been tipped and been on its side numerous times.

Easy to clean! If you don't already have one, get it! You won't regret it.

Infantino Flip Front 2 Back Carrier, Black, 1-Pack
Infantino Flip Front 2 Back Carrier, Black, 1-Pack
Price: CDN$ 39.37
10 used & new from CDN$ 39.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, Sept. 15 2013
Works great! Daughter loves being in it vs the stroller. The straps are supportive enough though at times, if it wasn't positioned properly you could feel it tugging. This is for the front hold position. I have not tried using it like a backpack yet so I can't comment on that.

Mastering Mountain Bike Skills - 2nd Edition
Mastering Mountain Bike Skills - 2nd Edition
by Brian Lopes
Price: CDN$ 17.52
48 used & new from CDN$ 17.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, May 14 2012
This an an excellent update to the first version. It goes into details of the newer bikes. There's even a section on women specific bikes.

The second edition is better organized. It has updated pictures as well as more instructions on how to be a better rider. Everything is explained in a manner that is easy to understand. Lots of pictures with the descriptions. But they can only do so much as a lot of the learning is done on the trail. Nonetheless, the book acts like a personal instructor.

I would recommend the book to riders of all abilities. This is a great resource to have and even if you know how to ride already, there's always room for improvement.

The Guitar Player Repair Guide - 3rd
The Guitar Player Repair Guide - 3rd
by Dan Erlewine
Price: CDN$ 21.91
40 used & new from CDN$ 18.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!, April 14 2012
This is a fantastic book with lots of illustrations and detailed descriptions. I would recommend the book for all players and the DIYers. I have made a few repairs and am onto some bigger repair projects. The book is a great resource for getting the job done right. Even if you do not fix up guitars for others, it is invaluable to have around incase you need to do repairs to yours. It also serves as a preventative manual in some ways. As you read through, you will pick up on info on how to keep your guitar in tip top shape and prevent future repairs.

Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes (Vinyl)
Hard Times & Nursery Rhymes (Vinyl)
Price: CDN$ 25.54
10 used & new from CDN$ 11.91

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing...., Jan. 28 2011
I have been a fan of Social Distortion for many many years and have been to their concerts every time they roll through. They are a great band that have stood the test of time and continues to thrive. Each of Social Distortion's records have been different and this recent record does not stray from that. I must admit, I didn't know what to expect of the album and it was a pleasant suprise when I heard it. The day before the release, they had the full album streamed on their website for people to listen to. My initial reaction was: what happened??? Well, they evolved...yet again...and I couldn't stop listening to the album. The guitar works in Bakersfied and Writing on the wall are absolutely fantastic. Needless to say, I ended up picking up the album a couple of days later. The songs are well written and pack a nice punch. The tones from the guitars are absolutely amazing and dare I say that it is the best I've heard from Social Distortion. I bought the 2 Vinyl edition that came along with the CD. The vinyl has a much better sound than the cd does and I do enjoy listening to it more. I still have not been able to put down the album.

A lot of people may not like the new record due to the softer nature of the songs. Yes, the songs are a bit softer but they are very well written and put together. If you listen to their previous albums, particularly Sex Love and Rock and Roll, and Somewhere Between Heaven and Hell, you will hear a lot of similarities. This album is very engaging. Everytime I have it playing, makes me want to pick up my guitar and start playing along, like all their other albums. I would highly recommend picking up this album.

Kill.Switch
Kill.Switch
Offered by Deal Tavern USA
Price: CDN$ 16.29
15 used & new from CDN$ 3.35

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice Try, April 19 2004
This review is from: Kill.Switch (Video Game)
Kill.Switch looked pretty interesting at first with the take cover and fire blindly moves. This quickly gets boring as you progress through the games. There's hardly any story line if there is one at all and the levels are pretty redundant although the difficulty increases as more guys start shooting at you. The hours of play is also limited as you can go through the game in about 5 hours. There really is no incentive to go back to play the game again. Furthermore, this game lacks a multiplayer system which would have made a little more enjoyable. The sound in the game is pretty good. It has good sound effects as well as an interesting soundtrack. So before you go shell out $40 of your hard earned money, go and rent it.

Metroid Prime - GameCube
Metroid Prime - GameCube
15 used & new from CDN$ 24.00

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!!!, Jan. 21 2004
All I have to say is, go and pick this game up if you haven't already. You're missing out on lots! This game has great graphics, great sound, and great gameplay. I was impressed! I would say this is a MUST OWN for the Gamecube. It's worth every bit of your hard earned dollars! Check out its review at [...]
It's definitely not a game that you can buzz through in record time as some of the puzzles can prove to be rather challenging, not to mention some of the bosses. I've logged in just over 20 hours of play. It would be more if you want to complete 100% of the game, which is fairly challenging. If you get stuck, then look up a guide on gamefaqs.com and you'll be on your way. I know I got stuck a few times in Metroid Prime.