Profile for kingratt82 > Reviews

Content by kingratt82

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

kingratt82 (Fortuna, California, USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Frommer's Portable Phoenix and Scottsdale
Frommer's Portable Phoenix and Scottsdale
by Karl Samson
18 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, Jan. 25 2004
I have not yet travelled to Phoenix, which is, of course, the whole purpose behind my purchase of this travel guide.
Something tells me, though, that all of the sights and attractions of Phoenix and Scottsdale cannot be summarized in 25 or so small pages (this travel guide is as wide as a wallet and only twice as tall, hence the "small pages" bit). I am not impressed with this travel guide. Frommer's, as many people have come to know, usually published travel guides with complete, well-researched information, and rarely do you need another travel guide if you've purchased a Frommer's first.
Not so with this one, unless all you do in Phoenix is eat and sleep-- literally. I say this because well over half of the book (est. 65%) is devoted to restaurants and hotels (and it's not a very long book (150pps not including the index). If this book was retitled "Frommer's Guide to the Best of Phoenix/Scottsdale Restaurants and Hotels," this book would have won my five star rating.
Now, in all fairness, the reviews for the restaurants and lodgings have been very influential factors in my decisions on where I will be staying and where I would like to eat. Again, the restaurants and accomodations chunk of the book is quite informative.
But too much of the book is devoted to where to eat, where to stay, and then "where to eat and stay outside Phoenix/Scottsdale." And there is a disproportionately large section of the book given to advice to international travellers, which for any USofA citizen is a waste of paper.
As I mentioned before, there is not much space devoted to sights and attractions. Only highlights are mentioned. And with some of the highlights, I am not entirely sure the authors of this book have spent the required time at these attractions that would allow them to write informative reviews. I, for one, am not impressed with most of the descriptions of the "things to see and do." They seem threadbare, as if the authors walked in and out of these places in ten minutes, just enough time to get to know the official name of the place, and perhaps see the only the highlights of the place. Very poor field research, in my opinion; they give only the highlights of the highlights. I didn't find the "to-see" section very useful.
The one use I DID get out of the attractions part of the book was the webpage addresses (URLs) for those sights that had them. This at least allowed me to use the Internet to research these places for myself. Frommer's always includes URLs for any place that has one, from restaurants to museums to attractions. This part of the book was useful.
All of this said, I surfed Amazon until I found two other books for the Phoenix/Scottsdale/Tempe area: the Insider's Guide to Phoenix and Best Places Phoenix. They are larger and more useful than this mostly-worthless Frommer's Portable Phoenix & Scottsdale. I certainly would not recommend this book unless all you do is eat and sleep in Phoenix/Scottsdale, and only then this book covers the higher-end places, places that someone on my income cannot afford very often.

Lonely Planet Alaska
Lonely Planet Alaska
by J/Penland, P Dufresne
30 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars A Very Useful Guide To Alaska, Jan. 14 2004
This review is from: Lonely Planet Alaska (Paperback)
Along with Frommer's Alaska 2004, this is tied for first place among the Alaska travel guides. Especially for the outdoors stuff they include. There are 70+ maps inside, showing trails, waterways, etc., for the adventurer. And there is an entire section devoted to the top ten of hiking in Alaska. For an adventuring trip to Alaska, this book is great.
But I believe it's also the best of the "big 3" (Fodor's, Frommer's, Lonely Planet) as far as how much it encompasses overall. It is quite comprehensive for the tourist, pointing out all of the things a tourist may want to see, and it balances this with the same amount of equally useful information for people going to Alaska to kayak, hike, bike, and explore.
While I still enjoy the Frommer's Alaska more than any of the Alaska guides, this book has things that Frommer's doesn't when it comes to tourist-oriented sightseeing. Fodor's Alaska 2004, on the other hand, is almost entirely tourist-oriented, with little useful information for anyone going to Alaska to adventure. But this book is a solid guide, and I've taken it to Alaska with me on my adventuring trips. Worth the money, and my time to recommend this book!

Frommer's Alaska 2004
Frommer's Alaska 2004
by Charles P. Wohlforth
Price: CDN$ 28.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the Alaska travel guides, Jan. 4 2004
This review is from: Frommer's Alaska 2004 (Paperback)
With honest, forthright, outspoken, and candid opinions, this is the best of the few Alaska travel guides there are.
I am a traveller/adventurer from the extreme parts of Northern California along the Pacific. I am not a tourist. That said, I am not writing this review from a tourist's point of view. I AM writing this review from the point of view of an ADVENTURER, and so my opinion of this book is based on the usefulness an adventurer can get from it.
Some things I like about this book are:
1) The author's honesty. If he thinks there is something you ought to see that other guides tell you isn't worth your time, he'll let you know. If he thinks something is a waste of time, or if something is overpriced or overhyped, he'll let you know that, too. He's not afraid to tell it like it is, which has saved me time and money.
2) He's lived in Alaska since day one, so he knows the subject. He's also an adventurer that has explored much of Alaska and knows where you can do or what you can do to get the most for your money. He is especially knowledgable about Southeast Alaska, and the kayaking and other types of adventuring you can do there.
3) The author lists URLs for everything/every place that has a URL. This is handy for updates, more information, and photos. A very nice touch.
All in all, I have found this guide to be superior to Fodor's when it comes to outdoors adventuring (hiking, kayaking, flightseeing, skiing, etc.); and while it is better also than Lonely Planet for the same reason, Lonely Planet does have some useful and valuable information for the traveller/adventurer as well. But unlike Fodor's, the lists of hotels and restaurants is not as comprehensive. However, for the adventurer/traveller, this book is the best one out there, hands down. It lists numerous outdoor equipment rental companies, large and small; it lists most of the companies that offer expeditions into the Alaskan wilderness; and it has exact prices at the time of publishing, with URLs to visit to get updates.
Again, I recommend this book over Fodor's if you are going to Alaska for adventure. If you are going as a tourist (cruise ship tourist or just short-on-available-time tourist), this book is also useful, but isn't as thorough when it comes to touristy stuff. I do recommend Lonely Planet for outdoor adventuring as well.

Final Countdown
Final Countdown
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 33.77
7 used & new from CDN$ 2.40

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's Glam Metal Fused w/ Keyboards, Oct. 7 2002
This review is from: Final Countdown (Audio CD)
Does it get much more 80's sounding than this? The smooth keyboards mixed with the heavy chugs and riffs of the glam-era guitar. The fusion of the two sounds is, in this case, a very polished, fluid sound. And throw into the mix precise drumming and Joey Tempest's soaring, whirlwind vocals and you've got what this album is: an 80's glam metal GEM. A truly amazing piece of work from Europe in '86.
"The Final Countdown" is one of the four most-solid tracks on the disc. With an almost ethereal, rocket-me-to-the-moon feel to the rhythm, the tone, and the sound of the band's instruments playing in perfect harmony, this song reminds me of Dokken's "Unchain the Night" in that while it is a metal song, it has a more commercial sound to it that attracts the female audience very nicely while still appealing to the male taste for edginess in the music. A fantastic song.
And if the dudes out there that pick up this album and wonder who the heck calls this metal at ALL, just get to tracks like "Rock the Night" and "Danger On the Track". "Rock..." is one of my favorite four tracks on this album, and "Danger..." is a cut above many glam-era metal tunes. And "Ninja" rips and rolls right along without pause or lethargy, lemme tell ya-- another great song. All three of these songs have some pretty decent axe work, though at times they are drowned by the keyboards.
If the guys still aren't convinced that any metal --even glam-era metal-- should include keyboards (Judas Priest didn't fair too well with keyboards on their "Turbo" 1986 release), perhaps a last hope for their approval of this album is the power ballad "Carrie", a favorite of my girlfriend, my sister, and a few other women I know. Something about Tempest's powerful vox, the lyrics, and the precise use of the synths just get a lot of chicks all starry-eyed and soft-- and guys, you can use this to your advantage! But "Carrie" is, IMHO, a very good song. It's actually what hooked me on Europe.
Anyway, I want to add as well that the guitars in this album are very much a force. There are just as many chugs, riffs, chords, squeals, and pings as in Danger Danger's '89 debut or in Whitesnake's self-titled '87 release. So if you're looking for some really quite good guitar work, this album's got lots of it in addition to some very good melodies, some insanely catchy tunes, and vocals comparable to Don Dokken's, David Coverdale's, and Jon Bon Jovi's as far as range, power, and smoothness.
The second half of the album, including the songs "Cherokee", "Love Chaser", and "On the Loose", is certainly not filler material by any means.
Also the whole album seems to flow as one solid unit, the transition from song to song is seamless.
On this version of the album, there are bonus tracks, albeit they are simply live versions of three of the first four tracks. But after hearing the live versions of "Carrie" and "The Final Countdown", I was very pleased that I bought this extended version of this album, rather than the hard-to-find standard studio version. You won't be disappointed with this album-- well worth the twelve smackos.
If you like this group's sound, dynamics, and sytle, I recommend Danger Danger, Whitesnake, and Dokken.

Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
Slander: Liberal Lies About the American Right
by Ann Coulter
52 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Coulter Returns Fire With Fire, Oct. 6 2002
After I saw Ann Coulter on Hannity & Colmes, I realized just how willing to take on the liberal left and the biased media Coulter is. There aren't many people willing to expose the media for what it is: a left-leaning, "some of the facts" news reporting that is insanely biased against the right side of the political equation. It was a breath of fresh air watching her duke it out with Alan Colmes (a commentator I always disagree with, but whom I deeply respect for his down-to-earth, consistent belief system, and his humility in presenting it; Hannity is cocky, much as I agree with him on most things), and I was compelled after her appearance to buy her book to see what else she has has to say.
It's safe to say I was shocked at the way she goes about tearing the liberal left to shreds. Rush Limbaugh's books in the early 90's were harsh on libs, but whoa! Coulter is harder.
She makes a bazillion and one good points on topics ranging from liberal bias in the media to religion to how liberals operate and she neatly exposes their shortsightedness and inconsistencies. I like the book for those reasons, and the fact that she's very hard-line on a wide range of issues.
However, I am disappointed with the way she goes about it. Limbaugh was able to make many of the same points, but he was not nearly as invective as Coulter is. Granted I agree with Coulter 100%, but I see an almost hypocritical method she used to make her points: she (rightly) criticizes the left and the media for bashing conservatives, but her return fire (besides presenting irrefutable facts) is to slash and burn with the same hateful tone that the libs and the media use when they attack conservatives. I disagree with the invective manner with which she fires back.
Still, the book is a breath of fresh air for the conservative audience. Instead of being criticized (a daily occurance in every media outlet save for the Fox News Network), conservatives get a chance to fight back, even if all they do is agree with Coulter as they read. It's nice not to have one's opinion thrown in their face once in a while.
Sean Hannity has just released a decent publication, and we're all still waiting (some of us more patiently than others!) for Limbaugh to pick up the pen again...

The Very Best Of Dokken
The Very Best Of Dokken
Price: CDN$ 7.97
33 used & new from CDN$ 4.47

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the Best "Best Of's", Sept. 28 2002
This review is from: The Very Best Of Dokken (Audio CD)
Dokken's "Very Best Of" is just that: just about everything that made Dokken a staple band for most kids in the 80's that were into metal. Don Dokken has some of the best vocals of any of the 80's wailers, and George Lynch is arguable the most talented axeman to appear in the 80's. The guy is incredibly talented, plays ferociously, and the blistering sound just jumps off of his steel toy and through your speakers. Whitesnake's Steve Vai, Vinnie Vincent, and Bon Jovi's Richie Sambora are three guitarists of a handful that can only hope to come CLOSE to rivaling Lynch's skill with the axe. Absolutely incredible. Anyway.
This album is the quintessential album for anyone that remembers Dokken with fondness and a zillion great memories of what they were doing when they heard this stuff on their radios, or for a 90's nu-metal disenchantee searching for a better sound, willing to try something they've never heard. Whether you're new to the 80's rock sound and fascinated with the possibility that there IS something better than 90's-00's [stuff]-o-rama rock, or a made-in-the-80's thoroughbred that was in high school when Dokken was the big cheese (along with bands like Kiss, Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Poison, Ratt, Cinderella, etc.), you won't be disappointed with the choices for the "best of" set Dokken has compiled. Every song most definitely deserves to be included on this album, but space was limited...
...which must have forced them to make some important decisions. Songs like "Unchain the Night", "Slipping Away", and "When Heaven Comes Down" (a favorite anthem the band loved to play live) had to be excluded. Not to worry, though. If you're looking for those songs on a "best of" type compilation, I recommend the very good live album from Dokken (released 1988) "Beast From the East". What songs this best of compilation lacks that album includes. Both include the insanely good "Mr. Scary" guitar solo/instrumental by George Lynch.
But when an album includes "In My Dreams", "Breaking the Chains", "Into the Fire", "Dream Warriors", "Alone Again", "Tooth and Nail", "It's Not Love", and "Hunter" and still has 8 MORE quality tracks on it, it's hard not to want the album!
Still, this album doesn't go wrong. If you want an introduction to Dokken, or a reunion with their music, this is the album for you. If you are a more serious Dokken or 80's metal fan, I would recommend going for all of Dokken's 80's releases: "Breaking the Chains" (1983), "Tooth and Nail" (1984), "Under Lock and Key (1985)-- their most solid release, "Back For the Attack" (1987), and "Beast From the East" (1988). I have all of these, and I'm a very happy man...
Rock on! Here's to the 80's metal bands!!!

Danger Danger
Danger Danger
Offered by TWS-Source of Deluge
Price: CDN$ 13.79
8 used & new from CDN$ 10.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Glam-era Debut Album, Sept. 28 2002
This review is from: Danger Danger (Audio CD)
Recently I began tinkering with 90's-00's rock/metal, buying and borrowing CDs so that I could get an idea for various bands, and see just what it is the dudes and chicks in my generation (I'm 20) are in to. I figured I'd come away from the experience at least a bit converted to the opinions that today's music is where it's at. WRONG. I thought I disliked today's stuff before I experimented with it. Now I hate it that much more. I think today's bands get all their songs from a Music Supermarket, where all the sounds and guitar work is canned and bottled with childproof seals. Then they throw it in a mixer, dub their own vocals over the canned ones, and voila! a new "Incubus," "Fuel," "Nickelback," "Jimmy Eat World," "Hoobastank," "Static-X," or "Goo Goo Dolls" CD is produced. PLEASE.
So I turned my ears, having taken a battering from today's ... nu-metal, to my VAST 80's metal collection (Priest to Vinnie Vincent Invasion to Def Leppard to Slaughter), and I was soothed. One of the first I popped in was Danger Danger's debut album. I already liked the album, but comparing it to today's stuff, I appreciate the album even more.
The album is solid throughout. The lead track, "Naughty Naughty," is by far the album's best song, but that's saying a lot, considering that most of the material on this release could be on Danger Danger's "best of" album someday. "Naughty Naughty" is nicely followed by "Under the Gun," which has the same feel to it that the Top Gun soundtrack does (another recommended purchase). "Saturday Night" is probably the only track on here that just sounds more like Def Leppard to me than Danger Danger, and while that's NOT a bad thing, the song doesn't fit on this album.
This album has a number of semi-ballads and ballads that demonstrate this band's musicmanship as well as their top-notch production talents. "Don't Walk Away" is a very good semi-ballad, (boy the keyboards are added nicely in that song-- just enough, just the right sound); "One Step From Paradise" is the only true "ballad" on this album, but it belongs up there with Firehouse's "Love of a Lifetime" (1990), Warrant's "Heaven" (1988), and Dokken's "Alone Again" (1984). The vocals on "One Step From Paradise" are top-notch, reminding me of Steelheart (1990). A very good ballad. And finally, the semi-ballad "Feels Like Love" is the other in this category of slower stuff on this album, but nonetheless solid material. "Feels Like Love" has a nice rhythm to it, and a nostalgic feel to the lyrics and vocals. "Feels Like Love" is one of my favorite songs on the album.
Finally, the rest of the rock tracks on the album are "Bang Bang", which has some really good guitar work on it; "Rock America", probably the second most solid rocker on this album after "Naughty Naughty", and a very upbeat song; "Boys Will Be Boys", which has 80's-rockstar attitude much like "Naughty Naughty",; and "Turn It On" and "Live It Up" close out the album with pep and kick.
Overall the album has a good deal of keyboards, much like Europe or Autograph, though I think the album is more fun and more solid as a whole than anything either of those two bands did, save maybe for Europe's "The Final Countdown"-- a TIGHT album. The guitar work varies in intensity from song to song, but it's definitely there, and I think the keyboards actually compliment the guitar riffs, chugs, pings, and squeals very nicely throughout the entire album.
Anyway, I've said enough. If you aren't convinced to shell out ten bucks by now, you probably won't be! But this party album is fun, and well worth a listen (or two, or three...). Rock on!

Firehouse
Firehouse
17 used & new from CDN$ 0.10

5.0 out of 5 stars SoCal Rock with Glam-metal Attitude, Sept. 17 2002
This review is from: Firehouse (Audio CD)
The debut album from Firehouse is one of my top 5 favorite albums from the glam/hair metal scene. Even though these guys aren't actually glam artists, they are lumped in with that particular category because they fit much more nicely with that than the alt/grunge rock scene that started in the early 90's. Firehouse is definitely NOT alt/grunge. They are like... like a polished, edgier Dokken-mixed-with-White Lion mixed with Cherry Pie-era Warrant.
Firehouse is simple, straightforward Southern California rock from the early 90's. This album is DEFINITELY the gem of their career. It's solid through and through: the songwriting is VERY tight, the guitar work absolutely blistering and razor-sharp, and there is an amount of party-fun, sass and attitude that are found on Warrant's (Cherry Pie) and Ratt's (Out of the Cellar, Dancing Undercover) best work. There isn't a single filler track on this album. Many bands go an entire career without being able to boast that. Firehouse would only do that on this album, but OH is this album worth a spin in the player.
1. Rock on the Radio: 9/10 Chunky rhythm, awesome guitar work. Check out the transition from the song's chant-like intro to the beginning of the actual "song" part of the song.
2. All She Wrote: 10/10 Never release as a single, but widely believed that it would have been their second-biggest hit on the album after "Love of a Lifetime." The guitars chug and rip throughout, and the songwriting is TIGHT. Vox are good too. One of my two favs on the album.
3. Shake and Tumble: 8/10 As with every single song on the album (save for #8), the guitarwork/distortion sound is blistering and awesome. Got a great stop-and-start tempo.
4. Don't Treat Me Bad: 8/10 Slightly more fluid than the previous song, with a nice chunky groove to boot.
5. Oughta Be a Law: 10/10 Awwww hell yeah! This song is chock full of attitude. IMO, this song is the best on this album as far as the guitarwork. The distortion sound runs rampant throughout, the vox are great, and the did I mention the guitars? BLISTERING! Edgy-- like someone shredding metal with razors, but in a really cool way. My other fav. Buy the album if for no other reason than to hear this song. Three thumbs up.
6. Lover's Lane: 10/10 Fast, driving, bottom-heavy rhythm with sex and sass. Reminds me a lot of "Dancing Undercover"-era Ratt (1986), which, by the way, is also a solid album (see my Ratt reviews).
7. Home Is Where the Heart Is: 7/10 A medium-tempo song, not quite a ballad. The lyrics on this one are a bit campy, but the vox and chugging, sharp guitars make this song worth at least a listen. Not the best on the album, but the musicmanship is far too good for less than a 7/10.
8. Don't Walk Away: 8/10 Powerful instruments, very good vox, and the usual tight guitarwork. Memorable tune-- listen a couple times and you'll be singing it to yourself the rest of the day. (Of course, that's true with most of these.)
9. Seasons of Change: 4/10 This is the one song on this album that I really don't care for. It's an acoustic instrumental, and in its own rite on an album with more acoustic instrumentals it would shine. But on this album it just doesn't fit, though it does serve as a breather between the first 8 songs and the next 3.
10. Overnight Sensation: 9/10 One of the big songs from this album, and it's easy to see why. It's probably the fastest and most driving on the album, has the sharp guitars, and good lyrics. Tied for "most upbeat/fastest song" along with "Lover's Lane."
11. Love of a Lifetime: 10/10 I'm not much of a ballads guy; most are just too stinkin' slow. But this is actually the song that got me interested in the band! The best vocals on the album can be found here, as well as powerful riffs and squeals from the lead guitarist to complement the lyrics. A solid, solid song, and a ballad that even guys that don't care for power ballads (like me) will willingly admit to liking. (My last girlfriend LOVED it!)
12. Helpless: 8/10 This song closes out the album very nicely, and ties things together before the CD ends. Good selection as the last song. It's very up-tempo, and seems to bring the best aspects from every song together. It sounds even better if listened to right after "Love of a Lifetime," as it picks the pace back up from ballad-land.
So there you have it: my review for Firehouse's debut album. If you like Ratt, White Lion, Warrant, 3 Doors Down, Motley Crue's Dr. Feelgood, Steelheart, or just general SoCal style rock, I HIGHLY recommend shelling out the 12 bucks for this album (or less for a used copy just to try it). You won't be disappointed.

Under Lock and Key
Under Lock and Key
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 23.53
12 used & new from CDN$ 3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Dokken's Best Album, Aug. 10 2002
This review is from: Under Lock and Key (Audio CD)
If it's possible to say there is a "better" Dokken album of their four 80's studio LPs ("Breaking the Chains," "Tooth and Nail," "Under Lock and Key," "Back for the Attack"), an avid, objective 80's metal fan would probably tell you that this album is their best overall. Their heaviest? No. That honor goes to their '87 release "Back for the Attack." Their rawest? No, not that either. That would be "Tooth and Nail." But their biggest commercial and metal success simultaneously? Yup. Their biggest? Probably-- this album awakened a legion of female fans to Dokken's inimitable style. And their finest? By far; there isn't a single filler track, not a single poorly produced track on this album.
Dokken's vocals on this album are, in my opinion, at their pinnacle in this album. Just listen to him hit the soaring notes in "Slippin' Away," an awesome ballad, or sample his vocal power in "Lightning Strikes Again." "Unchain the Night" is another example of how Dokken outshines most other 80's metal wailers [vocally]. This album is proof positive that Don Dokken is one of the 80's best vocalists. He injects passion and vitality into Dokken's songs.
...but Don would be "just another band" without their signature sound-- that of axeman George Lynch. His guitar talent and skill rivals that of other of the 80's best axemen-- no joke. Any of his solos on this album will prove that. Check out the solo in "Unchain the Night" to be persuaded. The crisp, clean distortion sound that jumps off of his guitar in this album was/is one of the definitive sounds in 80's metal. Lynch seems to be able to make the standard pings, squeals, crunches, riffs, and chugs seem extraordinary. For some of his best solos on this album also check out "The Hunter," "In My Dreams," and "Till the Livin' End". But let us not overlook the passion of his guitar in "Slippin' Away" and "Jaded Heart." Nor the sheer power in "It's Not Love" (one of the three BIG hits from this album), "Lightning Strikes Again," "Don't Lie To Me," and "Till the Livin' End."
Pure and simple: Lynch is beyond awesome! (For what I think is his best solo ever, see Dokken's '87 "Back For the Attack" release for the instrumental "Mr. Scary" showcasing Lynch at his finest.)
There are three major singles from this album (tracks 1, 3, and 6), but there isn't one song on here that could be considered filler. This album is solid throughout.
"Under Lock and Key," with a mix of fast songs, blistering guitar riffs and solos, soaring vocals, and tight songwriting, is one of the 80's best metal albums-- despite the fact that it is clumped under the "glam metal" genre.
This albums is a MUST HAVE for any 80's metal fan, or for any fan of top-notch guitar work. BUY IT NOW!

Reach for the Sky
Reach for the Sky
Offered by PaperbackshopCA
Price: CDN$ 9.47
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleaze Factor High!, July 24 2002
This review is from: Reach for the Sky (Audio CD)
Ratt's fifth release (fourth on major label), "Reach For the Sky," continues their swaggering style, their sleazy LA-style lyrics, and the Ratt sound forward through the end (*sniff*) of the 1980's. While some songs take a bit of a musical twist on typical Ratt stuff, this album is still distinctly, undeniably RATT in all of their glory.
Actually, I like the amount of sleaze in this release more than I do in their '85 album "Invasion of Your Privacy," and this album is neck-to-neck in competition with their 1986 "Dancing Undercover" for sexual inuendoes and lyrical sleaze. DeMartini's guitar also continues to blister, ingiting your stereo with "I Want a Woman," "Don't Bite the Hand That Feeds," and "City To City." "Chain Reaction" is fast, driving, and heavy, and "Bottom Line" is probably one of the best tracks on this album.
While I wouldn't recommend this CD to a beginner looking to experience Ratt, this IS a solid release, and established Ratt fans won't have a problem wearing out their stereos with this album.
For the Ratt experience, I recommend in this order: 1) "Out of the Cellar," 2) "Invasion of Your Privacy," 3) "Dancing Undercover", then 4) "Reach For the Sky." Their fifth major release, "Detonator," has its good moments, but doesn't stack up to their 80's releases.

Page: 1 | 2