Profile for Harley's mom > Reviews

Content by Harley's mom

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Harley's mom

Silo 49: Going Dark
Silo 49: Going Dark
Price: CDN$ 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent addition to the Silo Series!, June 3 2014
I so enjoyed Hugh Howey's Wool books that I felt compelled to read your version. I felt this book (and I've already read the follow up book and am on the third one now) stayed very true to Howey's world, plus added some additional dimension to the silo world. If I didn't see that these books were written by a different author I could very well have thought Howey wrote them as well.

Well done! I'll be watching for more books - more please, Ann Christy!

CyberStorm
CyberStorm

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good read, Sept. 23 2013
This review is from: CyberStorm (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book once I was into it, and had trouble putting it down. I liked the way the author didn't just have everything devolve too rapidly into chaos, and showed that many people still held onto their essential goodness and humanity even when conditions continue to deteriorate. I felt this is an all too possible scenario, which I find the most enjoyable science fiction - imagining that it could happen.

There are many books similar to this out there, and being a science fiction fan I've tried to read many of them. I've actually been unable to get very far into them though, either because of too much of a fantasy element (my pet peeve is that they lump Science Fiction and Fantasy together in many book stores - in my opinion they're quite different) or because some of them almost read like a catalogue of expensive items the characters have readied themselves with. I felt this book was a little more realistic in making me feel that I could also start to be prepared for any situation that might arise, and had more fully defined characters than in many of the other books. The ending was a nice surprise too, if maybe slightly unrealistic. This book has inspired me to start our own household preparations in my own small way (no night-vision goggles or expensive equipment!). Well done, and I'll be sure to check out more of this author's books.

Multivet Anti Bark Citronella Spray Collar
Multivet Anti Bark Citronella Spray Collar
Offered by Aniluxe
Price: CDN$ 52.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 35.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Best for single pet families, Jan. 13 2011
The collar does work as it's supposed to. Unfortunately when 2 dogs are barking at the same time, there's spray flying everywhere. Our dogs even appeared to have a duel with it. One was refraining from barking because he didn't like the spray and the other dog kept following him around and spraying the whole time. It unfortunately didn't work for our dogs, although I think it might if it was just the one dog to train.