Profile for kenew > Reviews

Content by kenew

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

"kenew" (Kahlotus, WA. USA)

Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
Vagabonding: An Uncommon Guide to the Art of Long-Term World Travel
by Rolf Potts
Price: CDN$ 13.68
33 used & new from CDN$ 6.18

5.0 out of 5 stars Vagabonding: An Uncommonguide to the Art of Long-Term World, Jan. 8 2003
Zorba said it best, "Life is trouble, only death is not. To be alive you've got to undo your belt and look for trouble". When I've undone my belt and followed my heart without fear ... no, without letting my fear dictate and control my journey ... I've always found adventure worth remembering, friends worth keeping and returned with no regrets.
VAGABONDING is a small, practical and useful guide for the art of "looking for trouble" and living without regrets. Potts writes intelligently from his heart and experience. His book provides useful information, wonderful access to resources (especially internet resources) and reason to examine the choices we make, especially those we use to remain in our comfortable and often dull status quo.
My journey has been most fulfilling when I've undone my belt and stepped away from the perceived safety of my status quo. VAGABONDING (whether to distant corners of our sweet earth or the the neighborhood mall for convenient purchases) provides both advice on traveling well and reasons to travel adventurously.
This book is a keeper. It will fit lightly in my day pack wherever I choose to journey.