ARRAY(0xb37b2420)

Profile for Kennedy Smith > Reviews

Content by Kennedy Smith

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Kennedy Smith "Kenk" (Aurora, CO USA)

Casper
Casper
Offered by Vanderbilt CA
Price: CDN$ 15.95
9 used & new from CDN$ 10.95

4.0 out of 5 stars One Hit Wonder, Nov. 3 2003
This review is from: Casper (Audio CD)
I never would have expected a cheesy children's movie to have great music, but Casper totally surprised me. I purchased this soundtrack because I loved the movie, although I was a bit disappointed. Most of the songs on the CD aren't that great for stand-alone listening. If you're a film score buff like me, then you'll be appalled by "Remember Me This Way" and the "Casper the Friendly Ghost" theme. However, I suppose some people may find the vocal ballad moving, and the Casper theme song is kind of cute (in a very ugly way). The best part of the soundtrack is "Casper's Lullaby", which is the main reason I purchased the CD. It is also reiterated in "Descent Into Lazerus". This theme is powerful, emotional, and quite breathtaking. If there were any reason to buy this mediocre soundtrack, it would be for those two songs. I recommend buying it used like I did, for $1.99. "Casper's Lullaby" is well worth your two dollars.

Granny, the
Granny, the
VHS

2.0 out of 5 stars A New Role Model for Hagglers Everywhere!, Nov. 2 2003
This review is from: Granny, the (VHS Tape)
The term "haggler", contrary to what most people think when they hear it ("one who haggles"), has become a great inside joke word to me and my friends. A haggler, to us, is an old frump with an ugly voice, who may or may not make ugly faces and gestures. It developed from characters like the Granny, and old hags that can only be imitated with raspy exaggeration and by plugging your nose. But about the movie.. all I can say is that by all conventional standards, it is truly terrible. Most reviewers have already said that the plot sucks, it has bad acting and bad make-up, etc. The Granny was entertaining, but far from being a good movie. The *ONLY* reason I would recommend this movie to anyone is that it will make you laugh. If you enjoy ridiculous horror movies like me, you won't be disappointed, but don't even think about buying it otherwise.

Monsturd [Import]
Monsturd [Import]
DVD ~ Paul Weiner
3 used & new from CDN$ 42.84

2.0 out of 5 stars What a Dumpy Movie, Nov. 2 2003
This review is from: Monsturd [Import] (DVD)
To be honest, I never purchased this product, I rented it from Blockbuster once. My friends and I were trying to find the dumbest horror movie we could find, AND WE WERE SUCCESSFUL. You will NEVER, EVER see a worse movie than Monsturd. With the main character named "Jack Schmitt", you can't really expect an Academy Award. This movie looks like a very low-budget student film. The plot is awful, the actors are terrible, and the music is turgid, to say the least. The only redeeming quality about this movie (and I use that term loosely) is its comic value. My friends and I got exactly what we wanted: a terrible horror film. We were rolling on the floor laughing at several points in the movie, either because of plot discrepancies or just good old fashioned ridiculousness. I wouldn't spend any money on this movie, but I would recommend renting it and showing it to anyone who will laugh at something so stupid. But if you think you're going to walk away with a well-crafted scary movie, you'll be extremely disappointed.