ARRAY(0xbfb98018)

Profile for jane austen > Reviews

Content by jane austen

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

jane austen "memline" (HAVRE, MT USA)

Page: 1 | 2
Balance Of Trade
Balance Of Trade
by Sharon Lee
17 used & new from CDN$ 1.46

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK!, March 13 2004
This review is from: Balance Of Trade (Hardcover)
As usual with Lee and Miller, this book is a fun read with well developed characters. They seem capable of taking a simple plot and making it interesting because one is interested in the characters, where they came from and where they are going. I hope the characters continue, but then, I say that about all their books. I hope they continue writing and I will take what I can get.

DVD ~ Elijah Wood
Price: CDN$ 25.99
21 used & new from CDN$ 6.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely outstanding!!, Sept. 6 2003
Forget quibbles about minute details, this is an outstanding achievement and DOES follow the books in all ways necessary. I could not believe how well this has been put together. The casting is fantastic, the story runs well, even jumping between the various actors so we know what is going on all over Middle Earth. It is wonderful. To address a few of the details, if jackson had not added a little point here or there, the 3rd movie would be a bit short as the 3rd book is half appendix. It also the changes also explain things that are more difficult to put into a visual format. They work well. I, for one, am delighted with the whole thing and this is a monumental achievement. Congrats to Jackson and cast on a job well done!

DVD ~ Elijah Wood

The Eyre Affair
by Jasper Fforde
125 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, fun, and full of puns----, July 2 2003
This review is from: The Eyre Affair (Paperback)
This was such a fun book. Just like a previous reviewer, I laughed out loud often. The puns are hilarious and I am sure I missed some. The more you have read, the more you get out of this,i.e the discussion about "Love's Labour Won"? How could you not chortle? However, it was not just a bunch of puns strung together. In fact, most were subtle. No, it had a plot with a beginning, a middle and an end. How nice. I have already bought book two, and am looking forword to delving into it.

Target Lock
Target Lock
by James Cobb
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
31 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his best, BUT-------, June 23 2003
Better than nothing, which is all we have had for the last few years. I know the guy writes slow, but I do wish he would get on the stick. I love all of his books, and even though I wasn't quite as enamored of this one, I still want Amanda to continue and to have learned from her mistake and get into more action and thoughtful ideas that make her even better. I agree that I also want some of my favorite characters to reemerge, but not necessarily Arkady. I enjoy Amanda and want her to continue developing. If not Amanda, someone else can be introduced, but get with it. I just like Cobb's books. I reread WEST ON 66 often and enjoy it, too.

Seventh Inning Stretch
Seventh Inning Stretch
by Elizabeth Gunn
20 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series!, Oct. 31 2002
This review is from: Seventh Inning Stretch (Hardcover)
What can I say? I just really love this series. I found Jake quite by accident on a bargain table and took a chance. This was really serendipity. I promptly bought all that were written and have kept up ever since. I am eagerly awaiting # 8 as I have gotten involved with these characters. MEMLINE

Permanence
Permanence
by Karl Schroeder
14 used & new from CDN$ 12.00

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fun reading experience........, June 14 2002
This review is from: Permanence (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Rue and watching her develop. This is my first Schroeder book and I will keep my eye on him. I hope he has other books, equally good, coming our way. His characters and their reactions develop well and some, as you might expect from their personalities and handicaps, don't develop at all. I enjoyed the book, my # 1 criteria for a book of pleasure reading.

I Dare
I Dare
by Sharon Lee
16 used & new from CDN$ 12.22

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best yet!, Feb. 20 2002
This review is from: I Dare (Paperback)
I read the book nonstop until the end and am now in the process of reading it again. I prepared, of course, by reading all the others again first. I was one of those who found these authors way back when and kept their books. I always wondered what happened next and could NOT believe that I wasn't going to find out. Thanks to Stephen Pagel and Meisha Merlin, my belief was not misplaced and the saga is continuing. I hope Sharon Lee and Steve Miller keep writing away. Start from the beginning, though, and read them all for continuity. Don't forget the short stories about this universe. Find them somewhere.

Dead Sleep
Dead Sleep
by Greg Iles
45 used & new from CDN$ 0.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, Sept. 23 2001
This review is from: Dead Sleep (Hardcover)
Mr. Iles is a new author for me and I have found a new friend. I really enjoyed this book and plan to read more. Good characters, different plot, logical follow up and clues given. A treat-------

Sea Strike
Sea Strike
by James Cobb
Edition: Mass Market Paperback
47 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS SERIES!!!!!1, Sept. 23 2001
This review is from: Sea Strike (Mass Market Paperback)
I hope that Mr. Cobb continues with the saga of Amanda Garrett. With some of the other characters and ideas already showing in hints in all three books of the series, it seems that there is room for many more of her adventures. I wish Mr. Cobb could write faster, but I am willing to wait for the good book. I am sure the wait will be worth it. Please, keep working Mr. Cobb. We are eagerly awaiting your results.

Page: 1 | 2