summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools Family
Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 98

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
VIZIO D50u-D1 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED Smart TV (2016 Model)
VIZIO D50u-D1 50-Inch 4K Ultra HD 120Hz LED Smart TV (2016 Model)
Price: CDN$ 699.99
6 used & new from CDN$ 650.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Super value, watch out for those angles!, June 19 2016
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (what's this)
For the last month, I've been enjoying this Vizio 50" 4K smart TV. I wanted to thoroughly test it, I've only heard horror (lagging) stories when it comes to 4K TV's. Here's how it turned out

Before the TV arrived, I had already decided to switch out my (2012) 55LM6400 LG TV in our family room for the Vizio. I wanted to get a good feel for the TV, in most or all scenario's.

The physical appearance of this unit is nice; it has a thin profile and sleek black edges. I did notice that while moving the unit, the screen came away from the frame in a top corner. Oops! I don't think that's supposed to happen... I'm not sure if this is just my unit, but it's something to watch for and be cautious about.

The remote is handy, I like the Netflix button because I subscribe to it. Overall I do wish they had invested a little more cash into the remote. The buttons feel very cheap, but they do work! Which is what counts in the end. I don't think I'll have an issue with it, it's only used by adults. I just worry hah

Turning the TV on and setting it up was easy, the hard part was remembering my WiFi password! I have an AC dual bandwidth router. I set it up on my 5GHz band. There's far too many 2.4GHz signals around my home, but no one has 5GHz running. The signal for 5GHz is pretty decent. All of my electronics have a bad signal while I'm in my bedroom, but this TV gets a moderate signal. It's definitely better then my handheld devices & WiFi Blu-ray player.

The only app that I use is Netflix. It plays everything smoothly, no lag or stutter. I also love that the app mirrors the PlayStation app for Netflix. It's smooth running, easy to look at & use.

The general settings were easy to play with. I like the fact that I can totally turn off the TV's speakers in the audio settings. So regardless of you clicking volume up or down, the TV will tell you the speakers are off. This is a handy feature if you're using an external speaker system. I also like that I can name each connection on the TV, that way when I'm flipping through the inputs, I actually don't have to memorize which HDMI port the PS4 is connected to (as an example) You have to play with the settings, as you do with all new TVs. It can be frustrating, but you'll get your right picture. It actually took me a few days of watching and tweaking before I found what I liked.

Overall, the picture is fantastic. The blacks are nice and deep and the details are very crisp. BUT if this screen is viewed on an angle(right or left side), everything goes ultra bright white. You can't see everything clearly anymore. I would highly recommend a full motion wall mount for the TV. That way you can position it if your needs change.

When 4K TVs started popping up, I remember reading reports of lag with sports and video games. One thing I can say is, I haven't noticed that with this TV. The game's I tested were all single player. Perhaps those reviews were for online games? I just know that in both sports and gaming this TV preforms very well.

Tested the screen with:
Sports (in general, we watch them all)
Everyday Satellite TV
Uncharted 4: A thief's end (PS4)
Dragon Age Inquisition (PS4)
Assassins Creed II (PS3)
Netflix (through TV app)

I decided to get a wall mount. It's going in my bedroom for the long haul, and I really wanted to free up space on the top of my dresser. I had hoped that the screws for the legs would also fit the VESA screw holes. No deal! They're way to skinny and they're to long. This Vizio TV is VESA 200x200. And you'll need M6x20 sized screws. I tried M6x25 screws but they were touch too long.

Overall this TV is a fantastic value. I would definitely recommend it, especially if viewing angles aren't an issue. I hope this helps!

Rubbermaid 1784455 FastTrack Compact Hanging Hook
Rubbermaid 1784455 FastTrack Compact Hanging Hook
Price: CDN$ 7.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for recycling bins, June 7 2016
I just painted and organized my garage. I picked up the fast track system to help me in this quest. I wanted to get a couple of my recycling bins off the floor and on the wall, they were taking up precious floor space!

I was actually worried these wouldn't stay in place. They don't have clips like the larger hooks have. I decided to try them out anyway, and I was pleasantly surprised that they do click in place. Thank goodness! Anyway here's how it worked out!

Highly recommended, I hope this helps!

Whitmor 6046-13 Supreme Garment Care Collection Over the Door Shoe Organizer, Clear
Offered by BIC Warehouse - (Includes all tax and Duties)
Price: CDN$ 30.18
6 used & new from CDN$ 17.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for garage storage!, June 7 2016
When I started cleaning up and painting inside my garage, I knew I needed one of these to hold odds and ends. I chose the clear vinyl so that if a mess is made, it's easy to clean. If I need to find something, it's easy to see. When I put it up my spouse was so happy, a place for everything! As you can see, I used wood screws and screwed it directly into the wall. It works great!

Highly recommended!

Crawford Prod Div of Jarden Safety 1851A 47-Piece Peg Hook, Assorted
Crawford Prod Div of Jarden Safety 1851A 47-Piece Peg Hook, Assorted
Price: CDN$ 8.69
12 used & new from CDN$ 5.43

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy for hanging smaller items, June 7 2016
For what it is, it's great. I can't use the clips on my board, there isn't enough of a grip for it to hold. I heard of others heating them up and bending them better. I'll have to see if it's worth the effort! As you can see the packaging took some abuse. Not sure when that happened! I'm using these with some heavier duty hooks. But I've supplied photos so you can see exactly what you get.

Hopefully this helps

Seville Classics UDHF20335 UltraHD 24-Inch X 48-Inch Steel Pegboard Set
Seville Classics UDHF20335 UltraHD 24-Inch X 48-Inch Steel Pegboard Set
Price: CDN$ 65.39
5 used & new from CDN$ 65.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended with caution!, June 7 2016
I've been wanting to clean up the garage for several years. I live in a 4 year old home and I wanted to better protect my investment. So I painted the walls and organized! I needed a place for my tools and after configuring my shelf, I found this product to be best suited for the space.

It arrived nicely packaged. The cardboard was fairly thick. Opening it up, I was pleasantly surprised that the hooks included were nice and thick, definitely heavy duty. I was very happy that I ordered a wider variety of hooks from another manufacturer, these are heavy duty but they're not good for smaller items.

The boards themselves are nice and sturdy. One thing that caught my eye; there were more then a few paint chips right out of the box on both boards. It's nothing major, but I was wanting to install it upon opening and didn't want to go through an exchange. I hope that decision doesn't bite me later!

Install was simple, my walls are uneven in the garage so perfect placement was sort of out of my reach. As you can see they line up together nicely but there's a small gap between them. This made using the two together impossible; the hooks simply can't reach that far. This was when I realized one of the larger hooks included was bent. I was not happy...but because of my silly walls, this bent hook fit in the middle. It's what's holding my hammers.

So it worked out, but it wasn't how it should have been. I do think this set is a great value, especially since local hardware stores sell one board for nearly the same price and zero accessories. But it's definitely not perfect. I would love it if Seville Classics sold the same heavy duty hooks but with smaller ends for smaller items, as well as selling the hooks included in this set, on their own in packages of 30 or something to purchase separately. I'd buy them! They're so worth it, they mostly stay in place compared to other brands.

Recommended with caution. Make sure you thoroughly look through the contents before installing, incase any of my issues come up. I hope this helps!

United Solutions CD0002 Mini Caddy Storage Basket in Taupe-Attractive Utility Tote Caddy Keeps Items Contained to Organize your Home
Price: CDN$ 5.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Garden Caddy, May 13 2016
I built a new vegetable garden this spring. I realized that I didn't want to go back and forth from the garage when I needed tools. So I went out and got an outdoor storage seat.

Inside the seat, I added an air tight container, but I wanted something where I could easily grab my tools for quick touch ups in the garden. I found this caddy, and I'm so glad I did!

As you can see, it fits all my items with a bit of room to spare.

I was skeptical about buying this because I wasn't aware of the measurements. So I've included those for any one wanting to purchase this going forward!

The bottom tappers a bit, so I have both measurements. All measurements are in inches.

Small compartment: 2"x3" top, 2"x2" bottom
Medium compartment: 5"x3" top, 4"x2" bottom
Large compartment: 8⅝"x3" top, 7"x2" bottom

Overall: 9"x9"
Side height: 4"
Height with handle: 7"

It appears that it will last a long time. Overall, the plastic is thick, accept for the handle. It's a bit thinner, but I don't forsee it breaking with regular use.

I'm happy with my purchase, I hope this helps!

Knape & Vogt QT20PB-WH Replacement Trash Can, 16 by 14.25 by 7.25-Inch
Knape & Vogt QT20PB-WH Replacement Trash Can, 16 by 14.25 by 7.25-Inch
Price: CDN$ 14.52
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my use!, April 14 2016
In the fall, I set out to change my cleaning habits. I decided I hated tossing paper towels in the trash. Quite literally, I was throwing my money away. So I went cold turkey and bought a lot of bar mop towels.

I needed a container to hold the dirty ones. A container that was slim enough and tall enough to fit in my odd shaped space, and I [finally] found this.

As you can see, I used my drill to make air holes on the sides of the container. That along with a mesh bag, makes sure that there's plenty of air flow. I do 1-2 loads [of laundry] of towels a week so it never sits for long.

This trash can is very thick/durable. It's built to last! It took a considerable amount of force to drill through it. It's easy to clean and the dimensions are correct.

I'm very happy with my purchase. I hope this helps

InterDesign Linus Stackable Single Serve Coffee Pod Holder with Lid for Kitchen Pantry, Countertops - 2-Tier, Holds 29 Capsules, Clear
Price: CDN$ 28.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic way to see what you have!, Jan. 21 2016
I bought this because I purchase my cups from a K Cup store. They're all sold individually, making a big mess in my drawer. I needed to have a better system for my overflow cups, and I think I've found it!

All my cups fit, with the acception of bigger packaging like McCafe cups. I'm thinking I might take them out of their packages and place the inside cup in the organizer. Not sure if that will effect the taste though. So I will see hah

The reason why I docked a star is because I don't fully trust the hinge on this. It's plastic too and doesn't seem ultra sturdy. Be careful when opening this bad boy! It's still holding strong, so my advice is, don't be aggressive with this and you should be fine!

Overall, recommended!

Whitmor 6789-3065 6-Section Clear Drawer Organizer
Whitmor 6789-3065 6-Section Clear Drawer Organizer
Price: CDN$ 11.96
11 used & new from CDN$ 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars My makeup is organized!, Jan. 21 2016
I purchase a MALM 6-drawer chest w/mirror for myself for Christmas. My plan was to keep all accessories in it. Jewelry, scarves, belts etc. One drawer I wanted dedicated to my makeup. Here's how it turned out!

I own over 35 Interdesign drawer organizers and this is no comparison. But for what it is, it's great! The plastic is on the thin side, but unless you're moving the tray around a lot (or dropping it on a hard floor), I don't think you'd have an issue with breakage. There's no grippy feet on this, so it has the potential to slide around on any surface. You could use cabinet door bumpers to help with that or get yourself drawer liners.

I paired this with 'Whitmor 6789-3067 3-Section Clear Drawer Organizer, Small' and as you can see, it's near perfect sizing together.

For reference, here's the inside measurements
3 small sections: 3 "x3 "
2 medium sections: 5 "x 3 "
1 large section: 3 "x11 "

Hope this helps! I'm very happy with this purchase, Recommended!

InterDesign Wall Mount, Two Tier, Mail & Key Rack, Metallico
InterDesign Wall Mount, Two Tier, Mail & Key Rack, Metallico
Price: CDN$ 36.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorts my coupons and mail, Jan. 16 2016
I wanted my fridge cleared off. I noticed others weren't as careful as I was when placing magnets on the stainless steel surface. My fridge was getting scratched up! So I started thinking of other means to hold my coupons and my odds & ends and came across this.

I didn't buy this for the hooks. They're more of a bonus, I have 5 hooks at the front door, so these hooks are for overflow hanging.

Installation was a breeze! The organizer comes with 4 plugs & screws. I had no studs to work with, so I used all of the plugs. None of them broke on me going in (thank goodness). After getting the plugs in, I needed a second pair of hands. My arms had had it hah and it's kind of heavy. Which is what you want! Just be aware you might need some help (if you're a weakling like myself hah)

I'm loving the look of it, I'll likely be back to purchase more for family. For reference, each tier inside is: 2 ⅛"D x 10"W. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12