march boutiques-francophones Unlimited cloud storage snsflyout Kitchen Introducing Kindle Oasis Music Deals Store sports Tools Family
Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 94

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12
Knape & Vogt QT20PB-WH Replacement Trash Can, 16 by 14.25 by 7.25-Inch
Knape & Vogt QT20PB-WH Replacement Trash Can, 16 by 14.25 by 7.25-Inch
Price: CDN$ 14.52
2 used & new from CDN$ 14.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my use!, April 14 2016
In the fall, I set out to change my cleaning habits. I decided I hated tossing paper towels in the trash. Quite literally, I was throwing my money away. So I went cold turkey and bought a lot of bar mop towels.

I needed a container to hold the dirty ones. A container that was slim enough and tall enough to fit in my odd shaped space, and I [finally] found this.

As you can see, I used my drill to make air holes on the sides of the container. That along with a mesh bag, makes sure that there's plenty of air flow. I do 1-2 loads [of laundry] of towels a week so it never sits for long.

This trash can is very thick/durable. It's built to last! It took a considerable amount of force to drill through it. It's easy to clean and the dimensions are correct.

I'm very happy with my purchase. I hope this helps

Twelve (12) Black Microfiber Cleaning and Storage Pouch / Sack / Cases for Sunglasses and Eyeglasses
Offered by 5zero1
Price: CDN$ 5.70
2 used & new from CDN$ 5.70

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price and fast shipping, Jan. 28 2016
Arrived within days, they're soft on the inside and out. I purchased these for my 3D glasses, it's much better then the plastic sleeves they came in! Now I can clean the lenses with the pouch they're in. Perfect

InterDesign Linus Stackable Single Serve Coffee Pod Holder with Lid for Kitchen Pantry, Countertops - 2-Tier, Holds 29 Capsules, Clear
Price: CDN$ 28.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 28.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic way to see what you have!, Jan. 21 2016
I bought this because I purchase my cups from a K Cup store. They're all sold individually, making a big mess in my drawer. I needed to have a better system for my overflow cups, and I think I've found it!

All my cups fit, with the acception of bigger packaging like McCafe cups. I'm thinking I might take them out of their packages and place the inside cup in the organizer. Not sure if that will effect the taste though. So I will see hah

The reason why I docked a star is because I don't fully trust the hinge on this. It's plastic too and doesn't seem ultra sturdy. Be careful when opening this bad boy! It's still holding strong, so my advice is, don't be aggressive with this and you should be fine!

Overall, recommended!

Whitmor 6789-3065 6-Section Clear Drawer Organizer
Whitmor 6789-3065 6-Section Clear Drawer Organizer
Price: CDN$ 11.96
7 used & new from CDN$ 11.96

5.0 out of 5 stars My makeup is organized!, Jan. 21 2016
I purchase a MALM 6-drawer chest w/mirror for myself for Christmas. My plan was to keep all accessories in it. Jewelry, scarves, belts etc. One drawer I wanted dedicated to my makeup. Here's how it turned out!

I own over 35 Interdesign drawer organizers and this is no comparison. But for what it is, it's great! The plastic is on the thin side, but unless you're moving the tray around a lot (or dropping it on a hard floor), I don't think you'd have an issue with breakage. There's no grippy feet on this, so it has the potential to slide around on any surface. You could use cabinet door bumpers to help with that or get yourself drawer liners.

I paired this with 'Whitmor 6789-3067 3-Section Clear Drawer Organizer, Small' and as you can see, it's near perfect sizing together.

For reference, here's the inside measurements
3 small sections: 3 "x3 "
2 medium sections: 5 "x 3 "
1 large section: 3 "x11 "

Hope this helps! I'm very happy with this purchase, Recommended!

InterDesign Wall Mount, Two Tier, Mail & Key Rack, Metallico
InterDesign Wall Mount, Two Tier, Mail & Key Rack, Metallico
Price: CDN$ 36.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Sorts my coupons and mail, Jan. 16 2016
I wanted my fridge cleared off. I noticed others weren't as careful as I was when placing magnets on the stainless steel surface. My fridge was getting scratched up! So I started thinking of other means to hold my coupons and my odds & ends and came across this.

I didn't buy this for the hooks. They're more of a bonus, I have 5 hooks at the front door, so these hooks are for overflow hanging.

Installation was a breeze! The organizer comes with 4 plugs & screws. I had no studs to work with, so I used all of the plugs. None of them broke on me going in (thank goodness). After getting the plugs in, I needed a second pair of hands. My arms had had it hah and it's kind of heavy. Which is what you want! Just be aware you might need some help (if you're a weakling like myself hah)

I'm loving the look of it, I'll likely be back to purchase more for family. For reference, each tier inside is: 2 ⅛"D x 10"W. Highly recommended!

InterDesign Linus Fashion Jewelry Vanity and Drawer Organizer Organizer Tray for Rings, Earrings, Bracelets, Necklaces - Clear
Price: CDN$ 27.50
33 used & new from CDN$ 27.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect in my MALM 6-drawer chest w/mirror, Jan. 8 2016
All I wanted was an IKEA MALM 6-drawer chest for my closet. I dreamed that my jewels, makeup and accessories could all live in harmony together within it...and now they do!

The drawer still hides a few inches (two rows), as you can see, but I placed items I never touch back there. Works out well. The lid is handy in case I ever need to travel with it. I love it! I wish I could have fit the large trays as well but alas they're too long for my new drawers.

Measurements are a little off, they're different than what Amazon lists above. Not by much, please refer to the photos. Overall I'm very satisfied with this set, I'll probably be back for gifts later!

I couldn't be happier, I'll be picking up some more drawer liners from IKEA to prevent it from sliding around so much.

Highly recommended!

InterDesign Twillo Spice Rack, Organizer for Kitchen Pantry, Cabinet, Countertops - Wide, 3-Tier, Metallico/Clear
Price: CDN$ 21.99
7 used & new from CDN$ 21.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Perfume Storage, Jan. 5 2016
This is the same item as 'InterDesign Linus Kitchen Countertop or Cabinet Stadium Spice Rack Organizer, Clear'. Accept that someone grabbed a hot glue gun and glued these plastic/metallic looking woven fabric to the bottoms.

For those of you who may be picky (nothing wrong with that!) Mine arrived with the woven fabric being lumpy or wavy. Like someone rushed putting it on. It's also not cut out perfectly. You may get some imperfections. I'm hoping some time with my perfumes will flatten it out.

Besides this, (which may be an issue for some) it's looking and working great! It's not out in the open so I don't have to worry about it looking perfect. I have my perfumes on the top two tiers and smaller items like lip balm and nail polish on the bottom tier.

All in all this is great for my needs. If the extra $$$ is worth it for the woven bottom then go for this! It keeps items from sliding around as far as I can tell. For reference, each tier is 2 "x9 " inches.

Hope this helps!

Spectrum 11510 Scroll Single Cup Coffee Caddy, Black
Spectrum 11510 Scroll Single Cup Coffee Caddy, Black
Price: CDN$ 22.39
9 used & new from CDN$ 22.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, can be a pain for wall installs, Dec 9 2015
From the beginning, I've always had the intention of mounting this to the wall. The stand got in my way, so I grabbed some tools and bent it out of shape until it popped out on both sides. It took some work, I had to avoid bending the unit itself. I'll probably be sore tomorrow, but I got it off.

I thought I'd be able to use 3M command photo strips to mount this. No deal! Screwing it in wasn't easy either. One of the plugs included with the unit broke halfway going in. Thankfully I had some extras in my toolbox, so I was able to continue installing it.

The organizer itself is nice, a bit of the black paint was scratched off in one area. I used my paint marker to touch it up. In the top left hand corner; the metal bar was installed a bit crooked, so the cup that fits in it has to squeeze in a little. Something went wrong in the manufacturing process, but it wasn't so awful that I needed to send it back.

If you're thinking of a wall install, just remember to have spare plugs handy. Unless you know they're not needed. Recommended :)

Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer, Black
Keurig 2.0 K400 Brewer, Black
Price: CDN$ 158.00
14 used & new from CDN$ 134.30

4.0 out of 5 stars McCafe was the first cup used in my system, and it was glorious!, Dec 5 2015
For 3 years I've wanted a keurig machine. When this system listed for under $100 last week, I took it as a sign! It preheats in about 2 min, giving you plenty of time to get your mug and putter around the kitchen. In terms of heat, it seems to be just as hot as my regular coffee maker. The preheat is a bit noisy, but not noisy enough to wake others upstairs. If you have a super light sleeper and thin walls you may have a noise issue.

The screen isn't the most responsive, it kind of reminds me of a Garmin GPS screen. So don't be afraid to give it a little bit of pressure, it won't break. You can customize the display color, 16 in total. And you can choose if you want an analog clock or a digital one. There's other functions, but I didn't have a need for them.

You may run into some trouble with travel mugs or tall mugs in general. You can use a mug up to 7" inches tall. My Thermos travel tumbler is 7.5" inches, so for now I'm using a regular mug to transfer the liquid to the tumbler.

I've read that distilled water is a 'no no' for the 2.0 line. They suggest filtered or spring water because it still needs some mineral content, something about the sensor inside of the machine. When there's 10oz left in the reservoir, it will flash that it needs water. So there always needs to be more then that at any given time. This makes me greatful that I didn't choose the K200, with only a 40oz capacity.

I would encourage everyone to do a quick internet search for K-cup shops in your area. I live in Alliston, ON (there's also a shop in Barrie, ON) and the store near my place charges $0.59, $0.69, $0.79 for the majority of their cups. It gives you the chance to find the drinks that you like without buying an entire package of them. This brings me to my title...

My first cup was McCafe. How do you ask? SoloClip.

The company that makes it is SoloFill. Before I bought this machine I was fully aware of the compatibility issues with the old cups. I wanted options, and the plastic clips offered on Amazon had terrible reviews. Warping and snapping off...I didn't want to waste my money so I dug deeper on the interwebs and I found the SoloClip! It's made of mostly metal, it slides on like a glove (not an actual clip) and has stayed in place every time we use the machine.

I couldn't find the clip for a reasonable price on Amazon. Two sellers are asking about $25 (with shipping) for only the clip. Can you say highway robbery? So I went to my local K-cup shop and I found the SoloPod. I got a 'fill your own cup' and the clip for $18. I was so happy. Like a kid in a {coffee} candy store!

I wanted everyone to know that there's options, and right now this seems to be the best one. Its not all doom and gloom for Keurig! The SoloPod is BPA free for those curious.

Right now this is highly recommended. If anything changes I will update :)

KES A7070 Toilet Paper Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
KES A7070 Toilet Paper Holder, Brushed Stainless Steel
Offered by KES Faucet & Shower
Price: CDN$ 42.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect on my wood painted vanity, Dec 4 2015
I've had this on my vanity for a couple of weeks and it hasn't shown any signs of coming off. I can even tug on it and it stays in place.

I have no wall space for a regular toilet paper holder and I really didn't want to drill into the vanity. I've lived in my home now a couple of years and have always left the toilet paper on the counter. It's not bad but no one wants to pick it up...hah

I've used several 3M adhesive products around my home so I had no doubts about this being great. The stainless steel is heavy duty. You can feel and see the quality. It can also be positioned with a left or right opening, making it perfect for tight spaces. Over all install was easy, remove backing and place. I used a level to place mine. It was a bit nervous because there's very little room for error but as you can see it turned out perfect.

I will update if anything changes. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-12