Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 197

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Danze DH440677BN Manhattan Toilet Tank Lever Handle, Brushed Nickel
Danze DH440677BN Manhattan Toilet Tank Lever Handle, Brushed Nickel
Price: CDN$ 39.28
3 used & new from CDN$ 29.00

4.0 out of 5 stars A cost effective way to make your bathroom look expensive, Feb. 16 2015
I really do love these. They're made of all metal construction (as well as the pieces inside the tank) which is nice. It instantly makes your bathroom and toilet seem like they cost so much more. I used these to replace the basic plastic levers that the builder provided. Which were scratched up before we even moved in!

I had to deduct a star. As much as I love this, I ran into some issues. I bought 3 of these, one for each bathroom in my home. The first batch I got had scratches, one of the covers for the screws was broken off and the other was chrome even though the box said nickel. In any case, they were all opened leading me to believe they were returns. I got my second batch and they were better, I've now settled. They won't be perfect even though you would think they should be for the cost. Thankfully I get them on sale so it's not that big of a let down.

Installation was fairly easy; a lot of trial and error for your particular tank. I've been using these for a few weeks now. One of my installs, the lever would move even though I tightened it good. The previous two I had installed never had that issue. I cleaned the inside of the tank around the lever hole. I thought, maybe the tank wall is wet and making it move? After I cleaned and dried it, it seemed to stay in place. For now I've kept the screw driver close just in case something mucks up.

I say, buy these with caution. You may need to return some; I'm really picky about that stuff so any scratch issue is a no no. Maybe Danze will take the time to read reviews and do more about quality control.

Hopefully these will last long term. If anything changes I will update

Totally Bamboo 20-7562 3-Inch by 12-Inch Drawer Organizer (Brown)
Totally Bamboo 20-7562 3-Inch by 12-Inch Drawer Organizer (Brown)
Price: CDN$ 8.99
5 used & new from CDN$ 8.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for odd shaped long items, Feb. 16 2015
Love this item, it has thick sides and appears sturdy enough. I tugged each of the sides to see if they would give and they didn't, so I think it's safe to say that it'll last a long time as long as it's taken care of. Currently I use it for all the long items that are sort of odd to place I suppose. The BBQ lighter, chopsticks, straws and other tiny things. I love that they have a place now! There's a large green sticker on one of the sides, I tried getting it off slowly and carefully but I still ended up with half the sticker on. I was going to try and goo gone it but I remembered I was putting this up against the drawer wall. So why bother? The sticker is covered and I'm happy.

As you can see, I used this in conjunction with Totally Bamboo 20-7560 3-Inch by 6-Inch Drawer Organizer and 2 Totally Bamboo In Drawer Knife Blocks. It all works together very nicely. I used Command strips to keep all these items in place. There's nothing worse then organizers moving around when they shouldn't! They're not expensive and it makes the items look (almost) built in. Highly recommended.

Seville Classics Bamboo Spice Rack Drawer Tray
Seville Classics Bamboo Spice Rack Drawer Tray
Price: CDN$ 19.86
4 used & new from CDN$ 19.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy organizer, Feb. 16 2015
I've had this item a few weeks now, and it's still taking some getting used to! My hubby mentioned to me the other night that he was searching the cupboard for 5 minutes, before remembering that I moved everything around (again hah)

So here's my experience. The build is great, and nothing was wrong with it. I buy a variety of spice bottles from different companies. Currently as you can see I have Great Value (Wal Mart), Club House and Mrs. Dash. Originally I had wanted this spice rack to be in my top drawer. But because my countertop (laminate btw) has a large "lip" underneath where the drawer stops, the bottles just can't fit. Bummer! I was so bummed!

I was really determined to have this, so I tried the second drawer. My second drawer has 5" inches of clearance. Here's how the measurements stack up:

■ Great Value & Club House spice bottles need 4 " inches at minimum; I would suggest 5" inches.
■ Mrs. Dash spice bottles need 4" inches at minimum; I would suggest 4 " inches.

For reference, the Mrs. Dash spice bottle is 1 " inches wide. If you have smaller bottles, then you wouldn't need as much clearance. How much less, I'm not sure hah but hopefully this gives you all an idea before you buy!

DualShock 4 Controller - Black - PlayStation 4
DualShock 4 Controller - Black - PlayStation 4
Price: CDN$ 59.99
9 used & new from CDN$ 59.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Get it on sale, it's a somewhat disappointing product from Sony, Jan. 28 2015
I bought my system at launch and I bought a spare controller 4 months later. So I have one controller just over a year old and another that is almost a year old. So I've had plenty of time to test these out.

First, these controllers feel much better in your hand vs the PS3 controllers. It's larger, which makes me think they made them for adults in mind. Which is great for me! The battery life varies depending on the game. Dragon Age Inquisition has more vibration than Lego Marvel Super Heroes as an example. With Dragon Age they last about 7-8 hours on a charge as an example.

Since getting the system, these are the games I actively play or have played: Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Batman 3, WWE 2k15, Lego The Hobbit and Dragon Age Inquisition. That's it; I like to platinum games so they last a little longer. It really isn't a lot of wear and tear, but recently (the last few months) something started to happen...

It may not happen now, next week or next month but eventually the rubber on your R thumb pads are going to come off. Do yourself a huge favor and buy some thumb grips for your controllers. If too much coating has come off an R pad, a grip won't have anything to hang onto.

You've spent $60 or so dollars on one of these and the rubber comes off? It's time for drink! because this is depressing. I have 5-6 year old PS3 controllers that operate like new and they've taken so much more abuse! I don't get it. Sony should not have allowed this "coating" around them. I really would have prefered the old coating similar to the PS3. And forget about getting any help from Sony, they don't care *thumbs up*

In any case, I thought I should warn you all. No one should have to drown themselves in sorrows such as mine...it just isn't right

Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food, 13.2-Ounce, 12 Count
Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food, 13.2-Ounce, 12 Count
Price: CDN$ 34.90
8 used & new from CDN$ 34.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet dog food that looks like food, Jan. 15 2015
This is an awesome value, my local pet store sells these for almost double per can. My little monster gobbles this stuff up, he adores it and I like that it's solid chunks of food. It looks and smells far better then the usual store bought pate stuff.

The only criticism I have is that it would be wonderful if Merrick could make a variety pack in a case of 12. Currently I'm mixing this with Merrick Grain Free dry dog food, it's a winning combo!

Tea Forte Warming Spice Teas Tea Brewing System - Tea Brewing System with Loose Tea Single Steeps

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious gift for everyone, Jan. 15 2015
I bought two of these for my mom and sister-in-law for Christmas. They're fantastic gifts, no one usually expects this sort of thing and everyone is always curious how the flavors taste. Both ladies were very pleased. They've had no issues with the mugs and everything was easy to put together. I'm looking forward to picking up more kits for myself and husband.

Tea Forte World of Teas Tea Brewing System - Tea for One Tea Maker with Single Steeps Loose Teas

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful gift, Jan. 15 2015
I bought this for my mother in law for Christmas. She loved it! And it didn't break the bank. She's tried her teas, and she said that they're delicious. The mug was in perfect condition, and it looks like it'll last. Hopefully these kits will be in stock again, so I can pick up a couple more.

Highly recommended

FosPower® (3 Feet) 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Audio Cable - 24K Gold Plated - High Quality - Male to Male Stereo Aux Cable for Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad, Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola, Sony, Nokia Lumia Smartphone & Tablet, Fire phone & MP3 Player
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 11.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 11.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in the car, Jan. 15 2015
This arrived quickly; within a week. I just tested this in my car. Works perfectly and sounds great

InterDesign Shower Curtain Rollerz, Clear/Chrome, Set of 12
InterDesign Shower Curtain Rollerz, Clear/Chrome, Set of 12
Price: CDN$ 7.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Jan. 10 2015
I used this set on brand a new shower curtain rod from Amazon as well (InterDesign Forma Ultra Shower Curtain Tension Rod, Split Finish, 43-75 Inch)

After reading the reviews about people using metal rollers on their metal rods, I decided it would be best to try the clear acrylic rollers. I don't want to have to change them in a few years because of rust. The only thing I worry about is repeated bending from removing and cleaning my fabric shower curtain.

Only time will tell! I love how smoothly it glides on the rod. I barely have to pull on it. It's very nice, I'll be re-ordering this when I do my masterbath next

PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Gold Wireless Headset Edition
PlayStation 4 Gold Wireless Stereo Headset - Gold Wireless Headset Edition
Price: CDN$ 99.96
4 used & new from CDN$ 99.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for PS4/PS3 and the computer. Wonderful value on sale, Jan. 10 2015
Right out of the box, everything was great. I charged this through my USB 3.0 on my PC, it took about an hour and a half to fully charge. I purchased this because I don't have bluetooth in my computer but I needed the wireless option. It's plug and play for my windows 7 PC, I didn't have to do a thing!

The USB dongle is smaller then I imagined it would be. There's barely a 'foot print'. When it's plugged into the PS4, there's plenty of room to use the other USB to charge a controller. The same goes for the PS3.

You'll need to download the "headset companion app" on the playstation store for each console (if you have more then one system) to use sound profiles and preferences. When you want to load a sound profile to the headset, you have to connect the headset to the PS4/PS3 via the USB charging cable. It's kind of a pain in the "you know what"

I've tested the Infamous Second Son sound profile on Infamous First Light and it sounds fantastic! You can hear everything, the birds off in the distance, the rain, people talking nearby. On the consoles, this is a winner! I've heard the audio on my PC as well, and it sounded great too. It's not the same as the consoles since the 7.1 surround is only for the consoles, but overall it's not bad at all.

I can't comment on the microphone, I haven't had anyone to test it with :p I also can't comment on the battery life, I've only used it for a few hours at a time.

This is a great value for the sale price I got it for on boxing day. I read reviews about people having issues with the plastic hinges and plastic head band so I've been proactive to be as careful as I can with it. Which is what I probably would have done anyway. I also won't be folding them. Hopefully that will help for longevity.

I highly recommend this set. When I use it for a long gaming session (battery test) or test the mic I'll add that info to this review

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10