Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 267

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Whitmor 6066-537 Supreme Double Closet Rod, Chrome
Whitmor 6066-537 Supreme Double Closet Rod, Chrome
Price: CDN$ 16.79

4.0 out of 5 stars great option for tops, Nov. 25 2014
This is really great for tops; I wouldn't suggest wooden hangers as they would weigh to much. Currently I'm using plastic (the thinner ones, NOT the thick "winter coat" ones) and thin velour hangers and they seem to be able to hold the weight. I have about 35 tops (half tee shirts, the other half being dress shirts) on this and it's starting to buckle slightly, so I know I've reached my limit. Because these are adjustable and my closet is lower to the floor, I opted to put my pants above my tops on my main bar. Which meant I needed to be crafty at hanging (I'm 5'10" I have long legs!) but overall I'm very happy with this purchase. It does what I need it to do, it provided me with a clutter free closet on a budget. I recommend this with caution; if you plan on hanging heavy items you're better off spending more on a more sturdy option.

Umbra Starfish Drain Cover/Hair Catcher, White
Umbra Starfish Drain Cover/Hair Catcher, White
Offered by Bernieel
Price: CDN$ 3.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works perfectly in my tubs, Nov. 25 2014
I've read a lot of reviews for this item. One thing I've noticed, is how unhappy a lot of people are with it. I live in a 2 year old home, and I'm wondering if it's old tubs/drains causing issues for people? because I don't have a single bad thing to say about this. As far as I can tell, this little beauty has always done its job. It's flush to the bottom of both tubs, creating a seal. As with anything that comes in contact with water on a regular basis, you will need to clean this. Otherwise it'll start growing slimy things and changing colors. The suction cups are decently sized; if I'm having an issue sticking it to the tub floor (really rare) I get the cups wet and it's good to go!

UPDATE: I've had some time to think about others reviews. Since reading what others have had to say, I wondered if maybe it was also the way I put it on. So I'll tell you how I do it :)

I always wait for my strainer to be totally or mostly dry before I remove it from the tub floor. I clean and remove all the hair as well. So when it comes time to shower again, the strainer is dry and clean. I run the tap and wait for the area around the drain to be soaked and then I place it with the tap still running. Then I start the showerhead. I did this again today and I actually took the time to crouch down and watch my hairs getting caught and not being able to slip underneath. Hopefully this helps some people!

InterDesign Axis Over the Cabinet, X3 Basket, Chrome
InterDesign Axis Over the Cabinet, X3 Basket, Chrome
Price: CDN$ 22.88
6 used & new from CDN$ 22.88

4.0 out of 5 stars not meant for 1" inch thick (or greater) cabinets, Nov. 25 2014
I can't comment on the longevity or durability of the product because it didn't fit on my cupboards! However what I can do is inform others of the measurements. Your cupboard (or whatever you plan to hang this on) can only be  inch maximum thickness. I'm thinking these would be best on basic doors. Oh well! I gave this 4 stars because despite not being able to use it, it was in good shape. It just wasn't meant to be

Newt's Chews NCM-57426 Antler Dog Chew, Monster
Newt's Chews NCM-57426 Antler Dog Chew, Monster
Price: CDN$ 24.71

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 - 3 months hah highly recommended!, Nov. 25 2014
This is a supurb price for the size you get. I have a 30lb cockapoo who loves nothing else but to chew on hard things. He has gone through an entire antler in less then 2 weeks (medium/large sized). It saves me money to buy these giant ones. They last a lot longer, 2 - 3 months hah highly recommended!

Fosmon® x2 6ft VIVID Micro USB Flat Controller Charging Cables Sony Playstation 4 / PS4 & Microsoft Xbox One Controllers - Fosmon Retail Packaging (Black)
Price: CDN$ 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the money if you need spare cables, Aug. 26 2014
Using this for my PS4 controllers and my cell phone occasionally. Works like a dream! Great value

Fosmon High Speed Cat6 RJ45 FLAT TANGLE FREE Snagless Network Cable - Patch - Ethernet / Moderm / Router / LAN / Printer / MAC / Laptop / PS2 & PS3 / XBox & XBox 360 - Fosmon Retail Packaging - White - 15ft
Price: CDN$ 6.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars works well for my VOD, Aug. 26 2014
Using this to toggle my PS4 and Shaw tv satellite box internet connection. I wish routers had more than 4 ports hah works well, does the job and it didn't break the bank :)

The Ice Box (Disney Frozen)
The Ice Box (Disney Frozen)
by Courtney Carbone
Edition: Board book
Price: CDN$ 10.36
30 used & new from CDN$ 4.28

5.0 out of 5 stars great gift, Aug. 26 2014
My 3 year old neice loved this! Any young frozen fan should be delighted to have it!

Fosmon High Speed 600Mhz Cat7 Shielded FLAT TANGLE FREE Snagless Network Cable - Patch - Ethernet / Moderm / Router / LAN / Printer / MAC / Laptop / PS2 & PS3 / XBox & XBox 360 - Fosmon Retail Packaging - White - 10ft
Price: CDN$ 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars great bargain, Aug. 26 2014
I don't know how to test these cables. But I can say that I hooked up my PS4 with it, and I'm getting about 21-23mbps download and 1.7mbps upload. I pay for up to 25mbps download and 2mbps upload, I'm using the Asus RT-AC66 router. Not bad for the price, and I like that it's easier to hide.

Game of Thrones Seasons 1 & 2 with 3 Exclusive Funko Pop Vinyls [Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy]

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic set for any collector, Aug. 26 2014
these pops were almost free considering the cost of the first two seasons alone. All arrived well packaged, the pops are all in good condition. Minimal, if any painting issues. Love these special pops! this package was definitely worth it!

Funko Pop Heroes-Captain America Movie 2, Captain America Action Figure
Funko Pop Heroes-Captain America Movie 2, Captain America Action Figure
Offered by Advanced Savings
Price: CDN$ 24.99
4 used & new from CDN$ 24.99

4.0 out of 5 stars I like his new suit :D, Aug. 26 2014
Had to return my first captain. The tip of his nose was missing hah luckily my replacement had far less noticable issues. Ones I could live with. He's so cute, now I need to decide if I need the whole set...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8