Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 293

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
DualShock 4 Controller - Black - PlayStation 4
DualShock 4 Controller - Black - PlayStation 4
Price: CDN$ 59.99
15 used & new from CDN$ 49.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Get it on sale, it's a somewhat disappointing product from Sony, Jan. 28 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought my system at launch and I bought a spare controller 4 months later. So I have one controller just over a year old and another that is almost a year old. So I've had plenty of time to test these out.

First, these controllers feel much better in your hand vs the PS3 controllers. It's larger, which makes me think they made them for adults in mind. Which is great for me! The battery life varies depending on the game. Dragon Age Inquisition has more vibration than Lego Marvel Super Heroes as an example. With Dragon Age they last about 7-8 hours on a charge as an example.

Since getting the system, these are the games I actively play or have played: Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Batman 3, WWE 2k15, Lego The Hobbit and Dragon Age Inquisition. That's it; I like to platinum games so they last a little longer. It really isn't a lot of wear and tear, but recently (the last few months) something started to happen...

It may not happen now, next week or next month but eventually the rubber on your R thumb pads are going to come off. Do yourself a huge favor and buy some thumb grips for your controllers. If too much coating has come off an R pad, a grip won't have anything to hang onto.

You've spent $60 or so dollars on one of these and the rubber comes off? It's time for drink! because this is depressing. I have 5-6 year old PS3 controllers that operate like new and they've taken so much more abuse! I don't get it. Sony should not have allowed this "coating" around them. I really would have prefered the old coating similar to the PS3. And forget about getting any help from Sony, they don't care *thumbs up*

In any case, I thought I should warn you all. No one should have to drown themselves in sorrows such as mine...it just isn't right

Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food, 13.2-Ounce, 12 Count
Merrick Wilderness Blend Dog Food, 13.2-Ounce, 12 Count
Price: CDN$ 34.90
5 used & new from CDN$ 34.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Wet dog food that looks like food, Jan. 15 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This is an awesome value, my local pet store sells these for almost double per can. My little monster gobbles this stuff up, he adores it and I like that it's solid chunks of food. It looks and smells far better then the usual store bought pate stuff.

The only criticism I have is that it would be wonderful if Merrick could make a variety pack in a case of 12. Currently I'm mixing this with Merrick Grain Free dry dog food, it's a winning combo!

Tea Forte Warming Spice Teas Tea Brewing System - Tea Brewing System with Loose Tea Single Steeps

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious gift for everyone, Jan. 15 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought two of these for my mom and sister-in-law for Christmas. They're fantastic gifts, no one usually expects this sort of thing and everyone is always curious how the flavors taste. Both ladies were very pleased. They've had no issues with the mugs and everything was easy to put together. I'm looking forward to picking up more kits for myself and husband.

Tea Forte World of Teas Tea Brewing System - Tea for One Tea Maker with Single Steeps Loose Teas

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful gift, Jan. 15 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I bought this for my mother in law for Christmas. She loved it! And it didn't break the bank. She's tried her teas, and she said that they're delicious. The mug was in perfect condition, and it looks like it'll last. Hopefully these kits will be in stock again, so I can pick up a couple more.

Highly recommended

FosPower® (3 Feet) 3.5mm Stereo Jack to Jack Audio Cable - 24K Gold Plated - High Quality - Male to Male Stereo Aux Cable for Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad, Samsung, LG, HTC, Motorola, Sony, Nokia Lumia Smartphone & Tablet, Fire phone & MP3 Player
Offered by theWireless Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well in the car, Jan. 15 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
This arrived quickly; within a week. I just tested this in my car. Works perfectly and sounds great

InterDesign Shower Curtain Rollerz, Clear/Chrome, Set of 12
InterDesign Shower Curtain Rollerz, Clear/Chrome, Set of 12
Price: CDN$ 7.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Jan. 10 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
I used this set on brand a new shower curtain rod from Amazon as well (InterDesign Forma Ultra Shower Curtain Tension Rod, Split Finish, 43-75 Inch)

After reading the reviews about people using metal rollers on their metal rods, I decided it would be best to try the clear acrylic rollers. I don't want to have to change them in a few years because of rust. The only thing I worry about is repeated bending from removing and cleaning my fabric shower curtain.

Only time will tell! I love how smoothly it glides on the rod. I barely have to pull on it. It's very nice, I'll be re-ordering this when I do my masterbath next

Sony Computer Entertainment PS Gold Wireless Stereo Headset
Sony Computer Entertainment PS Gold Wireless Stereo Headset
Price: CDN$ 99.96
3 used & new from CDN$ 99.96

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for PS4/PS3 and the computer. Wonderful value on sale, Jan. 10 2015
Right out of the box, everything was great. I charged this through my USB 3.0 on my PC, it took about an hour and a half to fully charge. I purchased this because I don't have bluetooth in my computer but I needed the wireless option. It's plug and play for my windows 7 PC, I didn't have to do a thing!

The USB dongle is smaller then I imagined it would be. There's barely a 'foot print'. When it's plugged into the PS4, there's plenty of room to use the other USB to charge a controller. The same goes for the PS3.

You'll need to download the "headset companion app" on the playstation store for each console (if you have more then one system) to use sound profiles and preferences. When you want to load a sound profile to the headset, you have to connect the headset to the PS4/PS3 via the USB charging cable. It's kind of a pain in the "you know what"

I've tested the Infamous Second Son sound profile on Infamous First Light and it sounds fantastic! You can hear everything, the birds off in the distance, the rain, people talking nearby. On the consoles, this is a winner! I've heard the audio on my PC as well, and it sounded great too. It's not the same as the consoles since the 7.1 surround is only for the consoles, but overall it's not bad at all.

I can't comment on the microphone, I haven't had anyone to test it with :p I also can't comment on the battery life, I've only used it for a few hours at a time.

This is a great value for the sale price I got it for on boxing day. I read reviews about people having issues with the plastic hinges and plastic head band so I've been proactive to be as careful as I can with it. Which is what I probably would have done anyway. I also won't be folding them. Hopefully that will help for longevity.

I highly recommend this set. When I use it for a long gaming session (battery test) or test the mic I'll add that info to this review

GreatShield Apple MFi Licensed Lightning Charge & Sync Cable for Apple iPhone 6/6 Plus, iPhone 5/5S/5C, iPad mini Retina Display, iPad 4th Gen, iPad Air 2013, iPod Touch 5th Gen, iPod Nano 7th Gen (Includes 1-Year Warranty) (Black - 6 Feet)
Offered by theWireless Company
Price: CDN$ 15.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 15.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, Jan. 10 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Bought this as a gift for my dad; he works in a large truck everyday and he needed something long enough to reach the back of it when he needed to charge his phone. This fit the bill. He also uses this for charging in a wall outlet and charging through his usb alarm clock. There's. Been no issues so far

Anker® 6ft / 1.8m Micro USB to USB Cable. High Speed USB 2.0 A Male to Micro B for Android, Samsung, HTC, Motorola, Sprint, Nokia, LG, HP, Sony, Blackberry and many more.
Offered by AnkerDirect
Price: CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, Jan. 10 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Works as it should, I got this to accompany a usb charging alarm clock. It gets used daily and there's been no performance issues. Excellent cable

Lidia's Favorite Recipes: 100 Foolproof Italian Dishes, from Basic Sauces to Irresistible Entrees
by Lidia Matticchio Bastianich
Price: CDN$ 17.52
34 used & new from CDN$ 17.52

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Italians and non italians alike, Jan. 10 2015
Achat vérifié(Quest-ce que cest?)
Bought this as a gift for an avid Lidia fan in my family. He adored it, another classic to add to his collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9