Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 229

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Transcend 32 GB SDHC Class 10  Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E
Transcend 32 GB SDHC Class 10 Flash Memory Card TS32GSDHC10E
Price: CDN$ 19.98

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, June 30 2014
I formatted it, checked with Nintendo (32gb being the max size) and installed it in my 3DS. It works wonderfully, just as it should.

Barbie Holiday Collection/Barbie Collection des Fetes (Bilingual)
Barbie Holiday Collection/Barbie Collection des Fetes (Bilingual)
Price: CDN$ 15.00
2 used & new from CDN$ 11.36

4.0 out of 5 stars great value, Jan. 2 2014
When I purchased this it was on sale, what a value! My 3 year old neice adores them, and so do her parents. It's a must have for the little ones during the holidays :)

Whole Life Pet Products Pure Meat All Natural Freeze Dried Beef Liver Treats for Dogs and Cats, 21-Ounce

3.0 out of 5 stars good value when on sale, Jan. 2 2014
I had done a bunch of research on dog treat companies; I found whole life and thought I had found the treat company for me and my pet. My dog loves these, he gobbles them up fast.

My 3 star review is solely based on their customer service. A lot of companies are turning to social media, which I think is fantastic. Whole Life has a page, and they're terrible at managing it. I made a harmless comment asking what about your Canadian fans (it was for US customers only). Well they blew it out of proportion. They deleted my comment, when I asked why they told me that they only do that if the comment was offensive...what? I was so confused about how I had been offensive and they refused to tell me how exactly. The emails that were exchanged had the owners of the company involved. He was rude to his employees and totally brushed me off.

I simply wanted to know how I was being offensive lol they have come off as completely being incompetent and rude.

I'm very much okay spending my hard earned money with a company who cares for their customers. No thank you Whole Life!

Garmin Carry All Case for Garmin nuvi Models
Garmin Carry All Case for Garmin nuvi Models
Price: CDN$ 19.99
17 used & new from CDN$ 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars fabulous!, Jan. 2 2014
I had been waiting for this; Garmins US website has had it for a long time. The retailers just weren't carrying it. Then I saw it on here! I was so impressed that I purchased a second one for my parents when I bought them a brand new Garmin for Christmas.

Everyone is very happy! There's plenty of padding to protect your unit and enough room to fit your cable and suction mount. There's definitely room for another cable if needed. It's a fantastic value considering the other universal case is only for the unit itself and it's a dollar or two cheaper. This just makes sense. The only thing I would change would be to add a handle of some kind, but it's certainly not a deal breaker, highly recommended!

Logitech Speaker System Z323 with Subwoofer
Logitech Speaker System Z323 with Subwoofer
Price: CDN$ 74.98
22 used & new from CDN$ 74.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Set!, Aug. 30 2013
Previously I purchased the LS21 set from Logitech. It worked well for the price. Since then, I got a puppy who decided to chew the wires...hah So I was faced with a decision, purchase the same set or upgrade. I decided to upgrade, and boy was I not disappointed!

The LS21 has nothing on this set hah I barely reached the halfway mark on the volume control of the Z323 set and my floors are moving! So is the furniture! I currently have the bass level at the dot right before the middle of the control. And it sounds so great :) I'm so very glad I bought these. It was certainly worth the little extra (especially when these are on sale!) So far zero distortion (that I can hear)

The only issue I had was the first set Amazon sent me was a previous return by another customer. I called and they apologized and sent me out a new set that arrived the next day. So impressed, thank you Amazon.

Doggie Delicacy DD-EA21871 All Natural Shed Premium Dog Treat and Chew, Elk Antler Original 6 to 7-Inch, X to Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Large just as it says, July 25 2013
I bought a large Deer antler for my cockapoos first antler. He loves it! The problem is that for the $11.50 I spent on it it was actually pretty small (also from Doggie Delicacy). I must have gotten an end piece. Anyway so I was skeptical about buying this as it's about about a $6.50 difference. Thank goodness I bought this! It's much larger than the deer antler I purchased before. He's still working on the deer, but it's quickly disappearing because of it's small size. I know he'll love this new one when the time comes. Highly recommended :)

Ooma Linx Dect 6.0 Remote Phone Extension, Black
Ooma Linx Dect 6.0 Remote Phone Extension, Black
Price: CDN$ 48.99
11 used & new from CDN$ 48.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, July 16 2013
I connected my Ooma linx in the basement for my alarm system. I was pretty skeptical about it because of all the problems people had commented on when using this (having to plug it in and out until the light showed, connecting but not working with an alarm system). To my relief it worked without a hitch!

I called my alarm company before I bought the ooma telo to make sure the system was compatible.

When I called to have the system checked, the rep asked me where our ooma was located. She said it needed to be in the basement beside the alarm. She hadn't heard of the linx before. At this point I was REALLY hoping that it would work. How silly would I feel after calling and saying it would work? hah

I did a reset and everything worked the way it should.

Happy endings all around!

In terms of setting up, it was extremely easy. When I plugged it into the wall it didn't blink at first and I thought I got a dud. A few seconds later it started to flash. I turned the signal on the telo, and they connected right away.

The linx then updated. It took about 5 minutes to do, then it went a solid blue color. I unplugged it and placed it in the basement. The rest is...well you know :P

As a side note, make sure you setup the device on your "my ooma" account. When logged in, click on "preferences" beside the home link at the top of the page. Click on the "phone numbers" link on the left hand navigation. There you will see your telo listed. Click the "setup device" link beside your telo and choose your options. This way everything works in harmony.

I would definitely recommend this for your telo, there's lots of value in it. The alarm company wanted $200 for a wireless receiver and then required us to pay an additional $10 a month in monitoring for it. No thanks!

Ooma Telo (Discontinued by Manufacturer) - Free Home Phone Service (VoIP) - Canadian Version
Offered by Sale away
Price: CDN$ 187.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving this, July 16 2013
First off, this is a great value. Set up was extremely easy, I followed the instructions and was up in running in a few minutes. Call quality so far has been superb. No one knows I'm calling them over the internet! I have called US numbers with zero issues. I can't comment on international calls as I don't know anyone to call over there. My panasonic dect system with 3 phones is connected to ooma and they all work fantastically.

I opted to pay for premier for the year up front in order to get our number port for free. We wanted premier anyway, the value speaks for itself. On the 12th day our port went through. The only complaint I have is that on the 12th day I had no home phone. It was as if our line was stuck in limbo. A quick call to Ooma hurried it along.

You can change the caller ID that shows up when you call people. What they don't mention is that to do this it's a $20 charge. So if you signed up your account as "John Smith" your caller Id would show as "SMITH JOHN" If you don't want your full name as your caller ID, you're stuck with the charge.

I haven't had a need for the wireless adaptor so I can't comment on how it works with the system. I do have a linx connected for my alarm system. I wrote a review for the linx on amazon.ca as well.

I have faxed once. I set the redundancy to 3 and tried it with the *99 first. It didn't work. So I tried without the *99 and it went through without a problem.

By the way, you should have at least 1 mbps upload speed with your internet in order for ooma to work properly. Issues like bad call quality, faxes not working etc. usually indicate that the internet isn't fast enough. I personally have up to 2 mbps and as you've read, I've had no issues. Their site says you need at least 384 kbps but you're better off with more than needed (1000 kbps = 1 mbps)

I hope the "my Ooma" portal will get easier to deal with. It's not a big steamy mess, but I feel like a lot of practical things are missing from it.

I would definately recommend this product. A basic phone line with one of the big companies is $34 (taxes in) and that's with NO features or long distance. $14 a month with features I never dreamed of having, SAVINGS!

Aspen Pet 50916 Medium 2 Knot Yummy Rope Bone, Steak Flavored
Aspen Pet 50916 Medium 2 Knot Yummy Rope Bone, Steak Flavored
Price: CDN$ 2.67
3 used & new from CDN$ 2.67

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, May 12 2013
My guy loves ropes. When I saw this for only a couple of dollars I decided to pick up a few. So far so good! He loves them :) In terms of taste...I'm not sure hah you can't really tell that it's flavored. I bet your dog will with their senses though!

West Paw Design Guaranteed Tough Large Hurley Dog Toy, Granny Smith Apple Green
West Paw Design Guaranteed Tough Large Hurley Dog Toy, Granny Smith Apple Green
Offered by everyCasa -ca
Price: CDN$ 15.00
8 used & new from CDN$ 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Works wonders for my cockapoo puppy, May 12 2013
My pup, Lord Tubbington, has been a terror in terms of ripping things up. He's 8 months old and I can't tell you how many toys he's been through. This (and their other products) has been great. He loves the density of it for his chewing. Finally, something that holds up longer than a day or two hah

I highly recommended this. If you have a really aggressive chewer in your home, I'd suggest their "black" line of products Hurley, Tux and Jive.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6