Profile for Valerie > Reviews

Content by Valerie
Top Reviewer Ranking: 122

Guidelines: Learn more about the ins and outs of Amazon Communities.

Valerie (Alliston, ON)

Offered by The Handy House
Price: CDN$ 14.99
3 used & new from CDN$ 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade, June 7 2015
I purchased 2 of these for my parents after buying a set of my own. They're wonderful! The outershell is flexable, it's easy to move around. If it gets dirty you can handwash it or stick it in the dishwasher. The cotton lining is easy to remove and it's also safe to throw into the laundry. I've taken dishes out of the oven at over 500F. Just to test it, I've also stood with those dishes in my hand for up to 15 seconds and still didn't feel anything.

Overall these are pricey, but I believe they're more then worth their up front cost. it's time to say "NO" to those crappy cotton gloves and upgrade to these mastrad ones! Highly recommended!

If you're looking for a thicker version without the cotton lining, take a look at their Pro mitts. They're also good for BBQing and fire pits. There's an 11 inch & 17 inch version:

InterDesign Forma Ultra Shower Curtain Tension Rod, Split Finish, 43-75 Inch
InterDesign Forma Ultra Shower Curtain Tension Rod, Split Finish, 43-75 Inch
Price: CDN$ 27.71
7 used & new from CDN$ 27.71

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks fancy, June 7 2015
I've owned this for roughly 6 months and I've had zero quality issues with it. As long as you follow the instructions, it should be installed fairly easy (depending on how strong you are and how tight a fit you want, you may need an extra pair of hands)

After putting it up and placing it, I noticed my hands had dirtied the finish. I used stainless steel wipes and all the finger and hand prints disappeared. I also used these interdesign shower curtain rings, in the clear acrylic: http://www.amazon.ca/InterDesign-Shower-Curtain-Rollerz-Chrome/dp/B00FFE07RM/

Overall I'm very pleased with this purchase. In the future I plan on doing my master bath as well. Recommended!

Sound Dampening Door Bumpers, 1/2" Diameter (200 Count) (clear)
Sound Dampening Door Bumpers, 1/2" Diameter (200 Count) (clear)
Offered by monster master
Price: CDN$ 10.99
2 used & new from CDN$ 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars No more slamming & banging!, June 7 2015
I purchased these the other day, so longevity isn't something I can comment on just yet.

What I can say is that they work very well to dampen loud noises. I've done a few cupboards, and I've discovered that in order to get the best result, you may have to move them around. I started off putting them on the door corners, at the edge where the old ones were.
It didn't always work because the doors aren't totally level when closed. I assume this has to do with my home settling...or maybe incompitent installers?

I've found that more sound goes away when you use two together. One on the cupboard door and one on the cabinet. It does make the door stick out a bit, that doesn't bother me. They can be a pain in the "you know what", to place and get right but once done, it's great on the ears.

I've provided a photo, the smaller bumper on my counter is what the builder provided with my cabinetry. There's a big difference as you can see. A HUGE improvement.

Highly recommended. If that changes, I will update

20 x Silicone Analog Controller Thumb Stick Grips Cap Cover for Sony Play Station 4 PS4 Game Accessories Replacement Par
Offered by Elisona-Ca-shop
Price: CDN$ 3.88
7 used & new from CDN$ 3.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Life savers!, June 7 2015
I have two controllers; around the first year of owning them I started to realize that the rubber on the thumb grips were coming off. I was not happy at all. Especially because I had no warranty left.

I'm very disappointed in Sony. There should have been more or better testing.

In any case, these are life savers. I purchased them this Jan and they arrived in a couple of weeks. Currently, the grips I'm using on my controllers all work and look like new after 5 months of continuous use. They can be a pain to put on, I have clammy hands. It was a bit of a struggle! But once they're on, you should be good. Mine have slightly moved during heavy gaming sessions; nothing a quick adjustment can't fix.

As you can see, I've tried them on my PS3 controllers. They're a tad big, I found that they slipped right off playing games like Uncharted. So they'll work, but you'll be doing a lot of adjusting.

They're very comfortable, it fits & feels like a glove...for your thumb! And you really can't beat the price. Highly recommended, I hope this helps!

InterDesign Linus Twin Drawer Organizer, 8 by 16 by 3-Inch, Clear
InterDesign Linus Twin Drawer Organizer, 8 by 16 by 3-Inch, Clear
Price: CDN$ 17.44
12 used & new from CDN$ 17.44

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gaming organization, June 7 2015
When buying this, I had gaming organization in mind. It works perfectly and everything has it's place. I also used 2 (two) 8x4 Linus drawer organizers for USB charging cables found here:

The size listed is exact, highly recommended!

5PC SONY 2032 CR2032 3V Lithium Battery
5PC SONY 2032 CR2032 3V Lithium Battery
Offered by NewItemExpress
Price: CDN$ 4.50
15 used & new from CDN$ 0.01

5.0 out of 5 stars great packaging and value, June 3 2015
It arrived in 3 days; I love that each battery can be individually opened. The expiry date on the package says 2024, and they work! I'm using these for Chamberlain garage door remotes. I purchased this for under $5, what a great deal!

Purchased from this shop: eCarmel

Danze DH440677BN Manhattan Toilet Tank Lever Handle, Brushed Nickel
Danze DH440677BN Manhattan Toilet Tank Lever Handle, Brushed Nickel
Price: CDN$ 42.83
3 used & new from CDN$ 42.83

4.0 out of 5 stars A cost effective way to make your bathroom look expensive, Feb. 16 2015
I really do love these. They're made of all metal construction (as well as the pieces inside the tank) which is nice. It instantly makes your bathroom and toilet seem like they cost so much more. I used these to replace the basic plastic levers that the builder provided. Which were scratched up before we even moved in!

I had to deduct a star. As much as I love this, I ran into some issues. I bought 3 of these, one for each bathroom in my home. The first batch I got had scratches, one of the covers for the screws was broken off and the other was chrome even though the box said nickel. In any case, they were all opened leading me to believe they were returns. I got my second batch and they were better, I've now settled. They won't be perfect even though you would think they should be for the cost. Thankfully I get them on sale so it's not that big of a let down.

Installation was fairly easy; a lot of trial and error for your particular tank. I've been using these for a few weeks now. One of my installs, the lever would move even though I tightened it good. The previous two I had installed never had that issue. I cleaned the inside of the tank around the lever hole. I thought, maybe the tank wall is wet and making it move? After I cleaned and dried it, it seemed to stay in place. For now I've kept the screw driver close just in case something mucks up.

I say, buy these with caution. You may need to return some; I'm really picky about that stuff so any scratch issue is a no no. Maybe Danze will take the time to read reviews and do more about quality control.

Hopefully these will last long term. If anything changes I will update

Totally Bamboo 20-7562 3-Inch by 12-Inch Drawer Organizer (Brown)
Totally Bamboo 20-7562 3-Inch by 12-Inch Drawer Organizer (Brown)
Price: CDN$ 9.59
3 used & new from CDN$ 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for odd shaped long items, Feb. 16 2015
Love this item, it has thick sides and appears sturdy enough. I tugged each of the sides to see if they would give and they didn't, so I think it's safe to say that it'll last a long time as long as it's taken care of. Currently I use it for all the long items that are sort of odd to place I suppose. The BBQ lighter, chopsticks, straws and other tiny things. I love that they have a place now! There's a large green sticker on one of the sides, I tried getting it off slowly and carefully but I still ended up with half the sticker on. I was going to try and goo gone it but I remembered I was putting this up against the drawer wall. So why bother? The sticker is covered and I'm happy.

As you can see, I used this in conjunction with Totally Bamboo 20-7560 3-Inch by 6-Inch Drawer Organizer and 2 Totally Bamboo In Drawer Knife Blocks. It all works together very nicely. I used Command strips to keep all these items in place. There's nothing worse then organizers moving around when they shouldn't! They're not expensive and it makes the items look (almost) built in. Highly recommended.

Seville Classics Bamboo Spice Rack Drawer Tray
Seville Classics Bamboo Spice Rack Drawer Tray
Price: CDN$ 19.86
3 used & new from CDN$ 19.86

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy organizer, Feb. 16 2015
I've had this item a few weeks now, and it's still taking some getting used to! My hubby mentioned to me the other night that he was searching the cupboard for 5 minutes, before remembering that I moved everything around (again hah)

So here's my experience. The build is great, and nothing was wrong with it. I buy a variety of spice bottles from different companies. Currently as you can see I have Great Value (Wal Mart), Club House and Mrs. Dash. Originally I had wanted this spice rack to be in my top drawer. But because my countertop (laminate btw) has a large "lip" underneath where the drawer stops, the bottles just can't fit. Bummer! I was so bummed!

I was really determined to have this, so I tried the second drawer. My second drawer has 5" inches of clearance. Here's how the measurements stack up:

■ Great Value & Club House spice bottles need 4 " inches at minimum; I would suggest 5" inches.
■ Mrs. Dash spice bottles need 4" inches at minimum; I would suggest 4 " inches.

For reference, the Mrs. Dash spice bottle is 1 " inches wide. If you have smaller bottles, then you wouldn't need as much clearance. How much less, I'm not sure hah but hopefully this gives you all an idea before you buy!

DualShock 4 Controller - Black - PlayStation 4
DualShock 4 Controller - Black - PlayStation 4
Offered by Hot Deals
Price: CDN$ 73.99
12 used & new from CDN$ 59.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Get it on sale, it's a somewhat disappointing product from Sony, Jan. 28 2015
I bought my system at launch and I bought a spare controller 4 months later. So I have one controller just over a year old and another that is almost a year old. So I've had plenty of time to test these out.

First, these controllers feel much better in your hand vs the PS3 controllers. It's larger, which makes me think they made them for adults in mind. Which is great for me! The battery life varies depending on the game. Dragon Age Inquisition has more vibration than Lego Marvel Super Heroes as an example. With Dragon Age they last about 7-8 hours on a charge as an example.

Since getting the system, these are the games I actively play or have played: Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Lego Batman 3, WWE 2k15, Lego The Hobbit and Dragon Age Inquisition. That's it; I like to platinum games so they last a little longer. It really isn't a lot of wear and tear, but recently (the last few months) something started to happen...

It may not happen now, next week or next month but eventually the rubber on your R thumb pads are going to come off. Do yourself a huge favor and buy some thumb grips for your controllers. If too much coating has come off an R pad, a grip won't have anything to hang onto.

This is what I've been using, and they've worked perfectly: http://www.amazon.ca/Silicone-Controller-PS4-Accessories-Replacement/dp/B00LZIBKHS/

So you've spent $60 or so dollars on one of these and the rubber comes off? It's time for drink! because this is depressing. I have 5-6 year old PS3 controllers that operate like new and they've taken so much more abuse! I don't get it. Sony should not have allowed this "coating" around them. I really would have prefered the old coating similar to the PS3. And forget about getting any help from Sony, they don't care *thumbs up*

In any case, I thought I should warn you all. It just isn't right!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10